2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Colorado WRX 2021

pseudoswede

36 minutes ago, ASak10 said:

I like the CommonGround par 3 as well, it is definitely geared more towards kids/families but it's a great walk and the holes are 50-150 or so yards.  Greens can be in rough shape sometimes but for $10 (and the kids are free), I treat it as good wedge and pitch practice more than anything.  

Played in the first CG tourney last Saturday.  Was very fun, greens were a little slow (they had just aerated Monday/Tuesday before) but otherwise course was in good shape.  Started out with a nice 38 on the front....and followed it with a not so nice 46 on the back.  D'oh.  3 birdies for the round but waaaaayyy too many doubles during the round.  Just some dumb decisions and some bad approach shots.  Oh well, live and learn, on to the next one.  

Was the "masters" event?  Which pro did your team get?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, hoselpalooza said:

nice!! thanks for sharing!! i'm really bummed i couldn't play so i'll just have to live vicariously through you guys 😄

how was the competition and which flight were you in? 

It was tough to tell on the competition since it was a team event plus the pairing with the pro thing....but definitely some low scores out there.  I was the C flight player.  We had a 3 and 5 cap as the A and B, and then the D was a 12.  I'm at a 9.5 currently.   

Unfortunately all of us kind of went through a stretch of hole where we didn't score well so the team score got crushed.  I think we all shot over our handicap (one by a large margin) but it was a fun group.  I finished 58 out of 143 for the net score so definitely lots of room for improvement. 

10 minutes ago, CDM said:

Was the "masters" event?  Which pro did your team get?

It was.  Low gross/low net for the team score (couldn't be the same ball for both).  We got paired with Hatton as our pro which didn't help the score a ton.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ASak10 said:

It was tough to tell on the competition since it was a team event plus the pairing with the pro thing....but definitely some low scores out there.  I was the C flight player.  We had a 3 and 5 cap as the A and B, and then the D was a 12.  I'm at a 9.5 currently.   

Unfortunately all of us kind of went through a stretch of hole where we didn't score well so the team score got crushed.  I think we all shot over our handicap (one by a large margin) but it was a fun group.  I finished 58 out of 143 for the net score so definitely lots of room for improvement. 

It was.  Low gross/low net for the team score (couldn't be the same ball for both).  We got paired with Hatton as our pro which didn't help the score a ton.  

thanks! glad you guys had fun, and there's almost always room for improvement this time of year 🙂

i'll let you know when i sign up for my first CG event. would be nice to meet up! i get re-evaluated in the next two weeks so hopefully not too long after that 🤞

• Like 2

Question for Denver area WRXers... Planning a trip to play a few courses in May with some buddies and we’re looking at playing Interlocken (or shopping the deals on GolfNow) for our first day, then playing Fossil Trace and Bear Dance over the weekend. At those price points, are there better options in the southwest/south side of the metro area?

Also, what are some good golf shops that we may want to patronize?

Appreciate any advice in advance!

• Like 1

CALLAWAY Paradym Ai Smoke 💎💎💎 10.5* /  Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6S

TITLEIST TSR2+ 13* / Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65S

CALLAWAY Apex UW 17* / Fujikura Ventus TR Red 7S

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 4i / Fujikura Pro 95i

PING i230 5-PW / True Temper Project X IO 6.0

PING Glide 4.0 50S / Ping Z-Z115 W

BETTINARDI HLX 5.0 Oil-Rubbed Bronze PVD 54RJ and 58RJ / KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Black

BRANDON MATTHEW Truxton Wide-Blade Carbon Patina

TITLEIST Pro V1x

WITB LINK

31 minutes ago, PigPyle said:

Question for Denver area WRXers... Planning a trip to play a few courses in May with some buddies and we’re looking at playing Interlocken (or shopping the deals on GolfNow) for our first day, then playing Fossil Trace and Bear Dance over the weekend. At those price points, are there better options in the southwest/south side of the metro area?

Just an FYI... Omni Interlocken is on the northwest side of town. (And, to be more nit-picky, Fossil Trace is more west than southwest.)

If you're you're staying at/near the Omni, I would probably recommend Walnut Creek instead.

The only other course on the south side of town worth mentioning is The Ridge at Castle Pines. You could combine that and Bear Dance on the same day if you want. If you've never played golf in Denver before, then there is also the requisite plug for Arrowhead (for the scenery, not the golf), which is on the southwest side of town.

• Like 2

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

1 minute ago, pseudoswede said:

Just an FYI... Omni Interlocken is on the northwest side of town. (And, to be more nit-picky, Fossil Trace is more west than southwest.)

If you're you're staying at/near the Omni, I would probably recommend Walnut Creek instead.

The only other course on the south side of town worth mentioning is The Ridge at Castle Pines. You could combine that and Bear Dance on the same day if you want. If you've never played golf in Denver before, then there is also the requisite plug for Arrowhead (for the scenery, not the golf), which is on the southwest side of town.

Appreciate it! Only reason we looked at Interlocken is because we are driving in from the north, and one of the guys going has played there before. Will take a look at Walnut Creek. 

We will be staying in Lakewood so that has been the starting point for our search, and it will be my first time playing in Colorado. Looking forward to enjoying your scenery. 

• Like 2

CALLAWAY Paradym Ai Smoke 💎💎💎 10.5* /  Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6S

TITLEIST TSR2+ 13* / Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65S

CALLAWAY Apex UW 17* / Fujikura Ventus TR Red 7S

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 4i / Fujikura Pro 95i

PING i230 5-PW / True Temper Project X IO 6.0

PING Glide 4.0 50S / Ping Z-Z115 W

BETTINARDI HLX 5.0 Oil-Rubbed Bronze PVD 54RJ and 58RJ / KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Black

BRANDON MATTHEW Truxton Wide-Blade Carbon Patina

TITLEIST Pro V1x

WITB LINK

1 minute ago, PigPyle said:

Appreciate it! Only reason we looked at Interlocken is because we are driving in from the north, and one of the guys going has played there before. Will take a look at Walnut Creek. 

We will be staying in Lakewood so that has been the starting point for our search, and it will be my first time playing in Colorado. Looking forward to enjoying your scenery. 

If you're driving from the north, and if your wallet will allow for it, I would give TPC Colorado a call to see if you can get on.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, hoselpalooza said:

thanks! glad you guys had fun, and there's almost always room for improvement this time of year 🙂

i'll let you know when i sign up for my first CG event. would be nice to meet up! i get re-evaluated in the next two weeks so hopefully not too long after that 🤞

For sure!  I got in for the the first stroke play event on the 24th so I'll be playing in that one too.  After that...we'll see. Good luck at the evaluation!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thaar said:

Got my second covid shot yesterday...thank god the weather is crappy this week, cause it feels like someone punched my shoulder about 723 times in a row. It might have been my wife when I was sleeping, but nonetheless, swinging a club is not in the cards right now!

good thing it wasn't the moma vaccine or you'd have to do it all over again! 😅

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thaar said:

Got my second covid shot yesterday...thank god the weather is crappy this week, cause it feels like someone punched my shoulder about 723 times in a row. It might have been my wife when I was sleeping, but nonetheless, swinging a club is not in the cards right now!

Mine was like that too, and swinging actually helped it loosen up a bunch.  I just had to start really slow, but was ripping drivers after about 30 min. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PigPyle said:

If you're looking for a good local golf shop, try Lenny's Golf, if you're coming in from the North, it's in Aurora.  Just north of Denver

http://denvergolfshop.net/

-- P.J.

Edited by golf4pj
  • Like 3

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
Srixon ZX 3W and Cobra RadSpeed Hybrid

:taylormade-small:P790 Irons
Cleveland CBX-2 Wedges
EVNROLL ER7 Putter
OnCore ELIXR / Srixon Q-Star Divide Golf Ball
Cart-Tek 1500li Remote Cart

PrecisionPro NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder

SkyTrak Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado // Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy

10 hours ago, thaar said:

I'm supposed to get my shot on the 23rd at 10am, but have a 4-man Scramble golf tournament on the 24th.

Really starting to second-guess if I should cancel now, rather than leave my team short.

Thoughts?

Cleveland CBX-2 Wedges
EVNROLL ER7 Putter

SkyTrak Launch Monitor

10 minutes ago, golf4pj said:

I'm supposed to get my shot on the 23rd at 10am, but have a 4-man Scramble golf tournament on the 24th.

Really starting to second-guess if I should cancel now, rather than leave my team short.

Thoughts?

First or second?  I had my first one on 3/23 and just felt like I had gotten a charley-horse.  Certainly wouldn't have stopped me from playing.  Like someone mentioned above, moving and getting a workout in helped mine feel better.  I know a lot of people have had worse reactions to the second one.  I get my second on 4/20, so we'll see how it goes.

17 minutes ago, golf4pj said:

If you're looking for a good local golf shop, try Lenny's Golf, if you're coming in from the North, it's in Aurora.  Just north of Denver

http://denvergolfshop.net/

-- P.J.

I love Lenny's and buy lots of stuff there....but if you're looking for some cool/fun golf swag (polos, hats, t-shirts, etc.) Lenny's ain't the place.  They just don't have a large selection from that standpoint.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gmcourtney said:

First or second?  I had my first one on 3/23 and just felt like I had gotten a charley-horse.  Certainly wouldn't have stopped me from playing.  Like someone mentioned above, moving and getting a workout in helped mine feel better.  I know a lot of people have had worse reactions to the second one.  I get my second on 4/20, so we'll see how it goes.

It'll be my second.  I was fine after my first shot - even hit balls on the simulator.  Only had some tenderness, but the arm wasn't really sore.

Cleveland CBX-2 Wedges
EVNROLL ER7 Putter

SkyTrak Launch Monitor

23 hours ago, PigPyle said:

d'lance has my vote. i think they do a fantastic job there. family owned place that's been featured on the cover of USA today as well as the Today Show. great group of people and they are perennially named one of america's best clubfitters. https://www.dlancegolf.com/about-dlance/

since you didn't specify what you're looking for i would recommend you call them ahead of time to see if they have what you're looking for.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, golf4pj said:

Thoughts?

I’ve had both... first one was nothing felt great no issues just a little sore. 

second one was a different sorry. Got the shot 9:30AM and was fine until 9:30pm and for the next 12 hours I had some intense flu symptoms. Chills, high fever, aches... you get the idea. After about 26 hours from the shot though I’d have been ready to play. I went to the avs first game with fans that night and felt great. 

my wife had a similar experience to me on her second shot. Have known several that got the second and had no illness. 

if your round is within that 12-26 hours after the shot there is some potential that playing might not happen. 

• Like 2

On 4/13/2021 at 10:27 PM, PigPyle said:

Indian Peaks is a lot more affordable and won't offer nearly the WOW factor of TPC, but it's a pretty nice muni course and the views from 18 are pretty awesome.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, golf4pj said:

Thoughts?

I would have a back up prepared at the very least. Everyone reacts to the second shot differently, but I was in no condition to do much of anything yesterday. Body aches, headaches, and pure exhaustion all day long. Then of course, the shoulder pain thing makes it difficult to swing a golf club. 

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

13 hours ago, golf4pj said:

Thoughts?

My daughter got Pfizer, and she was ... okay. After the second jab last Friday, she felt fatigued on Saturday early afternoon, took a nap, and woke up with a headache and some soreness in her arm. They both disappeared later that evening. My neighbors got the second Moderna jab on the same day; the husband felt like crap all Saturday, and the wife felt fine.

I would only cancel if you can readily reschedule your appointment within six weeks of your first jab. (I'm not a medical professional, nor have I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.)

Edited by pseudoswede
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/13/2021 at 9:44 PM, PigPyle said:

For playing in Colorado for the first time, Fossil Trace and Bear Dance will definitely give you what you are looking for in terms of elevation change and mountain views.  You really can't go wrong with those.  Both also have pretty solid pro shops in terms of selection and variety.  I'll second the TPC recommendation (or Highland Meadows if you can't get on or the price point is too high....TPC isn't cheap, I think around $200 or so).  TPC is a bit of a drive but it really is worth it in my opinion.  Course is fantastic, always in great shape (TPC, duh), spectacular views, fun and challenging holes with lots of risk/reward options.  They also have a killer pro shop.  

Edit to add: also out by the airport, Green Valley Ranch is a favorite of mine.  Tough track and it hosts the Colorado Open each year.  You won't get quite the spectacular views of some of the other courses mentioned...but it's a great golf course.  

Edited by ASak10
  • Like 3

Since everyone it talking about reactions to the vaccine, has anyone here had covid prior and then gotten the shot?

Asking as I had covid in early Feb and was 2 weeks + of fun... joking of course.  My symptoms were something new/different each day, similar to what you all note but obvious a lot stronger.  Was like it was trying to find the bodies weakness and if it did not work the next day it seemed like the virus tried something new.  Hard to explain, once you have it you know it as it is not like anything I have felt before.   I thought I may of had it back in March of 2020 but was not even close to what I had in FEB of this year.

Reason for asking I was told by the CDPHE/TRI County Health to wait to get the vaccine, but not sure how long I should wait.  Given I have the antibodies apparently for 4-7 months the "rumor" is if you had covid prior and get the vaccine the effects from the vaccine can put you down for a while.  Just wondering if anyone has gone through it.

I planned on doing the vaccine at the end of this month / first of May.

46 minutes ago, CDM said:

Given I have the antibodies apparently for 4-7 months the "rumor" is if you had covid prior and get the vaccine the effects from the vaccine can put you down for a while.

i've heard the same thing and want to get tested for antibodies first. do you know where to go to get tested for antibodies? thanks!

42 minutes ago, CDM said:

Since everyone it talking about reactions to the vaccine, has anyone here had covid prior and then gotten the shot?

Asking as I had covid in early Feb and was 2 weeks + of fun... joking of course.  My symptoms were something new/different each day, similar to what you all note but obvious a lot stronger.  Was like it was trying to find the bodies weakness and if it did not work the next day it seemed like the virus tried something new.  Hard to explain, once you have it you know it as it is not like anything I have felt before.   I thought I may of had it back in March of 2020 but was not even close to what I had in FEB of this year.

Reason for asking I was told by the CDPHE/TRI County Health to wait to get the vaccine, but not sure how long I should wait.  Given I have the antibodies apparently for 4-7 months the "rumor" is if you had covid prior and get the vaccine the effects from the vaccine can put you down for a while.  Just wondering if anyone has gone through it.

I planned on doing the vaccine at the end of this month / first of May.

I would probably try to get advice from your PCP (unless it's "Dr." Moma or that nutjob in Highlands Ranch who uses her medical practice to sell supplements instead of performing actual medical treatments). I believe the current guidance is you can get the vaccine three months after your COVID symptoms have subsided.

25 minutes ago, pseudoswede said:

I would probably try to get advice from your PCP (unless it's "Dr." Moma or that nutjob in Highlands Ranch who uses her medical practice to sell supplements instead of performing actual medical treatments). I believe the current guidance is you can get the vaccine three months after your COVID symptoms have subsided.

I think CDPHE / TRI County Health said 4 months?? Still close enough.  

If you do get Covid (hopefully not) you go on the "list" and get a number of calls from above agencies. Which to say the least is interesting LOL

My PCP would not see me for concerns of contamination which I get. As I learned you pretty much hope you make it through on your own or hospital emergency room.

I was lucky in some ways. I have a few employees whose wives are nurses and one worked in the covid division for 6 months.  She called a few times to see how I was doing and she said unless you are pushing critical no doctor will see you for fear of contamination. If it gets critical all you can do is go to emergency care at a hospital. Though she noted it is one the worst things she has had to deal with, we joked it was like the Justinian plague.  Just hope you make it through.....  Laughter is the best medicine 😃 

Snowmass club cga play day sign up is live. Lots of spots still open. It is a 9am shotgun on Monday 6/14 though, so you're probably going to have to stay the night out there somewhere Sunday unless you really like teeing it up after waking up at 5 or earlier and driving 3.5 hours.

https://coloradogolfassociation.regfox.com/2021-member-play-day-snowmass-club

And you do have to have your handicap at a CGA course or org (Colorado based) to be eligible.

Edited by Dancin
  • Like 2

On 3/27/2021 at 8:19 AM, irvtrain said:

Well, I got fitted at True Spec yesterday and loved the experience. Didn’t hit premium balls but overall it was eye opening. I knew I was over spinning my current gamer and ball speed was down. Anyway, long story short I have a new driver on the way! I didn’t necessarily want one on the way but the consistency of the TSi4 was incredible. Got to hit All the brands but after I hit the TSi4, I literally would hit two to three drives with other heads and we knew I was wasting my time lol. Also ended up in their shaft made by graphite design. Pretty cool they have a shaft made for them by GD. 

What location did you get fitted at? I know their location in Castle Rock doesn't open until end of May (OUCH)