Why is Ping taking over two months to ship?

BlueDogg999

I might be totally wrong on this , but i thought i remembered with some OEMs certain "custom" orders were done locally and not at the factory (like bending , specific grinds etc), so maybe if Ping is one of those there are delays further down the supply chain

if by custom you just mean like a different shaft, i have no clue...FWIW i ordered a Glide 3.0 Lob Wedge with a non-stock shaft and got it in 2 weeks

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

This mostly deals with G710 irons on the 2mth time frame 

Yes, other items might take longer = less employees means from receiving to assembly to shipping the process is longer in each step

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

47 minutes ago, greenwavegolfer said:

So many reasons. First of all, they were closed longer than the other major OEMs so it stands to reason they had a larger backlog. There's also been word of them reducing the number of employees working at any given time to keep things safe for their employees which slows down the process. There's all kinds of supplier issues still with heads and shafts so it's still a luck-of-the-draw situation whether your specific heads and shafts are stocked quickly or not. I've also seen a source say that Pings shipper (FedEx) is limiting the number of packages they'll take per day from them because they're so swamped they can't accomodate all the things they're trying to ship per day. IDK how much truth there is to that last part, but having dealt with how bad FedEx is lately, I'll just say it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I think the bottom line for Ping in particular is that they've taken this situation more cautiously for their employees than the other big OEMs have. They shut down quicker and for longer and seemingly have put more stringent practices in place since reopening (which makes sense with them being in a location that's a real hotbed for virus outbreaks right now in AZ). They're a private company and have chosen to do what they believe is right for their employees and their safety which I think is admirable. But at the end of the day everyone is backed up right now. I'm sure for some things Ping may be more backed up, but for others maybe they're not. I also think it's good that they're finally tempering expectations and saying 2 months. I've heard other OEMs claiming 2-3 weeks and they probably know full well they can't meet those timelines for the most part.

Yes All of this as to related to PING.

I don't know about Fed EX but that certainly sounds like a very viable part of it as well. 

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

• 1 month later...

I purchased a set of custom ping G410's in mid August of this year from The PGA Store in Paramus NJ. Still have not received them. First it was 2-3 weeks for shipment, that turned into an additional 2 weeks, which turned into two more months. Very frustrating. The PGA store should have been well aware of this and let its customers know this before choosing the Ping brand. I would have much rather waited for the next year. 

I think it is supply chain issues all the way down the line. Ping isn’t the only one with issues. My P770s won’t be here until December. 

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

Even pre-COVID, clubfitters would say that Ping took longer for custom orders in part for image. Ping wanted customers to wait a bit longer to get clubs so that the sizzle aura would build for them awaiting the shipment.

Now, COVID-related factory closings have disrupted components fabrication in many industries. In the computer world, two of the smaller custom shops in my area have run out of parts for all but the simplest repairs. This includes both replacement and upgrade components. One family operation has vacated its shop, not sure if crew is operating from home or not.

What's In The Bag (As of April 2023, post-MAX change + new putter)

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5° (base loft); weights neutral   ||  FWs:  Calla Rogue 4W + 7W

Hybrid:  Calla Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  Calla Mavrik MAX 5i-PW

Wedges*:  Calla MD3: 48°... MD4: 54°, 58° ||  PutterΨSeeMore FGP + SuperStroke 1.0PT, 33" shaft

Ball: 1. Srixon Q-Star Tour / 2. Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

* MD4 54°/10 S-Grind replaced MD3 54°/12 W-Grind.

Ψ  Backups:

• Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) + Evnroll Gravity Grip |
  • Slotline Inertial SL-583F w/ SuperStroke 2.MidSlim (50 gr. weight removed) |

On 8/20/2020 at 2:08 PM, MtlJeff said:

I might be totally wrong on this , but i thought i remembered with some OEMs certain "custom" orders were done locally and not at the factory (like bending , specific grinds etc), so maybe if Ping is one of those there are delays further down the supply chain

if by custom you just mean like a different shaft, i have no clue...FWIW i ordered a Glide 3.0 Lob Wedge with a non-stock shaft and got it in 2 weeks

Either you were very fortunate and Ping had the exact club sitting there already, or I'm very unfortunate.  I ordered two Glide 3.0 wedges with Recoil shafts 5 weeks ago today; still waiting.

22 hours ago, johngalt312 said:

I ordered a custom set of i210 irons and a custom Heppler Putter on 9/17/2020 (same retailer/same order).  The irons I am waiting on; the putter was delivered yesterday 10/19/2020.

I'm curious what you customized on the Heppler given it has an adjustable shaft? Did you get a fixed length shaft? How'd it turn out?

7 hours ago, hd.softail said:

I'm curious what you customized on the Heppler given it has an adjustable shaft? Did you get a fixed length shaft? How'd it turn out?

Yes, fixed shaft (requested black thinking that they would do the matte black that they have done for me before, but they instead went with the black chrome) and PP58 grip.  Turned out fine/as expected (similar to the other Ping putter that I had previously custom ordered with the same fixed shaft/grip setup (instead of the adjustable nonsense)).

Edited by johngalt312
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This is I was coming to see if anyone could help me with. I ordered a set of custom (black dot but custom shafts and grips) Ping G710s on Feb 9th. The day the order was placed, I had a estimated delivery date of March 31st. 😳 But, ok. Now it’s April 6, and Dicks site still says delivery date is March 31st. Does anyone know if the order # that I have to check the status on Dicks website would help, at all, if I called Ping? Or am I just stuck with Dicks and the crickets I’m getting from them? Any info would appreciated. Thanks, in advance. 

46 minutes ago, GeorgiePorgie said:

This is I was coming to see if anyone could help me with. I ordered a set of custom (black dot but custom shafts and grips) Ping G710s on Feb 9th. The day the order was placed, I had a estimated delivery date of March 31st. 😳 But, ok. Now it’s April 6, and Dicks site still says delivery date is March 31st. Does anyone know if the order # that I have to check the status on Dicks website would help, at all, if I called Ping? Or am I just stuck with Dicks and the crickets I’m getting from them? Any info would appreciated. Thanks, in advance. 

Dick's/GolfGalaxy's system is updated with current lead times from the OEM's. They can only give you information that the OEM is providing for ship dates. The associates at the store have no indication of when your order is shipping other than the date provided in the system. 

Unfortunately, all OEM's are behind and everyone calling them to check on their order doesn't help. Supply chain issues all over the place are causing delays, plus the increase in demand for golf clubs with a rising population of players is strangling the supply chain as well. 

To answer your question, yes, you can call PING and they can probably tell you what is holding your order up. (heads, grips, shafts, or a billion orders ahead of you.)

• Thanks 1

WITB:

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5*, NS Setting, Accra TZ6 55 M4 @ 45.5"

5 Wood: Maltby KE4 TC, 19*, ProjectX HZRDUS Yellow 60 6.0 @  42"

7 Wood: Maltby KE4 TC Hyway 21*, Aldila RIP beta, 70S, @  42" 

Irons: Maltby TS1 4-PW, Nippon Modus 105S, 7i 37"

Wedges: GW - TBD, SW - Maltby TSW Forged 54.10 bent 56.12, DG S300

Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft Premier 4 - 33"

Grips: Golf Pride Tour Velvet +4 STD

Arccos accross the board.

Instagram: @buckeyegolf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking to get current information on my Ping order. Apparently I am not alone. For financial reasons I have ordered ping i210 irons one at a time. No cost penalty, so I went ahead.

At first Dicks stated 6 to 8 weeks, and I was receiving in just over 6 weeks. My current order placed 7-14-2021, has not arrived yet. Checked with Dicks after 8 weeks. They looked up the order. Accordingly,they are having difficulty getting heads and shafts. Heads come from Viet Nam, shafts from Japan. According to their information Viet Nam was closed down due to Covid. Nothing going out, nothing coming in.

They projected a ship date of 9-27-2021. We will see.

Suggestion to Ping, supply the customer with the shipping number. As we customers wait for our orders we dont know whether the order was stolen off my front porch, or not shopped yet. Hmmmm.

PS, price increased 10%. I seen online another 10% price increase.

Good plan, lousy results.

• 1 month later...

ordered set of G425 irons 4-AW, 1 1/2' longer than standard, 2 degrees upright on July 25, 2021.  Initially told 6-8 weeks. Checked with Ping mid September and told shipping date 10-8-21.  In mid October no clubs, called Ping again.  Latest estimate is sometime between early November and end of January 2022.  Been told has something to do with factory in Taiwan and shipping problems.  I had thought Ping was U.S. manufactued but evidently no longer.

On 11/3/2021 at 5:08 PM, BigDaddyBazinga said:

Been told has something to do with factory in Taiwan and shipping problems.  I had thought Ping was U.S. manufactued but evidently no longer.

Welcome to 2021 …how was the nap 😬

But not to be a complete SmartWord not allowed.  PING heads are produced in Taiwan and shipped to the US and assembled here. 

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

On 4/26/2021 at 8:45 PM, Heresbb said:

What is Pings phone number to check on a order status?  They don't answer the number posted on their website.

Ping's number is 800-474-6434.  they will not give you tracking info/order information unless you are the purchaser  (Ping does not sell direct.  You have to order the clubs through an authorized retailer.  So, the retailer is the purchaser, not you).    That said, PING cs is great. 

Edited by Anser3

On 9/28/2021 at 7:16 PM, BillA said:

Looking to get current information on my Ping order. Apparently I am not alone. For financial reasons I have ordered ping i210 irons one at a time. No cost penalty, so I went ahead.

At first Dicks stated 6 to 8 weeks, and I was receiving in just over 6 weeks. My current order placed 7-14-2021, has not arrived yet. Checked with Dicks after 8 weeks. They looked up the order. Accordingly,they are having difficulty getting heads and shafts. Heads come from Viet Nam, shafts from Japan. According to their information Viet Nam was closed down due to Covid. Nothing going out, nothing coming in.

They projected a ship date of 9-27-2021. We will see.

Suggestion to Ping, supply the customer with the shipping number. As we customers wait for our orders we dont know whether the order was stolen off my front porch, or not shopped yet. Hmmmm.

PS, price increased 10%. I seen online another 10% price increase.

Good plan, lousy results.

The shipping tracking number is on the company you ordered from to give to you (Ping will send it to them ), not on Ping. 

Edited by Anser3