2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New FlightScope Mevo+ (MERGED)

enormous13

I would suggest checking out https://golfsimulatorforum.com/ for discussions on that stuff. Also, projector central has a nice projector finder based on options, budget, etc.

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6
G410 LST 3 Wood w/ AD-DI 8
19* Callaway Rogue Pro Hybrid w/ AD-DI 85
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged w/ Steelfiber 110
Mizuno T20 Blue Ion 54* and 58* w/ Steelfiber 110
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Del Mar

Ball: ProV1

Yep, we are waiting.

My simulator won't be done till next fall. I am building a batting cage/golf simulator in my garage. I will have the cage and screen done this weekend, but I am order other simulator stuff in the fall because I will just be playing outside over the summer.

I am worried about quality issues on this unit so far, especially as they try to fill back orders. I hope they have solved some of those issues and I get a unit that works.

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6

I have everything else ready and just need the launch monitor. I also hope it works great out of the box, because it will probably be slow to get one updated, especially if that includes having to send the unit back to them.

I'd care a lot less if we could actually play golf right now!

Watch Benq refurbished: https://www.benqdirect.com/benq-outlet/refurbished-projectors.html

The TH671ST refurb shows up often for about $530-569-ish.. the HT2150ST is similar, at $639 right now too... both give you better resolution than the mw632.

Ping G400 SF Tec 9* - Mitsubishi C6 Blue Shaft - Stiff @ 45.25"
Ping G 3w SFT @ 16* - Ping Alta CB - Stiff 
Ping G400 19* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
Ping G400 22* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
Ping G400 26* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
Mizuno  919 Hot Metal Pro 6i-GW, Recoil 95 F3 
Mizuno S18 Wedges in 55* and 60*, Recoil F3
Ping Sigma 2 Anser @ 33"

@clevited quick update..
Got my recalibrated unit back yesterday... I was able to fire it up for a short session, and my initial impressions are that things are much improved. I was able to achieve some push draws, which were incredibly difficult to achieve before, and my issue of 20.0 degree launch angles with short irons has disappeared... I'm getting a variety of different launch angle values back now like I should.
It still seems a bit fade spin biased with driver and 3w shots I hit, but I'm not getting 30-50 yard slices with driver on well struck shots anymore... smaller fades mainly, but I also hit a few hooks with driver as well, which I don't recall at all prior to the recalibration. I was also getting tired at 10:30pm by the time I was hitting drivers, so could easily be me.. I was just happy not to see huge slices on well struck shot anymore.
My swing wasn't great yesterday though, was pulling a lot of shots and having a hard time getting the ball started right of center... mostly starting center or 1-2 degrees left of center.. but hit a considerable number of draws which was good to see compared to before... i'm very encouraged. Really want to confirm I can now get draw spin to read when the ball starts 1-2 degrees right of center before I consider it "fixed". Previously it was incredibly rare to see ANY left spin axis at all when the horizontal launch angle was more than 1-2 degrees right.. the more the ball started right, the more right spin axis it had... so far though, I really didn't see evidence of that like before... pretty much every shot result looked like it felt in my opinion with the exception of Driver (but again, could easily be me and fatigue at that point)... not my previous experience before recalibration.
I need a few more days with it... I only had it a short time before sending it back, so I need the re-start my learning curve on getting it setup and aligned correctly.. I learned how important that was last night too during my quick setup... and also that your measured distances from ball to Mevo+ along with setting those same distances in the E6 or FS apps appears to be equally important for accurate data.. I didn't realize E6 was set at 8ft from ball to Unit.. when I had it measured at 7 feet from the ball as recommended for sim play... I seemed to get even better results setting E6 to a 7 foot ball to mevo distance to match my actual setup...
I'm having a garage heater installed today, so not sure if I'll get a ton of time to continue playing with it as I have to set some stuff back up again to hit, but so far so good.. will post additional updates once I can be more thourough.

Ping Sigma 2 Anser @ 33"

I have the 632st. I actually bought the 671st, and like an idiot didn't realize it ONLY projects in 16:9, and my swing bay screen is 4:3. So I did a little research to avoid making the same mistake twice and decided to go with the 632st. While I was setting it up I wasn't able to switch the aspect ratio via the menu options (I think 632st is a native 16:10). I had that terrible sinking feeling in my stomach that I had screwed up again! I later found out that once you connect an input you can change the aspect ratio for that particular input. So I had to do it for my laptop hdmi and again for my chromecast. You only have to do it once and it will remember the settings for each input.

Other than that I've been happy with it. The brightness and resolution work well in my basement and look really good on my screen. I'm new to the sim and projector game though so I don't have much to compare to. Here's what my setup looks like:

UWZFPHENFY56.jpg

G21RKNBR5SGR.jpg

LBGAHD3BEAIO.jpg

BC6YS1BPOWGU.jpg

W3TGX7FZCIBP.jpg

The 671ST will project in 4:3 or other aspect ratios. Mine is always in 4:3 from my iPad. I've also changed it fro 16:9 to 4:3 casting content from my Android phone over chromecast. It is only locked to 16:9 when you use a preset mode like "game" mode.. use "custom" mode and you can adjust the aspect to 4:3

Ping Sigma 2 Anser @ 33"

For those that are using this or regular Mevo indoors, for the required 8' of ball flight, what would you recommend for minimum net height to ensure that full wedge shots (PW, I'm not too worried about hitting full gap or lob wedges) don't accidentally end up over the net and into my walls or my ceiling?? I have plenty of space length wise in my basement for the full 12-16' needed for the set up. But height has me concerned as I evaluate buying a net versus building a retractable type set up that is attached to the ceiling (9') itself.

Well I only know that because I had the same problem. I tried to cast something from my android phone which is in 16: 9 ratio, and couldn't figure it out. A little Google searching told me that it is stuck in 16: 9 ratio in the preset modes, at least some of them. Had I not figure that out I probably would have returned it as well

Ping Sigma 2 Anser @ 33"

Yup, I'm using the metal stickers indoors... although I find Mevo+ has been pretty reliable without them indoors as well. Without the sticker I do get more misreads, but it's not like it's every shot.. maybe 1/10? And the misread tends to be a large underexageration of spin.. at least with irons for me.. where I'll see 2500-3000 spin with my 7i-8i or something... it's easy to identify, and I disregard that spin and it's associated inflated distance when I see those pop up in my data.

Since I got to play 36 this weekend.... got a chance to evaluate indoor shots vs. course shots.. obviously anecdotal, however.. I was hitting a lot more straight shots on the course than I usually do.. even a few fades, so it's matching up quite well with the Mevo+ results I'm getting for the most part.. although I still feel like I hit a few more draws outdoors than indoors.. but again, we are talking 2-5 yards of draw curvature.. not a whole lot. I'm not slinging low swooping draws like I used to, so I need to stop trying to re-create those on the Mevo+, as apparently it's no longer my stock shot.... its a good thing for me and my game, but a bad thing to make that change over the winter with no way to see results of my swing changes in full ball flight outside... and coming from the Skytrak and it's extra 10-15 yards of draw it would show... I'm starting to think it all added up to me thinking there's something more wrong with the Mevo+ than there might be. Don't get me wrong, there was obviously something wrong with my unit that it showed my VLA at exactly 20.0 degrees 95% of my shots.. so the recalibration Flightscope did resolved that, and perhaps also resolved some of my right spin bias on the unit as well.

As I played with Mevo+ and many settings the past couple days, several things jumped out at me this weekend...

1. When I hit too many balls on the Mevo+ in a row, I start hitting fades... fatigue is real even when i'm not "feeling" tired... I start getting quick, and my early extension habit kicks in and I start hitting block fades. Early shots in the session tend to be more of what I see outside than later in the session.. and I'm sure Mevo doesn't start to read differently after 50 shots.. so has to be me, and fatigue there.

2. Most of my Mevo+ fade shots where I felt maybe it should have drawn back a little, really only had around 1 degree of right spin axis, sometimes less.. well within margin of error.. and it's usually labeled a "straight" shot on the Mevo+ anyway, and ends up where I aimed.. so I'm good with that. A significant improvement over the extra 10-15 yards of draw I used to see on the Skytrak with my irons sometimes.

3. After some meticulous alignment... I'm learning I don't start the ball right of center nearly as often as I thought I did either. I marked the center line of my screen by using a putting mat with a line on it on the floor in front of me on my start line extending from my mat to the screen... Mevo+ was quite accurate on HLA when comparing where my ball dimple was on my screen to the line on that mat... ugg.. from my perspective in hitting position, it looks like it was starting 4-6 inches right of the center line, but if I get behind my mat, and eye up that ball dimple on the screen with the start line on the floor?.. sure enough, my ball is usually starting online, a degree or two left of center line, or maybe a balls width right of center at most when right of center... Mevo+ HLA values correlated pretty well with where I saw my shots impacting the screen.

4. Indoor swing is also still real, and still affects me even after many off seasons hitting in the garage... learned that last night after seeing Mevo+ giving me 10 yards less carry than I played earlier in the day on course.. so I started focusing more on my release and follow through inside, and sure enough saw more draws and more of my expected distance came back.. I need to try the same using driver this week.. I've been hitting mostly 7-9i shots for now as I play with the settings.

I was very surprised to see the Mevo+ give me such poor VLA readings when it was physically 7 feet from the ball, but the FS Golf App was set at the same 7 feet in the settings... This is opposite of what I described above witih E6, which worked better when the app settings matched my Mevo+ placement. My 7i vertical launch when setting the FS Golf app to 7 feet was quite low, 12-13 degrees, and I had a lot of reads under 10 degrees on shots I felt were good, and launched well. After setting the FS Golf App to 8 feet, and leaving the Mevo+ physically 7 feet away... I saw a drastic improvement. I really can't explain it... and same thing ocurrs in FS Skills.... I need to mess with this again as well hitting driver.

Overall, my confidence in the Mevo+ is growing as I play outside more, and can compare what I see on Mevo+ indoors to what I'm playing outside... although setup/alignment and the FS Apps do still have their quirks. I'm finding FS Skills and E6 to be the apps I use... not a fan so far of FS Golf.

Ping Sigma 2 Anser @ 33"

For those waiting on a unit like me, they are back producing units in South Africa. It will still be a while - but some good news for now.

• Like 2

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6

I ordered mine March 21st and looks like late June for me. Good news is that they are selling a lot of units and they are continuing to work on firmware updates to make the units its best possible. I am excited to use it for outdoor practice and for indoor setup as well.

I built a batting cage/golf sim area in garage and that will be used a lot next fall and winter. I still need the rest of simulator gear (projector, new mat, computer to run TGC), but I am waiting on fall for that.

• Like 1

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6

TG90 Portable Charger 20000mAh Power Bank Cell Phone Charger External Battery Pack Compatible with iPhone X 8/8 Plus 6/6S Plus iPad iPod Android Phone Tablets https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DNXJJG4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_gGmUEbHFWSY03

This is one I have that I use for pocket radar and will use for my Mevo plus when it gets here. Lots of power.

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6

I've been following the MEVO+ since the day is made news of it's existence. As one of 150,000,000+ Americans with an android phone and/or tablet (not apple), I have patiently waited for them to release the MEVO+ software to work with android. Checking in with their website reps every few weeks for status updates. 3+ months later (today) they drop a bombshell on me saying E6 WILL NOT RELEASE AN ANDROID VERSION. This means, NO SIMULATOR PLAY for anyone who doesn't have an apple product. Yes, you can pay a fortune extra and run it through your computer, or buy an apple product and run it through that but this is a deal breaker for me. Just so there's no confusion, flightscope is coming out with an android version of their software but it will only support range time, the simulator rounds are run through E6 software and require IOS. So if you want to pay $2k for range practice, enjoy. I'll just keep hitting into a net the ol' fashion way for free.

Honestly, I've known this since release in January. I think it's been quite clear E6 never had any plans to release E6 Connect on Android, and has been discussed on many forums and noted on the Mevo+ FAQ. Only apps available for Android are FS Skills (available now) and FS Golf (available soon).

I am also an Android user, but happen to have a 6th gen iPad I can use... I use FS Skills on Android occasionally... would I like E6 on Android, sure.. but not a deal breaker, and certainly not a bombshell of a suprise that E6 is iOS only unless you upgrade to PC Version.

A 6th gen iPad can probably be found for $200... much cheaper than a gaming PC and E6 Connect license for $300/yr.

Ping Sigma 2 Anser @ 33"