2 ball ten

jomatty

I took my new putter out for a couple rounds this week and I really like it.  The first time out with it I got to the course late and didn’t get to warm up.  On the first hole I had a tricky 15 footer, strainght down hill, and made it for birdie on its maiden putt on real grass.  A good way to start that gave me some serious confidence.  

Alignment is one of my issues and I like the two ball design for that, but have just never liked the feel of the putter.  The ten/spider shape is much more to my liking.  Using the 2 ball tour lined is really a good set up for my particular shortcomings as a putter, and combined with a line on the ball, really helps me start it on line.  

It is the first putter I’ve had with the micro hinge insert and I wasn’t sure I loved it at first.  As I used it more I started to gain confidence though, as the ball kept going in the hole (amazing how that will change your mind).  I’ve been alternating between a Scotty golo and a Toulon Las Vegas, and the insert was relatively easy to adjust to, although I did struggle with the longer putts some.

I know a lot of people are not fans of the stroke lab shafts, but I like them, and really liked the overall feel of this putter.  I imagine that will be something people either love or hate, as it does change the feel, but I am digging it.  It came with an over size  grip that I planned on swapping out, but I’m not messing with it until it cools off 😂.  

In conclusion, please let this honeymoon period last!!!

• Like 1

Rolled the 2 ball ten at PGA SS was very impressed. One putter in the rack that would make me switch. Love the stoke lad shaft too. Just feels balanced and swings nicely. May go back again and try it. Brought my ProV1 balls with me and it felt amazing off the face. 

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Just went back to PGA SS. The 33” Slant neck 2 ball ten will be my next putter. Love the feel off the face and the putter just flows. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I went in thinking I was going to pick up a 2ball ten slant neck with sight line.  The putter is large and felt like it wanted to sit closed when placed down on the ground.  It rolls the ball nice though.  Then I tried TM's new Spider EX with the new insert which I actually preferred much more.  Going to go back next weekend to PGASS and give both another run and make a decision.  

Edited by Redbird

41 minutes ago, Redbird said:

I went in thinking I was going to pick up a 2ball ten slant neck with sight line.  The putter is large and felt like it wanted to sit closed when placed down on the ground.  It rolls the ball nice though.  Then I tried TM's new Spider EX with the new insert which I actually preferred much more.  Going to go back next weekend to PGASS and give both another run and make a decision.  

Can’t see how the 10 would look closed to anyone. If anything it sits open with all that weight hanging on the back. Maybe you found a dud...

I liked the Spider EX a lot more than I thought I would. The alignment looked too busy in pictures but worked well in person. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redbird said:

I also tried the new Spider and it was good, but felt like the stability of the ten was better for me. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

21 minutes ago, MattUtah said:

Can’t see how the 10 would look closed to anyone. If anything it sits open with all that weight hanging on the back. Maybe you found a dud...

I liked the Spider EX a lot more than I thought I would. The alignment looked too busy in pictures but worked well in person. 

Could have been, it was the only slant neck with line in the place.  I agree the Spider looks a bit busy in terms of alignment, but the feel off the face was impressive.  The flow neck was a bonus.  

I went in to Golf Exchange looking for grips, and walked out with a 2 ball 10s.  Made everything on the green and on their perfect practice.  I know it’s a rookie mistake buying a putter this way, but I loved everything about it.

The new 10s do seem to sit more square than the original.  

Edited by MillerTime859

2 hours ago, Redbird said:

Right after I ordered the 10 I started seeing pictures of the new spiders. I was sort of bummed I didn’t wait to try them both before pulling the trigger. I was relieved that I got along so well with the 10 when it arrived...I haven’t seen the new spiders in person though so no way to know which I like betterI haven’t seen the new spiders in person though so no way to know which I like better

17 hours ago, intobenme said:

I pre-ordered a 33” 2ball 10s and really like it so far. I’ve played a blade putter my entire life so it’s been an interesting experience but so far, so good. Didn’t feel like waiting for the Scotty 11.5 slant.

When did you order it and when did you receive it?   I pre-ordered and still hasn't shipped yet.  

I needed about two rolls on the indoor green at the golf store and i was sold

• Like 3

Titleist TSR3 10* | Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Titleist TSR2 15* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7S

Callaway UW 19* | Graphite Design Tour AD MJ 8X

Titleist T350 4I | True Temper AMT Red S300

Titleist T200 5-GW | Project X IO 6.0 

Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 54* Mid | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Callaway RTX6 Zipcore Raw 60* Low | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 | BGT Stability Carbon

Srixon Z Star Diamond

On 3/13/2021 at 2:36 PM, MattUtah said:

Yess... to all taylor made especially putter buyer out there... please check your putters before purchase. I went througg a whole rack ata golf store of spider Xs last year... they all had some kind of crookedness defect to them. Very strange but could happen.

On 3/13/2021 at 3:46 PM, jomatty said:

Right after I ordered the 10 I started seeing pictures of the new spiders. I was sort of bummed I didn’t wait to try them both before pulling the trigger. I was relieved that I got along so well with the 10 when it arrived...I haven’t seen the new spiders in person though so no way to know which I like betterI haven’t seen the new spiders in person though so no way to know which I like better

I really loved the feel of the new spider insert.  My Platinum EX with flow neck was delivered yesterday. It will be a shoot out between my OG 7s.  

I picked up a 2 ball TEN tour lined yesterday and had a round this morning. I like the microhinge star insert feel, stiff enough, compares to white hot. Not as responsive as my SC Flowback5 but close to. The alignment is very easy and the ball rolls perfectly. My normal issue is short but today I pretty much passed the holes all the time. Very good at mid / long range lag putting. Only one 3-putt. Now I need to practice more to start making biridies 🙂

• Like 1

First round and I was absolutely unconscious with this thing. I made a lot of long putts. Don't think I hit a bad putt all day really. If I missed it was the read. Loving it after one round

113849E1-0383-4470-8CBA-1D4C2D63C2B3.png

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 10* | Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Titleist TSR2 15* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7S

Callaway UW 19* | Graphite Design Tour AD MJ 8X

Titleist T350 4I | True Temper AMT Red S300

Titleist T200 5-GW | Project X IO 6.0 

Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 54* Mid | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Callaway RTX6 Zipcore Raw 60* Low | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 | BGT Stability Carbon

Srixon Z Star Diamond

Anyone knows if 33-35” all share the same shaft & grip? I know from the spec on website it states all heads are 365g. I’m thinking to shorten my 2 ball TEN tour Lind from 34 to 33, as we don’t have 33 here. But I’m not sure if this will make it to be the same as 33 from stock. I tried 2 ball TEN triple track S in both 33 & 34, felt 33 fits me better.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gioria126 said:

Anyone knows if 33-35” all share the same shaft & grip? I know from the spec on website it states all heads are 365g. I’m thinking to shorten my 2 ball TEN tour Lind from 34 to 33, as we don’t have 33 here. But I’m not sure if this will make it to be the same as 33 from stock. I tried 2 ball TEN triple track S in both 33 & 34, felt 33 fits me better.

Wondering the same thing about heads weights. I would be needing a 33”. 

• Like 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

11 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

Wondering the same thing about heads weights. I would be needing a 33”. 

The head weights are all 365g for all length. Also the grip is the same as well. The only difference is the length of the shaft, and “maybe” the grip weight (something looks like a bullet, see below photo) they put in the butt end of the shaft. I didn’t know whether they put different ones in different length, but mine is 30g in my 34”. Anyway I simply shortened to 33” and put back the same weight. After putting in indoor mat I feel the distance control is better now. Will try couple rounds to see how it goes.

3369FDF2-20F5-41AA-9070-8F547151AB9A.png

Edited by gioria126
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, gioria126 said:

The head weights are all 365g for all length. Also the grip is the same as well. The only difference is the length of the shaft, and “maybe” the grip weight (something looks like a bullet, see below photo) they put in the butt end of the shaft. I didn’t know whether they put different ones in different length, but mine is 30g in my 34”. Anyway I simply shortened to 33” and put back the same weight. After putting in indoor mat I feel the distance control is better now. Will try couple rounds to see how it goes.

3369FDF2-20F5-41AA-9070-8F547151AB9A.png

Did not know that. Thanks man. 

• Like 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

This putter tempts me. . I struggle so much with my alignment and this will cure me, lol. 

What struck me about these putters is from address it somehow doesn’t look massive. Almost looks like it’s super thin, it’s weird. But damn they roll so well. Going to take my Spider in for bait tomorrow. 

Edited by Kmac

if they offered the tour lined 2 ball for lefty i'd get it...I rolled the 2 ball slant at carl's and it was really easy to line up and very stable.  I'd consider getting the regular 2 ball and having a line painted on...but not sure it is worth the hassle.

10 played at 9.25 TSI2 w/ Ventus Black 6x

16.5 degree TSI2 w/ Ventus Blue 7x

19 degree Sim Max Hybrid w/ Ventus Blue 8x/ZXU 3 Recoil 95 f5

ZXU 4 w/ Recoil 95 F5

5-p ZX7 Nippon Modus 120x 

SM8 52f/56S/60D 

Bettinardi Inovai 6.0, Sik Flo w/ LAGolf Shaft, Toulon Las Vegas, Special Select Newport 2 custom, Bettinardi Queen B 6