Nike Footwear 2021 (Unofficial Thread) (***NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS***)

1 hour ago, snagy2000 said:

IMO, If you have to by certain socks to prevent a shoe from rubbing sores, its just another failure to add to this shoe's list of many failures...

Agree, just like having to use scotch guard and fully clean your shoe every round. If you have to do that or wear special socks, or change how you walk etc then your shoes probably aren't right for you. Luckily I don't have any of the issues with the ZITs. But if I had to buy special socks I wouldn't be spending $150+ on them.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, snagy2000 said:

IMO, If you have to by certain socks to prevent a shoe from rubbing sores, its just another failure to add to this shoe's list of many failures...

Bro just buy quality socks that come a little past the ankle haha

dress shoes would suck if you didn’t wear the right socks as well 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Always_rough said:

Anyone else get horrible blisters on the inside of your foot while wearing the ZIT's? I generally walk while I play, and where the two different types of fabric meet up on both the inside and outside of my ankle, I get super bad blisters. Seems like a horrible shoe design imo, for a shoe that's supposed to be like a running shoe.

This is exactly why I can't wear ZIT's.  That hard and sharp seam where the 2 fabrics come together is a huge design flaw in my opinion.  Even with socks it hurt too badly.  And also tried a 13W and 14, same issues.

13 hours ago, FaReal87 said:

Bro just buy quality socks that come a little past the ankle haha

dress shoes would suck if you didn’t wear the right socks as well 🤷🏻‍♂️

We're not talking about wearing peds with ski boots -- we're talking about no-shows with golf shoes. And I have Nike no-shows, too. So, unless you think Nike socks aren't "quality" enough to wear with Nike shoes, we're not talking about sock "quality" at all. We're talking about needing socks that are tall enough to protect you from parts of the shoes. That's pretty lame.

Let's be honest: Whereas the ZITs look great (and maybe feel good in the footbed), there are design elements -- like the sides coming up too high into the ankles, and the ankle "collar" stopping and meeting the upper mesh with a distinct ridge/point -- that just don't wear well for too many people. 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 11:48 AM, snagy2000 said:

5 hours ago, KMeloney said:

We're not talking about wearing peds with ski boots -- we're talking about no-shows with golf shoes. And I have Nike no-shows, too. So, unless you think Nike socks aren't "quality" enough to wear with Nike shoes, we're not talking about sock "quality" at all. We're talking about needing socks that are tall enough to protect you from parts of the shoes. That's pretty lame.

Let's be honest: Whereas the ZITs look great (and maybe feel good in the footbed), there are design elements -- like the sides coming up too high into the ankles, and the ankle "collar" stopping and meeting the upper mesh with a distinct ridge/point -- that just don't wear well for too many people. 

A few people complaining on an Internet forum doesn't amount to a "list of many failures" nor the conclusion that "don't wear well for too many people".

There are way more owners of this shoe (they're almost completely sold out all the time) who don't have issues and lots who love them. Most owners aren;t in this forum, and more people post to complain than praise. Perspective.

I have 2 pairs each with at least 20 rounds walking on them. 

I probably prefer a bit wider sole for my 13 wide-ish feet – I usually don't wear ANY Nike because of this. I wish they weren't so hard to find/buy. The hard soles are a bit too slick on wet wooden bridges. I had a blister first time from the seam on one ankle, so I used a slightly taller no show sock from my collection - no problems since.

On the other hand, the style is unmatched in golf. They're comfortable, haven't yellowed at the toe, no spikes have broken off, I haven't slipped swinging, they clean quite easily, I don't have to scotchguard them every round, stability seems fine – I've had my best 2 months of scores in my life.  Every few rounds I throw them in the washing machine inside a lingerie bag and they come out looking new.

This shoe isn't a failure.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, bsoudi said:

A few people complaining on an Internet forum doesn't amount to a "list of many failures" nor the conclusion that "don't wear well for too many people".

There are way more owners of this shoe (they're almost completely sold out all the time) who don't have issues and lots who love them. Most owners aren;t in this forum, and more people post to complain than praise. Perspective.

I have 2 pairs each with at least 20 rounds walking on them. 

I probably prefer a bit wider sole for my 13 wide-ish feet – I usually don't wear ANY Nike because of this. I wish they weren't so hard to find/buy. The hard soles are a bit too slick on wet wooden bridges. I had a blister first time from the seam on one ankle, so I used a slightly taller no show sock from my collection - no problems since.

On the other hand, the style is unmatched in golf. They're comfortable, haven't yellowed at the toe, no spikes have broken off, I haven't slipped swinging, they clean quite easily, I don't have to scotchguard them every round, stability seems fine – I've had my best 2 months of scores in my life.  Every few rounds I throw them in the washing machine inside a lingerie bag and they come out looking new.

This shoe isn't a failure.

It's more than a few complainers Chief...Plus their star athlete wouldn't even wear them last year and when he did they had to pop the air bubble...Lack of mass adoption on tour is very telling...Once again, IMO they are a failure...

1 hour ago, bsoudi said:

I had a blister first time from the seam on one ankle, so I used a slightly taller no show sock from my collection - no problems since.

This is literally THE problem with the shoe that I'm talking about -- and you, too, had the problem. How can you defend a design issue as not being a problem when you, too, got a blister from it?

1 hour ago, snagy2000 said:

It's more than a few complainers Chief...Plus their star athlete wouldn't even wear them last year and when he did they had to pop the air bubble...Lack of mass adoption on tour is very telling...Once again, IMO they are a failure...

(He wears them now) 

the more unique traction systems aren’t worn on tour as much. This goes back to the AIT traction system when it was kinda just Rory wearing them while many of the other Nike athletes were wearing the lunar command. Same now for the ZIT. 

45 minutes ago, FaReal87 said:

(He wears them now) 

the more unique traction systems aren’t worn on tour as much. This goes back to the AIT traction system when it was kinda just Rory wearing them while many of the other Nike athletes were wearing the lunar command. Same now for the ZIT. 

Nike apologists crack me up...He wears them because he gets paid to wear them... 

26 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

Nike apologists crack me up...He wears them because he gets paid to wear them... 

Pro players wear apparel/shoes they are paid to?!  🤯

He actually proved you wrong last year with the previous model though. It didn't meet his satisfaction and he didn't wear them. They fixed the issues and now he does. 

Edited by mci711
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, KMeloney said:

This is literally THE problem with the shoe that I'm talking about -- and you, too, had the problem. How can you defend a design issue as not being a problem when you, too, got a blister from it?

Yes! I’ve had blisters from hiking boots and dress shoes and the Olukai slip-ons I bought last week. You remedy it, they break in. Why is Moleskin even sold?

5 hours ago, snagy2000 said:

Their star athlete had an issue and now wears them every round. Mass Tour adoption? Cmon, there’s only about 5 Nike tier 1 athletes on tour. You’d see pretty equal distribution of Victory 2, AM 90, and ZIT of those wearing Nike on tour, if you look at them all. And I bet Brooks and Nike don’t want everyone wearing them anyway.

Internet forums aren’t reality. 

The adg3 squeak. How bad is it? Are they comfy? 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

6 hours ago, mission_scratch said:

The TW ‘20 has been my go to this season.  It takes about 2-3 rounds to break them in, but after that they feel great.   Have a few backup pairs that I picked up when they were in stock in my size and had to put my spin on them.  This is my latest pair I did.  

2C9A6E0C-9112-4523-83ED-90BC17710D34.jpeg

Dope. Helluva design and job. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, mission_scratch said:

The TW ‘20 has been my go to this season.  It takes about 2-3 rounds to break them in, but after that they feel great.   Have a few backup pairs that I picked up when they were in stock in my size and had to put my spin on them.  This is my latest pair I did.  

Do those still use the TP sole? Same as the TW71?

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

13 hours ago, jallen0119 said:

Additionally, any chance that the Open edition VT2's hit the US market? I was very disappointed that the US Open didn't (I also liked the PGA version) and I am not wanting to pay an extra $100 for them. 

Well considering Europe seemed to get more us open stuff than the US maybe it’ll be reverse for the open stuff haha 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/30/2021 at 6:18 PM, mission_scratch said:

My go to as well. If you do any more designs make sure to post them. 

• Like 1