2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Streamsong 2020-2021

FlashinLeather

5 minutes ago, ND2005 said:

Probably the opposite. This is the trend all the major resorts are following, reducing public access due to increased resort demand. 

Plenty of rooms available any night you want next weekend and there were always plenty of tee times available in the 21 day window.

No doubt the place is packed but it was packed with too many people not paying to stay there apparently

Edited by TrueBlue4Lyfe

7 minutes ago, TrueBlue4Lyfe said:

Plenty of rooms available any night you want next weekend and there were always plenty of tee times available in the 21 day window.

No doubt the place is packed but it was packed with too many people not paying to stay there apparently

And I was there four weeks ago and every room was booked. Have looked into a fall trip and every room booked the weekends we were looking at. They've also been talking about building a second hotel because they don't have enough beds on property. 

Edited by ND2005

8 minutes ago, ND2005 said:

They've also been talking about building a second hotel because they don't have enough beds on property. 

Cant understand how they haven't done this already - they were talking about it years ago when I was there. Caddies were telling us how badly mgmt/ownership wanted to be like Bandon Dunes - with a plan for 4/5/6 courses, short course, practice facilities etc - but there seemed to be no plan to provide multiple hotel options.

And its been 7 years since I've been there.

Edited by dcmidnight

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

5 minutes ago, dcmidnight said:

Cant understand how they haven't done this already - they were talking about it years ago when I was there. Caddies were telling us how badly mgmt/ownership wanted to be like Bandon Dunes - with a plan for 4/5/6 courses, short course, practice facilities etc - but there seemed to be no plan to provide multiple hotel options.

And its been 7 years since I've been there.

It's been really poorly managed all along. I think with Kemper really taking over the day to day operations rather than just consulting it has gotten better. 

It's been teetering closer to becoming another World Woods than becoming another Bandon. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ND2005 said:

It's been really poorly managed all along. I think with Kemper really taking over the day to day operations rather than just consulting it has gotten better. 

It's been teetering closer to becoming another World Woods than becoming another Bandon. 

Sorry I have not followed it too closely - so Mosiac is not managing the hotel side anymore? I think when I wrote my trip report I rated everything on the golf side an A+ and everything on the hotel side a D.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

8 minutes ago, dcmidnight said:

Sorry I have not followed it too closely - so Mosiac is not managing the hotel side anymore? I think when I wrote my trip report I rated everything on the golf side an A+ and everything on the hotel side a D.

Yes, beginning last year Kemper assumed management of all operations. They brought in a new GM, improved staffing, and based on my last trip seem to have improved a number of things.

https://kempersports.com/2020/11/kempersports-expands-partnership-with-the-mosaic-company-to-manage-full-resort-operations-of-streamsong-resort/

On 3/3/2022 at 9:00 AM, TrueBlue4Lyfe said:

No more public tee times except between May 27 and September 30.

I guess not enough people were paying $650 a night for their hotel.

At least in the summer the public can still access it. I enjoy the day trip from Orlando. But like everyone else has said, these resorts aren’t hurting for golfers paying for stay and play. 

[sign here]

On 3/6/2022 at 10:49 PM, italianstallion said:

At least in the summer the public can still access it. I enjoy the day trip from Orlando. But like everyone else has said, these resorts aren’t hurting for golfers paying for stay and play. 

I play out there once or twice a month in the summer only while they offer the FL resident rate. Outside of that, I can’t afford to be forming over $295-$350 a round once or twice a month. Hopefully they don’t get rid of the FL resident rate. It’s really not that crowded in the summer from my experiences. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 4:54 PM, GreyDawg said:

I get to go for the first time for a work event next week! Will play two rounds but not sure which courses. Is black still having issues with the nematodes and the fairways and greens?? Was not hearing good things about a month ago.

Even if conditions were fine, Red/Blue >>>>>>>> Black. Would choose those 2 10 out of 10 times.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 5:54 PM, GreyDawg said:

I get to go for the first time for a work event next week! Will play two rounds but not sure which courses. Is black still having issues with the nematodes and the fairways and greens?? Was not hearing good things about a month ago.

For more traditional golf, red and blue are indeed great but black has its own value because of how different it is - some crazy holes, the giant bowl green on 9, the enormous fairways - you can’t predict the wind but I would rather play black if conditions are windy and fast - red and blue can be brutal if it’s really fast because they aren’t as forgiving as black 

4 hours ago, FuzzyKnuckles said:

Agree with what JGR said, the black is fun. Very unique and some awesome holes and greens, had a blast playing it. The back 9 is really special, black might of been my favorite.

Yeah Black is a lot of fun. I still rank them Blue>Black>Red even though walking those are probably inversely the easiest to hardest walk.

Edited by ilikegolf26

9 hours ago, mulliganman30 said:

Is it easier to book a single tee time for 1 player by calling or booking online?  I swear I never see any openings online...  Considering trying to play there for late May or early June...

Are you staying the resort or just looking for public play? For public play, you can make a tee-time starting 7-days out.

I am curious as to the current conditions as well. We are headed out there tomorrow for a golf trip and just received an email last night that they are going to give us discounted green fees because of the current conditions. It would have been nice to have been informed with more notice than a day before we leave that the course is struggling.. 

On 4/12/2022 at 6:05 AM, CCtrey5 said:

For anyone who has been there recently, how bad are the greens? Going at the end of the month and saw a few posts other places about fungus and dead spots on red and blue. 

I am wondering this as well. We are heading out there tomorrow and just found out about the issues they're having. I was given the option to switch from red to blue if we choose, so it sounds like the red is in worse shape. They are offering 35% off on Black, 50% off on Red, and no discount on the blue. I am considering switching our red tee time to another blue, but would like to hear from someone that has been recently.

53 minutes ago, Golfguy92 said:

I am wondering this as well. We are heading out there tomorrow and just found out about the issues they're having. I was given the option to switch from red to blue if we choose, so it sounds like the red is in worse shape. They are offering 35% off on Black, 50% off on Red, and no discount on the blue. I am considering switching our red tee time to another blue, but would like to hear from someone that has been recently.

A little more info here: 

Sounds pretty dire.  Hope they pulled through, really enjoyed my rounds there.  

1 hour ago, Golfguy92 said:

I spoke with a few people on-site and while they did offer to switch me from red to blue, they said that it isn’t as bad as I think. If it were up to then they’d still play all 3. 

I didn’t make any changes, but looking forward to hearing from someone who’s been there recently. At $90 for red, it’s gonna be way better than the courses I play around here for $100 even if it’s literally on fire. 

Thanks for the updates guys. We are headed out there tomorrow so we shall see what it looks like. I spoke with our booking agent to ask if when we get there tomorrow if we can go drive the red to see just how bad it is before we choose between courses for Sunday and he said that shouldn't be a problem. As it stands, we play black, blue, red, but depending how red looks we may switch to another round at blue. Hopefully it isn't as bad as it sounds and is just not up to their elite standards, but is still plenty good. I will update tomorrow if I remember, or if not then Monday when I get back home. Would definitely like to play all 3 courses, but not if red is truly that bad.

Edited by Golfguy92
  • Like 3

On 4/13/2022 at 4:11 PM, Golfguy92 said:

Thanks for the updates guys. We are headed out there tomorrow so we shall see what it looks like. I spoke with our booking agent to ask if when we get there tomorrow if we can go drive the red to see just how bad it is before we choose between courses for Sunday and he said that shouldn't be a problem. As it stands, we play black, blue, red, but depending how red looks we may switch to another round at blue. Hopefully it isn't as bad as it sounds and is just not up to their elite standards, but is still plenty good. I will update tomorrow if I remember, or if not then Monday when I get back home. Would definitely like to play all 3 courses, but not if red is truly that bad.

any updates?  I am due to start playing out there on Wednesday..

Played Red yesterday and Blue today.

Red greens are in really poor shape.

Blue was very good today.

Playing Black tomorrow and I’m told it’s in super condition. If the 7 hole Roundabout course - which is right by the first tee of the Black - is any indicator, the Black should be exquisite. The greens on the Roundabout are pristine, such an awesome facility and so much fun - except no one, bar me, seemed to play it the last 2 days - don’t pass on it.  

I would avoid the Red, even with discounted rates. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym Max 10.5, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Callaway AI Smoke Paradym Max 3HL 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red 7X

Callaway UW 19, Fujikura Ventus Red 8X

Titleist 505 22, Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 9S

ProtoConcept C-03,  5 - PW, Aerotech Steelfiber 110S

Artisan 50/54/58, Aerotech Steelfiber 110S
Piretti Matera Elite
Callaway Chrome Tour X
Lamkin Crossline Cord

On 4/8/2022 at 7:14 AM, birdiebarrage said:

Are you staying the resort or just looking for public play? For public play, you can make a tee-time starting 7-days out.

Public play.  Bringing family down to WDW and was considering trying to play here. Maybe it's not a great idea with some of the reports on the courses...I was able to get TPC Sawgrass booked to play while there before heading home.

Edited by mulliganman30

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you. We had a blast at streamsong and you will definitely enjoy yourselves. The black course fairways were punched and had a few bare spot, but playable and improving. Blue course was my favorite for sure. It had a great layout, fairways were great, and greens for the most part were in good shape. They have a few spots on a few greens that are struggling, but not enough to have a bad impression by any means. We had 8 guys and only 4 went to play red, while the rest of us played blue again. From what I heard, red greens had many many issues and are going to need to be ripped up and redone. If you're not great golfers and just want to experience all 3 courses then go play red also, but if you're a good player wanting consistent rolls and good visuals of the greens then skip the red and play blue again instead. The resort itself is awesome. Fantastic service, food, experience all around. Any other questions, just let me know.

• Like 2

Just finished up 6 rounds there on Saturday, two at each course.

1) Red Course was the most visually appealing course to me.  However, two caveats.  First, the greens were in horrible condition, diseased etc.  Second, not a fan of how short front nine plays and how long back nine plays.

2) Blue was in best condition and I am a Doak fan, some very interesting holes.  Everyday we played we had 15-20 mph winds.  This led to my biggest gripe, the 17th and 18th are ridiculously long playing into the prevailing winds, the 17th basically plays as a par 6 and the the 18th as a par 5.  

3) Black- easiest of the three courses, fairways are still recovering from problems that occurred earlier this year, but they are definitely in better shape than the Red's greens.  Most of the holes were cart path only.  Greens sanded while there, some really good holes, but nothing that really stood out.

Caddy- We had a forecaddy for the 4 of us, didn't expect from him to be honest, however, he was fantastic. He worked his a** off to make sure we had the right clubs, able to read the greens for each of us etc.  If you want a rec, I would recommend Tom Obey to anyone as a caddy.

4.  Played World Woods as well, Pine Barrens Course, their greens were better than any of Streamsong's courses, waste areas were a bit beat up though.