Titleist Pro V1 Left Dot Retail Release?

G-Bone

On 9/23/2022 at 8:40 PM, grochol17 said:

Titleist recently released RCT versions of the left dash, which made me think that meant they we going to keep them in the line up.  A couple of days ago I noticed the left dash being back in stock at some retailers for the normal $50 per dozen.

Which retailers specifically? I don't see them as available anywhere.

Thanks!

TSR3 8 Tour AD UB 6

TSR2+ 14.5 Tour AD CQ 7

TSR2 21 Tour AD DI 85

U505 4 Tour AD DI 95

T200 5-6 Steelfiber i110

T150 7-GW Steelfiber i110
Vokey SM10 54F/60M Steelfiber i110
Scotty Cameron Timeless TT Circle T

Pro V1

3 hours ago, Aces-6 said:

Which retailers specifically? I don't see them as available anywhere.

Thanks!

I had seen them on Carl's Golfland and Rock Bottom golf... though it looks like they  both are sold out now.  The only other one that I can find easily that shows them in stock is Golf HQ, but I've never bought anything from them before, so I'm not sure if they are any good.

Titleist TSR4, 7.25*, Aldila Rogue Black 95 MSI 70 S
Titleist TS3, 14.25*, Speeder VC 8.2 Tour Spec X
Titleist 818 H2 17*, Speeder VC 8.8 HB Tour Spec S
Mizuno MP H5, 3 iron, C Taper Lite X
Mizuno MP H5 (4&5), MP 5 (6-PW), DG X100 SSx1
Cleveland RTX6 54/12 (bent to 53*) Raw & 58/10 Black, DG Spinner
Piretti Potenza 1.5
Ball - Titleist AVX Yellow

• 2 weeks later...

New 2023 Pro V1 testing on tour, would be great to hear if it’s inspired at all by left dot characteristics. Lower flight and spin across the board. 

It’s already true if you look 10 years back the current pro v1 flies lower and spins less than that ball, could see the trend continuing. Would be best case scenario. 

Cobra F8+ ProjectX HZRDUS Black 6.0
Nike VR Pro Ltd. Edition 15 ProjectX 6.0
Titleist 716 TMB 3 Iron, TT Dynamic Gold AMT
Nike Forged Blades (Original) 3-PW TT DG S300
Titleist Vokey 54 58 DG S400
Scotty Cameron Del Mar 3.5

What I have heard so far is both new balls have lower long game spin with similar peak height. 

I’ll share more as I get it. 

• Like 4

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

On 9/25/2022 at 11:50 AM, grochol17 said:

I had seen them on Carl's Golfland and Rock Bottom golf... though it looks like they  both are sold out now.  The only other one that I can find easily that shows them in stock is Golf HQ, but I've never bought anything from them before, so I'm not sure if they are any good.

Looked to me like you can order left dash on the Titleist website again, just fyi.  I saw it closed down for a while but I just happened to glance yesterday and see that it appears they are for sale again.  

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 6:50 AM, CallawayLefty said:

Looked to me like you can order left dash on the Titleist website again, just fyi.  I saw it closed down for a while but I just happened to glance yesterday and see that it appears they are for sale again.  

out of stock on dash

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV

Listening to the TXG live on YouTube and someone questioned the Left Dot release. Ian stated he can't share much but that those that want them will be happy here shortly. Keeping my fingers crossed!

• Like 4

SIM2 8 degree - Ventus Black 7x

SIM2 3 wood - Ventus Black 8x

Srixon ZX Utility 2 Iron - Ventus Black 10TX

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW - Project X 6.5

Mizuno T20 50/55/60 - Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

12 minutes ago, Tommyboi95 said:

Marty were you giving any type of notification when they came in stock?

The dashes? I just saw someone post about it in one of the Prov1 threads last week and checked the website and low and behold they were instock. I don't really play Xs so it didn't compell me to purchase but it seems that the batch was either small or people really loaded up.

• 3 weeks later...

Played with a guy from titleist… he said the left dot had a sourcing issue on a specific part of the ball (I didn’t ask follow up questions)

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

3 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I heard that the supply chain was running low on the letter "i".

Something like that.

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

On 10/4/2022 at 7:15 AM, tomjohn10 said:

New 2023 Pro V1 testing on tour, would be great to hear if it’s inspired at all by left dot characteristics. Lower flight and spin across the board. 

It’s already true if you look 10 years back the current pro v1 flies lower and spins less than that ball, could see the trend continuing. Would be best case scenario. 

You can look back to the first generation of Prov and if you compare it to this generation there is hardly any changes at all.  Maybe about a 200rpm spin difference in 20 years.

On 10/26/2022 at 12:39 PM, Vlade15 said:

You can look back to the first generation of Prov and if you compare it to this generation there is hardly any changes at all.  Maybe about a 200rpm spin difference in 20 years.

Without getting into RPMs it’s been consistent “lower spin” messaging from titleist in the last several ProV1 releases. Back to the “switch” where they finally started saying the X spins more they were talking about especially in the long game how they were able to get ProV1 to spin less. 

https://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2019/02/26/know-the-differences-titleist-pro-v1-pro-v1x-golf-ball-equipment.html

Before the 2017 Pro V1 came out, it really did spin less than the Pro V1x with irons. Maybe it spun a little more off the tee. But the new process in the 2017 Pro V1 really lowered that driver spin and increased speed to where throughout the bag, the Pro V1 spun less than the Pro V1x.” 

article also mentions left dot influences. 

equipment changes, speed increases (ie avg golfer more athletic now) etc since the original ProV1 too. Too many variables to say how much different they actually are - that could vary golfer to golfer - but to say that proV1 hasn’t gotten lower spin by design over the years in the long game is a little ridiculous. 

10 minutes ago, tomjohn10 said:

Before the 2017 Pro V1 came out, it really did spin less than the Pro V1x with irons. Maybe it spun a little more off the tee. But the new process in the 2017 Pro V1 really lowered that driver spin and increased speed to where throughout the bag, the Pro V1 spun less than the Pro V1x.” 

The so-called "switch" never had anything to do with iron spin, wedge spin or short game spin. Those have all been higher with Pro V1x than with Pro V1 since forever. 

The "switch" was all about Pro V1 having what that quote refers to as "maybe it spun a little more off the tee". In 2017 they improved the Pro V1 for more driver ball speed (significantly) and less driver spin (slightly) so that stronger players no longer felt they were giving up driver performance with Pro V1 instead of Pro V1x. 

All this talk about the "switch" is just an example of how obsessed people are with launch monitor measures of driver performance. And in particular low spin off the driver. In terms of what really matters about a ball the Pro V1x was higher spin than Pro V1 long, long before 2017. But as soon as the driver spin on Pro V1 went from slightly higher than Pro V1x to slightly lower than Pro V1 everyone got excited like the entire product line had fundamentally changed. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, North Butte said:

The so-called "switch" never had anything to do with iron spin, wedge spin or short game spin. Those have all been higher with Pro V1x than with Pro V1 since forever. 

The "switch" was all about Pro V1 having what that quote refers to as "maybe it spun a little more off the tee". In 2017 they improved the Pro V1 for more driver ball speed (significantly) and less driver spin (slightly) so that stronger players no longer felt they were giving up driver performance with Pro V1 instead of Pro V1x. 

All this talk about the "switch" is just an example of how obsessed people are with launch monitor measures of driver performance. And in particular low spin off the driver. In terms of what really matters about a ball the Pro V1x was higher spin than Pro V1 long, long before 2017. But as soon as the driver spin on Pro V1 went from slightly higher than Pro V1x to slightly lower than Pro V1 everyone got excited like the entire product line had fundamentally changed. 

Thank you for reiterating what I said ! 🙂

1 minute ago, tomjohn10 said:

Thank you for reiterating what I said ! 🙂

Sorry, I just can't help repeating this whenever someone says it. I've seen the whole "switch" mythology over and over and over constantly for years now and it drives me a little crazy (which is a short trip). 

3 hours ago, North Butte said:

100%...2017 ProV1 was the first year the V made it in my bag over the X, much improved driver performance. all previous iterations of V vs X has been higher spin with X on irons down to wedges.

On 10/29/2022 at 8:23 AM, tomjohn10 said:

Without getting into RPMs it’s been consistent “lower spin” messaging from titleist in the last several ProV1 releases. Back to the “switch” where they finally started saying the X spins more they were talking about especially in the long game how they were able to get ProV1 to spin less. 

https://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2019/02/26/know-the-differences-titleist-pro-v1-pro-v1x-golf-ball-equipment.html

article also mentions left dot influences. 

equipment changes, speed increases (ie avg golfer more athletic now) etc since the original ProV1 too. Too many variables to say how much different they actually are - that could vary golfer to golfer - but to say that proV1 hasn’t gotten lower spin by design over the years in the long game is a little ridiculous. 

Over the course of the 20 years now that the ProV has been available - you would likely see about a 200rpm difference in the original to now.  Maybe 1 mph in ball speed.  Not to say those numbers aren't potentially impactful - but about 99% of golfers would not be able to tell the difference.  And I am including everyone on this forum when I say that.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Tommyboi95 said:

Has anyone had a chance to compare the Left dot to the ‘22 AVX and Bridgestone BX?

I have/had 2 dozen of the left dots and played a lot of the BX as my gamer last year and AVX in the wind. 

I'd say the feel is right in the middle, not hard not soft. I feel much more confident swinging aggressively in the wind with the left dot over the AVX. On a smooth swing i would say they are very comparable getting through the wind. 

I didnt like the newest BX... I thought that was more spinny off my driver and 3 wood than with the left dot. The older BX was more similar off the driver but not as much greenside spin as the left dot.

Overall... in the winter and cold/crappy conditions i think the AVX is going to be very comparable. I live in the NW so when the greens are soft, spin isnt as much of a factor. In the summer time and hard ground conditions you definitely need the left dots spin... or at least i do. My SS is around 105-110 and i feel like when im swinging good in warm weather the AVX knuckles a little too much for me.

Compared to the BX...  the left dot has less spin off the long clubs but more on the short shots. It's also a touch softer. Very similar to prov1 to me. 

The closest comparable ball for me is the Chrome soft X LS newest version, which is my gamer (last year it was the previous version of BX). But if left dot was more available that would be my gamer for sure.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Airjenks said:

I have/had 2 dozen of the left dots and played a lot of the BX as my gamer last year and AVX in the wind. 

I'd say the feel is right in the middle, not hard not soft. I feel much more confident swinging aggressively in the wind with the left dot over the AVX. On a smooth swing i would say they are very comparable getting through the wind. 

I didnt like the newest BX... I thought that was more spinny off my driver and 3 wood than with the left dot. The older BX was more similar off the driver but not as much greenside spin as the left dot.

Overall... in the winter and cold/crappy conditions i think the AVX is going to be very comparable. I live in the NW so when the greens are soft, spin isnt as much of a factor. In the summer time and hard ground conditions you definitely need the left dots spin... or at least i do. My SS is around 105-110 and i feel like when im swinging good in warm weather the AVX knuckles a little too much for me.

Compared to the BX...  the left dot has less spin off the long clubs but more on the short shots. It's also a touch softer. Very similar to prov1 to me. 

The closest comparable ball for me is the Chrome soft X LS newest version, which is my gamer (last year it was the previous version of BX). But if left dot was more available that would be my gamer for sure.

So the left dot are NOT coming to retail right?

• Like 1

In reading the launch materials for the new Pro V1, it sounds like they incorporated some of the Left Dot characteristics (high gradient core) into the Pro V1.  Supposedly retains the long game characteristics of the Left Dot with more spin and control around the green.  Titleist say they have several Tour pros who play the Left Dot in the Pro V1 now.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g