2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

2 ball ten

jomatty

So I went to practice green for an hour of putting with my shortened 2-ball TEN tour lined. Distance control is better but I feel most of time missed short. When I want to put more speed on it, it passed the hole a bit too far. Will replace it with lighter or heavier weights (stock is 15g x 2, will change to 10g x 2 or 20g x 2) and see how it goes. But the ball definitely rolls in the line very well.

On 3/28/2021 at 6:58 PM, Kmac said:

This putter tempts me. . I struggle so much with my alignment and this will cure me, lol. 

What struck me about these putters is from address it somehow doesn’t look massive. Almost looks like it’s super thin, it’s weird. But damn they roll so well. Going to take my Spider in for bait tomorrow. 

The face height has such a low profile that I feel like it promotes a slightly upward stroke which is ideal for putting 

Titleist TSR3 10* | Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Titleist TSR2 15* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7S

Callaway UW 19* | Graphite Design Tour AD MJ 8X

Titleist T350 4I | True Temper AMT Red S300

Titleist T200 5-GW | Project X IO 6.0 

Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 54* Mid | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Callaway RTX6 Zipcore Raw 60* Low | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 | BGT Stability Carbon

Srixon Z Star Diamond

On 3/29/2021 at 8:32 AM, gioria126 said:

So I went to practice green for an hour of putting with my shortened 2-ball TEN tour lined. Distance control is better but I feel most of time missed short. When I want to put more speed on it, it passed the hole a bit too far. Will replace it with lighter or heavier weights (stock is 15g x 2, will change to 10g x 2 or 20g x 2) and see how it goes. But the ball definitely rolls in the line very well.

Does it come with a weight kit?

Once I get mine the grip I will be adding is 20grams heavier and I have 2 20gram weights to added some total mass as I find the overall weight abit low. 

Titleist TSR3 9 Ventus Black TR 6X 
Titleist TSR3 15 Tensei Av Raw Orange 75TX 

Callaway UW 19 Tensei AV Raw Blue 85TX
4 - AW Titleist T100s Project X 6.5 

Cleveland RTX Zip Raw, 54, FullFace 58 Project X 6.5 wedge

L.A.B Golf Mezz1 35/71 Garsen Quad Tour
Titleist Pro V1 2023

On 3/26/2021 at 11:05 PM, gioria126 said:

Anyone knows if 33-35” all share the same shaft & grip? I know from the spec on website it states all heads are 365g. I’m thinking to shorten my 2 ball TEN tour Lind from 34 to 33, as we don’t have 33 here. But I’m not sure if this will make it to be the same as 33 from stock. I tried 2 ball TEN triple track S in both 33 & 34, felt 33 fits me better.

I usually play a 33 inch putter, but got a 34 2 ball ten. I was in the store and making everything with the 34- I choked down with oversized grip and it just felt fantastic- so, I’m really playing it at 33. I didn’t think I would like the oversized grip, but it’s shape is perfect for me as I putt left hand low. 

• Like 1

I have to say I’m a big fan of the oversized grip, which I didn’t think I would be. But it has a reversed taper and I put left hand low, so the extra thickness in my left hand feel great. 
This is my first two ball putter and I love the  confidence it inspires with the tour line- just point and shoot. 
The microhinge insert feels good- very subtle click and it’s soft, but not too soft. 
Finally, the stroke lab shaft is great- it gives you a great feel for the head without it having to be too heavy. 

2 hours ago, Honeybadger said:

I have to say I’m a big fan of the oversized grip, which I didn’t think I would be. But it has a reversed taper and I put left hand low, so the extra thickness in my left hand feel great. 
This is my first two ball putter and I love the  confidence it inspires with the tour line- just point and shoot. 
The microhinge insert feels good- very subtle click and it’s soft, but not too soft. 
Finally, the stroke lab shaft is great- it gives you a great feel for the head without it having to be too heavy. 

I agree with all of this.  The stroke lab oversize grip is so so good.  I also have been playing it long and choking down.  Bought a 35 and have been gripping down an inch or so.  It feels very good

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 10* | Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Titleist TSR2 15* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7S

Callaway UW 19* | Graphite Design Tour AD MJ 8X

Titleist T350 4I | True Temper AMT Red S300

Titleist T200 5-GW | Project X IO 6.0 

Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 54* Mid | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Callaway RTX6 Zipcore Raw 60* Low | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 | BGT Stability Carbon

Srixon Z Star Diamond

Tried out the triple track 2 ball 10 today at a PGA store, felt really nice. I wonder if the new stroke lab shaft is that much different than the last one, Callaway website says its a new shaft. Loved the feel, felt like I was making really good putting strokes with it.

Was thinking about the normal/original triple track 2 ball or the non 2 ball triple track 10, found a good deal on them. If I don't get those I might just wait till the new triple track 2 ball 10 is available on CPO.

Callaway Mavrik 9*

Honma 747 3W 15*

Honma 747 5W 18*

Honma TW-X 4-11

Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 56*/60*

2019 Toulon San Diego

So, first time on the course with my new 10 two ball tour lined and can I say that it felt great and I putted well, despite the fact I had 37 putts???

Burned so many by the edge of the hole... 

just weren’t falling. (It was only the second round of the year.) Am I just trying to justify my purchase? 

5 hours ago, Honeybadger said:

So, first time on the course with my new 10 two ball tour lined and can I say that it felt great and I putted well, despite the fact I had 37 putts???

just weren’t falling. (It was only the second round of the year.) Am I just trying to justify my purchase? 

If you hit 18 greens it is total fine!

Well, I've given the Ten S a chance for 36 holes and it's going to be returned for something I can use. Love the look at address but the Star microhinge face feels terrible. I've tried every kind of ball imaginable and it still feels like a cheap Walmart putter. I apologized last night to my Bettinardi for ever doubting her.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

20 hours ago, Honeybadger said:

I have the same experience when I used it for first round - hit holes couple times, passed too far. I feel the SW / head weight is a bit heavy for me.

I shortened it from 34" to 33", also got aftermarket weights (5g x 2, 10g x2, versus stock 15g x2 ) to make some experiment on putting greens. Turns out 5g x 2 works best for me. The head is now 345g. I feel the distance control is excellent. Will play a round again on Friday to validate it.

• Like 1

I really wanted to get one, I have always liked the idea of the shape, but never stuck with it.  After much in store testing, I finally went in to buy a single line  2 ball ten slant neck.  Walked out with a Spider tour with a double bend, was making every 10 footer in store.  I played a few rounds with it, but was really bad with distance control.  Decided to return it and try what I originally wanted, but after more testing I was hitting 75% of my putts left.  Played the next day with my old Nike proto #9 style, complete opposite putter.  Distance control was perfect all day, made a few putts and had the best round in awhile, -4 for a 68.  Going to return the Spider for a Queen Bee 11.

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 5 wood, Tensei AV Blue limited  75

Matlby TS3 4-5, Matlby TS4 6-GW, Recoil Dart V 105 F4

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 54, 60

Spider Tour S CB 38 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 8:17 PM, gioria126 said:

I have the same experience when I used it for first round - hit holes couple times, passed too far. I feel the SW / head weight is a bit heavy for me.

I shortened it from 34" to 33", also got aftermarket weights (5g x 2, 10g x2, versus stock 15g x2 ) to make some experiment on putting greens. Turns out 5g x 2 works best for me. The head is now 345g. I feel the distance control is excellent. Will play a round again on Friday to validate it.

To update, I had 2 rounds with my 2 ball ten tour lined shortened and head weight reduced. Have to say I've never putted so confident even started to putt from edge of green which I normally prefer chipping. The direction and distance control is just perfect. broke 80 first time in my life - a solid 76 without double+. Made all the second-putt for par or bogey. No complaint. 

• Like 2

The 2 ball 10 Tour Lined is by far the easiest putter to align I have ever held. It’s point and shoot but to me it just felt hollow and plastically. Just couldn’t get over it. Supposedly they are coming out with an OG White Hot model so I’m assuming that May will resolve the feel issue. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym TD 8*/HZRDUS GEN4 Black Limited Edition 60TX

Ping G425 LST 3W/Hulk 70TX

G425 3H/Ventus 9x HY

PXG 0311 Gen 4 T/ST Combo/PX LZ 6.5

Vokey SM9 50F/54S/58M, DG Black Onyx x100

Have to agree. I love everything about my 2Ball Ten Tour Lined except the insert.  It’s close but just not the same as the White Hot insert.

I really like how it sits square when you put it down behind the ball at address.  My V-Line always takes a bit of rotating at address to square it up.

I go back and forth between the Ten and my old Black V-Line and I just put a better roll on the ball with the White Hot insert.  Got rid of my original black Ten recently as I was trying to make it a 2 horse race.

I wish Odyssey would just do a custom option to allow you to choose the insert and pay more for it.

I expect they will eventually release the 2Ball Ten with the OG White Hot insert, but until then I think I’ll just keep playing the V-Line.

DCC13126-83B3-4689-B2F0-CBED21554976.jpeg.97c2843941ff4aa6e13f5c9d0158237f.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drvrwdge said:

The 2 ball 10 Tour Lined is by far the easiest putter to align I have ever held. It’s point and shoot but to me it just felt hollow and plastically. Just couldn’t get over it. Supposedly they are coming out with an OG White Hot model so I’m assuming that May will resolve the feel issue. 

If they do that they might have themselves a great putter. I thought I'd get used to the insert but I hated it more each time I used it. 

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

On 3/31/2021 at 2:16 AM, gioria126 said:

Nope, I ordered 5g & 10g separately.

Do you happen to know what the total weight will be with the 5gm?

I like putters that come in around 330, I lag much better with a lighter putter.  the PXG stuff appeals to me partly because they give what the weight range is for every hosel configuration.  

Thanks 

G430 MAX 10K 9° w/ventus velocore red 5s

G430 MAX threewood ping chrome tour2 65 S
Taylor Made SIM MAX2 5wood w/ventus velocore blue 7

Adams 23º 9031 proto w' diamana ahina 82
Eye2   3-SW

Oddessy Rossie nsl og slant neck.  

4 hours ago, 2Down said:

Do you happen to know what the total weight will be with the 5gm?

I like putters that come in around 330, I lag much better with a lighter putter.  the PXG stuff appeals to me partly because they give what the weight range is for every hosel configuration.  

Thanks 

I just weighted it and it’s 523g in total (see photo below) Now the head weight with 5gm x 2 is 345g. FYI my length is 33”. 

Since I made this new setting i have been making much better putts, 3-putt only once per round but at least one birdie per round.the most important thing is my 2nd putts to save pars were all very confident and successful.

About microhinge star insert, unlike some people say it’s empty, I feel it’s more solid / firmer than white hot. I guess the ball you use can introduce different feel - I use ProV1/V1x and TP5/5x. It didn’t take me much time to transit from SC special select, a non-inserted putter to this putter.

09427515-F7EE-4378-9343-485BB54015C6.jpeg

• Like 3

I picked up one today(34”, oversized grip). I really like my MySpider X but this just felt really solid in terms of alignment and feel on the practice green in my local shop.

Just a word of caution, I found a few that sat WIDE open as I was narrowing down my purchase.

AA8891FC-CCBD-411F-A543-40A75311D7C3.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ThomasM said:

I picked up one today(34”, oversized grip). I really like my MySpider X but this just felt really solid in terms of alignment and feel on the practice green in my local shop.

Just a word of caution, I found a few that sat WIDE open as I was narrowing down my purchase.

Talk about grip, I’m not sure mine is with “oversized” or “normal/mid sized”. See below photo. I feel it’s not as thick as other SuperStroke grip (1.0) I used before, but similar to the Pistonini Plus grip on my SC.

12749A5B-3DA7-4DDD-A10C-AA7EB6042AB9.jpeg

I have a 2 Ball Ten S on the way. Putt like Stevie Wonder on Saturday with my Squareback 2 and Ray Charles on Sunday with my One and Done. One and Done redeemed itself today with a 27 putt round, but I didn’t hit many greens due to some swirling, high winds. 

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

2 hours ago, ThomasM said:

I just spent two hours at the golf store testing this putter out. I almost bought it but I did not. I really want this one. lol