2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

PXG Gen 5?

StillCantPutt

New Sugar Daddy wedges releasing this year. They are doing more bounce/grinds with this release as well as chrome, darkness, and raw finishes. Big disk weight in the center of the head like the gen4 irons. No word on pricing yet, but that's always set at the last minute (because of Bob).

I’ve also heard rumblings on new drivers. They’re testing new finish colors in the sunlight (matte black and a flat grey). Similar in shape to the original SIM, similar all carbon, dark/matte grey crown. Bottom was matte black like the gen4 with disk weights in new positions than previous drivers. Pretty cool looking but I wouldn't read too much into those heads -- lots of "tour only" stuff never sees the light of day.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, StillCantPutt said:

New Sugar Daddy wedges releasing this year. They are doing more bounce/grinds with this release as well as chrome, darkness, and raw finishes. Big disk weight in the center of the head like the gen4 irons. No word on pricing yet, but that's always set at the last minute (because of Bob).

I’ve also heard rumblings on new drivers. They’re testing new finish colors in the sunlight (matte black and a flat grey). Similar in shape to the original SIM, similar all carbon, dark/matte grey crown. Bottom was matte black like the gen4 with disk weights in new positions than previous drivers. Pretty cool looking but I wouldn't read too much into those heads -- lots of "tour only" stuff never sees the light of day.

I didn't know what I did to Bob, but he needs to stop trying to bankrupt me...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jj9000 said:

The $2 off per club on the Gen3 has got me really ponding things.

$133 per club...vs...$135 per club.

I didn't pull the trigger at $135 per club...but...this is hard to pass up at $133 per club.

$5 off per club in Canada 

$165 vs $170 lol that’s not going to help me pull the trigger maybe Boxing Day sale will help me

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, StillCantPutt said:

Show us some pics you tease! Lol

6 hours ago, StillCantPutt said:

Someone else mentioned new irons…have you heard anything about Gen 5 irons? Personally, I hope they hold off another year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walker678 said:

I just called them.  They said the 0211DC's with the MMT 80 shafts swing weight at C9.  When I asked if they would increase the swing weight to D2 if I ordered some, he said no.  He said they can/will only adjust swing weight on the 0311s.

Did you work directly with them, or did you go thru a 3rd party?

Directly with them.  They all assured me they will make mine exactly as I ordered them.  Call and ask for Brian. As a matter of fact they came yesterday and were not as ordered. they sent me a two day shipping label and said they will correct it to what I ordered.

Edited by dhacker56

On 12/3/2021 at 2:10 PM, StillCantPutt said:

I just purchased a couple Sugar Daddy wedges (54 bent to 55 and a 60).  Now of course this comes out.  Lol. I’m ok as I’m not certain how much better they can make milled wedges anyway.  If they are that much better, then I might have to get those as well- not if they are the normal $650 for a wedge price though.  I upgraded the shafts to the KBS Hi Rev.  Really wanted to go with the black finish but wasn’t willing to pay and extra $150 per wedge for that so I went with the chrome. 

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Proxima 6X

Callaway Ai Smoke TD Mini Driver 13.5*- Ventus TR Blue 7TX

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

On 12/3/2021 at 1:34 PM, lc1342 said:

Call PXG. They have more than what’s on the website. 

I have twice but it’s been at least 2 months since I called. Said all they had in X fled were the true temper elevate and as of last month the dg 120 x100

TM Qi10 9* ... 2024 HZRDUS T1100 60x

TM BRNR Mini 13.5 ... 2024 HZRDUS T1100 70x

TM Qi10 Tour 6w... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

TM Qi10 Tour 4h... KBS Proto Hybrid 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS $-Taper 125 S+

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

On 12/2/2021 at 3:59 PM, dhacker56 said:

I don't know what to tell you but c9 was without anything extra at standard length.  Go you know how easy it is to pick up 3 SW point? My fitter said up to D2  with a 70 g shaft.  Now put in a 115 gram shaft and see what it bumps to.  Easily could be made up to D4 with just a 2-4 gram tip weight.

I've ordered 2 sets of 0211 ST with different shafts, Elevate Tour &  Steelfiber i95. Rep on first order said no problem, Rep on 2nd order said he'd request it but not sure they could do it. PXG nailed it each time. 

• 1 month later...

Gen 4 ST irons just popped in price.  Must be selling well.

Edited by BirdieBob

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 8*, Vanquish 4TX // Tour 9*, Diamana WB 53X // 0311 9*, Ventus Blue+ 5X

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, KBS Tour Proto HY 95/105 S+

PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

5 hours ago, Blownbudget said:

Doesn’t 0311 refer to their irons. 0811 Drivers ?  Seems odd they have a new driver that follows the 0311 moniker.  

Good catch - I didn’t see that earlier.  Maybe they will standardize the lines into 0211 and 0311?

Edited by Soccerrick10