Titleist Pro V1 Left Dot Retail Release?

G-Bone

The left dot is so confusing. Seems like it is a top performer and I bet if they sold it it would outsell left dash significantly.  I like left dash but would trade it in a heartbeat for normal prov1 feel. 

I definitely plan to try the new prov1 but left dash is the only ball I can keep on a green with a full wedge. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jamie said:

Any guess on when the yellow will release?

I have them right now. I travel for my job and saw some 23 ProV1's on the shelf at a golf shop and snagged them up.  They only had a couple boxes left and they were yellow.  I'll test them against my Left Dots Sunday on a trackman.  I'll know immediately how close they are.  I can say that they feel a little softer off my putter and just chipping in the living room, which doesn't count.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, B.Easy said:

I have them right now. I travel for my job and saw some 23 ProV1's on the shelf at a golf shop and snagged them up.  They only had a couple boxes left and they were yellow.  I'll test them against my Left Dots Sunday on a trackman.  I'll know immediately how close they are.  I can say that they feel a little softer off my putter and just chipping in the living room, which doesn't count.  

I would be very interested in seeing the numbers between the two.  Please let us know!

• Like 2

On 1/18/2023 at 1:50 PM, CallawayLefty said:

The left dot is so confusing. Seems like it is a top performer and I bet if they sold it it would outsell left dash significantly.  I like left dash but would trade it in a heartbeat for normal prov1 feel. 

I definitely plan to try the new prov1 but left dash is the only ball I can keep on a green with a full wedge. 

That’s surprising. I was disappointed with left dash green side. It’s a monster off the tee, but nothing like V1x around the green for me.

Edit: I may have spoke too soon. You mean you spin them off the green?

Edited by chinaski

TSI3 9˚ AV White Raw 65X 

TSR2 15˚ Black 1K 75

Apex UW 19˚ RDX 80

T-150 4-PW - PX 6.0

RTX Zipcore Raw 48M/54M/60L 

Byron Morgan 029x PROTO-Carbon/2022 BB-1F

Pro V1X 

2 minutes ago, monks66 said:

As an AVX player, I would love to play the left dot, to see how it plays compared to AVX.

I love the AVX in the winter when I’m swinging slower and it’s cold, but when my swing starts to loosen up, it’s too low compression and starts doing weird things. For me, the left dot did all the things I like about the AVX, but its higher compression gave me better results when I was putting a good swing on it.

On 1/19/2023 at 8:55 AM, jak77 said:

I would be very interested in seeing the numbers between the two.  Please let us know!

Just got done testing the LD vs the 2023 ProV1 yellow vs 2021 ProV1 on a Simulator at my club.  Not the most accurate, but It was the first LM I had access to.  So, no good club data.  I also hit 3 different driver set ups to make sure of what I was seeing. TSR 3 9.25 w/ UB 7TX, TSR3 9.25 w/ Ventus TR 7X, and Ping G425 9 w/ Graphite Design AD TP 7TX.  

Also, there were a lot of misreads with the yellow.  It had a hard time picking it up for some reason.  I've been using these Sims for a lot of years and know my swing--So, I knew which to throw out.

Basically, it's an in-between ball.  Still closer in performance to the 2021 ProV1 for my swing in these tests.  All 3 driver set ups  produced similar findings. Some surprised me.  2023 ProV1 had faster ball speeds than both other balls by 1MPH average.  This surprised me the most because it felt slightly softer.  It launched .6 degrees lower and spun 113rpms less on average than the 2021 ProV1.  The left dot still spins about 200rpms less than the 23 ProV1 and launches .5-.7 lower.  

In my opinion, Titleist gave as much as they could whilst still keeping the 23 ProV1 a ball for the masses.  I'm impressed by the feel.  It was noticeable to me.  It also made me less stressed about getting access to the left dot.  Ball speed increase covers the difference for me to the point where I may just play the 23 ProV1.  That may not be the answer for some, but it will be for me. Carry distance was too close to say which was longest between the LD and 23 and I don't trust total distance on this launch monitor.  Both were a few yards longer than the 21.

As a side note, this is anecdotal and my first go around with this ball indoors.  Some facts about me and my swing--  Average SS today was 117.6 for 68 swipes of the ole arms.  As high as 126 and as low as 113.  Today I was pretty neutral with my path at 2.1* in to out and face was 1.2 open.  I'm 6'3 and 230lbs and a heavy mid-loader of the shaft that typically is +.5 to +2.5 up on the ball.  Driving the ball is my strength, followed by irons. Awful with my wedges and l lose 2 strokes a round against a scratch putting.

Sorry for being long winded.

• Like 4

On 1/19/2023 at 2:10 PM, chinaski said:

That’s surprising. I was disappointed with left dash green side. It’s a monster off the tee, but nothing like V1x around the green for me.

Edit: I may have spoke too soon. You mean you spin them off the green?

Correct.  I love the Prov1.  My only complaint with it is it gets a little too “lively” on full wedges and sometimes punishes good shots.  My home course has fast greens that mostly slope back to front.  And I also hit the ball very high.  The combination leaves me hitting a lot of wedges pin high on the fly and ending up with a 30 foot putt or even a chip after a wedge.  

The left dash takes care of that issue completely.  But then you get the issue of less grab on pitches and chips.  I also don’t love the feel and it definitely flies higher.  

My ideal ball would have prov1 feel and flight and spin in between prov1 and left dash.  I’m guessing the left dot actually probably is NOT that combo because I bet the spin is equal to the left dash.  Maybe the 2023 prov1 will be just right.  

7 hours ago, CallawayLefty said:

Correct.  I love the Prov1.  My only complaint with it is it gets a little too “lively” on full wedges and sometimes punishes good shots.  My home course has fast greens that mostly slope back to front.  And I also hit the ball very high.  The combination leaves me hitting a lot of wedges pin high on the fly and ending up with a 30 foot putt or even a chip after a wedge.  

The left dash takes care of that issue completely.  But then you get the issue of less grab on pitches and chips.  I also don’t love the feel and it definitely flies higher.  

My ideal ball would have prov1 feel and flight and spin in between prov1 and left dash.  I’m guessing the left dot actually probably is NOT that combo because I bet the spin is equal to the left dash.  Maybe the 2023 prov1 will be just right.  

If you read what I wrote above- The 23 ProV1 sounds like the ball you're looking for.

13 hours ago, CallawayLefty said:

I hope the v1 works out. I don't think any ball is worth more than typical premium retail. I would experiment with more 1/2 wedges and flighted shots to help. I rarely hit a full wedge anymore unless its deep rough and not really worried about spin there. Much more accurate for me. I play v1x on greens that get quick in summer and 1-2 hop and spin back close to pitch mark, nothing crazy. 

TSI3 9˚ AV White Raw 65X 

TSR2 15˚ Black 1K 75

Apex UW 19˚ RDX 80

T-150 4-PW - PX 6.0

RTX Zipcore Raw 48M/54M/60L 

Byron Morgan 029x PROTO-Carbon/2022 BB-1F

Pro V1X 

8 hours ago, B.Easy said:

If you read what I wrote above- The 23 ProV1 sounds like the ball you're looking for.

Did you happen to get iron or wedge numbers?  I was actually intrigued by your write up although I’ll say that the long end of the bag is where I care the least.  I would like something that spins less than 2021 Prov1 8 iron and down and especially full wedges (like the left dash), but then still grabs a bit on short shots.  Really wanting to try the 2023 and I hope it works.  

Honestly I can play either the left dash or 2021 Prov1 just fine, they just each have some minor things I don’t love.  I had thought for a long time that the dot would be the answer but just wrote it off due to unavailability.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, B.Easy said:

Just got done testing the LD vs the 2023 ProV1 yellow vs 2021 ProV1 on a Simulator at my club.  Not the most accurate, but It was the first LM I had access to.  So, no good club data.  I also hit 3 different driver set ups to make sure of what I was seeing. TSR 3 9.25 w/ UB 7TX, TSR3 9.25 w/ Ventus TR 7X, and Ping G425 9 w/ Graphite Design AD TP 7TX.  

Also, there were a lot of misreads with the yellow.  It had a hard time picking it up for some reason.  I've been using these Sims for a lot of years and know my swing--So, I knew which to throw out.

Basically, it's an in-between ball.  Still closer in performance to the 2021 ProV1 for my swing in these tests.  All 3 driver set ups  produced similar findings. Some surprised me.  2023 ProV1 had faster ball speeds than both other balls by 1MPH average.  This surprised me the most because it felt slightly softer.  It launched .6 degrees lower and spun 113rpms less on average than the 2021 ProV1.  The left dot still spins about 200rpms less than the 23 ProV1 and launches .5-.7 lower.  

In my opinion, Titleist gave as much as they could whilst still keeping the 23 ProV1 a ball for the masses.  I'm impressed by the feel.  It was noticeable to me.  It also made me less stressed about getting access to the left dot.  Ball speed increase covers the difference for me to the point where I may just play the 23 ProV1.  That may not be the answer for some, but it will be for me. Carry distance was too close to say which was longest between the LD and 23 and I don't trust total distance on this launch monitor.  Both were a few yards longer than the 21.

As a side note, this is anecdotal and my first go around with this ball indoors.  Some facts about me and my swing--  Average SS today was 117.6 for 68 swipes of the ole arms.  As high as 126 and as low as 113.  Today I was pretty neutral with my path at 2.1* in to out and face was 1.2 open.  I'm 6'3 and 230lbs and a heavy mid-loader of the shaft that typically is +.5 to +2.5 up on the ball.  Driving the ball is my strength, followed by irons. Awful with my wedges and l lose 2 strokes a round against a scratch putting.

Sorry for being long winded.

Don’t be sorry, thanks for the time to type that out!

Really appreciate the testing and feedback. Was hyped that they would release the left dot like they did the left dash. Doesn’t seem like it now so glad it looks like they brought the 23 ProV a touch closer to left dot. I can always use a little help bringing flight and spin down, even if it’s ever so marginally. 

Will be interesting to see how many current left dot users on tour switch to the new ProV. 

Thanks again!

• Like 1

I was able to attend the Team Titleist Talk yesterday, where they had a marketing and engineering rep on the call to talk about the ‘23 V/X and answer questions from the audience. The chat very quickly filled up with Left Dot questions, so they jumped in and addressed that from the start. Summarized takeaways :

- The core from the left dot and left dash have worked their way into the standard V/X offerings. Long game spin will be lower with more stable flight. The X will be a touch softer than ‘21

- Some of the pros using left dot (they specifically called out Keith Mitchell and one other player) immediately moved into the ‘23 V. It sounds like they’ve gotten the Pro V close enough to left dot that maybe all pros will eventually shift into it and there are no plans to do another left dot release at this time (DARN!!)

- Questions came up regarding any updates to left dash (they will continue to release this ball and mentioned it will be easier to find this year following supply chain issues in 2022) and that someone spotted a Pro V1X+ on the conforming list - they didn’t provide any specifics, but said “we have some exciting news in the CPO (Customized Performance Options) space coming this year! This was toward the end of the forum and they left us hanging. Obviously they addressed the left dot, but I’m curious what they’ve got here. Maybe they have an even lower spinning left dash or have made a new, even lower spinning version than left dot? I can’t imagine there’s a massive calling for a higher spinning X (assuming that’s the right +), but with the sales and highly sought after left dot, it certainly reinforces the desire for lower and lower spinning options in the market, myself included). While I have been gaming Pro V for years, I’d have certainly liked to see the left dot come to retail as I need the lowest launching/spinning ball I can get my hands on.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, jak77 said:

Don’t be sorry, thanks for the time to type that out!

Really appreciate the testing and feedback. Was hyped that they would release the left dot like they did the left dash. Doesn’t seem like it now so glad it looks like they brought the 23 ProV a touch closer to left dot. I can always use a little help bringing flight and spin down, even if it’s ever so marginally. 

Will be interesting to see how many current left dot users on tour switch to the new ProV. 

Thanks again!

I guess the increase in price for the new Prov1 is better than paying an arm and leg for the left dot. 

playing the left-, Im wanting to try the new Prov1

2 hours ago, CallawayLefty said:

Did you happen to get iron or wedge numbers?  I was actually intrigued by your write up although I’ll say that the long end of the bag is where I care the least.  I would like something that spins less than 2021 Prov1 8 iron and down and especially full wedges (like the left dash), but then still grabs a bit on short shots.  Really wanting to try the 2023 and I hope it works.  

Honestly I can play either the left dash or 2021 Prov1 just fine, they just each have some minor things I don’t love.  I had thought for a long time that the dot would be the answer but just wrote it off due to unavailability.  

Just warm up numbers.  Seemed very standard ProV1 to me.  I never trust indoor iron and wedge spin.  The mats always make spin too low.  I think it would be worth trying out.

51 minutes ago, CPGolf14 said:

I was able to attend the Team Titleist Talk yesterday, where they had a marketing and engineering rep on the call to talk about the ‘23 V/X and answer questions from the audience. The chat very quickly filled up with Left Dot questions, so they jumped in and addressed that from the start. Summarized takeaways :

- The core from the left dot and left dash have worked their way into the standard V/X offerings. Long game spin will be lower with more stable flight. The X will be a touch softer than ‘21

- Some of the pros using left dot (they specifically called out Keith Mitchell and one other player) immediately moved into the ‘23 V. It sounds like they’ve gotten the Pro V close enough to left dot that maybe all pros will eventually shift into it and there are no plans to do another left dot release at this time (DARN!!)

- Questions came up regarding any updates to left dash (they will continue to release this ball and mentioned it will be easier to find this year following supply chain issues in 2022) and that someone spotted a Pro V1X+ on the conforming list - they didn’t provide any specifics, but said “we have some exciting news in the CPO (Customized Performance Options) space coming this year! This was toward the end of the forum and they left us hanging. Obviously they addressed the left dot, but I’m curious what they’ve got here. Maybe they have an even lower spinning left dash or have made a new, even lower spinning version than left dot? I can’t imagine there’s a massive calling for a higher spinning X (assuming that’s the right +), but with the sales and highly sought after left dot, it certainly reinforces the desire for lower and lower spinning options in the market, myself included). While I have been gaming Pro V for years, I’d have certainly liked to see the left dot come to retail as I need the lowest launching/spinning ball I can get my hands on.

Thanks for this!  Exciting for sure!

So, my little test was kinda accurate!  I'm always nervous when I do any kind of "testing" and post about it, because I know everyone is unique.  Plus the accuracy of the launch monitor can be questionable sometimes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CPGolf14 said:

Thanks!!

• Like 1

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

37" Odyssey 2-Ball 10 Tour W/Superstroke Zenergy Tour 13"

Chrome Tour 

2 hours ago, monks66 said:

just to be clear, so the 2023 pro v1 will play like the Left dot?  performance and feel? 

Sorta, it will have the same core, but Left Dot is still a beast of it's own. Like he mentioned before, the new Prov1x has the same core of the Left Dash but still will spin significantly more 

17 minutes ago, G-Bone said:

Any markings left of the name (left dot, left dash) mean spin is being removed at some level from the ball.  Markings right of the name (as shown above) means some level of spin is being added to the ball.  The mark itself (dot, dash, star) is the measure of how much spin and where (long game, short game) is being added or subtracted. 

Very cool, thanks for the break down, didn’t know that

• Like 1