2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Epic speed triple diamond LS

QuigleyDU

4 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Just placed my order for the 10.5 TD Speed

Was $449 - no issue ordering and it’s not something they can get in trouble for so have at it.

also they are all “outlet” condition so new in wrapper

They have a hodgepodge of shafts on these heads it’s pretty hilarious.

Aldila NVS Orange, Aldila Synergy, MMT, Eveflow Blue and Orange, Tensei AV Blue, etc

it’s a shitshow but the rep should be able to tell you what shafts are available.

So they are selling on CPO for the same price that I ordered new to my spec from Discount Dans earlier in the year, except no sales tax or shipping with DD……

Driver: Cobra Darkspeed X 9* Tour 2.0 Black 65X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 14* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 5-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

14 minutes ago, jblough99 said:

So they are selling on CPO for the same price that I ordered new to my spec from Discount Dans earlier in the year, except no sales tax or shipping with DD……

I guess? MSRP is $529 so if you got it new from $449 from DD when they were $529 than thats a great deal. 

Did DD include a shaft? These have shafts so depending on which you get with the head you can sell it to recoup some $$.

Mine is coming with an MMT shaft I dont need so I'll probably offload it.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

2 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I guess? MSRP is $529 so if you got it new from $449 from DD when they were $529 than thats a great deal. 

Did DD include a shaft? These have shafts so depending on which you get with the head you can sell it to recoup some $$.

Mine is coming with an MMT shaft I dont need so I'll probably offload it.

Yes any of the no up charge shafts that Callaway offered was $449 to my door via DD.  It was too good a deal to pass up.  

• Like 1

Mine is showing a Tuesday delivery so maybe get out Wed. morning for a test drive, I am not expecting any huge difference in my driving distance and the Max LS has been a fairway finder so just a new toy to play with. 

I will put the Fuji Pro in it the 1st round so I can compare apples to apples on a course I know, if by chance the slightly smaller and lower lofted head gives me a few yards that would be great of course.

• Like 1

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Callaway full toe 54* PX IO  6.5

Callaway full toe 58* PX IO 6.5

SLED # 1  35.5

Is the only marking for the TD LS the 'LS' under the diamonds? The pic @QuigleyDU posted in the first post on this page doesnt show the LS markings?

Edited by third-times-a-charm

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

7 hours ago, stoneydukes said:

I believe so.

It’s there you just can’t see it because of the glare off the plastic.

• Thanks 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

12 hours ago, SlickT73 said:

Any indication what the long drive low loft heads are? Standard? Triple diamond? LS? Something else?

I saw these were available and am interested - but unclear what head it is exactly and obviously no ability to demo.

They're long drive heads, made for long drive. Not to get overly simple but probably not much like any of the retail heads. My buddy that does long drive had a few Epic Flash LD heads and they were all metal with no sliding weight in the back. I believe the Epic Speeds are the same, no carbon crown all metal construction.

Epic Speed LS 🔷🔷🔷 9* Hzrdus Hulk Smoke 6.5TX 
X Hot 3 Deep 14.5* Matrix Ozik 8M2 X Flex
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 KBS 105X
T-MB 4 PX LS 7.0

Nike VR Pro Combo Pocket Cavity 5 Iron, 6-9 Blades Oban 125X
RTX Zip Core 46 Oban 125X

Vokey 50M KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 54V KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 60M KBS Tour 130X
Champions Choice Newport Plus MMT 135

37 minutes ago, swgolf12 said:

They're long drive heads, made for long drive. Not to get overly simple but probably not much like any of the retail heads. My buddy that does long drive had a few Epic Flash LD heads and they were all metal with no sliding weight in the back. I believe the Epic Speeds are the same, no carbon crown all metal construction.

Good deal. I played an Adams Speedline Classic DF long drive head for a number of years and got along with it really well. Also debating getting into some LD stuff next spring so I’m browsing around.

Just dropping a comment about this driver head.  I am impressed!  I am a long time Taylormade driver user, but I must say the TD LS is one of the best sounding and feeling drivers I have hit in the last few years.  Dispersion is very good and I have this driver built the same as my SIM2.  Same headweight, swingweight, loft, lie, and same shaft in both.  A few on course tee shots with both struck well and the TD LS was 8-13 yards past my TM gamer.  Intrigued for sure! 

Edited by Smitty120
  • Like 1
  • Qi10- Kai’li White 60TX
  • Stealth+ 19* - Atmos Red 8X
  • P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7MC 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

Got a LS 8.5 TA serial head coming this week 8.3 actual loft 253 CT let’s hope I can hit it.. hopefully be bombs away 😂😂😂.. 

Titleist TSR3 9 Ventus Black TR 6X 
Titleist TSR3 15 Tensei Av Raw Orange 75TX 

Callaway UW 19 Tensei AV Raw Blue 85TX
4 - AW Titleist T100s Project X 6.5 

Cleveland RTX Zip Raw, 54, FullFace 58 Project X 6.5 wedge

L.A.B Golf Mezz1 35/71 Garsen Quad Tour
Titleist Pro V1 2023

My 8.5 Speed TD came today as scheduled. It has these dots on the face which I would guess were from measuring? I was just a tiny bit disappointed it did not have a actual L/L stricker on it. Cole is going to check it out for me and see if the info is somewhere to be found. 

Otherwise brand new as far as I can tell and a TC serial number head. I hit a couple of balls with the Adila 60X shaft and did not like it at all, put my fuji pro 6X in it and killed a couple. Completely different feel with the Fuji  in it for me, He said the Adila was as close to the Fuji profile as they had but it was shockingly different to me. 

20211102_183833_resized.jpg

Edited by Jim53
  • Like 1

SLED # 1  35.5

Has anyone done any direct comparisons between the Max LS and the TD LS?  Currently gaming a 9* Max LS and it’s performing really well.  The only issue I have is the spin numbers are ideal 2100-2400 range but launch is a bit low, usually 8-10* range, and ballspeed ranging 166-174.  Was hoping to go to the TD LS in a 10.5 to bring the launch up but keep the spin and ball speed in the same window.  I’ve tried turning up the loft on the Max LS but spin creeps up too much.  I guess what I’m asking is what is everyone’s experience with spin difference between the 2?

13 hours ago, Jim53 said:

My 8.5 Speed TD came today as scheduled. It has these dots on the face which I would guess were from measuring? I was just a tiny bit disappointed it did not have a actual L/L stricker on it. Cole is going to check it out for me and see if the info is somewhere to be found. 

Otherwise brand new as far as I can tell and a TC serial number head. I hit a couple of balls with the Adila 60X shaft and did not like it at all, put my fuji pro 6X in it and killed a couple. Completely different feel with the Fuji  in it for me, He said the Adila was as close to the Fuji profile as they had but it was shockingly different to me. 

20211102_183833_resized.jpg

Is that a TD or TD LS?

7 hours ago, jblough99 said:

Has anyone done any direct comparisons between the Max LS and the TD LS?  Currently gaming a 9* Max LS and it’s performing really well.  The only issue I have is the spin numbers are ideal 2100-2400 range but launch is a bit low, usually 8-10* range, and ballspeed ranging 166-174.  Was hoping to go to the TD LS in a 10.5 to bring the launch up but keep the spin and ball speed in the same window.  I’ve tried turning up the loft on the Max LS but spin creeps up too much.  I guess what I’m asking is what is everyone’s experience with spin difference between the 2?

I went from a 9 deg MAX LS to a TD LS 9 deg. Based on distance seen on the course, I'd say the TD LS is slightly lower spin. My experience was that the MAX LS is more forgiving with off center strikes but it comes at the expense of sound and a tiny bit of distance. The more I hit the TD LS, the more I'm finding the middle so hopefully the forgiveness aspect goes away the more I play it. The better (dare I say dreamy haha) sound of the TD is something I get to experience on every shot. That's my TD LS story, and I'm sticking to it... at least for the rest of this season.

I am playing the Ventus Blue 6S and it's an awesome combo. I have a brand new Ventus Black 6S that I'm too lazy to list in the BST just yet, so if anyone is interested, hit me up.

2 hours ago, stoneydukes said:

I went from a 9 deg MAX LS to a TD LS 9 deg. Based on distance seen on the course, I'd say the TD LS is slightly lower spin. My experience was that the MAX LS is more forgiving with off center strikes but it comes at the expense of sound and a tiny bit of distance. The more I hit the TD LS, the more I'm finding the middle so hopefully the forgiveness aspect goes away the more I play it. The better (dare I say dreamy haha) sound of the TD is something I get to experience on every shot. That's my TD LS story, and I'm sticking to it... at least for the rest of this season.

I am playing the Ventus Blue 6S and it's an awesome combo. I have a brand new Ventus Black 6S that I'm too lazy to list in the BST just yet, so if anyone is interested, hit me up.

Appreciate the response!  I have a 10.5* TD LS head on the way.  Only one real way to find out, right?!?!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Is that a TD or TD LS?

It is a TD, I am glad I did not get the LS as this one appears to be quite a bit lower spin than the Max LS to the eye. But today was a not a good sample day as I blew out my back yesterday somehow (no idea what I did) and could hardly walk this morning but went out anyway, crazy game I could hit my short irons quite well but the lower lofted longer clubs I could'nt swing without extreme pain. Still managed a 78 gimping around the course. 

I hit one drive on the screws on 18 and it was as long as the Max LS has always been on that hole so that was a positive with the bad back, I will be much better by Sunday and will get a better feel for the head.

It is certainly not as forgiving as the Max LS but that was expected, drives I would have got away with with the Max were really bad with the TD.

SLED # 1  35.5

Does anyone play their TD or TDLS shorter in length and need a ton of weight to get it back up to SW?

My TD came in today and it came with a 8g and 2g weight. (The Callaway specs show a 8+8g?) With my 45” AD VR installed it needed and 18g and 2g weight to get up to D4 - that’s 20g.

My retail speed head only needs a 12g

Edited by third-times-a-charm

18 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Does anyone play their TD or TDLS shorter in length and need a ton of weight to get it back up to SW?

My TD came in today and it came with a 8g and 2g weight. (The Callaway specs show a 8+8g?) With my 45” AD VR installed it needed and 18g and 2g weight to get up to D4 - that’s 20g.

I think it was discussed earlier in this thread but Callaway was great about sending me weights. I'd give them a ring once you sort out which ones you need.

I’ve got a TD DS (only seen a handful of those), went to the range today and it is awesome.  I can turn it over a little easier than the TS LS I also have and it’s .5 degree lower in loft (9.6 vs 10.1).  Both are really forgiving.  I put the DS vs the Tour Issued Sim2 I have and found some interesting stats.  The Callaway actually had slower swing speeds vs the Sim2 (both same head weight 195-196g) but ball speeds were higher with the TD DS and carry distances were also longer with the TD DS.  Smash factor was really, really good with the TD DS.  In fact the Mevo had a couple that peaked at 1.52 smash factor.  Something must be off as I thought the highest you could get was 1.50 but I can tell from where the balls landed that they were hit well.  Was getting between 265-275 carry with range balls on the Mevo.

I did hit it a couple times on Sunday.  Played a course that I used to play a long time ago.  Played the tips and to carry all the bunkers you have to carry it 280.  I cleared it by a 5 yards as it plugged as it was very wet after our recent storms. 

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

12 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Its funny that mine came with 8+8 weights and I wanted a lighter one to mess around with. Billy Bobs golf has them in stock. I asked Cole about getting one and he has no way to do it, I asked about calling CS and asking and he just did not know. Since he is CS I just spent the $12 and got one from BB's

SLED # 1  35.5

17 minutes ago, Jim53 said:

Its funny that mine came with 8+8 weights and I wanted a lighter one to mess around with. Billy Bobs golf has them in stock. I asked Cole about getting one and he has no way to do it, I asked about calling CS and asking and he just did not know. Since he is CS I just spent the $12 and got one from BB's

I have these Callaway weights spanning from the old Rogue line so I have tons of them in 2g-18g - the weights werent the issue.

I was just surprised the head weight was so light in general that it needed so much weight to get back up to SW.

After thinking about it I guess it makes sense that the TD heads are lighter as they're made to take two weights in a 10g total config whereas the retail Speed head is weighted to only need a 2g-5g weight in the rear port.

I dont have a LM right now so I have no idea what I'm doing to spin, though. +18g in the rear and 2g in the front of a TD head seems like that would make it spin/launch differently but also be more forgiving.

I may try and bring a 10g + 10g weight set to the range as well.

Not been hit yet but WOW the TD LS is a stunning looking club 

Titleist Pro V1 2023

9 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I have these Callaway weights spanning from the old Rogue line so I have tons of them in 2g-18g - the weights werent the issue.

I was just surprised the head weight was so light in general that it needed so much weight to get back up to SW.

After thinking about it I guess it makes sense that the TD heads are lighter as they're made to take two weights in a 10g total config whereas the retail Speed head is weighted to only need a 2g-5g weight in the rear port.

I dont have a LM right now so I have no idea what I'm doing to spin, though. +18g in the rear and 2g in the front of a TD head seems like that would make it spin/launch differently but also be more forgiving.

I may try and bring a 10g + 10g weight set to the range as well.

I’m rocking 2g front and 12g rear in my TD 10.5° (set to -1/N) currently. In this configuration I get a nice high launch with near ideal spin for my +5° AOA. Putting more weight forward (6g front/8g back) dropped launch and lowered spin too dramatically. My Speed 9° head (set to -1/N)  was set up with 10g in the back and it performed very similarly to my TD. It carried about 300 rpm more spin on average. I suppose I could get a -2° adapter if I wanted to kill the spin a bit more.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

3 hours ago, noodle3872 said:

I’m rocking 2g front and 12g rear in my TD 10.5° (set to -1/N) currently. In this configuration I get a nice high launch with near ideal spin for my +5° AOA. Putting more weight forward (6g front/8g back) dropped launch and lowered spin too dramatically. My Speed 9° head (set to -1/N)  was set up with 10g in the back and it performed very similarly to my TD. It carried about 300 rpm more spin on average. I suppose I could get a -2° adapter if I wanted to kill the spin a bit more.

That sounds right about where I'm headed with my TD vs Speed. My Speed 10.5 I played at -1/D with a 12g rear weight, and this 10.5 TD I have setup as S/D with an 18g rear weight. Heading back to the range either tomorrow or Saturday to test again.

• Like 1

Need to get used to it but my good what a good feeling good sounding driver 

• Like 1

Titleist Pro V1 2023

Well my TD experiment was short lived. After two long range sessions it just doesnt do anything that my retail head doesnt. Ball flight was flatter and lower but distance was the same. I dont think I have the SS for it. Similar results but less forgiveness = no reason to keep it over the retail head. My stock shot is a high draw so I was fighting the TD head.

• Like 1

Going to try it again this morning with a 2 g in front 8 in the back. The back is still not right so who knows what will happen, tough to judge a club with a very dodgey swing.

SLED # 1  35.5

The swing was much better and I have to say I like this head, my good swings produced a bit more carry than the Max LS and a lot more roll out.

I would think that is less spin, teeing it high and what I believe to be hitting up on it produced a nice higher ball flight downwind.

Into the wind teeing it down and I could hit either a low cut or a bit of a draw and it ran like crazy. Not being skilled enough to really work the ball on command it is certainly easier to work than the Max LS that just wanted to go straight for me no matter what I did unless it was a pull or just fanned it open. 

I am not a long hitter but normally hit a lot of fairways and the better the back gets the better this head will be from what I have seen so far. 

• Like 2

SLED # 1  35.5