Titleist Pro V1 Left Dot Retail Release?

G-Bone

Ditto for me. Looking for more green side spin is what has me continuing to look for another ball. I was a TP5X player for years, but they messed it up with the current generation.

I don't think Titleist will ever produce enough Left Dot for it to be dependably resourced. I figure it's time to find something else I can depend on to be available when it's time to buy. Hope I'm wrong about that.

Current favorites are the '22 BX, BXS, and latest Pro V1.

• Like 1

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

54 minutes ago, B.Easy said:

No probs!  Dash is lowest spin I've ever tested and gamed from a premium ball. Used them starting in late 2019 to the summer of 21 until getting the Dot.  Really like the ball, but would prefer more greenside spin.

I’ve also played the dash quite a bit and definitely liked it almost everywhere, like you mentioned though, greenside spin isn’t quite what I’d like.  Feel gets a little rough too once you get into cooler temps.

….and by cooler I mean sub-50

Edited by DerekPersson
  • Like 2

Ping G425 LST 9*, HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 6.5TX Small Batch

Callaway XR 16 Pro 14*, Fujikura Speeder 765 Evo II TS X

Mizuno MMC Fli-Hi 20*, HZRDUS Black 105 6.5 Hand-Crafted

Miura MB-101 4-PW, Dynamic Gold X7

Miura Tour Milled 52, 56, 60, Dynamic Gold X7

Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Standard

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Jet Set

Titleist Pro V1 Left Dot 

1 minute ago, G-Bone said:

Coming from my connection inside - Titleist learned what they wanted to know from last year's Left Dot release. One was the demand was high, and two was the information they collected from the survey that came with the balls. In summary - the masses want a ball like the Left Dot. Combine that with the Left Dot being Titleist's most played 'tour only' ball on tour and the Pro V1 being Titleist's most popular 'retail' ball on tour brings them to one conclusion for the 2023 Pro V1... it will be a solid kin to the current Left Dot - with updated materials and dimple pattern.

Fingers crossed for all those that love Left Dot that all that is true!

Oooohhh mama!

Titleist Pro V1 Left Dot 

2 minutes ago, G-Bone said:

Coming from my connection inside - Titleist learned what they wanted to know from last year's Left Dot release. One was the demand was high, and two was the information they collected from the survey that came with the balls. In summary - the masses want a ball like the Left Dot. Combine that with the Left Dot being Titleist's most played 'tour only' ball on tour and the Pro V1 being Titleist's most popular 'retail' ball on tour brings them to one conclusion for the 2023 Pro V1... it will be a solid kin to the current Left Dot - with updated materials and dimple pattern.

Hope your source is correct 🤞

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

20 hours ago, G-Bone said:

Coming from my connection inside - Titleist learned what they wanted to know from last year's Left Dot release. One was the demand was high, and two was the information they collected from the survey that came with the balls. In summary - the masses want a ball like the Left Dot.

Combine that with the Left Dot being Titleist's most played 'tour only' ball on tour and the Pro V1 being Titleist's most popular 'retail' ball on tour brings them to one conclusion for the 2023 Pro V1... it will be a solid kin to the current Left Dot - with updated materials and dimple pattern.

If I'm reading this part correctly; next year's ProV1 becomes what the LD was (all or in part), and there's no separate LD release.

24 minutes ago, jak77 said:

If I'm reading this part correctly; next year's ProV1 becomes what the LD was (all or in part), and there's no separate LD release.

It's hard to say and most likely not that cut and dry.

There may be a minor LD release this summer but likely even smaller than last year.

In addition, there is no telling if Titleist may refresh the LD from its current state and still have an LD tour only ball that is a tweaked 2023 retail Pro V1.  After all, that is how the LD originally came to life. 

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

On 3/16/2022 at 10:22 AM, B.Easy said:

No probs!  Dash is lowest spin I've ever tested and gamed from a premium ball. Used them starting in late 2019 to the summer of 21 until getting the Dot.  Really like the ball, but would prefer more greenside spin.

I know this is a Left dot thread, but since we discussed this earlier…

Got the Z-Star Diamonds out today and it was WINDY….like 30 mph sustained with gusts to 40+.  I was very impressed.  Left Dash-like performance off the Driver, but with softer feel with better spin numbers off all irons and wedges. Definitely better from 100 yds and in with respect to spin and control. (better than the Z-Star XV as well)

Didn’t find any bunkers today but I assume they’d be nice out of there as well.  Feel on the putter was very nice too…not too marshmallowy like a Bridgestone Tour BXS and not too clicky like the Dash and XV.  Just a nice in between “thud” feel.

Great ball for sure.  It’ll be between these and the Bridgestone Tour B X for me this season assuming no more dots.

• Like 2

Titleist Pro V1 Left Dot 

17 minutes ago, DerekPersson said:

I know this is a Left dot thread, but since we discussed this earlier…

Got the Z-Star Diamonds out today and it was WINDY….like 30 mph sustained with gusts to 40+.  I was very impressed.  Left Dash-like performance off the Driver, but with softer feel with better spin numbers off all irons and wedges. Definitely better from 100 yds and in with respect to spin and control. (better than the Z-Star XV as well)

Didn’t find any bunkers today but I assume they’d be nice out of there as well.  Feel on the putter was very nice too…not too marshmallowy like a Bridgestone Tour BXS and not too clicky like the Dash and XV.  Just a nice in between “thud” feel.

Great ball for sure.  It’ll be between these and the Bridgestone Tour B X for me this season assuming no more dots.

That's awesome!  Thanks for sharing the feedback!  I agree completely.     

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2022 at 12:25 AM, QuigleyDU said:

The dot was my fav ball last year. It was near perfect. The new Srixon diamond has become my replacement. It is as close to the dot as anything I have found. 

I tend to agree with this. I played 18 today, the front nine with the Srixon Diamond, and the back 9 with the Left dot.  They play and feel similar.  If I had to try and distinguish the 2, I thought the Diamond had a touch more spin and felt a touch softer.  Minor differences, not major.  The Diamond is a really good substitute for the Left dot, since the left dot isn't commercially available.

• Like 2

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

16 hours ago, Mob said:

I tend to agree with this. I played 18 today, the front nine with the Srixon Diamond, and the back 9 with the Left dot.  They play and feel similar.  If I had to try and distinguish the 2, I thought the Diamond had a touch more spin and felt a touch softer.  Minor differences, not major.  The Diamond is a really good substitute for the Left dot, since the left dot isn't commercially available.

What about durability on the Diamond? This has been my only issue with previous Srixon premium balls.

3 hours ago, nitram said:

What about durability on the Diamond? This has been my only issue with previous Srixon premium balls.

I think the Srixon Diamond cover is alittle less durable than the Titleist.  Not a game changer for me, as I typically play 1 or 2 balls per round at my home course, and it is fine for that amount of play.  I probably need a little more time playing with it, to be sure of this, but this is my initial impression after playing a couple of rounds with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)

On 4/4/2022 at 8:44 AM, nitram said:

I had the outer cover literally rip on me with 2 of the 6 balls I’ve played with.  Performance otherwise was great.  Tour BX and Diamond are closest to the Dot in my experience.

CDFD93BA-5C90-4A0B-8FD2-C4846543C517.jpeg

• Sad 1

Titleist Pro V1 Left Dot 

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2022 at 6:03 PM, Mob said:

One update I would give on the Diamond.  The Srixon Diamond cover is alittle less durable than ProV1 urethane cover.  It seems to stain easily, and scuff alittle easier.  I have not had any seam issues or cover splitting, like some have noted above. Not a deal breaker for me, as I rarely go more than one round with a ball, but just an fyi.

Edited by Mob
  • Like 1

LEFT HANDED

Just bumping the post to see if anyone had any intel regarding our precious Dots!  

• Like 1

Titleist Pro V1 Left Dot 

1 hour ago, nitram said:

C . . . R . . . I . . . C . . . K . . .E . . .T . . .S

Well damn!

• Haha 1

Titleist Pro V1 Left Dot 

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, tsecor said:

If you look back through this thread, i mentioned I have a "source" inside Titleist that has direct knowledge of the ball program. 

The Left Dot will see retail, its the timing that is in question.  Fall of 2022 was the original timeline but that is in question right now. In short, Titleist is trying to "wedge" in the left dot in the lineup and MAY...i stress MAY end up knocking AVX out of the lineup at some point.  Bottom line is, Titleist is set to release left dot at the retail level, the question is when. The last I heard, fall of 2022 may be pushed out to summer of 2023.....we'll see. This ball has been around for years on the tour, so IMO (not sourced info), left DOT may see an improvement before retail launch with core and dimple pattern "improvements. All that being said, production is not happening right now so who truly knows.....but thats all the info i have.

Appreciate the update!, thanks!

• Like 1

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

On 6/9/2022 at 12:44 AM, elwhippy said:

Good things come to those who wait. 

Not that long.  We are right in the middle of prime golf season.  Was hoping they would come out this year (early fall).  😭

Edited by My2Dogs

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

On 4/3/2022 at 6:03 PM, Mob said:

I played both balls and I disagree. As we know feel is very subjective but for me, the left dot was longer and felt better (a little softer). With the left dot, it feels explosive off the driver face as oppsed to a new TP5X which feels "heavy" to me off the driver face.  The diamond felt fine, but to me, definitely not as "lively" or 'explosive"

50 yards and in, the diamond felt too harsh for me.....performance was fine and held the green pretty good. = to the LD.

But as we know, feel is so personal

2 hours ago, tsecor said:

I played both balls and I disagree. As we know feel is very subjective but for me, the left dot was longer and felt better (a little softer). With the left dot, it feels explosive off the driver face as oppsed to a new TP5X which feels "heavy" to me off the driver face.  The diamond felt fine, but to me, definitely not as "lively" or 'explosive"

50 yards and in, the diamond felt too harsh for me.....performance was fine and held the green pretty good. = to the LD.

But as we know, feel is so personal

so you're saying the Left Dot felt softer 50 yards and in but more "explosive"(firmer) off the driver compared to the diamond? dang might be worth that $200 price tag on the bst haha

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, tsecor said:

100%.....left dot is the best ball ive ever hit. Period.....

I agree, I need a restock. Hopefully they come to market here soon...

• Like 1

TM Qi10 LS 9° LAGP A-series Low 60 - 5(X) Limited Release

Cobra King Speedzone 14.5° LAGP Tour AXS BLU 70X

TM 2019 P790 3 19° LAGP A-series Low Hybrid 105

TM 2019 P790 4-P LAGP L-series 120i - 5(X)

TM MG4 50.09° SB 54.11° SB 60.08° LB LAGP L-series 120i - 5(X)

SIK Pro C-Series Armlock LAGP TPZ 180 | Titleist 23’ Pro V1x 

On 3/17/2022 at 4:17 AM, G-Bone said:

Coming from my connection inside - Titleist learned what they wanted to know from last year's Left Dot release. One was the demand was high, and two was the information they collected from the survey that came with the balls. In summary - the masses want a ball like the Left Dot.

Combine that with the Left Dot being Titleist's most played 'tour only' ball on tour and the Pro V1 being Titleist's most popular 'retail' ball on tour brings them to one conclusion for the 2023 Pro V1... it will be a solid kin to the current Left Dot - with updated materials and dimple pattern.

I really hope this update is on the money, if the 2023 ProV1 is close to the left dot, I'll be investing in many many dozen!!

My WITB:
Titleist TSR2 10* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 🇺🇸 First Responder LE 75 S

Titleist TS3 16.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-F 75 S

Titleist TS2 21* - Graphite Design Tour AD-F 85 S

Titleist T150 (4-PW) - KBS Tour Stiff

Vokey SM9 52.08F - True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Vokey SM9 56.12D - True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Vokey Wedgeworks 60B - True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

2021 Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport 2

2023 Titleist Pro V1x

• 2 weeks later...