New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

As someone who is interested in something for use outdoors for practice, and without any place to set up an indoor sim room, the Mevo+ seems like it would be a much better option than the Skytrak, since the Mevo+ is radar-based versus the camera-based Skytrak. I'll be interested to hear about how accurate it is from actual users once it is released to the public. It's probably outside the price range where I'd really consider it either way, but the $2k price point for a radar-based LM, if it provides accurate data, starts to become interesting.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

I think you picked a bad example for comparison there....

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

@Golfrnut Agreed. Flightscope shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Ernest.
In full disclosure, FS did have issues in the initial rollout of MEVO. And, it took a few firmware updates over a few months to make it right. But, after the updates, MEVO was and is an incredibly accurate device when you compare its measured parameters (club speed, ball speed, spin, and launch angle) versus any pro-line LM.

I don't think so. Skytrak, FS, Ernest Sports, Swing Caddie, and many others have made claims that they couldn't actually do. For instance, Skytrak says ball speed is within a certain % accuracy. BS, it gets very off at ball speeds over 140 or so. Swing Caddie can't read above a certain ball speed and isn't accurate at all with carry, Ernest couldn't do anything they said, and don't even get me started on all the on club sensors.

My point is, until a product has been thoroughly tested, whatever they say is BS. Flightscope is more reputable than Ernest by a long ways but they are still promising a lot for a much lower price point. There have to be problems with it. If not I will be happy as heck, but when you are shelling out thousands for something, you should expect it to do what it says it can do. Putting for instance. I will believe it when I see it because I know the technical limitations/difficulty of using radar to measure putting.

Just being a careful consumer, I think we all need to hold these companies accountable if they ever post capabilities they can't deliver.

Edit: It pays big time imo, to be very technically minded before shelling out money for these things. You need to know what they can and cannot do accurately otherwise it can be a very frustrating experience. I will be waiting until it is thoroughly tested by someone with some power off the tee. That is one of my biggest worries about these lower cost devices. They seem to lose their accuracy the faster the ball is.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

Mentioning that for Mevo or Mevo+?

For Mevo it comes from (others, not me) getting that info from FS CS and a decent amount of anecdotal evidence to back it up.

Seen nothing specific for Mevo+ but a backward regression or de-evolution in functionality compared to Mevo doesn't make any sense.

I think you need to save your money. I don't think you will be happy with any think less than a Trackman 4 or Flightscope X3. You expectations are far above what a consumer product would have. Also looking at your WITB, your ability appears to be closer to the pro range than most golfers. Your ability is probably outside of what consumer launch monitors are designed to track.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

You get me wrong. If the product discloses its shortcomings, like it should, or discloses its accuracy numbers truthfully at least as a consumer I would be aware. I am not knocking these products for their limited capabilities, I am knocking them for straight up lying about what they can and cannot do. My expectations are that the products do what they say they can do.

Edit: Saw your addition to your post. I just hit the ball hard is all and if a monitor can't read that and its measurements fall outside its stated accuracy range, they need to disclose that information to a would be buyer.

I feel companies are disclosing what the launch monitors are capable to do but your ability is above what they are designed to handle. You are not going to see companies disclose shortcomings, that is marketing suicide. You will see check mark comparisons of products and what they can do but in a positive way. From that, a consumer can decide which product is best for them. If you talk to a person at a company that sells launch monitors, they will probably get down to the details of which product will perform best for you and why a less expensive product will not work for you.

Callaway Chrome Soft

For my ability and club head speed the accuracy is good enough. I live in a 55+ community that has a golf course but no driving range. I have pavers in my backyard which allows me to lay a mat down. The Mevo+ will allow me to practice and give me a good idea of ball flight and distance. I also like to have my clubs play to a specific distance. For example I like to use my 7 iron as the 150 yard club, which has been my 7 iron distance since the early 80's. This will allow me to know if the shaft is working for me or I need to look for a different shaft that will get the clubs to the distance I want to play.

Callaway Chrome Soft

@clevited said but these companies disclose their accuracy
Who discloses their accuracy and where? If you have any links feel free to share. I haven't been able to find an actual accuracy spec for any of the more common LM's. All I've ever found is unspecific or generalized marketing claims, never any true specs.

Here are a couple of examples from advertising packages that you can find up on websites selling these. They seem to be straight from the manufacturer and part of the advertisement they have up. I have been hard pressed to find some of this info on the actual manufacturer website before.https://www.golfswingsystems.co.uk/product/swing-caddie-launch-monitor-sc300/

I4FB0DKILIP7.pnghttps://www.golfswingsystems.co.uk/product/skytrak/

BP0KBGZ3M8AY.png

I’ve been following this thread and this product space in general with keen interest over the past year.

There’s nothing more I want to purchase this year for my golf game than my own personal launch monitor. Costs not withstanding, I didn’t purchase the Mevo because I saw way too many reviews online that the accuracy just wasn’t there for the 1 parameter that was important to me, and that’s cary distance. My use case for Mevo or Mevo+ is specifically for the purpose of gapping my clubs and getting better with my distance control. if I can’t get accurate information I’m not going to buy it. Also, the inability to “normalize” to a premium golf ball is also a concern because no range I have access to uses the class of golf ball I typically play.

I understand that you get what you pay for, so I’m ok with a limited set of features and data parameters available, compared to Trackman or X3. BUT, the features and parameters that are there need to be accurate! As a potential customer, if I’m going to spend $2k on a personal launch monitor I expect the unit to be every bit as good as those higher end products for what they offer. For me, I just see no point investing (and at these prices it is an investment) in a personal launch monitor, unless I can trust the information that is provided.

Titleist TSR3 9˚ - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSR2 16.5˚ - Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSR2 21˚ - Ventus Black 7X

Titleist T200 4 Iron - Mitsubishi MMT UT 105 TX

Titleist T100 5-9 Iron - TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 46˚/10˚F, 50˚/12˚F, 54˚/10˚S, 58˚/V Grind - TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100/S400

Scotty Cameron - Phantom X 5.5

Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cord Midsize

Titleist ProV1x

Did anyone else see the video on the Par2Pro youtube channel showing the Mevo+ running E6 on a PC at the PGA merchandise show?? The video was only up for a few hours before they took it down. The graphics were lagging, but you could hear them say the laptop wasn't powerful enough to run it. This gives me hope that the mevo+ can work with a PC even though their website says IOS only.

I completely agree with your accuracy statement. I stopped going to Top Golf because I had numerous times playing their "hit every pod around the hole" then I would and it would register under the wrong pod. It seems minute but how are you supposed to play a game if they can't accurately keep score. If it doesn't work right, I lose interest fast.

Do you have to buy the full licence for $2,500 or can you do the yearly $300 or $600 subscription and get e6 on PC with mevo+?

Taylormade Sim2 8* HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5
Cobra RAD Speed 3W HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5
Callaway XR16 5W 18* Kuro Kage TiNi X 
Srixon Z565 Nippon Modus 3 120S
Titleist SM8 50*
Titleist SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Ping Kushin Sigma

The biggest difference is the Xi+ is a full powered radar which tracks the entire flight. I'm guessing the Mevo+ will function similar to the Xi+ in long indoor mode (ie ~40ft of ball flight) and give you normalized distance numbers once it measures ball speed, LA, and spin. Indoors I am guessing they will behave pretty similar in short indoor mode, perhaps with the Xi+ being slightly more reliable/accurate indoors

. Data wise they give almost all of the same data, but the Xi+ gives you the club acceleration/speed profile data as well as landing angle (although the Mevo+ gives you peak height, which the Xi+ does not)). The Xi+ gives you more statistical data as well it seems.

I have put my order in. Why am I getting this unit? New baby at home and dont have time to go to the range and I really want to practice a lot. I also have a job where I'm in the field and setting up my net and monitor in a park for lunch is very reasonable.

17 ranges, 5 courses, skills app, games and the golf app will keep me busy. Spin axes and left/right off line is my biggest concern.

Also picked up a net return pro and fairwaypro mat for my setup.

If anyone is confused about the apps ect. 3 apps, Skills App, E6 Connect and FS Golf app.. all ios only, should be running ipad 6th generation (can go as low as 5th) FS Golf App is not yet available on the ipad. These will work on iphone 8 or newer as well.

If I'm wrong on any of this please correct me.

Cheers,