Srixon Irons wait time.

Ryan19jwu

18 hours ago, leftylama said:

Was looking at combo set of ZX5 and ZX7 but was told no ZX5 available until March/April 2022.

This is in Australia though.

I’m sure that every country is different and the international trade laws and distribution chain disruptions aren’t helping. When I contacted Srixon here in the USA a couple of weeks prior to placing the order their grips and shafts were readily available. When I knew that I was a day or two from my fitting things had changed a little bit, but I was still able to get what I wanted/ needed in a reasonable timeframe.Good luck if you go the Srixon route. I tried quite a few clubs over the past few months and they felt the best. I almost went with a combo set , but I decided on a full set of the ZX5’s. Getting older and I need all of the help that I can get.

On 11/24/2021 at 1:05 PM, JHone said:

I ordered a set of 5-AW with the 5,6,7 being ZX5 and the 8,9,Pw,Aw being ZX7.  I ordered them with Modus 105 X flex.  I ordered them on Saturday the 13th and they arrived Monday the 22nd.  I was surprised how fast they got here.  They look great and I've loved playing them the last 3 days.

That was fast, glad Srixon at least has some shafts.

question to the players who ordered the combo set, is there a reason you didnt get a full set of zx7? im trying to figure out if the smaller size of the zx7 gets through the turf easier and is less forgiving

Driver- TITLEIST TSr2 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CLEVELAND RTX-6 50/54/58 Tour Spinner 
Putter- PING  PLD Ally Blue 4

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

Mine are finally shipped.  Should get them Tuesday. Ordered August 17 or 27. So, 3.5 months and the season is over now. Hope they are great. 

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

On 12/4/2021 at 8:25 AM, ob1soccer said:

question to the players who ordered the combo set, is there a reason you didnt get a full set of zx7? im trying to figure out if the smaller size of the zx7 gets through the turf easier and is less forgiving

Yeah, I was scurrrrred. 🤣

I'm a shakey 12hcp and could no doubt use more "help", but I'm very particular about look and feel of my irons. My combo set ticks all boxes right now. Could I play a full set of zx7's? Sure could. But during a $$$ match, confidence is K I N G and every little bit helps.

Edited by rondre3000
  • Like 1

d: Epic Max | f: Rogue 3HL, Apex UW | h1: Apex Super | i: 923 HM | w: MD4 | p: Chalk Spider X SB

On 11/21/2021 at 11:40 AM, Golfermanjim said:

I ordered a set of ZX5’s on 11-08 from PGA Tour Superstore. 5-AW, Recoil 95’s, soft stepped 1x, 2 degree flat. I had chatted with Srixon prior to ordering and found out what grips and shaft’s were available. I wanted Lamkin Sonar Tour grips, which they had and I knew that I was getting graphite shafts, because of hand and back conditions. I’ve been fitted into the Recoils on two occasions, once in the summer for some 921 HMP’s that I didn’t pull the trigger on and now. They were only lacking the 9 iron shaft in the Recoils which evidently just came in. I’ve been given a ship date of 12-03 if not sooner. Thanks to my wife for the wonderful Christmas 🎁 

Well it seems that I was given some incorrect information, from Srixon😞It turns out that they didn’t get the Recoil shafts in after all. So instead of getting them for Christmas, I won’t get them until at least the middle of January, with the expected ship date of January 4th. Not a happy camper and neither is my wife. I just get tired of hearing about the supply chain disruptions, everywhere that you go. If they don’t ship by January 4th I might just cancel the order.

8 hours ago, Golfermanjim said:

Well it seems that I was given some incorrect information, from Srixon😞It turns out that they didn’t get the Recoil shafts in after all. So instead of getting them for Christmas, I won’t get them until at least the middle of January, with the expected ship date of January 4th. Not a happy camper and neither is my wife. I just get tired of hearing about the supply chain disruptions, everywhere that you go. If they don’t ship by January 4th I might just cancel the order.

Guessing you live in a area where golf is readily played in January?  If you live where it’s the doldrums of winter, it’s worth the wait!

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 11:25 AM, ob1soccer said:

I ordered a combo set of ZX5 4-6, ZX7 7-PW because I wanted extra forgiveness and distance in the long irons.

But once I actually got them in my hands and got them onto the range and the course, it turns out I much prefer the ZX7’s and they have been fantastic for me. They seem to be just as forgiving, but the feel, accuracy, control, and turf interaction have all been better for me in the ZX7 vs the ZX5.

First I switched the 6-iron to ZX7, then dropped the 4-iron, and am now planning on switching the 5-iron to a ZX7 as well. Also ordered the ZX7 AW just because I love them that much…and the AW has been amazing as well!

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

3 hours ago, VanTheMan0519 said:

Guessing you live in a area where golf is readily played in January?  If you live where it’s the doldrums of winter, it’s worth the wait!

I do. I hope so. As long as there isn’t a longer delay, I guess that January will have to do. I just don’t like paying for something and waiting months to get it.

On 12/2/2021 at 7:26 PM, rcolwell7 said:

Just ordered ZX7, 4-PW with Project X 6.5s and Lamkin Crosslines.

I was quoted 3-4 weeks from Monday. The previous Friday, it was 2 weeks.

Update:  Irons ordered via Discount Dans on 11/27, order was placed with Srixon on 11/29, they are due for delivery tomorrow 12/9.

Edited by rcolwell7
A letter.

1 hour ago, rcolwell7 said:

Update:  Irons ordered via Discount Dans on 11/27, order was placed with Srixon on 11/29, they are due for delivery tomorrow 12/9.

I think it just depends on what type of shaft that you get. I’m waiting on a Recoil 95 F4 9 iron shaft. It’s currently floating on a cargo ship 🚢, somewhere in the Pacific 🙁

39 minutes ago, Golfermanjim said:

I think it just depends on what type of shaft that you get. I’m waiting on a Recoil 95 F4 9 iron shaft. It’s currently floating on a cargo ship 🚢, somewhere in the Pacific 🙁

I did get a bit lucky with the PX6.5s being available.  Because I don't think that is the case for all manufacturers.

• Thanks 1

Had a fitting in Minneapolis last Saturday (12/4) and ordered 4 thru 6 zx5 and 7 thru approach wedge zx7 with Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S shafts and said it should take no longer than 3 months to be delivered.....yep he told me 3 months. 

They came today!!! Fitted and ordered on Saturday and sitting on my doorstep Thursday afternoon. Absolutely astounded. Snow and rain today here in Wisconsin and probably won't hit them anytime soon 😒 but I HAVE them. Good luck for the people waiting 🙂20211209_173917.jpg.1c1ca2e1b32a03647318553a9231b2f1.jpg1639094104755672727806507189220.jpg.988c6cf5e7d6afef3b63ba6ce95d6024.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave342 said:

Had a fitting in Minneapolis last Saturday (12/4) and ordered 4 thru 6 zx5 and 7 thru approach wedge zx7 with Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S shafts and said it should take no longer than 3 months to be delivered.....yep he told me 3 months. 

They came today!!! Fitted and ordered on Saturday and sitting on my doorstep Thursday afternoon. Absolutely astounded. Snow and rain today here in Wisconsin and probably won't hit them anytime soon 😒 but I HAVE them. Good luck for the people waiting 🙂20211209_173917.jpg.1c1ca2e1b32a03647318553a9231b2f1.jpg1639094104755672727806507189220.jpg.988c6cf5e7d6afef3b63ba6ce95d6024.jpg

Wow ever last one of those clubs Soles look the same. It's crazy that both model of these irons has very little difference. I'm excited about my ZX5, 5-PW

32 minutes ago, Dave342 said:

Now I’m going away mad, ordered same shaft, two different heads ZX4 and 5 combo.  Was told by Srixon no modus 105s….appears that’s not exactly true.

On 12/4/2021 at 11:25 AM, ob1soccer said:

I ordered a combo for the slightly stronger loft/lower spin in the ZX5 to keep my yardage gaps in the longer irons.  I don’t think there is meaningful difference in the ‘forgiveness’ between the two heads but there is some difference in launch conditions.

TSi3 10

TS2 16.5 & 21

G425 22 & 26

ZX7 6i - PW

Vokey 54F-14, 58K-12

Spider X