Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

37 minutes ago, kiddoc said:

For anyone on the fence about subscribing for Club data….do it!

I am a +1 hdcp and could not “feel” my way out of a recent slump.

Path and Spin Axis analysis combination fixed the problem in 1/10th the time it would have taken on the range.

I agree.  It’s a game changer quite literally.  Wish they would update in the future to bake in estimated face or face to path angle but that’s probably stepping on the toes of big brother quad too much.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, b_Jammin said:

I have been mainly hitting into a net and displaying FSX on a mounted tv. No issues.

I recently added a screen and a projector into the mix. Now it seems every shot is going left. Even short chips, everything pulls to the left…

Any suggestions?

I have this issue because, with the layout of the available space in my garage, my hitting strip has to be offset to the right a little (or I will smash the garage door opener on my follow through!). Even if I adjust the offset and put the target in line with my hitting strip, my eye is still drawn to the center of the screen, and I instinctively hit to the middle (which is left of target). I know use the alignment stick to sim at the flag on the center of the screen, and it has fixed the issue for me.

It’s not a big deal but why doesn’t the GC3, playing FSX2020, automatically switch between left handed and right handed depending on  the player? I have to move the GC3 anyways and not to hard to manually switch it between dexterity but it’s just annoying.

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

22 hours ago, b_Jammin said:

I have been mainly hitting into a net and displaying FSX on a mounted tv. No issues.

I recently added a screen and a projector into the mix. Now it seems every shot is going left. Even short chips, everything pulls to the left…

Any suggestions?

I have all my shots going left. No matter what I try, left. Strange. 

Sorry if this has been covered, tried doing a quick search but nothing jumped off the page - Horrible keyword search user..

I'm looking to sell my BLP, just not able to use it. Am I able to transfer the Gold Subscription to who ever buys it? I hate for the 800 to go to waste.. 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9*| Ventus Black 6X
Titleist TSR2+ 14.5*| Ventus Black 7X
Titleist TSR2 18*  | AV Raw Blue 8TX
Mizuno 245 5-PW  | Project X LS 6.5
Titleist SM9 46 - 50 - 54 - 58 | PX 6.0
Odyssey Ai Jailbird  

13 minutes ago, 2ndCut16 said:

Sorry if this has been covered, tried doing a quick search but nothing jumped off the page - Horrible keyword search user..

I'm looking to sell my BLP, just not able to use it. Am I able to transfer the Gold Subscription to who ever buys it? I hate for the 800 to go to waste.. 

one page back…apparently it doesn’t transfer if they pay to transfer the device.  However there are a lot of instances where people have used a generic email and transferred FSX2020 on quads and gc2s without going through foresight.

23 minutes ago, 2ndCut16 said:

This thread may help to understand transferring without paying the transfer fee and losing the subscription.

1 hour ago, kwettig said:

This thread may help to understand transferring without paying the transfer fee and losing the subscription.

Thank you for this - I appreciate your help.  Now to find a buyer haha 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9*| Ventus Black 6X
Titleist TSR2+ 14.5*| Ventus Black 7X
Titleist TSR2 18*  | AV Raw Blue 8TX
Mizuno 245 5-PW  | Project X LS 6.5
Titleist SM9 46 - 50 - 54 - 58 | PX 6.0
Odyssey Ai Jailbird  

For anyone considering the SIM in a Box pricing, Here is what i just ordered for my build. 

I got a bigger enclosure(12x9), a gaming laptop (very high end), a 4k laser projector (the one in the SITB is crap), and a Fiberbuilt studio mat (the one in the SITB is basically just a stance mat, not the one that's good on your joints). 

This is my all in price including tax and shipping. The only things I will need to add to this are :

1. EMT pipe for enclosure - $150

2. Turf and base or some sort for the enclosure that leads out to my Hitting mat - $375 for what i have spec'd out. 

For me, piecing it out myself was a better deal because of the upgrades in the mat, projector, and PC. Plus i saved about $700 over what they are offering. 

Screenshot 2022-01-10 102124.png

• Like 2
  • AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Denali Black 60 6.5
  • TM M5 Tour 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

For the Gold subscription, is there any way to see what the yardage is from each of the different tees for the 10 courses? I've played a few courses with my 11 year old and even the red tees are usually too long for him, looking for something that is closer to a "junior" tee length.

Also am I remembering correctly that there was supposed to be a Pitch & Putt course included with the Gold subscription? I don't see one in my library.

3 hours ago, Albatross85 said:

For anyone considering the SIM in a Box pricing, Here is what i just ordered for my build. 

I got a bigger enclosure(12x9), a gaming laptop (very high end), a 4k laser projector (the one in the SITB is crap), and a Fiberbuilt studio mat (the one in the SITB is basically just a stance mat, not the one that's good on your joints). 

This is my all in price including tax and shipping. The only things I will need to add to this are :

1. EMT pipe for enclosure - $150

2. Turf and base or some sort for the enclosure that leads out to my Hitting mat - $375 for what i have spec'd out. 

For me, piecing it out myself was a better deal because of the upgrades in the mat, projector, and PC. Plus i saved about $700 over what they are offering. 

Screenshot 2022-01-10 102124.png

Good call out on a DIY build.  Just an FYI try reaching out to a local turf supplier for remnants unless you want a full/professional looking landing area

FYI, as of 1:56pm PT on 1-10-22, the Launch Pro is available to order for $2,999.99 again on the Bushnell site (funny, I never received an email from Bushnell even though I signed up for an in-stock notification - I just happened to go on the Bushnell website just now and saw I could order the unit).  

Also, it occurred to me that as between the GC3 versus the Launch Pro with the $4,000 software unlock, California residents are saving about $500 overall by going with the Launch Pro due to free shipping for the Bushnell (versus $95 shipping for the GC3) plus the sales tax savings (presumably no sales tax on the software purchase for the $4,000 software unlock). 

If you reach out to Foresight rather than ordering from the Foresight website (which appears to charge sales tax on the full $7000 price), you can bring down the sales tax a bit by having them issue an invoice that separately breaks out the GC3 hardware and the FSX license (on the invoice i received from Foresight today, they broke it down at $4999 for the GC3 hardware, and $2000 for the FSX license, with sales tax only imposed on the $4999 hardware unit).  That helps, but still better to go with the Bushnell $3000 price, and then separately pay $4,000 for the software license, for which there should be no CA sales tax (I hope).

Edited by dusterbuster

4 hours ago, rvmcd said:

For the Gold subscription, is there any way to see what the yardage is from each of the different tees for the 10 courses? I've played a few courses with my 11 year old and even the red tees are usually too long for him, looking for something that is closer to a "junior" tee length.

Also am I remembering correctly that there was supposed to be a Pitch & Putt course included with the Gold subscription? I don't see one in my library.

I believe there is a "scorecard" tab on the bottom of the course page that tells the yardages of all available tees.

6 hours ago, dusterbuster said:

FYI, as of 1:56pm PT on 1-10-22, the Launch Pro is available to order for $2,999.99 again on the Bushnell site (funny, I never received an email from Bushnell even though I signed up for an in-stock notification - I just happened to go on the Bushnell website just now and saw I could order the unit).  

Also, it occurred to me that as between the GC3 versus the Launch Pro with the $4,000 software unlock, California residents are saving about $500 overall by going with the Launch Pro due to free shipping for the Bushnell (versus $95 shipping for the GC3) plus the sales tax savings (presumably no sales tax on the software purchase for the $4,000 software unlock). 

If you reach out to Foresight rather than ordering from the Foresight website (which appears to charge sales tax on the full $7000 price), you can bring down the sales tax a bit by having them issue an invoice that separately breaks out the GC3 hardware and the FSX license (on the invoice i received from Foresight today, they broke it down at $4999 for the GC3 hardware, and $2000 for the FSX license, with sales tax only imposed on the $4999 hardware unit).  That helps, but still better to go with the Bushnell $3000 price, and then separately pay $4,000 for the software license, for which there should be no CA sales tax (I hope).

There was no sales tax in Missouri for my unlock. Was $3995. But I know when I lived in Chicago if I put my Illinois information for certain subscriptions (zwift, I believe), I paid sales tax. If I put my Missouri address there would be no sales tax. Not sure about how California works on that but would assume they would tax since they tax everything.

4 hours ago, CBMC said:

There was no sales tax in Missouri for my unlock. Was $3995. But I know when I lived in Chicago if I put my Illinois information for certain subscriptions (zwift, I believe), I paid sales tax. If I put my Missouri address there would be no sales tax. Not sure about how California works on that but would assume they would tax since they tax everything.

Thanks for the feedback!  I'm crossing my fingers that I won't be charged California sales tax when I purchase the software unlock (just placed my order today for the Launch Pro, so don't know yet).  Interestingly, although California does charge a high sales/use tax on most items, there is an exception for purely intangible property that is transferred digitally (i.e., digital streams/downloads).  Buying a $4,000 program on a USB stick would be subject to California sales/use tax on the full $4,000 value, but purchasing a $4,000 program that is downloaded digitally isn't subject to California sales/use tax.  It's super formalistic and doesn't really make any sense policy wise, but hopefully Bushnell provides the correct sales tax treatment. 

Both camera based, BLP takes hundreds of not thousands of pictures, Skytrak takes 2.  No delay on shot to screen with BLP, Skytrak 2-3 seconds.  BLP has some measured club data, Skytrak only measures ball data.  BLP has a 99 annual fee for basic (poor) range.  Skytrak's 99 annual fee opens up 3rd party simulator options.  To get FSX sim courses and 3-D range you need to spend minimum $400 annually for BLP and to get full data, $800 annually.  There are probably a lot of others I am missing of anyone else wants to fill in

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DS12312 said:

Both camera based, BLP takes hundreds of not thousands of pictures, Skytrak takes 2.  No delay on shot to screen with BLP, Skytrak 2-3 seconds.  BLP has some measured club data, Skytrak only measures ball data.  BLP has a 99 annual fee for basic (poor) range.  Skytrak's 99 annual fee opens up 3rd party simulator options.  To get FSX sim courses and 3-D range you need to spend minimum $400 annually for BLP and to get full data, $800 annually.  There are probably a lot of others I am missing of anyone else wants to fill in

The BLP/GC3 will fully function outdoors (skytrak largely wont), skytrak basically can't read driver ball speeds once you are in the 160+ range, GC3 much less sensitive to setup and has a larger hitting area

I reread the FSX general instructions on the website tonight.

Did not know you can create custom yardages on the standard Foresight driving range by “hovering the mouse over the Mini Map and right clicking”.

And you can drop a ball on any course during any round by doing the same.

Also, the Gold package allows making your own custom skills challenge and is the only package that includes the glass breaking challenge.

FYI

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Gripitandripit99 said:

Did you ever hear back on this?

I did and it just kinda fixed itself.  They didn't say they did anything on their end, but it just started working correctly that evening.

If this is a new setup, or you just added Gold, I suggest powering the unit off and on a few times.

Edited by Seth5051
words
  • Thanks 1