2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am - Pebble Beach GL - Feb 6 - Feb 9

Orlok

To everybody who is watching this tournament, you have my utmost respect. Watching entertainers in the twilights of their career play bad golf is just something I cant get interested in. And CBS doesnt show enough PGA Tour Player golf to offset it. Hats off to those who can stomach it.

WITB:

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9° 

Fairway Wood: Taylormade SIM TI 15°, Titleist 917F2 18°

Irons: Ping i210 4-UW

Wedges: Titleist SM8 S-Grind 54°, 58°

Putter: Nike BC-01 33"

You don’t have to sit there staring at it ; )

I put a cardio workout on my phone and did it while the golf was on the tv, put my bike on a stand and cleaned lubed the chain, and we prepped up some food for dinner while it was on.

is freazzin here so good to see the ocean and beach. Watch Phil be Phil and some clowns hackin the ball.

its all perspective ; )

The amateurs made some good shots today. Eli made a putt from across the green and Peyton made a long one right after. Toby Keith holed out a chip and threw his putter. One of the corporate guys holed out of a bunker. Condi chipped in and made a long putt on #18. On the other hand, Romo played like it was an NFL Playoff game.

I see Justin Verlander of the Astros is T3rd, I'd definitely be checking to see if he's getting fed info on how the putts break by some high tech means.

• Like 1

I hate to see people put Bill Murray down . . . it's probably because he isn't relevant to the sub 50 year-olds. He's brought a lot of life to the tournament over the years with his antics. I also enjoy watching the amateurs, the CEO's, athletes, etc. Most are members of decent clubs and I like to see where their game is at and how they handle pressure. I'm pretty jazzed over Phil's performance Saturday. The icing on the cake are the visuals of Monterey Bay.

• Like 1

Adams Speedline 9088UL 10.5* AXIVCore 69 Black (S) Ping G SF Tec 3W, 5W Alta 65 (R) Ping G 4H,5H Alta 70 (R) Ping G 6-U TT XP 95 (soft R) Ping Glide 54*, 58* WS TT XP 100 (R) Ping Darby Sigma G

My sinister hope for the final round of the AT&T. Just to see the WRX equipment snobs get all apoplectic and bent out of shape. ;)

Charl Schwartzel with his bought on line self ported Miura blade irons, Nike VR Pro Limited bonded fairway woods from 2011/12, and Clear Sports golf ball that nobody plays goes out early, posts 61, and watches everybody fall by the way side to steal the 2020 AT&T. Hopefully by birdieing his last 4 holes like when he won at Augusta. While it won't happen it would be glorious to see the responses if it did.

Nope, I looked up from my laptop just in time to see Berman leave a long putt on the edge, lol. May have been his only shot. Murray was on Pebble either Thursday or Friday.

I was doing other stuff and missed most of Phil's back 9, but I didn't notice the usual amount of gushing and I don't think they had the annoying in between holes on the director's chairs interviews this year, or missed them if they did. If not, I'd say that's a good sign.

Have really grown to be annoyed by this tournament, but this year just seems a little better to me, but there is another day yet. I'm loving the views!

I thought Nantz was going to wet his pants when Romo hit it onto the beach from the sand on 18. "Does he know it's playable, someone should tell him, does he know he has a shot, why isn't someone telling him, he needs to know, blah, blah, blah." Totally lost it there for a minute or two worrying more about getting some good TV drama and losing a little perspective, IMO. But I wanted to see him try it. And although it was subtle a couple of times, apparently you can buy Nantz logo sweaters at Pebble Beach, lol. Syrupy smooth blend of cashmere in beige that says "hello friends" when you look in the mirror.

This is probably the roughest tour event for me to watch during the year. Bing Crosby is probably rolling over in his grave, seeing the celebrity antics that go on today, versus the old-school “Clambake” that was the origin of this event. I’ll admit to being the grumpy old Golf purist that would much rather see the tour players battle Pebble Beach than watch Bill Murray (and I’m a Bill Murray fan, except for his antics at PB) drag an elderly female gallery member into a bunker with him.

i can only imagine that the pace of play this week is agonizing. I give credit to the Tour players that are able to ignore the sh*t-show, and stay focused for the week, and compete for a Tour win, and all that comes with it. The broadcasts used to be about 85% Tour Players and maybe 15% Celebs. Given the expanded coverage, it’s crept closer to 50-50, it would seem, today. The new wrap-around season has created a different “silly-season.” As someone mentioned earlier, the real west-coast swing begins at Riviera, IMO. Rant over -

Hasn't been even close to 50-50 first three days. Yesterday they showed more, but again not even close to 50-50. Not even close (just emphasizing how off base this 50-50 is). So rant more than a little misguided.

Bing's family cancelled their Pebble event decades ago, Tour and At&T carried on and in today's world the old clambake just wouldn't work IMO except as maybe a day or two charity event without a giant purse.

Not my favorite vs. what it was for sure, but even Phil Harris was getting annoying when they kept bringing him back to comment.

This year is better than the last many, IMO. Would love to see Jason Day and Phil both keep their momentum going so the final round has some spice today. Just got another several inches of snow and need to be entertained.

• Like 1

If you want to see what the broadcast used to look like here is the 1985 Crosby.

https://youtu.be/yrykO2cJxQk

The Saturday round is a brisk 80 minutes with commercials. It is wall to wall future Golf Hall of Fame members though. The tapes breaks off midway on Sunday, but Mark O'Meara would go on to win.

Man, Phil will be 50 this year. What an inspiration to us old guys.

And it makes you think how off the charts his talent is. Phil’s style of play is obviously in line with his personality. I don’t think he’d be as successful if he played with discipline and practiced with TWs work ethic.

But makes you wonder, with his talent, the records he could break if he did.

Guy is a legend and one of the last true “characters” out there.