Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

An off topic post but it happened when using my BLP and I figured you guys could shed some light on it. 
I was hitting a SIM2 8* driver in my garage set up. It was good for the first 60 hits. After that, there would be a high pitched metal sound and felt like I didn’t hit the ball hardly at all. The ball speed numbers are only a fraction low of where they were. 

Is my driver head about to break? Is it something with my shaft? Everything LOOKS normal… help! 😳

23 minutes ago, No_Ugos said:

An off topic post but it happened when using my BLP and I figured you guys could shed some light on it. 
I was hitting a SIM2 8* driver in my garage set up. It was good for the first 60 hits. After that, there would be a high pitched metal sound and felt like I didn’t hit the ball hardly at all. The ball speed numbers are only a fraction low of where they were. 

Is my driver head about to break? Is it something with my shaft? Everything LOOKS normal… help! 😳

Sounds like the driver. I’ve cracked two heads in 8 months. Ball speed always tells the story. Probably a hairline fracture 

25 minutes ago, CardsChamps11 said:

Sounds like the driver. I’ve cracked two heads in 8 months. Ball speed always tells the story. Probably a hairline fracture 

Oh great. I’ve gone through two SiM heads already, and just got this SIM2 head off of eBay. I wonder if it’s covered by their money back guarantee. 

Here is my last original SiM

235C8028-9DAF-4FCE-87C5-D69394A25447.jpeg

Edited by No_Ugos
Model clarification

4 minutes ago, No_Ugos said:

Oh great. I’ve gone through two SiM heads already, and just got this SIM2 head off of eBay. I wonder if it’s covered by their money back guarantee. 

Here is my last original SiM

235C8028-9DAF-4FCE-87C5-D69394A25447.jpeg

Ha crazy I have the exact same cracks in my SIM that start at the speed pocket and work out towards the face.  Almost the exact same location. Taylormade is in the process now of sending me a replacement.  You might honestly try talking to them on it.  Their warranty policy seems to be pretty robust.

49 minutes ago, No_Ugos said:

I'd make sure the core of the ball didn't crack. I had that happen once on course with a ball and it felt like the driver was broken.

23 minutes ago, No_Ugos said:

They have replaced the one in the picture, but the one from last night isn’t showing any damage, just making that piercing, high pitched “ting” sound. Would I have to wait until there’s visible damage?

That’s what mine did.  Look close at the crown as that’s where the sound might change most. Cracked a g400 before this one and that was cracked on the face and I couldn’t tell by sound only ball speed.  Otherwise change the ball like suggested to confirm it’s the driver.  I’m sure you could talk to someone at taylormade and express your concern.  Or just keep hitting it if it’s cracked somewhere it will show up at some point I assume.

• Like 1

In case you guys experienced this. Got that B4 error again last night. Probably the 5th time in 20 sessions. It was fine after when I reset it. I connected the USB to the BLP and PC before loading the FSX 2020 software. Not sure if affects it. 

Also got this “Nan” error on a shot. Have seen this before. When I get the B4 error, I notice that the BLP isn’t picking up shots on the BLP screen or PC for that session. Maybe missing almost 40% of shots 

I also started the range session with less than 30% battery. Not sure if this is a factor also but shouldn’t be. My firmware is upgraded to the latest. 

If we have a BLP, will Foresight help or do we have to go through Bushnell (I hear not as knowledgeable which is understandable since it’s built by foresight)? 

Edited by Frank_Dux

4 hours ago, Frank_Dux said:

In case you guys experienced this. Got that B4 error again last night. Probably the 5th time in 20 sessions. It was fine after when I reset it. I connected the USB to the BLP and PC before loading the FSX 2020 software. Not sure if affects it. 

Also got this “Nan” error on a shot. Have seen this before. When I get the B4 error, I notice that the BLP isn’t picking up shots on the BLP screen or PC for that session. Maybe missing almost 40% of shots 

I also started the range session with less than 30% battery. Not sure if this is a factor also but shouldn’t be. My firmware is upgraded to the latest. 

If we have a BLP, will Foresight help or do we have to go through Bushnell (I hear not as knowledgeable which is understandable since it’s built by foresight)? 

Dylan and Phoenix with Foresight are amazing.

They helped with some software issue I had.

I would start there.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Leftybombs said:

Is anyone here from Canada waiting for the GC3 I paid for mine from foresight Canada November 12th and still waiting they are waiting from a shipment from USA. It seems like everyone down south is getting priority and receiving units fast. I am 15 on the list but they can’t confirm when I will receive it. 

I paid for mine October 12th, was told I'd have it by November, and didn't get it until December 20th. And up until a few days before I got it, my rep had no idea when it would show up. So it seems like Canada is just an after thought, a little annoying to wait over 2 months while others are getting them right away when we paid the same amount, but I don't think there's anything you can do to speed it up unfortunately, sorry for the bad news, I hope it comes in soon!

23 hours ago, Frank_Dux said:

On the B4 error, do you always have your BLP plugged in?  Not sure if any potential power surges could cause the start up issue (not 100% sure what the B4 error means)

16 hours ago, Leftybombs said:

Is anyone here from Canada waiting for the GC3 I paid for mine from foresight Canada November 12th and still waiting they are waiting from a shipment from USA. It seems like everyone down south is getting priority and receiving units fast. I am 15 on the list but they can’t confirm when I will receive it. 

I am in Ontario and I paid Foresight Canada on Nov 16. I have just been told today by my rep. that there are units shipping to them today and that I am to receive one of those. Based on you paying earlier than me I assume you should receive one of those units as well.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the update also I’m not a tech guy can you guys share if this laptop will be enough for future use. I purchased 30 FSX courses. 

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/acer-nitro-17-3-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i7-11800h-512gb-ssd-16gb-ram-rtx-3060-windows-11/15795306

rtx3060 will this work or is it worth paying more for a higher model and is 512 gb enough I will only be using the laptop for golf. 

2 hours ago, DS12312 said:

On the B4 error, do you always have your BLP plugged in?  Not sure if any potential power surges could cause the start up issue (not 100% sure what the B4 error means)

I usually do not have the BLP plugged in. It was a 30% battery then I plugged it in. I'll give support a call today and report my findings. 

Is anyone else having an issue with the mouse hanging up when trying to use the FSX2020 software? Although I can use the software, the mouse becomes unresponsive periodically and will start back up after waiting about 15 seconds. If it helps, I am running FSX2020 on a Dell XPS with an Nvidia graphics card and 32gb of RAM.

3 hours ago, Ruisy said:

I am in Ontario and I paid Foresight Canada on Nov 16. I have just been told today by my rep. that there are units shipping to them today and that I am to receive one of those. Based on you paying earlier than me I assume you should receive one of those units as well.

Fingers crossed.

Nice that's good news. I received similar news from my rep on a Thursday and by that Monday morning it showed up to my house. Once they get to Canada they get them out very quickly!

Spoke with John at Bushnell Support. For the B4 error, he told us to do a power cycle reset which is found here: 

https://help.foresightsports.com/hc/en-us/articles/4404716185619-GC3-Error-Code-A-Type-

He also said to hold down the power button 30 seconds then power it up again. If the issue keeps happening, I would call Bushnell, open a ticket, they send a label which gets sent to Foresight direct. The repair would take a few weeks.

I just spoke with Phoenix at Foresight Tech Support and he was awesome. Really detailed, helpful and friendly. He said they're stoked that everyone in the forums have had great experiences with them. Phoenix said he really wants to get our issue taken cared of, so he'll be in touch with us through the process. Here is what he said we can do initially: 

B4 ERROR
-only when you see the B4 error
-unplug all cables on the device.
-Powercycle the unit for a full 15 seconds holding down the power button even after the LM turns off
-Also ensure that you're up to date with the latest firmware

SHOT RECORDING (also other errors such as NAN error)
-Important: Do not use the provided white alignment rod indoors. Phoenix said this is only for outdoors
-The BLP/GC3 is reflection / light sensitive. Some of you mentioned even watch out for shoe reflection. This included pants, even debris off mats
-Ensure there is no reflective light from windows, etc.
-If your mat is loose or the ball moves just a little bit, the LM will lose "lock-on" and won't record shots.

I tried hitting (my kid usually hits) but when I went full out, I noticed it wouldn't record shots. I immediately hit smooth punch shots and the LM picked up shots. Phoenix said the torque from the feet can also make the LM lose "lock-on" so ensure you have some adhesive to prevent this.

Foresight says if this becomes a nuisance, to contact them so they can work out the issues or worst case send it in and have it repaired.

Hope this helps.

19 minutes ago, DS12312 said:

@Frank_Dux. That last one is interesting.  I know if you mat moved it could be an issue, but looking at your space from previous pictures I can't see the mat moving much.

Why won't the alignment stick work indoors?  I use it daily to make sure I'm pointing to the spot on my net I claim as "straight"

Yes, us too.  Use it all the time. I guess due to the reflective possibility. The times we use the alignment stick has not caused any issues for us.

Have to look now for something on amazon that will keep the mat from moving around. even in the slightest bit, it can throw readings off. 

3 hours ago, Leftybombs said:

Thank you so much for the update also I’m not a tech guy can you guys share if this laptop will be enough for future use. I purchased 30 FSX courses. 

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/acer-nitro-17-3-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i7-11800h-512gb-ssd-16gb-ram-rtx-3060-windows-11/15795306

rtx3060 will this work or is it worth paying more for a higher model and is 512 gb enough I will only be using the laptop for golf. 

I have the 3060 in my desktop which is 30% faster than the laptop version and it runs 4k fine for me.  You will be able to run in 1920x1080 on the laptop version for sure and possibly 4k but I don’t know if I can guarantee it will.  It’s pretty comparable to the 1660 super desktop card if anyone has experience running that in 4k?

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kwettig said:

I have the 3060 in my desktop which is 30% faster than the laptop version and it runs 4k fine for me.  You will be able to run in 1920x1080 on the laptop version for sure and possibly 4k but I don’t know if I can guarantee it will.  It’s pretty comparable to the 1660 super desktop card if anyone has experience running that in 4k?

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Thank you for this link, this chart helps me big time!! Thank you everyone for taking the time and helping each other out.