2021 BMW Championship

KBong

Just what is this supposed to mean?

1 hour ago, 18majors said:

Koreans won, fairly and squarely, they deserve all the accolades.  But, it's also true that LPGA isn't for the better because of that.

It's loaded with less savory racial and cultural undertones . . . and I'm pretty sure that is not what you are really trying to express.

• Like 1

27 tournaments completed, 21 different winners from 12 different countries. I'd say the tour is doing pretty good. 

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

1 hour ago, Argonne69 said:

Yeah, different protocols at the moment. The JLPGA's tournament this week had plenty of fans.

spacer.png

Look what I found....based on @BadgerLin calling out the 1M+ viewers of the fashion thread as CREEPY.

Here's a "Creeper in Training" getting the LOVELY Ha Neul "SKY" Kim's autograph for last time as she retires.

The kid is so SMART at such a young age....fanboying a pro who wears KNEE HIGHS.😍

The kid will be Creeper Certified in 50 years.🤣

BTW...kid PUT ON your face mask......don't follow in the footsteps of Dean "Chin Strap Face Mask" Herdin.😂

spacer.png

1 hour ago, 18majors said:

We all want the best to win; but to grow the game we need more nations to produce winners.

The PGA tour has always been dominated by one country....the USA....I'd say the PGA tour is doing fine without a lot of other nations winning a lot.

Growing the game has a lot more than just watching golf....it's about participating and playing golf and talking/convincing others to play golf and helping them stay in the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KBong said:

I don't believe @BadgerLin thinks Yoo's apparel was creepy...I think Badger was too shy or too nice  to come out and EXPLICITLY call out all the old geezer horn dogs in the LPGA fashion thread as CREEPY who looked at the fashion thread over 1 million times.🤣

Knee highs RULE!....Kaboom Baby!

No need for a fashion thread to recognize "creepy" behavior, it's hard to miss unless you refuse to acknowledge it.

1 minute ago, Golf Dino said:

Albane Valenzuela!   American by birth, Mexican father, French mother, Swiss citizen at 14 and represents la Suisse at Olympics.  Maybe not as flagrant as Rory S., but an exampe nonetheless!  😛 😂

I think you're interpreting his post incorrectly.

I think he's asking who on the LPGA is the MOST ANNOYING.

IMO...the most annoying on the LPGA would be Crusty Kerr, SNaP Stacy, Christina Kim, Popov and Danielle Kang...I'd include Wie and Paula the Pink Diva...but they are now HAS BEENS.

Maybe I'm interpreting his post incorrectly too.

7 minutes ago, KBong said:

IMO...the most annoying on the LPGA would be Crusty Kerr, SNaP Stacy, Christina Kim, Popov and Danielle Kang...I'd include Wie and Paula the Pink Diva...but they are now HAS BEENS.

No i was doing a bit of both -- who is "growing the game" coming from a completely different country in a weird (and annoying way).  Rory Sabattini certainly is annoying and well, he's from Slovakia (officially) - has won and technically, is somewhat (hopefully) growing the game in Slovakia winning the Silver medal! (?) 🤣

Call me selfish...apart from bring in more junior golfs.....I don't care about growing the game.

Why?

I'm getting tired of all new CLOWNS playing golf....a bunch of HACKS, slow players who have no idea or care about PoP, no regards for etiquette, no care for maintaining the course (not fixing divots &, ball marks nor raking the bunkers)....they race around the course in carts yelling and drinking a lot, etc.

I don't know if it was a new golfer or a regular golfer...2 weeks ago...on the 2 days I played golf...some CLOWN wore football or baseball cleats...you could see the foot marks on the greens....SMH.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, KBong said:

Call me selfish...apart from bring in more junior golfs.....I don't care about growing the game.

Why?

I'm getting tired of all new CLOWNS playing golf....a bunch of HACKS, slow players who have no idea or care about PoP, no regards for etiquette, no care for maintaining the course (not fixing divots &, ball marks nor raking the bunkers)....they race around the course in carts yelling and drinking a lot, etc.

I don't know if it was a new golfer or a regular golfer...2 weeks ago...on the 2 days I played golf...some CLOWN wore football or baseball cleats...you could see the foot marks on the greens....SMH.

Join Vancouver Golf Club.  Or on a much more affordable level, Richmond G.C. off of Steveston next to the big Buddhist temple.

4 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

Rory Sabattini certainly is annoying and well, he's from Slovakia (officially) - has won and technically, is somewhat (hopefully) growing the game in Slovakia winning the Silver medal! (?) 🤣

Do we have any info that Rory is really having an impact bringing more people into golf in Slovakia?

IMO....the person who really sent a nation BUZZING into golf was Se Ri Pak

Although I've never been to S, Korea,,,but the people who can afford to play golf are absolutely addicted to golf....supposedly the HUGE driving ranges there are packed with golfers.

And it's not just Korean men ADDICTED to golf...but the Korean women are equally ADDICTED.

There are a ton of golf courses here where the tee sheets are dominated with Korean golfers...males and females.

I know a Korean lady (addicted to golf too) who moved back to S. Korea years ago to assist her sister who opened a screen golf (Golfzon) business.

They have many regular customers who belong to private clubs...they play golf during the day at the private clubs...only to come to their screen golf business at night to play more golf with their friends.

This lady said S. Korea was in a economic slump in 1998 and it was Se Ri's USWO win that helped lift the spirits of the people of the nation.

Yes, Tiger brought many new golfers into the game...but Tiger didn't really influence a huge number of women to enter the game like Se Ri influenced the S. Korean women to enter the game.

Annika...maybe the female GOAT....I don't believe had a significant impact making Swedes GOLF CRAZED....I could be wrong.

17 minutes ago, Golf Dino said:

Join Vancouver Golf Club.  Or on a much more affordable level, Richmond G.C. off of Steveston next to the big Buddhist temple.

VGC's initiation jumped from $50000 in 2018 basically w/o a waitlist to now $80000 because of the pandemic...they had 80 people on the waitlist last year and stop taking applications....maybe a 4-5 year waitlist...similar to the other premier privates in the GVRD.

I was considering doing a trial membership at RGC years ago...but the drive for me makes it a non consideration....not only crossing the Lions Gate and driving through downtown...but the hwy 99 through Richmond is a gong show.....the same traffic nightmare occurs when I've played Kings Links too.

I've played RGC a few times in charity scrambles...I like the crowned greens.....but the layout...especially the back 9 is a bit boring.

We knew a staff/employee who invited us to RGC in Nov 2019...the course was in terrible shape....a muni.... Burnaby Mtn was in superior condition vs. RGC.

Beach Grove has a cheaper initiation...but's it's a bit short and only ok layout...again the drive is a NIGHTMARE.

But ya....please etransfer me $80000...I'm sure I'll find a nice private who'll accept it into their waitlist for my membership...thanks.🤣

FWIW...I'm the wrong nationality to get myself into Cap.🤣

Edited by KBong
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, KBong said:

I don't believe @BadgerLin thinks Yoo's apparel was creepy...I think Badger was too shy or too nice  to come out and EXPLICITLY call out all the old geezer horn dogs in the LPGA fashion thread as CREEPY who looked at the fashion thread over 1 million times.🤣

Knee highs RULE!....Kaboom Baby!

You read that right, KBong (aka Mr3Putt)!  I do like the knee socks, although that look hasn’t gotten to Badger land yet.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, KBong said:

I know your “reasoning”, faulty as it may be, about some of those players, but haven’t read what bugs you so much about Popov?

1 hour ago, BadgerLin said:

I know your “reasoning”, faulty as it may be, about some of those players, but haven’t read what bugs you so much about Popov?

I just didn't care for Popov's whining that after she won the 2020 WBO and complaining how she couldn't play in the upcoming ANA.

2020 was a strange year due to the pandemic and some rescheduling of events on the LPGA tour.

There was a hard stop date for qualifying for the 2020 ANA...she was past that date with her WBO win.

Her 2020 WBO qualified her for play in the 2021 ANA. 

11 minutes ago, KBong said:

There was a hard stop date for qualifying for the 2020 ANA...she was past that date with her WBO win.

I second your opinion, I don't care for that player either.  "She has no class."

"Mina carried the entire match for the Americans", she said at the interview after she and Celine Boutier lost their four balls match to Mina Harigae and Yealimi Noh at the Solheim Cup.

People just don't say something like that even if it's true; especially moments earlier the TV just showed Yealimi won #16 to seal the deal for the Americans.

• Like 1

Hmmm. In Gee with a white TaylorMade fairway wood in her bag? A bit odd for a Ping staffer. 

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

5 minutes ago, 18majors said:

I second your opinion, I don't care for that player either.  "She has no class."

"Mina carried the entire match for the Americans", she said at the interview after she and Celine Boutier lost their four balls match to Mina Harigae and Yealimi Noh at the Solheim Cup.

People just don't say something like that even if it's true; especially moments earlier the TV just showed Yealimi won #16 to seal the deal for the Americans.

Yes....I forgot about that......I remember watching the interview and saying to myself...WTF...what a classless thing to say about your opponents and trashing Yealimi.

Yes...ya might feel that way...but keep it to yourself...what you're saying will be heard and seen by many.

Popov....what a SORE loser.

Talking about SORE losers....It's obvious that I don't like Stacy "SNaP" Lewis.....Beijing 2013.

FWIW....I simply copied the below...but it copied & pasted in large text format

“I feel like it was just taken from me,” Lewis said in her post-round news conference. “You’d like to win on a good shot, but, obviously, it wasn’t a good shot.

https://www.golfchannel.com/article/golftalkcentral/lewis-frustrated-fans-tourney-after-loss-feng

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

Hmmm. In Gee with a white TaylorMade fairway wood in her bag? A bit odd for a Ping staffer. 

You got a picture?...an Aeroburner?

It's a bit weird....I believe a while ago In Gee lost her Ping endorsement....now she has a Ping staff bag...yet on ping.com...she is not one of the LPGA staff pros on their site.
Maybe her current Ping sponsorship is not as encompassing as her past endorsement.

FWIW...I'm still gaming a RBZ Stage 2...3HL I bought it used in 2014 for $65...others have tried to knock it out of the bag unsuccessfully....but at times...it has missed behaved costing me untimely strokes.

I've read that Ping FW's are very good and forgiving.

I think my recent used Ping 410 driver will finally knock my M3 driver out of the bag....I was procrastinating selling some clubs....including getting rid of the Ping 410....but the M3 was acting like a POSER 5 weeks ago and went back to the Ping 410.

I will admit...the Ping head is very forgiving...the reason why decided I wanted one and got it for a pretty good price too.

If I wasn't a cheapa**...I'd get a 425...and I couldn't find a good deal on a 400 Max....so 410 it is.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KBong said:

Yes....I forgot about that......I remember watching the interview and saying to myself...WTF...what a classless thing to say about your opponents and trashing Yealimi.

Yes...ya might feel that way...but keep it to yourself...what you're saying will be heard and seen by many.

Popov....what a SORE loser.

Talking about SORE losers....It's obvious that I don't like Stacy "SNaP" Lewis.....Beijing 2013.

FWIW....I simply copied the below...but it copied & pasted in large text format

“I feel like it was just taken from me,” Lewis said in her post-round news conference. “You’d like to win on a good shot, but, obviously, it wasn’t a good shot.

https://www.golfchannel.com/article/golftalkcentral/lewis-frustrated-fans-tourney-after-loss-feng

Also definitely something she shouldn’t have expressed in the interview, but it obviously wasn’t a good shot.  I remember that even ShanShan turned away in disgust immediately after she hit it. I have always felt that Stacy has been one of the most thoughtful, influential and non-phony players on tour.  Yes, she often appears pouty on the course, but she gives actual answers in interviews, not just platitudes, and obviously cares deeply about the growth of the LPGA.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KBong said:

IMO....the person who really sent a nation BUZZING into golf was Se Ri Pak

Although I've never been to S, Korea,,,but the people who can afford to play golf are absolutely addicted to golf....supposedly the HUGE driving ranges there are packed with golfers.

And it's not just Korean men ADDICTED to golf...but the Korean women are equally ADDICTED.

There are a ton of golf courses here where the tee sheets are dominated with Korean golfers...males and females.

I played a course yesterday in the country, about a half hour outside Grand Rapids, which isn't the most diverse place in America to begin with, let alone once you get out into the sticks.  Behind us were two Korean couples with their little children.  At least I'm about 90% sure they were Korean, my asian language skills are ~ nonexistent.  Looked like they had a great time and I was glad that it wasn't super busy so the kids (couldn't have been older than 7 or 8 ) could be kids.

No knee highs, though, it was too cold.

I still would like to see a major over there, co-sanctioned by all four major tours (LPGA, JLPGA, KLPGA and LET), alternating between Japan and Korea, maybe with the occasional detour to China, Thailand, Oz or New Zealand.  

• Like 1