Colorado WRX 2021

pseudoswede

3 hours ago, irvtrain said:

The Pinehurst option sounds amazing. Unfortunately, have no plans to go east this year. 

Link for anyone who has not heard of it.   If you go earlier it is even better just iffy on the weather.  They seem to do it every year.

https://www.titleist.com/teamtitleist/b/tourblog/posts/the-team-titleist-pinehurst-package-is-back-for-2021

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CDM said:

Hope your good man.  I just had my elbow cleaned out end of last summer. 

I used https://www.western-ortho.com/ .   Really impressed with the doc I had.

I used Hawkins Steadman years back for ACL and Cracked elbow (long story) and they were awesome but I know they are now tied to CU Medicine. IE: Not a private practice like prior

*Years back when iHA was a private practice it iwas mpossible to get into  My ex borther was the trainer for Seattle Mariners.  He called and they got me in the next day.  Somehow they thought I played for Mariners since he called LOL

good looking out. i appreciate you, man.

15 years ago i could have passed as an MLB player. these days i'd have better luck pretending to be pat perez's brother or a younger john daly with slightly longer hair 😂

shoulder stuff is always scary. when i threw a bit, i battled back from a partially torn rotator cuff, labrum, and triceps tendon. came back even stronger, but it was not how i would've drawn it up. hope i'm just being paranoid right now and that i just need a little bit of rest and a new workout routine 🤞

• Like 1

I went to Dr. Noonan years ago for knee issues I was having and he was awesome.  Another doc told me I definitely needed surgery and I went to Noonan for a 2nd opinion.  It turned out to be IT Band issues.  He walked me through exactly what was going on, and options for both surgery, which he didn't like for my situation and how active I was, and PT.  He highly suggested the PT and I went that route and was very happy.  Their new facility is top notch, and while they are affiliated/owned by UC Health I believe that they very much still operate as an independent facility. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, hoselpalooza said:

good looking out. i appreciate you, man.

15 years ago i could have passed as an MLB player. these days i'd have better luck pretending to be pat perez's brother or a younger john daly with slightly longer hair 😂

shoulder stuff is always scary. when i threw a bit, i battled back from a partially torn rotator cuff, labrum, and triceps tendon. came back even stronger, but it was not how i would've drawn it up. hope i'm just being paranoid right now and that i just need a little bit of rest and a new workout routine 🤞

Totally understand.... I LOVE MY COUCH TOO 🤣

6 hours ago, ASak10 said:

I played Riverdale Dunes on Tuesday, man do I love that course.  Chipped in for eagle on 9, that's two for the year!  Got greenside in 2 and holed my chip from about 12 yards.  Too bad neither was during an official posting round...oh well.  

I got fit for a new driver and 3w late last year and went with Mitch over at Club Champion.  He's awesome.  Got the TSi3 for both and have been super happy with them.  Mitch won't push you into some exotic shaft unless you want it and if you tell him you want one of the standard shafts or the upcharge shafts from the company, he'll work with that.  Only downside is you aren't fit outside but he will work with you after you get your club and have a chance to play with it (changing loft, lie, weights, etc).  

I got my irons though Gott.  That story doesn't surprise me CDM and I don't blame you after your experience for feeling that way, I'd be the same.  I do think he knows his stuff and it's nice that you can hit out into the range.  For me it came down to MP20 HMBs (which is what I went with) and Srixon (ZX5 or 7? can't remember which).  I liked the turf interaction of the Mizunos better.  Plus I really wanted the Mizunos anyway. 

He put me in much lighter shafts than I had in my previous irons and I've been super happy with the setup.  I also like that he does lie adjustments for each club individually.  But yes, he's sponsored by Callaway so you have to keep that in mind, but after hitting the Callaway irons I told him they weren't my favorite and that was the end of that.  He also doesn't carry Ping anymore (or at least when I was there he did not have them, I guess it could have changed between then and now).  

Oh I also got a new putter through him, kind of forgot about that.  I like his putter fitting setup.  

Dan Weitzel is another person you can try, although last I heard he was very busy so may be tough to get in.  Not sure if he's still doing it but when I got some clubs through him years ago, he let me take them to a nearby range to hit outside before making a final decision.  I think it depends on when he has another fitting booked and whether he may need those clubs for it.  

LOL Mitch did a fitting for me (a test that turned into me ordering) the ZX7 's. Went to test out a few irons and liked the Srixon's the most, even though at the time thet were not on my list.   I let Mitch know up front I was not sure I was buying anything and I wanted to test stock option shafts.   *Wish they were outside but they have the most options to test, plus I brought the ball I will being playing this year to match up which is nice

I also ended up in a lighter shaft.  Modus 105 S (hard stepped once).   I was playing 120 gram so not a lot but 10-12 grams lighter. 

I have been trading emails with Dan this week. Having a Loft/Lie check - update as required on the new irons.  Dan was out a bit with minor surgery item this week. Good guy.  Dan did note he is pulling back on doing "random" club aspects for people since he is so busy. Mainly doing fittings and adjustments for those who buy or bought from him.   

Edit: Not trying to bash Gott Golf. I am sure Brian knows his stuff, just was more pee'd he knew I was coming in for Titleist then show up and he did not even have Titleist after he said he did...!  *Jokingly it felt like a "used car salesman" tactic...

Edited by CDM
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, CDM said:

LOL Mitch did a fitting for me (a test that turned into me ordering) the ZX7 's. Went to test out a few irons and liked the Srixon's the most, even though at the time thet were not on my list.   I let Mitch know up front I was not sure I was buying anything and I wanted to test stock option shafts.   *Wish they were outside but they have the most options to test, plus I brought the ball I will being playing this year to match up which is nice

I also ended up in a lighter shaft.  Modus 105 S (hard stepped once).   I was playing 120 gram so not a lot but 10-12 grams lighter. 

I have been trading emails with Dan this week. Having a Loft/Lie check - update as required on the new irons.  Dan was out a bit with minor surgery item this week. Good guy.  Dan did note he is pulling back on doing "random" club aspects for people since he is so busy. Mainly doing fittings and adjustments for those who buy or bought from him.   

Edit: Not trying to bash Gott Golf. I am sure Brian knows his stuff, just was more pee'd he knew I was coming in for Titleist then show up and he did not even have Titleist after he said he did...!  *Jokingly it felt like a "used car salesman" tactic...

Mitch is awesome! I've had nothing but success with him and his recommendations. Hope all is well with everyone and golf is on the agenda. I've been busy with some AZ golf and trying to get geared up for another season. Lots of birdies to all!

• Like 3

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

Wow, Mitch did my fitting four years ago when they first opened. It was fun but need to hit outdoors I think. 

CDM, that was an honest review of Gott Golf. I'd be upset too if I went and they didn't have the clubs I wanted to hit and then pushed a brand they have a strong relationship with. 

Since you mentioned Pinehurst, it got me thinking that I'll be traveling through Phoenix for a day and maybe stop off there. May also consider Meta Golf since it is outdoors. I really just need to hit a club outside with a premium ball and radar. 

• Like 1

just got back from the doc. looks like it's biceps and rotator cuff tendonitis. could be worse and i'm grateful it's not. 4-6 weeks of PT and no golf, unless i learn to swing with just my left arm. and to be honest, at this point that might not be out of the question 😂 

only issue is the UCHeath PTs are booked solid so i can only get in twice over the next 5 weeks. that's not gonna cut it, so if any of you have suggestions for amazing shoulder PTs i am all ears. thank you!

7 hours ago, irvtrain said:

Wow, Mitch did my fitting four years ago when they first opened. It was fun but need to hit outdoors I think. 

CDM, that was an honest review of Gott Golf. I'd be upset too if I went and they didn't have the clubs I wanted to hit and then pushed a brand they have a strong relationship with. 

Since you mentioned Pinehurst, it got me thinking that I'll be traveling through Phoenix for a day and maybe stop off there. May also consider Meta Golf since it is outdoors. I really just need to hit a club outside with a premium ball and radar. 

Check out True Spec at Raven.  Outdoors. Easy to get to from Airport of highway and there is a IN N' OUT right at the exist if you like them 😃   https://www.truespecgolf.com/locations/phoenix/   EVeryone in the SW forum say they are the best down there now. Speaking to them was pretty good experience. 

Sadly our flight was late so I did not make the iron fitting with them. Barely made the tee time.  I saw the "cargo" ccontainer and they have at the end of the range and it had everything you could want to try.

2 hours ago, hoselpalooza said:

just got back from the doc. looks like it's biceps and rotator cuff tendonitis. could be worse and i'm grateful it's not. 4-6 weeks of PT and no golf, unless i learn to swing with just my left arm. and to be honest, at this point that might not be out of the question 😂 

only issue is the UCHeath PTs are booked solid so i can only get in twice over the next 5 weeks. that's not gonna cut it, so if any of you have suggestions for amazing shoulder PTs i am all ears. thank you!

Glad to hear.  Bummer on PT times.

Funny, swinging with one arm you may be surprised. I broke my right wrist and did the semi one arm swing for a couple of month.  Could barely get a 7 Iron a 150 yard at this elevation but man accuracy picked up 😃   and I learned to feel the "bottom of the club" on chipping.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CDM said:

Check out True Spec at Raven.  Outdoors. Easy to get to from Airport of highway and there is a IN N' OUT right at the exist if you like them 😃   https://www.truespecgolf.com/locations/phoenix/   EVeryone in the SW forum say they are the best down there now. Speaking to them was pretty good experience. 

Sadly our flight was late so I did not make the iron fitting with them. Barely made the tee time.  I saw the "cargo" ccontainer and they have at the end of the range and it had everything you could want to try.

Looked them up. They have a location at The Ridge too, but doesn't open until May 1st. I emailed them. Probably won't hear back until Monday. Thanks

Golf appears to be a halted activity for a few days to a week.  Have to love Albuquerque Lows (NOT!)

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

1 hour ago, hoselpalooza said:

anyone wanna try their hand at snow accumulation predictions for 💩's and giggles? i'm guessing 18" downtown.

They say we could receive more than 2 feet in Fort Collins.  I have no idea but I don't think we're going to get that much.  Maybe 12"-16".  Who knows?

The picture was in Longmont back in December 2006.  We got 32" in a 24 hour span on that one.

Where is my shovel.JPG

• Like 1

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

I think we're past 18" in Parker. This shoveling sucks. 

• Like 1

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Officially we got 17” in FoCo the past 24 hours. 

33 minutes ago, jacobEDGE said:

Looks like the scramble I signed up for next Sunday won’t be happening. Can’t imagine this all melting and the course being dry enough in a mere 7 days time. /sigh

The day after I told my boss I would work Sunday (before we leave on vacation) I got an email from Highland Meadows that they were having a 2man skins scramble that day. I was really disappointed I couldn’t play. Now it’s the same thing here, I can’t imagine the course being ready, they must have a couple of feet there. 

On 3/12/2021 at 6:41 PM, CDM said:

Don't they also have one of those down at The Ridge?  

Edit: oops, guess I should have read the replies before responding, saw that someone already mentioned the Ridge location.  

Edited by ASak10

1 hour ago, jacobEDGE said:

Looks like the scramble I signed up for next Sunday won’t be happening. Can’t imagine this all melting and the course being dry enough in a mere 7 days time. /sigh

Was it the scramble @ South Suburban?!?  If so, I was signed up also, but just heard from a buddy who said they just sent him a refund...

I can't imagine anyone nearby being open this weekend.  Looks like another weekend of simulator golf for me.

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
Srixon ZX 3W and Cobra RadSpeed Hybrid

:taylormade-small:P790 Irons
Cleveland CBX-2 Wedges
EVNROLL ER7 Putter
OnCore ELIXR / Srixon Q-Star Divide Golf Ball
Cart-Tek 1500li Remote Cart

PrecisionPro NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder

SkyTrak Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado // Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy

I find humor every spring when all the ball companies offer their buy 3 get 1 free deal through golf courses and some online sites and you can really see who marks things up the most. The courses all send emails the same week with prices for the exact same thing varying by as much as $40. Don't join leagues at courses with the highest prices on this deal if payouts are club shop credit.

You don't have to go all the way to Pueblo to play this weekend.  Cheyenne Shadows @ Fort Carson is open for play!!

I have a tee time for Friday morning!  That'll saves another 30+ minute drive each way.  Woohoo!!

Cleveland CBX-2 Wedges
EVNROLL ER7 Putter

SkyTrak Launch Monitor

1 hour ago, Dancin said:

Just got Raccoon Creek's email - Buy 3 get 1 Free, at $56.33 a dozen for ProV1/AVX for a total of $168.99, with tax it's about $181.66 or averages out to $45.42 a dozen

Just stupid...this is why retail stores are so troubled.  Golf courses had a banner year and yet they still try to squeeze extra profit out of us.

Buying mine on-line with free shipping, it's a no-brainer.  RockBottomGolf.com is $49.99 per dozen, plus you get a complimentary subscription to Cigar Aficionado and Wine Spectator.  But, here's the best part - I could care less about either of these magazines, so you can apply for the "No thanks refund" and get a check mailed to you for $27, the value of the unwanted magazines.

Shipping to Colorado is $9.99, plus $6 in tax comes to $166.36 (averages to $41.59 a dozen), with the $27 rebate, it comes out to $139.36 or average of $34.84.  Now you're talking!!

-- P.J.

Edited by golf4pj
  • Like 2

Cleveland CBX-2 Wedges
EVNROLL ER7 Putter

SkyTrak Launch Monitor

5 minutes ago, golf4pj said:

Just got Raccoon Creek's email - Buy 3 get 1 Free, at $56.33 a dozen for ProV1/AVX for a total of $168.99, with tax it's about $181.66 or averages out to $45.42 a dozen

Just stupid...this is why retail stores are so troubled.  Golf courses had a banner year and yet they still try to squeeze extra profit out of us.

Buying mine on-line with free shipping, it's a no-brainer.  RockBottomGolf.com is $49.99 per dozen, plus you get a complimentary subscription to Cigar Aficionado and Wine Spectator.  But, here's the best part - I could care less about either of these magazines, so you can apply for the "No thanks refund" and get a check mailed to you for $27, the value of the unwanted magazines.

Shipping to Colorado is $9.99, plus $6 in tax comes to $166.36 (averages to $41.59 a dozen), with the $27 rebate, it comes out to $139.36 or average of $34.84.  Now you're talking!!

-- P.J.

Coal Creek wants $189 including tax! That's the highest I've seen. I don't expect them to compete with the online stores, but there are courses offering them for $150s-160s and they also throw in a free round of golf