Titleist Pro V1 Left Dot Retail Release?

G-Bone

33 minutes ago, jak77 said:

So you spent over $400 on two boxes of balls you weren't absolutely sure suited you?  😂

Yeah - I did that. I do a lot of experiments. Sometimes they work and sometimes they do not 🙂

I just prefer to make decisions based on my own usage by trying things.

Edited by coloradogolf
  • Like 1

Woods:  Titleist TSR3 8°, TSi3 13.5°, TSi3 Hybrid 18°
Irons:  Miura MB-101 1i-PW

Wedges: Miura Tour 51°, 56°, 60°

Putter: Axis1 Tour-B, Miura KM-008

2 hours ago, coloradogolf said:

Yeah - I did that. I do a lot of experiments. Sometimes they work and sometimes they do not 🙂

I just prefer to make decisions based on my own usage by trying things.

I'm with you, much rather do the testing myself.  I probably would've started with a couple sleeves first haha.  But you're entitled to do whatever you want with your money. 

I have a sleeve of this ball my pro gave me but havent taken them out.  From LM testing these seem ideal so hopefully Titleist gets these out in mass quantities soon.  

1 minute ago, jak77 said:

I'm with you, much rather do the testing myself.  I probably would've started with a couple sleeves first haha. 

You are correct. I would've preferred to try just a sleeve, but could not find one anywhere, so I got the 2 dozen 🙂

Woods:  Titleist TSR3 8°, TSi3 13.5°, TSi3 Hybrid 18°
Irons:  Miura MB-101 1i-PW

Wedges: Miura Tour 51°, 56°, 60°

Putter: Axis1 Tour-B, Miura KM-008

1 hour ago, tsecor said:

I haave a sleeve for sale if you want. $500.....lol

I have one too if the price is right GIR anyone

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV

There are some older boxes showing up on eBay now, one claiming 2013 and one 2015, both with the same filled in grey arrows as the 2021 release. 

If the left dot they gave us was really that old, no surprise they are looking for a way to incorporate the characteristics into a better ball materials-wise before another limited or general release. 

Hard to believe that a ball from 8 years ago would be the unicorn… but I’m in love with it so maybe it’s true. 

thoughts? 

Edited by tomjohn10
Cobra F8+ ProjectX HZRDUS Black 6.0
Nike VR Pro Ltd. Edition 15 ProjectX 6.0
Titleist 716 TMB 3 Iron, TT Dynamic Gold AMT
Nike Forged Blades (Original) 3-PW TT DG S300
Titleist Vokey 54 58 DG S400
Scotty Cameron Del Mar 3.5

3 hours ago, tomjohn10 said:

There are some older boxes showing up on eBay now, one claiming 2013 and one 2015, both with the same filled in grey arrows as the 2021 release. 

If the left dot they gave us was really that old, no surprise they are looking for a way to incorporate the characteristics into a better ball materials-wise before another limited or general release. 

Hard to believe that a ball from 8 years ago would be the unicorn… but I’m in love with it so maybe it’s true. 

thoughts? 

The left dot has been available as a tour only ball since 2013 and the markings have not changed.  That does not mean that all of the balls were made in 2013.  It doesn't even necessarily mean that they haven't tweaked anything since then.  I think they could get away with minor changes that don't make it fundamentally a "different ball" as far as the conforming list and performance go.

1 hour ago, cardigan said:

The left dot has been available as a tour only ball since 2013 and the markings have not changed.  That does not mean that all of the balls were made in 2013.  It doesn't even necessarily mean that they haven't tweaked anything since then.  I think they could get away with minor changes that don't make it fundamentally a "different ball" as far as the conforming list and performance go.

not trying to imply they were old 2013 stock, but the 2013 formulation. Not sure the actual rules but seems like the USGA would have a provision for one marking = one formulation? 

Cobra F8+ ProjectX HZRDUS Black 6.0
Nike VR Pro Ltd. Edition 15 ProjectX 6.0
Titleist 716 TMB 3 Iron, TT Dynamic Gold AMT
Nike Forged Blades (Original) 3-PW TT DG S300
Titleist Vokey 54 58 DG S400
Scotty Cameron Del Mar 3.5

I had played this ball when first released and was super impressed. I am a high-ball hitter (too high much of the time) and have enjoyed the AVX, but it just doesn't have the spin I need and felt I was also giving up some distance off the driver.

I recently purchased some more Left Dots and played a round yesterday with it. It is truly an ideal ball for me. The trajectory of my shots is appropriately lowered, distance as good as any ball out there (including Left dash, Tour BX, ProV1, CS X LS). Basically stop and drop. Greenside/short game spin awesome. Like the feel off the putter--a little more firm than ProV1, but not hard.

I was probably most impressed on full approach shots. The ball comes off hot, I just love the speed and it holds its line--very little side to side movement.

I have enough Left Dots to last me for a while, but I do hope they come to a more regular release, or that they make the new ProV1 similar...

1 hour ago, tomjohn10 said:

not trying to imply they were old 2013 stock, but the 2013 formulation. Not sure the actual rules but seems like the USGA would have a provision for one marking = one formulation? 

It likely gets down to the USGA submission rules are interpreted (and I'm no expert on that).  There been times in the past (like with Cut golf balls) that a company says that they addressed cover durability issues with golf balls but the markings didn't change.  The KSig original 3pc and the KSig 3pc 2.0 have the exact same markings with no explanation given by anyone.  There is probably some wiggle room for different process and the formulation of each layer.  If the cover is still urethane and still the same thickness but is a slightly different formula is that a different ball based on the rules?  I guess only the USGA could answer that.

See the "Ball Type Definition" section: 

https://www.usga.org/content/dam/usga/pdf/Equipment/2021 USGA Golf Ball Submission Guidelines Final.pdf

It certainly seems like Titleist has been more transparent that this golf ball not only exists, but is being used at the highest level and very well at that. All over their tour players' WITB's they're saying they're playing the left dot. Is this a hint that it's coming to retail? I don't see why they would let the players talk about it so openly on social media without any plan to release to the viewers.

Titleist TSR3 10* - Tensei 1K White 60TX

Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Mitsubishi Kaili White 70X

TRS2 21* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 80X

Titleist T100 - Project X 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM 9 48*/53*/58* - Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx

Taylormade Spider X

2023 ProV1X

18 hours ago, jjmurry said:

It certainly seems like Titleist has been more transparent that this golf ball not only exists, but is being used at the highest level and very well at that. All over their tour players' WITB's they're saying they're playing the left dot. Is this a hint that it's coming to retail? I don't see why they would let the players talk about it so openly on social media without any plan to release to the viewers.

Thing is that major OEMs that produce balls release prototypes that are tour only that never see the light of day at the retail level.  This has been done for a very long time.  With that being said, I do want to see Titleist produce enough left dot balls so that it's readily available for us hacks, lol.  Like they did with the left dash. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

On 8/18/2022 at 1:35 PM, cardigan said:

It likely gets down to the USGA submission rules are interpreted (and I'm no expert on that).  There been times in the past (like with Cut golf balls) that a company says that they addressed cover durability issues with golf balls but the markings didn't change.  The KSig original 3pc and the KSig 3pc 2.0 have the exact same markings with no explanation given by anyone.  There is probably some wiggle room for different process and the formulation of each layer.  If the cover is still urethane and still the same thickness but is a slightly different formula is that a different ball based on the rules?  I guess only the USGA could answer that.

See the "Ball Type Definition" section: 

https://www.usga.org/content/dam/usga/pdf/Equipment/2021 USGA Golf Ball Submission Guidelines Final.pdf

Submissions fall off the list after 12 months and require resubmission in order to be legal for any competition where the one ball condition is in effect. There is nothing stopping a company from reusing the same stamp for a different model as long as that stamp is not already on the list. There is also nothing stopping a company from submitting the same ball under multiple stamps as backups since the USGA occasionally tests retail samples to make sure that OEMs are not submitting conforming samples that differ from retail.

1 hour ago, storm319 said:

Submissions fall off the list after 12 months and require resubmission in order to be legal for any competition where the one ball condition is in effect. There is nothing stopping a company from reusing the same stamp for a different model as long as that stamp is not already on the list. There is also nothing stopping a company from submitting the same ball under multiple stamps as backups since the USGA occasionally tests retail samples to make sure that OEMs are not submitting conforming samples that differ from retail.

There's some stuff on there about waiting at least 3 years to reuse a stamp but some of that could be open to interpretation.

Talked to our Titleist rep when he dropped by the course last week. He said he doesn't know of any plans to release the Left Dot right now. Said they can't keep up with demand on the current line up due to supplies, labor, etc and to take a mfg line out of service to start up production of a new ball would not be in the cards right now. Just reporting what he said.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I swear that there's gonna be a few guys who buy up the entire stock when it's released again and resell them for 300%+ profit.  😑

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

I’ll grab my 2 dozen this time if they do another release. I could have gotten them this past time but just didn’t know what they would be. That’s all they’ll allow but I’m sure there are many that will be scamming the system to resell. Wouldn’t care if they were truly going to play the ball but buying them up to flip is just wrong. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, monks66 said:

some are asking for $150 a dozen...yeah its wrong...I would love to play the left dot in yellow, if that will happen

Yeah, the time I pay $150 for a dozen of balls I'd question my own judgement and sanity.  It would be a lock I'd play another brand of ball.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2022 at 12:02 PM, CPGolf14 said:

I'd love to give the left dot a shot. Hopefully we see the left dot replace the AVX for the next cycle.

I did a fitting for the TSR woods today.  I asked the Titleist rep about the left dot and he said his understanding is that the left dot will return, but it will remain a CPO product since it only fits a small percentage of golfers.

Titleist TSR4, 7.25*, Aldila Rogue Black 95 MSI 70 S
Titleist TS3, 14.25*, Speeder VC 8.2 Tour Spec X
Titleist 818 H2 17*, Speeder VC 8.8 HB Tour Spec S
Mizuno MP H5, 3 iron, C Taper Lite X
Mizuno MP H5 (4&5), MP 5 (6-PW), DG X100 SSx1
Cleveland RTX6 54/12 (bent to 53*) Raw & 58/10 Black, DG Spinner
Piretti Potenza 1.5
Ball - Titleist AVX Yellow

Just now, grochol17 said:

I did a fitting for the TSR woods today.  I asked the Titleist rep about the left dot and he said his understanding is that the left dot will return, but it will remain a CPO product since it only fits a small percentage of golfers.

I found a dozen of the hard-to-get Left Dashes on ebay... only $100, because they can...

• Sad 1

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

7 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I found a dozen of the hard-to-get Left Dashes on ebay... only $100, because they can...

Titleist recently released RCT versions of the left dash, which made me think that meant they we going to keep them in the line up.  A couple of days ago I noticed the left dash being back in stock at some retailers for the normal $50 per dozen.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4, 7.25*, Aldila Rogue Black 95 MSI 70 S
Titleist TS3, 14.25*, Speeder VC 8.2 Tour Spec X
Titleist 818 H2 17*, Speeder VC 8.8 HB Tour Spec S
Mizuno MP H5, 3 iron, C Taper Lite X
Mizuno MP H5 (4&5), MP 5 (6-PW), DG X100 SSx1
Cleveland RTX6 54/12 (bent to 53*) Raw & 58/10 Black, DG Spinner
Piretti Potenza 1.5
Ball - Titleist AVX Yellow