2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Titleist not offering 4-for-3 in 2022?

Shadrach

17 hours ago, Sparty4202 said:

I just received an email from our pro regarding the Titliest Loyalty Promotion for 2022. According to him the only company offering a 4/3 deal this year is going to be Callaway.

Callaway is the only company offering a buy 3, get 1 free promotion in 2022! It has been confirmed that due to supply chain issues, Titleist, Bridgestone, and Taylor Made are unable to fulfill orders this season.

Srixon has 24 packs of the Z-Star and Z-Star XV available online at DSG/GG for $65.  2 of those is basically a buy 3 get 1 deal (actually a little cheaper).  Looks like it's just for white balls and I don't see it for any of there other models (diamond or lower tier).

7 hours ago, cardigan said:

Srixon has 24 packs of the Z-Star and Z-Star XV available online at DSG/GG for $65.  2 of those is basically a buy 3 get 1 deal (actually a little cheaper).  Looks like it's just for white balls and I don't see it for any of there other models (diamond or lower tier).

If they do the ◇ I'll be all over that deal.

9* Titleist TSi3 AD-DI 7X
14.5* Cobra Radspeed D+ 80x
4-48* Titleist T150 w/Project X LZ 6.0
51* Srixon Z785 

56*/60* Taylormade MG2 TW Grind w/ S400 
Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser
Titleist Pro V1x

After seeing the profit Titleist made on golf balls last year, they should be offering at least buy one, get one free this year! Holy smokes.

• Like 1

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

2 minutes ago, BdaGolfer said:

Got an email from my club today that the 4 for 3 is on until the end of March.

Hmm I was told it starts on March 25th end mid April. I was told for sure it is running. 

Nothing on the website yet though. 

The promo is live on the Canadian site now. https://www.titleist.ca/loyalty-rewarded 

Starts March 25th - "until supplies last"

My rep tells me that the end date will April 15th this year. I am sure the US version will go live soon on the web page. 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 2:38 PM, gioreeko said:

After seeing the profit Titleist made on golf balls last year, they should be offering at least buy one, get one free this year! Holy smokes.

Can't sell what you potentially won't have. Not saying that's exactly the case here, but when faced with potential supply & materials issues, it makes no financial sense to give away something you could be selling instead.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xkilgorextroutx said:

Can't sell what you potentially won't have. Not saying that's exactly the case here, but when faced with potential supply & materials issues, it makes no financial sense to give away something you could be selling instead.

In the short term it does not, in the long term it just might. I am one of those guys that buys my golf balls each year realigously as part of the loyalty program. If they did drop it, I might end up trying something else and liking it better. Long term customer gone.  

I know lots of companies that let employees go with the pandemic hit to keep their margins up as business dropped. Now they can't get people back. Short term decisions with long term ramifications. 

Edited by 2bGood
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 2bGood said:

In the short term it does not, in the long term it just might. I am one of those guys that buys my golf balls each year realigously as part of the loyalty program. If they did drop it, I might end up trying something else and liking it better. Long term customer gone.  

I know lots of companies the let employees go with the pandemic hit to keep their margins up as business dropped. Now they can't get people back. Short term decisions with long term ramifications. 

If you got to another ball because OMG you didn’t get a free dozen, then something tells me you were never loyal in the first place. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 7:06 PM, xkilgorextroutx said:

If you got to another ball because OMG you didn’t get a free dozen, then something tells me you were never loyal in the first place. 

Loyalty is a two way street. Company decides to change their business practices, they can't expect customer to stay with them blindly no matter what. 

Personally I would not have moved on. I might not even need balls this year as I loaded last spring... but all the same I think they were smart to keep the program going. 

Edited by 2bGood
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, 2bGood said:

Loyalty is a two street. Company decides to change their business practices, they can't expect customer to stay with them blindly no matter what. 

Personally I would not have moved on. I might not even need balls this year as I loaded last spring... but all the same I think they were smart to keep the program going. 

so when a company changes biz practices due to ongoing conditions in order to do what they can, they lose your loyalty? What a great customer 🙄 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, 2bGood said:

Loyalty is a two street. Company decides to change their business practices, they can't expect customer to stay with them blindly no matter what. 

Agree 100%.  It has nothing to do with having a promotion vs no promotion.  It's about loyalty to a product or company based on what they offer.  If Footjoy started making garbage shoes, I would quit wearing them.  Callaway's golf balls have improved again.  They were good up until a few years ago.  I was loyal to them up until that time.  Their quality control started slipping, so I quit playing their golf balls.  I went back to Titleist after a hiatus and will not be going back to Callaway balls ever.    I remain loyal to Ping clubs because I have immense respect for the  company, the family who owns it, their personal beliefs and values (which align with my own), and their business practices.  Nothing against other manufacturers, but I would wait 6 months for clubs from them rather than buy another company's stuff because I can get it faster.

I don't play all Ping clubs since I love the Odyssey #9 style far more than Ping's version of the heel-shafted mid-mallet.

Thanks for the heads up on the Pro V1 promotion.  I'll keep my eyes open for when it starts. In 2020, I remember waiting 4 months to get my promotional order.  I had three calls from Morton Golf Sales (another top-notch company) during that time asking if I wanted to cancel because of the wait.  I was fine waiting.

Edited by Anser3

8 hours ago, 2bGood said:

As you say -"it make no sense to give away something you can sell." They could have not been giving them away for years before this too. So what has change this year? Golf business has been better than ever. Their parent company had year over year EBITDA increase of 41%. It not like they are having trouble keeping the doors open. 😆

I get being a loyal customer to business that is struggling through a tough time and has to raise prices to survive, but being loyal to company that raises prices when they have never been more successful? okay...sure

Their only loyalty is to their stockholders. Period. Be realistic. You want free stuff. They want to ensure they have enough materials on hand to continue to make money. 

Folks claiming to love the ball but will run away to another vendor as soon as they don’t get their free dozen make me laugh. You never had any loyalty to them. 

Edited to add - you complain about their earnings, but it’s been reported in multiple places that materials shortages will be impacting sales and stock availability this year. So it’s not about what $$ they’ve made. It’s about having stock actually on hand to be able to sell. Why give something away, when there’s a potential to not even have any to sell shortly down the road? That’s the point I’m trying to make. 

Edited by xkilgorextroutx
  • Like 2

On 3/1/2022 at 9:43 AM, cardigan said:

Seems to be sold out at GG or no longer available 

2 hours ago, payerasjl said:

Try Dick's Sporting Goods.  They may still have the promotion.  I saw they did the other day after catching this on the forum (didn't try to buy any on GG but I saw Dick's was running the same promotion--makes sense since they are owned by the same company).

The marketing is loyalty, but the strategy is volume purchasing.  Absent a discount, a rational consumer is just not buying 3/4 dozen at a time - there's zero benefit.  At that point, the switching costs to either a) trying a new ball or b) just buying whatever you find when you need it, drop to a point where I'd believe there's measurable risk for certain consumer profiles. 

A cynical person may think the rumors of supply shortage were a trial balloon to see if early season, bulk purchasing levels were maintained, and that they could always run the discount if they weren't, but, it also could totally be just a deeply held emotional belief in rewarding loyal users of their highest margin, most commodified product 😇.  

All that said, I absolutely love a discount, so sign me up for March 25!

• Like 2

Titleist TSi3 Ventus TR

Titleist TSr2+ Ventus TR

Titleist TSr3 18 Ventus TR

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-6 | Tour 7-PW $-Taper

Mizuno T20 50/54/58 $-Taper

SC Phantom X 5.5 / Bettinardi Tour Exempt LN BB1

3 hours ago, payerasjl said:

They are out of stock at both DSG and GG now.  I never saw them offered anywhere else.  I guess it was a limited promotion between Srixon and DSG even though I never saw any advertisements for it.

2 hours ago, cassel191919 said:

Trust me I want you to be right, hopefully he got bad information.

I could be both right and wrong. WRX is an international forum, I am sure different things happening in different countries. Maybe it also depends on your clubs contract etc with Titleist. At any at rate I can say my club is doing it. Someone above also mentioned their club had started it. 

On 3/1/2022 at 3:58 PM, scottaz said:

Got a notification from my club today that Cally is doing the buy 3 get one free deal.  

On 3/1/2022 at 7:58 PM, 2bGood said:

Heard from my rep, Titleist will be offering the loyalty program this year. But only for a 3 week window. Said it is starting 3 weeks from now. Fingers crossed this is accurate. 

Glad to hear the rumors of the demise of the loyalty program may not be true!  Whoever is going to give me a 4 for 3 deal is getting my business.  

• Haha 1

On 2/28/2022 at 4:31 PM, Sparty4202 said:

I just received an email from our pro regarding the Titliest Loyalty Promotion for 2022. According to him the only company offering a 4/3 deal this year is going to be Callaway.

Callaway is the only company offering a buy 3, get 1 free promotion in 2022! It has been confirmed that due to supply chain issues, Titleist, Bridgestone, and Taylor Made are unable to fulfill orders this season.

Just got my weekly e-mail blast from my club. From 3/10 to 4/3 Taylormade TP5/TP5x are buy 3 get one free. I have also heard Titleist should be happening around the same timeline.

Driver - Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 8° w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X

Fairway Wood - Callaway AI Smoke Max 18° w/ Project X Denali Blue 70 6.0

Hybrid - Ping G430 21° w/ Accra TZ6 Proto 85H M5

5 Iron - Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal Pro w/ Nippon Modus 120S

6-GW - Mizuno JPX 923 Forged w/ Nippon Modus 120S

Approach Wedge -  TaylorMade MG3 52° w/ Nippon Modus 115

Sand Wedge - Callaway JAWS Full Toe Raw Black 56° w/ Nippon Modus 125

Lob Wedge - Callaway JAWS Full Toe Raw Black 60° w/ BGT ZNE 130

Putter - Odyssey Ai-One Double Wide DB 32.5" w/ Garsen Max Grip

Ball - Callaway Chrome Tour Triple Track

Unless I'm missing something I don't understand your math.  Two for $65 doesn't sound like buy 3 get 1.  Are these last years models?