Srixon Irons wait time.

Ryan19jwu

I ordered my ZX7 irons with Modus 120s in 5-P to replace my Hogan PTx Pros in the same iron makeup.  I have DGTI s400 shafts in my Hogans that I will be pulling and installing into the Srixons once they arrive.  

Hoping that it's a quick delivery since I ordered everything stock with the set, including the grips.  

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

I got a shipping notification about my ZX7 irons being shipped.  They should arrive by Tuesday according to FedEx.  Looking forward to getting them.  I should be able to swap out the shafts on Tuesday afternoon when I get home.  

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

So my ZX7s came in on Wednesday, and I got my DGTI s400 shafts swapped out the same night.  I'm going to have to extend them 1/2" after the swap from my Hogan PTx Pros tonight.  I got them on the range yesterday on some grass, and they're better than the PTx Pros thru the turf for me, and that's saying a lot, because the Hogan irons are really good. 

I'll get them extended and adjust the lofts and lie angles tonight, and get them on the course this weekend.  I'm very excited about my round on Sunday morning.  

WITB

1 hour ago, jah7838 said:

So my ZX7s came in on Wednesday, and I got my DGTI s400 shafts swapped out the same night.  I'm going to have to extend them 1/2" after the swap from my Hogan PTx Pros tonight.  I got them on the range yesterday on some grass, and they're better than the PTx Pros thru the turf for me, and that's saying a lot, because the Hogan irons are really good. 

I'll get them extended and adjust the lofts and lie angles tonight, and get them on the course this weekend.  I'm very excited about my round on Sunday morning.  

Let us know how the lofts and lies are when you put them on the machine.  My lofts were 2 degrees stronger than specs.  Lie, length, and soft stepping were perfect.

On 9/24/2021 at 2:40 PM, jimb said:

Let us know how the lofts and lies are when you put them on the machine.  My lofts were 2 degrees stronger than specs.  Lie, length, and soft stepping were perfect.

I ordered mine all at standard loft and lie because I knew I was going to be swapping the shafts once the came in. 

After I got them extended, I adjusted the loft and lie angles. They were all 2° upright, but the lofts were pretty close to standard…maybe 1° strong?  

I tweaked them to the lofts I’ve been used to playing for years, so I ended up having to bend some of the a bit more than others. They didn’t seem too far off either way. 

• Like 1

WITB

12 hours ago, jah7838 said:

I ordered mine all at standard loft and lie because I knew I was going to be swapping the shafts once the came in. 

After I got them extended, I adjusted the loft and lie angles. They were all 2° upright, but the lofts were pretty close to standard…maybe 1° strong?  

I tweaked them to the lofts I’ve been used to playing for years, so I ended up having to bend some of the a bit more than others. They didn’t seem too far off either way. 

I am not sure why, but I hit them higher than I expected given the stronger lofts.  They are relatively forgiving and have awesome feel on pure strikes.  I really like them.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jimb said:

I am not sure why, but I hit them higher than I expected given the stronger lofts.  They are relatively forgiving and have awesome feel on pure strikes.  I really like them.

I completely agree about their forgiveness. Hit some shots that missed in the center of the face and the still had a strong flight and distance was close to what I was trying to do. 

First round with them today was good overall. Got some practice with punch outs, and they’re easier to keep low compared to the PTx pros I’d been using. Looking forward to some more rounds and range time with them in the coming weeks. 

Edited by jah7838
Typo
  • Like 1

WITB

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know how long to wait now for a single iron in graphite shaft?
(Either Recoil 460 ES or Diamana; regular flex. Standard Golf Pride grips.)

Thanks!

Callaway Paradym 10.5° Hzrdus Silver 50g stiff

Ping G400 SFT 3W 16° set to 15°

Ping G400 SFT 5W 19° set to 18°

Ping G400 SFT 7W 22° set to 21°

Ping G425 6-UW

Ping Glide Forged 54°

Ping Glide Forged 56°

Ping Glide Forged 58° bent to 60°

Scotty Cameron GOLO 5R

20 minutes ago, jtmagic said:

I ordered a set of Zx5 5 - AW with Recoil 95 F4 shafts on Sept 29 and they arrived on Oct 8.  Much faster than I expected. 

NICE!!  I ordered a split set of Zx5/Zx7 with Recoil 95 last Wednesday and was told 2-3 weeks.   Hoping they arrive faster since I’m currently ironless…

TM Mini 300 11.5 Ventus TR Blue 6

Rogue ST LS 3HL Ventus Blue 7

Epic Super Hybrid 20* Ventus HB 8

Srixon ZX MKII Utility 23* Recoil Dart 90

Srixon ZX5 5-6 Steelfiber i95

Srixon ZX7 7-AW Steelfiber i95

Edel SMS 56* V Grind Steelfiber i95

Vokey SM8 60* M grind Steelfiber i95
LAB Mezz 

On 9/5/2021 at 10:23 AM, boycer said:

I placed an order for mmt zx5 on August 20th. Was told 3-4 weeks to ship 

Well and update, I'm still waiting for mine.  Been about 6 weeks wait. Not much left in the season. 

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

23 minutes ago, boycer said:

Well and update, I'm still waiting for mine.  Been about 6 weeks wait. Not much left in the season. 

Not sure if you are interested in other options, but they built mine with my 2nd pick for shaft and offered to reshaft them for free down the road... I'll probably ship them back in December, assuming the C-Tapers are in.

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

16 minutes ago, VanTheMan0519 said:

Doesn’t look to be many custom options on the website. Are you all calling to order?

Ordered mine through Golf Galaxy.  They called to make sure everything in my order was available before we placed order. Glad they did as the grips I originally wanted would have caused a delay.  Easy change. 

15 hours ago, Myherobobhope said:

Not sure if you are interested in other options, but they built mine with my 2nd pick for shaft and offered to reshaft them for free down the road... I'll probably ship them back in December, assuming the C-Tapers are in.

Good to hear. I just sent an email to find out if it's they shafts or grips.  I think at this point I would just wait for the shafts. 

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Just to update the thread..I placed an order on Tuesday October 6th for a split set of Zx5 5-7 and Zx7 8-AW with recoil shafts.. to my surprise they arrived this morning.  The AW was missing (on back order) but rest of the set arrived as ordered.  I couldn’t believe how quick they got here. 

Edited by chamgel2
  • Like 1

LAB Mezz 

6 hours ago, chamgel2 said:

Just to update the thread..I placed an order on Tuesday October 6th for a split set of Zx5 5-7 and Zx7 8-AW with recoil shafts.. to my surprise they arrived this morning.  The AW was missing (on back order) but rest of the set arrived as ordered.  I couldn’t believe how quick they got here. 

Curious where you ordered through? Straight through Srixon or from a different site/vendor?

Driver: Ping G430LST - Diamana GT 60tx

3 Wood:  TM Stealth 3W - Diamana GT 70tx

5 Wood: Ping G430 Max 5W - Tensei Pro Orange 80tx

Irons: Taylormade P770 4-PW - Modus 130s

Wedges: Vokey SM8 50.14F Modus 130x, SM9 54.12 - 58.12 - Modus 130x 

Putter: Ping PLD Anser 

1 minute ago, ScottHutch2 said:

Curious where you ordered through? Straight through Srixon or from a different site/vendor?

Discount Dan’s.. they quoted me 2-3 weeks but it showed up in less than a week…

LAB Mezz 

On 9/16/2021 at 1:37 PM, Stiggs said:

I spoke with Srixon Canada. They said I should receive my ZX4 5-A C-Taper 120S by early October. Ordered July 15th.

From following this thread I feel I probably shouldn't get my hopes up.

Gave up on the c-tapers.

Changed the shafts to Project X LZ 6.0 and a few of the heads (to zx5s) on September 24th.

Now I'm just getting the feeling that I'm not gonna see these irons this season. 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stiggs said:

Gave up on the c-tapers.

Changed the shafts to Project X LZ 6.0 and a few of the heads (to zx5s) on September 24th.

Now I'm just getting the feeling that I'm not gonna see these irons this season. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Any idea if they received their c taper shipment? I ordered a set last week was told 3-4 weeks 120 stiff 

5 minutes ago, BostonWRX said:

Any idea if they received their c taper shipment? I ordered a set last week was told 3-4 weeks 120 stiff 

From what I know they have not had c-taper 120 s shafts in a while. 

My fitter made an order with that shaft back in mid July. 9 weeks later I was told they should be in around November. I didn't want to wait till then, so I swapped to the PX LZ 6.0. Still waiting. 🙃

Ordered 5-AW with modus 105 in early Sep, I got the 5-PW about a week later but still no AW for some reason 6 weeks from when I ordered. AW seems sold out 

Titleist TSR3 10* | Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Titleist TSR2 15* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7S

Callaway UW 19* | Graphite Design Tour AD MJ 8X

Titleist T350 4I | True Temper AMT Red S300

Titleist T200 5-GW | Project X IO 6.0 

Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 54* Mid | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Callaway RTX6 Zipcore Raw 60* Low | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 | BGT Stability Carbon

Srixon Z Star Diamond

20 minutes ago, minhjn said:

Ordered 5-AW with modus 105 in early Sep, I got the 5-PW about a week later but still no AW for some reason 6 weeks from when I ordered. AW seems sold out 

Im waiting on my AW too, was told it was on back order and would be in sometime in the next week or so. 

LAB Mezz 

Think I ordered the 5-pw zx5 with mmt 105. Discount Dan's said hopefully by the end of the month. Waiting on heads and shafts. 

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

23 hours ago, BostonWRX said:

I ordered full set of ZX7s with C Taper 130s in early June (was quoted 4-6 weeks at the time, so I take everything with a grain of salt at this point). The latest I heard -- as of about a month ago -- was that Srixon expected to finally get a shipment from KBS in mid-November. Haven't heard anything since.

44 minutes ago, MaineGolfNut said:

I ordered full set of ZX7s with C Taper 130s in early June (was quoted 4-6 weeks at the time, so I take everything with a grain of salt at this point). The latest I heard -- as of about a month ago -- was that Srixon expected to finally get a shipment from KBS in mid-November. Haven't heard anything since.

Ouch…..

7 hours ago, MaineGolfNut said:

Yeah, really glad I swapped to the project x… I’ll send them back to have them reshafted in December (hopefully)… can’t believe how delayed the c tapers have been…

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore