Titleist Pro V1 Left Dot Retail Release?

G-Bone

5 hours ago, tsecor said:

amazing #'s...shocked at the backspin though

Was a little spinny that day.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, elwhippy said:

Cannot imagine such a niche product coming to retail any time soon. 

The Left Dot is a previous version of the retail Pro V1 with a few tweaks to lower ball flight.  The consumer response to the Left Dot, and the feedback Titleist received, was phenomenal.  Titleist said on a Team Titleist call several months ago that if the Left Dot doesn't get another stand-alone release, it's characteristics will likely get incorporated into upcoming models.

I use the AVX (2022 version) and love almost everything about it - I just wish it had a touch more spin around the green.  I bought the Left Dots on the first release from Titleist and thought it was perfect.  Personally I think the AVX could morph into the Left Dot and Titleist could have an all Pro V1 premium line of balls.

Edited by dwboston
  • Like 4

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

On 7/11/2022 at 3:43 PM, Trippels said:

Both i suppose, and trajectory

Just wondering if they'll release both as individual products, or split the difference and make them into one

The left DOT response was better than expected at Titleist......keep your eyes open....Some people on the ball teams think the left dot could be the top seller in the lineup and as popular as the regular X.  Only time will truly tell.  

Edited by tsecor
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, tsecor said:

There has been a designation change on the Titleist website.....from "unavailable" to "OUT OF STOCK ONLINE"

It said "Out of Stock Online" previously - between the last limited retail release and very recently.

• Confused 1

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

This ball needs to be released. Have a few left over from my initial purchase when they were available. Played it yesterday and it just ticks every box I want. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SIM2 8 degree - Ventus Black 7x

SIM2 3 wood - Ventus Black 8x

Srixon ZX Utility 2 Iron - Ventus Black 10TX

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW - Project X 6.5

Mizuno T20 50/55/60 - Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

With Finau back to back wins and Joe Dirt winning the Open. I'm hoping they release these in the masses.    

• Like 2
Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

On 7/11/2022 at 7:39 PM, dwboston said:

The Left Dot is a previous version of the retail Pro V1 with a few tweaks to lower ball flight.  The consumer response to the Left Dot, and the feedback Titleist received, was phenomenal.  Titleist said on a Team Titleist call several months ago that if the Left Dot doesn't get another stand-alone release, it's characteristics will likely get incorporated into upcoming models.

I use the AVX (2022 version) and love almost everything about it - I just wish it had a touch more spin around the green.  I bought the Left Dots on the first release from Titleist and thought it was perfect.  Personally I think the AVX could morph into the Left Dot and Titleist could have an all Pro V1 premium line of balls.

I tend to agree the AVX will be "absorbed" into the prov line up.

The line up would look great if it was 

Prov1

Prov 1 Left Dot

Prov1x

Prov1x Left Dash

The "2nd tier" line up could be

Tour Speed

Tour Soft (whatever that means)

TruFeel 

Velocity

TBH, AVX does not fit anywhere IMO.  They could drop it all together

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tsecor said:

I tend to agree the AVX will be "absorbed" into the prov line up.

The line up would look great if it was 

Prov1

Prov 1 Left Dot

Prov1x

Prov1x Left Dash

The "2nd tier" line up could be

Tour Speed

Tour Soft (whatever that means)

TruFeel 

Velocity

TBH, AVX does not fit anywhere IMO.  They could drop it all together

The AVX is by far my favorite ball out of the line up so it is going to be very interesting to see the next progression of their offering.  I have this feeling I should stock up on a few dozen AND I should probably start evaluating the Left Dot for the possible/inevitable transition. 

Tony Finau on why he plays LEFT DOT. (Source Titleist.com)

• “I think equipment starts with the golf ball, not with the clubs, not with the woods, not with any other piece of equipment. It starts with the golf ball. I’ve always been a believer in that.
  • “The Left Dot golf ball is right for me because I’ve always put a lot of spin on the golf ball, so it’s the lowest spinning Titleist Pro V1 that is out on the market, and right away, it caught my eye because of the ball flight. I think if you can control your ball flight, you can control the distance. And it’s been such a reliable ball flight for me from the first time that I hit it. I think the best word I can use is just reliable. I can count on the golf ball in crosswinds, into the wind, downwind. I know how far the golf ball is going to go. And that’s a great feeling to have as a professional golfer. Distance control is up there probably with the most important things when it comes to striking a golf ball and playing golf.”

whats crazy is, as a rank amateur I can never relate to how these guys hit their shots or what they notice in their equipment...until I played this ball.

Last fall I played in a tournament on a difficult links course and it was windy....the left dot played exactly like he said...it was stable and the trajectory was perfect....for the 1st time in my life i can honestly say the ball saved me a few shots.....

• Like 3

Played my 1st full round with the Left Dot. Switching from the AVX to the Left Dot was not a big adjustment. Far superior for me than the regular PROV1 or the PROV1X. 

Kind of the grown up version of the AVX.  A little higher penetrating flight, firmer of course, and very nice spin around the greens.  

As many others have expressed, this would probably be a huge seller for Titleist. 

• Like 1

I've gotten more time with the current iteration of the ProV1X and quite like it but I would still like to try this ball. They seem like they are trying to generate more buzz around it with Finau specifically stating he plays the left dot. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X (Ai Smoke TD otw)
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

15 hours ago, The Pearl said:

Played my 1st full round with the Left Dot. Switching from the AVX to the Left Dot was not a big adjustment. Far superior for me than the regular PROV1 or the PROV1X. 

Kind of the grown up version of the AVX.  A little higher penetrating flight, firmer of course, and very nice spin around the greens.  

As many others have expressed, this would probably be a huge seller for Titleist. 

Excited for my first go around with them today. I also am switching from the AVX (hopefully). It's mostly about the firmer feel and greenside spin, so that's good to hear although it's not surprising. Going to be a slight adjustment at my Ross course which has... 12 false fronts. I imagine I am going to spin a few back off the front as I figure out I have to hit it a yard or two deeper into greens.

• Like 1

The real question is where are y'alll finding these below $100/box if thats even possible. I was able to ask our head pro to get em from their Titleist rep, and am only able to get 1 or 2 boxes every 6 months.

• Like 3

Callaway Paradym Triple🔹 8* - Ventus Blue TR 6X
Callaway Paradym Triple🔹 13.5* - Ventus Blue TR 7X
Callaway Paradym Triple🔹 18* - Ventus Blue TR 7X
Titleist T150 4-G - Axiom 105X
Vokey SM9 55*-60* - BGT ZNE 130
Scotty Cameron H21 Proto
Titleist ProV1

3 hours ago, TBD203 said:

Excited for my first go around with them today. I also am switching from the AVX (hopefully). It's mostly about the firmer feel and greenside spin, so that's good to hear although it's not surprising. Going to be a slight adjustment at my Ross course which has... 12 false fronts. I imagine I am going to spin a few back off the front as I figure out I have to hit it a yard or two deeper into greens.

Let us know what you thought relative to the AVX.

I had one left dot ball that the head pro at my father's cc gave to me to try when I played with him earlier this year.  I hooked it right into the trees 2 holes later, lol.  Obviously couldn't get good feedback as a result.  It felt firmer than the AVX but not as much as the left dash.  For those of you who have played both, what's the main difference?  What I gather so far is that it's lower launching and has a flatter trajectory than left dash.  My main interest is the differences with both balls with irons.  Left dash is almost the perfect ball for me but I could use a touch more spin with the short irons. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

3 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

I had one left dot ball that the head pro at my father's cc gave to me to try when I played with him earlier this year.  I hooked it right into the trees 2 holes later, lol.  Obviously couldn't get good feedback as a result.  It felt firmer than the AVX but not as much as the left dash.  For those of you who have played both, what's the main difference?  What I gather so far is that it's lower launching and has a flatter trajectory than left dash.  My main interest is the differences with both balls with irons.  Left dash is almost the perfect ball for me but I could use a touch more spin with the short irons. 

It’s def a flatter ball flight off driver but also off irons as well.  Spins a bit less than the left dash on all clubs, not just driver. 

• Thanks 1

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

On 8/4/2022 at 9:10 AM, ryan.pager said:

The real question is where are y'alll finding these below $100/box if thats even possible. I was able to ask our head pro to get em from their Titleist rep, and am only able to get 1 or 2 boxes every 6 months.

i nabbed some during the Titleist release.  Was on the phone with Titleist at the time and the rep told me the sales link was about to go live.refreshed the screen and got my order in.   

On 8/4/2022 at 9:48 PM, phizzy30 said:

It will be swing speed dependent but generally left dot will be lower spinning with the irons. If you want more spin with the irons I would try the regular X. 

I've have rotated the pro v, left dot and left dash over the last year and for me the left dash had the most spin with the short irons. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jc0 said:

It will be swing speed dependent but generally left dot will be lower spinning with the irons. If you want more spin with the irons I would try the regular X. 

I've have rotated the pro v, left dot and left dash over the last year and for me the left dash had the most spin with the short irons. 

I've tested the entire ProV1 line up and regular X spins too much for me all across the board.  I would rather err on the side of not enough spin with irons than too much spin.  I play on SoCal courses where I constantly have to deal with the Santa Ana winds.  Left dash is perfect for me BUT I don't quite get the spin I want with the short irons.  I think I will stick with the left dash for now.  I'm willing to wait it out for Titleist to put the left dot back into production again so I can get a box or two to test. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2