PXG Putter Feedback

jonskelly91

1 hour ago, endy said:

Will be interested to see how the Bat Attack fares against the Operator. Once the Operator is dialed in, I just don't know if there is anything out there that can unseat it. 

I ordered it on the spot. If the operator and closer had a baby...it's the bat attack. The br bat attack is every bit as balanced as the operator. It does not lack stability. Don't know if it's as stable as the operator, but it's really close. 

THE best thing...it's firm off the face like the closer but has that "can't miss inside 10 feet" feel of the operator. I rolled about 10 putts and said "let's order it". 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

I ordered it on the spot. If the operator and closer had a baby...it's the bat attack. The br bat attack is every bit as balanced as the operator. It does not lack stability. Don't know if it's as stable as the operator, but it's really close. 

THE best thing...it's firm off the face like the closer but has that "can't miss inside 10 feet" feel of the operator. I rolled about 10 putts and said "let's order it". 

Shut yer mouth right now ! Damn u 😂. Did they mention whether or not they were going back to black shafts 

Edited by endy

6 minutes ago, endy said:

Shut yer mouth right now ! Damn u 😂. Did they mention whether or not they were going back to black shafts 

Lol. It is really, really good. I thought it would be soft off the face, but it wasn't. I was able to putt it on a slowish green that was a bit bumpy and it got to the hole easily. First 4 putts were from about 12 feet with about 4 inches a break, 2 l-r and 2 r-l...made 3 of 4. Then putted long ones. Then putted a few from about 6 feet...I was sold. The balance is perfect...cannot feel where the CoG is. It doesn't waiver offline. At $229...sold. Just listed my mini gunboat. The mini-g isn't in the same league.

I didn't ask about the shaft. It doesn't matter to me. They are probably still chrome tho.

Edited by getitdaily
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, endy said:

I can’t get away from the Operator right now, rolling it too well haha. I’m sure I’ll do some tinkering this winter though like always 😂

My operator isn't going anywhere either. But the bar attack seems to be just as good but firmer off the face. I used it on the front 9 today and with the CoG more forward compared to the operator, I didn't hit a single putt that hopped off initial contact. That's big for long putts for me. With it firmer off the face, the same length putt needs less stroke. I will have to get used to playing less break.

• Like 1

I just put my 42" armlock Bat Attack in the bag.  It has 6* of loft.  I am seeing similar results as getidaily, the face is hot and I am seeing a better roll than the Evnroll midlock.  My ball is rolling sooner and better than the Evnroll, hence it went in the bag for a tourney this weekend.  The face has a different sound, I am not cray about it, it is kind of a pingy sound, not muter or a thud, but higher pitched.  I am okay with it though since the ball is starting on my line and rolling better. 

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

17 hours ago, Hstead said:

I just put my 42" armlock Bat Attack in the bag.  It has 6* of loft.  I am seeing similar results as getidaily, the face is hot and I am seeing a better roll than the Evnroll midlock.  My ball is rolling sooner and better than the Evnroll, hence it went in the bag for a tourney this weekend.  The face has a different sound, I am not cray about it, it is kind of a pingy sound, not muter or a thud, but higher pitched.  I am okay with it though since the ball is starting on my line and rolling better. 

Yeah I was surprised at the sound off the face. I was expecting a solid thud, much like the closer. But it's an almost hollow pingy tock sound and feel. Not bad, just different. It's clearly from the way they attached the tungsten to the aluminum. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hstead said:

The next step is to replace the stock shaft they throw in that thing.  My armlock Bat Attack had noticable shaft bend on 6 foot putts.  I put a Stability Shaft in and LOVE the feel of the putter now in addition to rolling the ball extremely true.

You wouldn't have to go as expensive as I did shaft wise, but a stiffer shaft is a must imo as the headweight is just too heavy for the standard putter shaft they use as stock.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheDominator273 said:

The next step is to replace the stock shaft they throw in that thing.  My armlock Bat Attack had noticable shaft bend on 6 foot putts.  I put a Stability Shaft in and LOVE the feel of the putter now in addition to rolling the ball extremely true.

You wouldn't have to go as expensive as I did shaft wise, but a stiffer shaft is a must imo as the headweight is just too heavy for the standard putter shaft they use as stock.

I just so happen to have a Stability shaft I haven't used in the garage.  It was ordered for a LAB though, not sure the shaft diameter is correct.  

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Srixon Z Star XV

I keep looking at the BR Bat Attack and so tempted to order it. I'm rolling my current putter fairly well so there is no need to change it. If PXG drops the price then not sure I could stop myself from pulling the trigger 🙂

Taylor Made BRNR 11.5*

Taylor Made Stealth 2 + 5 wood

Honma TR21 7 wood

Honma TW-X 5-11

Edel SMS 54*, 58*

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

40 minutes ago, pdxhak said:

I keep looking at the BR Bat Attack and so tempted to order it. I'm rolling my current putter fairly well so there is no need to change it. If PXG drops the price then not sure I could stop myself from pulling the trigger 🙂

They have been up and down with pricing a lot the last year. Keep a watch on them. You missed the last opportunity...through labor day weekend the br putters were $239 list...bought my bat attack then, just because of the price.

And the Battle Ready Brandon would feel and sound “better” because it is all 303 milled and not multi material? (Aside from the weights and tungsten pieces).

I really like the smooth flange line (like SWAG and Ping Voss) and the bumpers look smooth. 

Because the hosel is interchangeable, does that have a negative impact on feel?

I called an inquired about the toe hang for the plumber neck and the call center was not aware. I have to think it is more than what is pictured on the website (funny in that Battle Ready picture on the website shows way less toe hang than the picture for Gen 2)

Talk me into a Brandon + make sense to wait until Black Friday?

On 9/28/2021 at 3:21 PM, SDGolfRookie said:

And the Battle Ready Brandon would feel and sound “better” because it is all 303 milled and not multi material? (Aside from the weights and tungsten pieces).

I really like the smooth flange line (like SWAG and Ping Voss) and the bumpers look smooth. 

Because the hosel is interchangeable, does that have a negative impact on feel?

I called an inquired about the toe hang for the plumber neck and the call center was not aware. I have to think it is more than what is pictured on the website (funny in that Battle Ready picture on the website shows way less toe hang than the picture for Gen 2)

Talk me into a Brandon + make sense to wait until Black Friday?

Toe hang is more than pictured on the website for the Brandon. Both plumbers necks.

DA8B9104-B6FB-4140-9496-98B7C43A9ED7.jpeg

• Like 2

TSR3 9.0 Ventus TR Black 6-X

TSR3 3 wood Ventus Blue 8-TX

M5 5 wood Ventus Blue 9-TX

TSR3 4 hybrid Tour AD DI-105X

T100 4-5/ 716 CB 6-PW X100

SM9 54D, 59V Modus 125W
LAB DF3 34” TPT     ‘24 TP5X

My BR BA is heading back to AZ.  The hosel is not solidly seated into the putter head.  It moves heel to toe.  Called PXG, sent a picture and a video.  Hopefully will have a return label and get it back ASAP.

• Like 1

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Srixon Z Star XV

52 minutes ago, Hstead said:

My BR BA is heading back to AZ.  The hosel is not solidly seated into the putter head.  It moves heel to toe.  Called PXG, sent a picture and a video.  Hopefully will have a return label and get it back ASAP.

Their customer service is top notch. They should take great care of this. 

• Like 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

10 hours ago, SDGolfRookie said:

Have many/any other encountered the hosel issue? That’s awesome PXG is so good with support. They are building a nice brand over there.

I haven't and I've bought and sold 5 or 6 (kept 2) in the last year. They are fulfilling a lot of orders. I can easily see where they will not turn a wrench enough while trying to get stuff put together and shipped. 

Suck for you that the quality issue presented, but they'll fix it. 

• Like 2

The Battle Ready Mustang is in the bag. Nice, lively face and the speed maintained on off-center hits is impressive. Sets up really well.

E9C53EDD-00DF-445D-8365-86D2C3330C7F.jpeg.b1a62f6664d90a6b00e654939d9de3cd.jpeg

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

41 minutes ago, dmeeksDC said:

The Battle Ready Mustang is in the bag. Nice, lively face and the speed maintained on off-center hits is impressive. Sets up really well.

E9C53EDD-00DF-445D-8365-86D2C3330C7F.jpeg.b1a62f6664d90a6b00e654939d9de3cd.jpeg

Yep, one of the hotter off the face putters of theirs. Loved the way it setup...all those square lines. Just wasnt nearly as good as the operator so I knee it wouldn't ever get gamed...everything has lost to the operator.  Time to stop trying...