2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Srixon Irons wait time.

Ryan19jwu

On 8/12/2021 at 10:15 AM, KenEvil said:

I placed my order (C-taper 130X) at the end of April. Still no clubs but as given a loaner set with Tour X shafts to use until my order arrives, and they threw in a dozen Z-Star balls. Can't complain about the customer service with them, just a supply issue that everyone is dealing with. 

Have you gotten any updated on when the clubs will arrive? I'm on a much shorter wait time (ordered mine in July) but I'm impatient to receive them... Granted, they also told me the C-Tapers were in stock and it wouldn't be more than 2-3 weeks.

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

Has anyone had any success contacting Srixon? My club pro hasn’t heard anything (whether he’s pursued answers is a different question) and I haven’t heard back from the srixon email Support…

I’d just like an eta of when the clubs are going to be here… rep told me when I ordered them it would be 3 weeks… then I heard next week (which was last week) and now “middle of august”…

im more frustrated with the lack of information than I am the lack of clubs… anyone have any suggestions?

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

I am still waiting for my zx5 4iron. My fitter called yesterday and explained that the px shaft was in. Last component is the head, which is due next week. Then production and delivery. Still holding late Aug, early Sept. Which is what they said when I got the rest of my combo set in July. Not sure who they are talking to at srixon, though.

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone 9' w/ Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5

3Wood: Cobra King Radspeed Big Tour 14.5' w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 6.5

Hybrid: Cobra King Radspeed 2 Hybrid 17' w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.5

Irons: Srixon ZX5 (4 & 5 iron), Srixon ZX7 (6 thru AW) w/ Project X T 6.5

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 54/10S and 58/8M w/ Project X T 6.5

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Teryllium II Santa Fe

My final iron (ZX5 4iron) came in today. Final delivery details:

ZX7 6-AW + ZX5 5iron, px 6.5 shafts, lengthened and upright, midsized plus 4 grips

- 9 weeks from order to delivery

ZX5 4iron, same specs

- 12 weeks, 6 days from order to delivery

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone 9' w/ Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.5

3Wood: Cobra King Radspeed Big Tour 14.5' w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 6.5

Hybrid: Cobra King Radspeed 2 Hybrid 17' w/ Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.5

Irons: Srixon ZX5 (4 & 5 iron), Srixon ZX7 (6 thru AW) w/ Project X T 6.5

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 54/10S and 58/8M w/ Project X T 6.5

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Teryllium II Santa Fe

Well, I put in another order with Srixon. After getting a ZX5 4 and 5-iron to combo with my Z 785’s, I’ve quickly fallen in love with the extra forgiveness and distance of the ZX5’s!

Thought about going with all ZX5’s, but prefer the traditional lofts of the ZX7’s in the short irons, and the feel and control with the ZX7’s I’m sure will be lovely.

So I’ve ordered a ZX5 6-iron 1* weak and ZX7’s in 7-PW! All will be 2* Up and 1.5” long with Modus3 Tour 120 S Shafts…can’t wait!!

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

On 8/19/2021 at 2:20 PM, MaineGolfNut said:

It's now been 10 weeks since my order (June 11), and I still have no ETA on fulfillment. Specs are ZX7 4-AW with KBS C-Taper 130x

I'm still waiting for an update from Customer Service... I sent a follow up email this morning... We shall see if they actually got the C-Tapers in this week (which they were supposed to)... I was told "first week of september" which is either this week or next week depending on how weasel wordy they are being.

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

Still waiting on an update... I'm not amused with Srixon at this point... Customer service has been absurdly slow. I e-mailed Monday and haven' heard back yet.

Probably the last Srixon clubs I buy.

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

2 hours ago, Myherobobhope said:

Still waiting on an update... I'm not amused with Srixon at this point... Customer service has been absurdly slow. I e-mailed Monday and haven' heard back yet.

Probably the last Srixon clubs I buy.

Welcome to 2021. All manufacturers are dealing with this. They can't get shafts, grips, along with manpower and shipping issues. Take a peak at the PING g425 wait time thread and get a look at those wait times. 

I'm guessing CS doesn't have an answer for you as they are at the mercy of the shaft manufacturer. Good luck.

Edited by AzSuperHack76
sp.
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, AzSuperHack76 said:

Welcome to 2021. All manufacturers dealing with this. They can't get shafts, grips, along with manpower and shipping issues. Take a peak at the PING g425 wait time thread and get a look at those wait times. 

I'm guessing CS doesn't have an answer for you as they are at the mercy of the shaft manufacturer. Good luck.

Agree with this. I don't blame either my fitter or the clubmakers for the delays themselves. I think they could do a better job being transparent about the delays though. It would probably mean fewer sales, but also much better expectation management. In my case, I'm willing to ride this out a bit longer for my Srixon irons but just asked to cancel my parallel order for some Ping wedges. Enough time has gone by that there are already new products/versions, and it now looks like a local fitter will be able to get me in a newer version with the same shafts I ordered previously with in-stock items.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaineGolfNut said:

Agree with this. I don't blame either my fitter or the clubmakers for the delays themselves. I think they could do a better job being transparent about the delays though. It would probably mean fewer sales, but also much better expectation management. In my case, I'm willing to ride this out a bit longer for my Srixon irons but just asked to cancel my parallel order for some Ping wedges. Enough time has gone by that there are already new products/versions, and it now looks like a local fitter will be able to get me in a newer version with the same shafts I ordered previously with in-stock items.

Yeah, that’s where I’m at overall… I get that they have a ton of orders waiting, but I’m tired of not knowing… they’ve offered me a stop gap solution with modus 120s, but I don’t think they will work.

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

I also was recently offered different shafts than what I ordered if I actually wanted to receive my irons anytime soon. I declined. I went to a decent amount of trouble (and fairly significant expense) to get fitted for the shafts that supposedly are best for my swing. Kind of hilarious actually that the clubfitting industry -- which has convinced everyone that getting a fancy custom fitting is crucial to improving your game -- falls back on "well hey, we've got these totally different shafts laying around including one you tested and didn't like and one you didn't even test and is really different... why don't you take one of these instead?" 🤔

Edited by MaineGolfNut
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MaineGolfNut said:

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed... (and, lets be honest, mad).

On the "it's not their fault"... I mean, it kindof is... granted the whole economy is based on Just in Time inventory, but when I ordered the clubs, I specifically asked if there was a back order and was told there wasn't... I wish I had come here first and checked...  The rep is new to Srixon, but we should have both known better. 

That said, I've been patient and kind to everyone I've dealt with. I haven't said things like "this is ridiculous" to anyone but my wife... I'm frustrated, and it's not entirely their fault... the fact that we are almost 8 weeks past the day I ordered and they still don't have an ETA makes me wonder if the supply chain is REALLY that messed up (possible) or if people had been coasting on "this is how long things normally take" and didn't really understand their own supply chain (possible)... the two aren't mutually exclusive, and Srixon doesn't have any excuses for not having a better working knowledge of it's own supply chain... hopefully they learn from this catastrophic failure, but who knows?

I've also been offered the "closest fit they have in stock"... which is a Modus 120. I want 130 gram shafts, so this isn't a great fit... though they've offered to reshaft them free of charge down the road... I'm just not sure at this point how far down the road that would be. 

I don't know anymore... I was very excited to order new irons, and now I'm just frustrated... I might go to my local fitter and try some more stuff and see if I can get something in quicker... I wouldn't have minded the delay if I had known it was coming, but I was given multiple "it will be here by X" in this process, and that's what frustrates me.

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

I originally had a set of Callaway Apex 21 irons on order.  There was an indication on the Callaway website that it would be about a two to three week order completion.  Nothing special with the irons in terms of custom shafts.  When I saw the details of my order it said they would be shipped by the end of November.  I called Callaway to double check on that and they told me that the November date was about right because two iron heads in the set were on backorder.

Before I ordered the Apex I was considering the Srixon Zx7 and the Titleist T100s models.  I love Callaway equipment and they are a very customer friendly company, but I decided to go Srixon.  I canceled the Apex and ordered the Srixons.  According to what I read the order should be completed by the end of next week.  Unlike some others on here who are seeing major delays in delivery I was ordering the Nippon Modus 3 stock offering plus 1/4" and 2 degrees up lie angle.  That's probably why I am 'hopefully' not going to see a delay like some have reported here.  My last set of Srixons were the Z765 irons and I liked them.  The new Srixons are Endo forged and that is a plus.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 1:19 PM, Myherobobhope said:

Ha... that fits with what I've heard... here's hoping they are getting enough of the 130x to fulfill all the orders (or at least up until mine!)... Can't believe some people have been waiting since April!

The only thing that bothers me is the sales rep specifically told me the C-Tapers were in stock... he's new to Srixon, but not new to the industry... so I wish he had known better.

Not specific to Srixon, but I ordered a different vendor's irons on May 2nd, and they didn't arrive just recently - almost 4 months - due to delays on C-Taper 130X shafts for the 9-PW.

At one point I contacted KBS directly just asking how long delays were for the 130X (not specific to my order) and they gave a vague response about having none available and working on it. But it just seems the 130X is pretty backordered across the board.

• Like 1

Driver Callaway Epic Max LS 9º 

3W / 5W / 7W Ping G425 Max

4i-GW Titleist 2019 T100 

SW Kirkland 56º 

Putter Odyssey Ten S

23 minutes ago, twentyfour said:

Not specific to Srixon, but I ordered a different vendor's irons on May 2nd, and they didn't arrive just recently - almost 4 months - due to delays on C-Taper 130X shafts for the 9-PW.

At one point I contacted KBS directly just asking how long delays were for the 130X (not specific to my order) and they gave a vague response about having none available and working on it. But it just seems the 130X is pretty backordered across the board.

And this seems like information the rep should have had when I got fit in july…

I get they don’t have control from their suppliers… but I would have loved to know how long it would be when I ordered them.

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

Hey guys. I ordered a mix set of zx5 (4-5 iron) ZX7 (6-pw) 2* flat stock shaft and grip on 8/23 through 2nd Swing.  Had them in hand on 8/30. I just ordered the ZX7 AW and got a FedEx notification that it shipped and will be here Tuesday. 

• Like 1

Ping G425 LST 10.5*
Ping G425 LST 14.5
Taylormade Sim max hybrid 19*

Srixon ZX5 4 iron & 5 iron
Srixon ZX7 6-AW
Vokey SM8 54.10S and 60.04L
Evnroll ER5 black

I've called on a few occasions for my orders of Srixon woods and Cleveland wedges and have gotten right through. The customer service representatives are always very nice and willing to help and give me actual date projections on component availability. For those who are just sending email - I'd recommend giving them a call. I've had good luck that way.

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway AI Smoke TD 8 degree w/ Ventus TR 6X
Fairway: TaylorMade RBZ Tour 14.5 w/Tensei CK White 70TX

Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue 11 18 degree X flex, Adams Idea Pro 23 X flex
Irons: New Level 623 CB w/Tour Issue DG X100 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zip Core 52, 58 KBS 610 S+ 
Putter: Makefield
Ball: 2024 Chrome Tour X