Streamsong 2020-2021

FlashinLeather

On 5/20/2021 at 1:15 PM, BG5 said:

Do they shutdown any of the Streamsong courses in the Summer?  If so which ones will be open?

All are open and will be all summer, talked with some folks there who say they plan to be busy all summer.

played red and blue Thursday and yesterday and they are in good shape despite the drought.  There are some areas of both courses that are definitely heat stressed.  The greens are extremely fast and were impossible to hold with clubs longer than 9 iron for me - I joined a group with two guys that had a lot of club head speed and they couldn’t hold them either, plus we were in 20mph sustained winds 

59 was so busy last night with big groups buying lots of bottles, I imagine the resort is doing just fine.  

I was somewhat surprised to see that they still have signs up about masks - staff wears them but customers do not, which was nice to see.  Streamsong is located in a very red, freedom loving part of the state.

Went a couple of weeks ago. Conditions were good but not outstanding, there were areas of numerous greens that were recently re-sodded particularly on the red course. Bunkers also variable condition. Fairways were good.

Great experience altogether. The lodging is nice. Food and beverage was mediocre at best. Service is slow and they seem quite understaffed, although that probably is not any fault of their own.

I would gladly return and am sure that I will, but prefer Bandon and Pinehurst personally (in that order) with regard to favorite golf resorts.

Edited by robdalky
  • Like 1

some of the reviews on the service is IMHO out of control.  The food is fine! the service is spotty but during this pandemic and due to the location, it's always hard to keep folks there.  It's not bandon like service, but some of the reviews make it seem WAY WORST than it is.  It's still a resort and the food is still party darn good.  There's no pizza in the area that is even remotely as good as the food at the resort.  

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Was there last weekend and played the red twice, black twice and the blue once. Conditions were windy but had a great caddy that made all the difference in the world. Food and service were fine, didn’t have any issues at all. 

the courses were in good shape but were dry and firm.  Really are great courses.

I would rate the overall experience an 8 out of 10.

On 5/29/2021 at 6:30 PM, Saltydawg15 said:

Was there last weekend and played the red twice, black twice and the blue once. Conditions were windy but had a great caddy that made all the difference in the world. Food and service were fine, didn’t have any issues at all. 

the courses were in good shape but were dry and firm.  Really are great courses.

I would rate the overall experience an 8 out of 10.

Happy to hear it was good.  Heading there this Saturday for a round at Red and Black.  Anyone have any tips will be the first time there for me haha

TaylorMade Qi10 LS- Ventus Red TR 7X

TaylorMade BRNR Mini Driver- GD DI 8TX

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 5W- Ventus Red 9TX

TaylorMade P770 3i MMT 125TX

TaylorMade P7MB- 4-PW MMT 125TX

TaylorMade MG4 54/60- MMT 125 TX

Phantom X 7.5/9.5

22 hours ago, Jetierney13 said:

Happy to hear it was good.  Heading there this Saturday for a round at Red and Black.  Anyone have any tips will be the first time there for me haha

Unless you’re used to playing courses with a ton of elevation change and almost never having a flat lie, don’t play too much yardage.  And the experience on the greens is completely different between red and black.  Don’t get frustrated with how crazy the greens are on black.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JGRgolf said:

Unless you’re used to playing courses with a ton of elevation change and almost never having a flat lie, don’t play too much yardage.  And the experience on the greens is completely different between red and black.  Don’t get frustrated with how crazy the greens are on black.

I am from CT so elevation change and uneven lies is nothing new for me thankfully!  I do keep hearing the greens particularly on black can be frustrating!

Phantom X 7.5/9.5

8 hours ago, Jetierney13 said:

I am from CT so elevation change and uneven lies is nothing new for me thankfully!  I do keep hearing the greens particularly on black can be frustrating!

frustrating isn’t the right word. 

they are just ridiculous. 

the original plan from Hanse was to have close cut grass fringe around all the greens using the same turf.  

The resort/maintenance team decided that was too hard to maintain, so they just cut it all down and made all that turf part of the “greens”. This increased the surface area of the greens by like 50%

You’ll see multiple sprinkler heads ON the greens. Those were originally off the green in the first cut. 

So you have insane playing surfaces/contours that were never meant to be part of the putting surface. They were supposed to be run off areas and collection areas where you would pitch from. 

1 hour ago, ND2005 said:

frustrating isn’t the right word. 

they are just ridiculous. 

the original plan from Hanse was to have close cut grass fringe around all the greens using the same turf.  

The resort/maintenance team decided that was too hard to maintain, so they just cut it all down and made all that turf part of the “greens”. This increased the surface area of the greens by like 50%

You’ll see multiple sprinkler heads ON the greens. Those were originally off the green in the first cut. 

So you have insane playing surfaces/contours that were never meant to be part of the putting surface. They were supposed to be run off areas and collection areas where you would pitch from. 

Oh man that sounds completely miserable. Sounding more like 2 putts are like 1 putts on normal greens haha

Phantom X 7.5/9.5

There are very few easy 2 putts, besides break and green slope you need to be aware if the wind is behind you or against you, I played 5 rounds and may have had a handful of gimme second puts, I putted great but it was savings par with 5-7 foot second putts. 

as was referenced there are holes where you need to hit it short of the green if you want to land it on the green.

make sure you have a caddy.

I see what everyone was talking about with the greens on the black course. Oh man was that an interesting experience haha. The red course is absolutely beautiful though!!

70872DCE-5067-44DA-9883-0DBD0A406E65.jpeg

34DB54EE-0399-4832-AB3B-BAAF599F9B67.jpeg

Phantom X 7.5/9.5

On 5/27/2021 at 9:04 AM, jerebear21 said:

some of the reviews on the service is IMHO out of control.  The food is fine! the service is spotty but during this pandemic and due to the location, it's always hard to keep folks there.  It's not bandon like service, but some of the reviews make it seem WAY WORST than it is.  It's still a resort and the food is still party darn good.  There's no pizza in the area that is even remotely as good as the food at the resort.  

Have been twice, in the fall and spring. Both times, service has been an issue. It is slowww or you can't find anyone, particularly in the mornings.

If you want to grab a coffee and breakfast sandwich in the morning at the red/blue clubhouse, good luck. The breakfast is  underwhelming at the main hotel. Company cafeteria vibes, trying to get plate and an open table in a space that feels too small. 

The dinners are better, but the food is OK at best. It is closer to mediocre than good. The best food is the taco shack on the course. It's not a make or break for me on returning, but it is definitely below standard for what you would expect for the $$ you are paying at the resort, imo. 

I’ve been there probably 20+ times since the resort open. Being it’s about 1.15hr from my home. I’ve never encountered a too long “wait time” for breakfast. The breakfast sandwiches are fine. Certainly not the best in the country but it’s fine. The service is spotty and have been inconsistent but not out of control as stated. Certainly cost value is an issue for many which I don’t blame. But not a deal breaker. 

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

I feel almost sad writing this because Streamsong is only a few hours away from me so I so badly want it to be a world class resort in my backyard, it isn't. 

It frankly isn't close to a great golf resort. I have been 5-6 times previously, sometimes for a single round, once before for a one night stay and two rounds. This past week we did 3 rounds and two nights and I left feeling taken advantage of. We have always sort of laughed off the service challenges there but it starts to actually impact the enjoyment when you are on site for 3 straight days. I guess the sweet spot will still be folks coming down from up north in the winter to get away from the cold but don't set expectations in the same solar system as Pebble or Pinehurst or Bandon etc. 

Food sucks other than the Black Course restaurant. The main steakhouse was awful (over $100 a person so not cheap). I had a skirt steak that a banquet chef would've been embarrassed to serve. Others were not impressed with their steak either. Service was awful with our waiter disappearing multiple times for 10-15 minutes. The main bar/restaurant in the lobby of the hotel served me maybe the worst cheeseburger I have had outside of the frozen Bubba Burgers. I will say I thought the breakfast sandwiches were the best meal I had there (just don't get the premade ones unless you are in a hurry). 

We walked one morning which I prefer and enjoyed walking Black. I enjoy the Black course but this was probably my 4th time playing it and I may have reached my limit. It is a fun (holy crap, look where my ball ended up after hitting it well) one time experience but not nearly as good of a course as the other two after playing them all now 4-6 times. Good practice area and everything at Black right next to the first tee.

Blue and Red are fun courses but we were encouraged to take carts and I hated it. The caddies we had both days were almost comedically bad. Telling landing spots and target lines that I knew were incorrect even on one hole they said there was no water where there was clearly a pond fronting the green and was in play on the drive. Standing over the hole as we putted and never offering a single constructive statement. You are of course forced to take them if you ride and it all feels like a giant scam. 

They are also doing split tees and doing it really bad. We got to the 9th hole on Red and out of nowhere there were FOUR groups waiting to tee off. We were told they were working in the last of the split tee start times, so we sat for 45 minutes 8 holes into our round. On Blue they never mentioned we were starting off the back yet as we are trying to find our carts they aren't marked and I have to ask where is the 9:15 cart? They couldn't figure out how to get us set up, didn't have a caddie then when we finally got to the tee the starter got mad at us for holding up 3 groups (we were the group they were injecting this time). All that after we stood around waiting for a cart 25 minutes before our tee time. 

Blue and Red greens were also shag carpet speed, like LOL slow which is a shame for those greens (first time playing the new Mach 1 greens). No food available if you start on the 10th on Blue, our caddie said we weren't allowed to go into the clubhouse to get food, we did anyway because we weren't going 5 hours without food (rounds are super slow there). 

We survived the weekend, played decent golf and enjoyed good company but were laughing at how inept the entire Streamsong team is at doing their job (and lots of folks in their first week which is something we hear every time we are there). Got ready to go and shower off before the drive home but no towels available in the locker room. They say they are coming soon. I ask again 10 minutes later and they say the housekeeping is looking for towels in the main hotel (aka not getting them in the next 45 minutes). One last laugh of wtf service as we left. 

On 6/21/2021 at 11:33 AM, flgolfer1 said:

I feel almost sad writing this because Streamsong is only a few hours away from me so I so badly want it to be a world class resort in my backyard, it isn't. 

It frankly isn't close to a great golf resort. I have been 5-6 times previously, sometimes for a single round, once before for a one night stay and two rounds. This past week we did 3 rounds and two nights and I left feeling taken advantage of. We have always sort of laughed off the service challenges there but it starts to actually impact the enjoyment when you are on site for 3 straight days. I guess the sweet spot will still be folks coming down from up north in the winter to get away from the cold but don't set expectations in the same solar system as Pebble or Pinehurst or Bandon etc. 

Food sucks other than the Black Course restaurant. The main steakhouse was awful (over $100 a person so not cheap). I had a skirt steak that a banquet chef would've been embarrassed to serve. Others were not impressed with their steak either. Service was awful with our waiter disappearing multiple times for 10-15 minutes. The main bar/restaurant in the lobby of the hotel served me maybe the worst cheeseburger I have had outside of the frozen Bubba Burgers. I will say I thought the breakfast sandwiches were the best meal I had there (just don't get the premade ones unless you are in a hurry). 

We walked one morning which I prefer and enjoyed walking Black. I enjoy the Black course but this was probably my 4th time playing it and I may have reached my limit. It is a fun (holy crap, look where my ball ended up after hitting it well) one time experience but not nearly as good of a course as the other two after playing them all now 4-6 times. Good practice area and everything at Black right next to the first tee.

Blue and Red are fun courses but we were encouraged to take carts and I hated it. The caddies we had both days were almost comedically bad. Telling landing spots and target lines that I knew were incorrect even on one hole they said there was no water where there was clearly a pond fronting the green and was in play on the drive. Standing over the hole as we putted and never offering a single constructive statement. You are of course forced to take them if you ride and it all feels like a giant scam. 

They are also doing split tees and doing it really bad. We got to the 9th hole on Red and out of nowhere there were FOUR groups waiting to tee off. We were told they were working in the last of the split tee start times, so we sat for 45 minutes 8 holes into our round. On Blue they never mentioned we were starting off the back yet as we are trying to find our carts they aren't marked and I have to ask where is the 9:15 cart? They couldn't figure out how to get us set up, didn't have a caddie then when we finally got to the tee the starter got mad at us for holding up 3 groups (we were the group they were injecting this time). All that after we stood around waiting for a cart 25 minutes before our tee time. 

Blue and Red greens were also shag carpet speed, like LOL slow which is a shame for those greens (first time playing the new Mach 1 greens). No food available if you start on the 10th on Blue, our caddie said we weren't allowed to go into the clubhouse to get food, we did anyway because we weren't going 5 hours without food (rounds are super slow there). 

We survived the weekend, played decent golf and enjoyed good company but were laughing at how inept the entire Streamsong team is at doing their job (and lots of folks in their first week which is something we hear every time we are there). Got ready to go and shower off before the drive home but no towels available in the locker room. They say they are coming soon. I ask again 10 minutes later and they say the housekeeping is looking for towels in the main hotel (aka not getting them in the next 45 minutes). One last laugh of wtf service as we left. 

Yes! Overrated! Rather go spend my money at Reunion, 1/2 the price, 2 times the amount of golf, and better service and accommodations.

1W: TM Sim Max 10.5° (down 2) - Tensei Orange 70TX

3W: TM Sim Max 15° - Mitsubishi Chemical Diamana F Limited 75

3I: Titleist T200 20°

4-G: Cobra Forged Tec Black - KBS $ Taper 130x

SW: Titleist SM8 54 - DG S400

LW: Titleist SM8 58 - DG S400

P: Swag Suave Too

Ball: TM TP5x

seems like this board are the only people that think it's a bad resort with bad golf courses considering the AM tee time is booked for weeks in advance.  They must be doing something really wrong.  I'll be there 4th july, 4th time this year already.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

15 minutes ago, jerebear21 said:

seems like this board are the only people that think it's a bad resort with bad golf courses considering the AM tee time is booked for weeks in advance.  They must be doing something really wrong.  I'll be there 4th july, 4th time this year already.

No offense but at times I honestly wondered if you worked there or were related to someone that did. I posted an honest review on Streamsong years ago based on the absolutely awful service that our entire group received. Even back then you were downplaying the issues and trying to defend their crappy service.

It seems more than a few people here have had issues with the place - no need to run people down every time for sharing their experiences, thats the whole point of this board.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Callaway '21 X Forged CBs 5-P annnnd incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

34 minutes ago, jerebear21 said:

Being sold out doesn't mean a darn thing and has *nothing* to do with the service issues - you're desperately trying to make people here seem like they are whining about nothing just because YOU love the place. 

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Callaway '21 X Forged CBs 5-P annnnd incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Somebody woke up on the wrong side this morning. Relax my man. 

I belong to two privates in central Florida. I know what good service is. Some of the critiques made zero sense. Worst food? Worst service? Golf compared to reunion? Especially coming from those who literally post 1-2x the entire time. Bots much? 

I can’t think of a better golf course that’s open to the public in Florida. You sir are way off. 

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

And to be clear, I don't LOVE the place.  I appreciate what the Mosaic folks have done, which is bringing a world class golf experience to to the central florida area, something that is unique and gives floridians like myself something to be proud of.  I agree the service for bandon, whistling straits, sand valley, cabot cliffs, kiawah and any other Keiser's property are above and beyond streamsong (I've been to them all).  But some of the criticism are unwarranted.  Someone considered ordering pizza around the area instead of eating at the lodge?  Or even the last comment about Reunion golf courses are much better than streamsong since it's half the price....  It comes off as a very entitled attitude.  Am I overly grateful for streamsong?  Of course.  Everyone should come here and play! Support the locals that work here, the caddies, the restaurant folks.  

I don't come from privilege but working at a resort doesn't exactly get me invited here:

IMG_8026.JPG.1a5fde0556e7fc6081864aaa967837af.JPG

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

And you want to know how amazing some of the folks at streamsong are?  The current director of sand valley who was the old director at streamsong, steve kurtz, caddied for our group at sand valley when we were there and the resort ran out of caddies one hot summer day. I have in numerous occasion asked him to join us at Nona but I guess wisconsin winters are better than florida winters. 

Now I apologize for brushing off on a few comments on the board.  But how can anyone take anything seriously from comments that recommend Reunion golf is better than streamsong. Or if pizzas from the area is better than anything the resort has to offer?  It undermines the hard working folks there who try to make it work, especially during this pandemic.  It's also a false characterization of everyone that have worked at streamsong like steve, one of the most humbling and considerate human being there is in golf.  

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

eddie fray is your man!  don't think twice.

service might be a bit slow so show up early to get a burger king like quality breakfast sandwich.  I like a bloody mary double before each round. double the fun.  

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x