2022 LPGA Season Odds and Ends

Argonne69

11 hours ago, Seamus_McDuff said:

Darius Rucker Intercollegiate will be on Golf Channel next week. No Stanford, but some decent teams playing. 

https://longcoveclub.com/darius-rucker-intercollegiate

Very cool that this will be on Golf Channel!  I wondered why the tournament wasn’t on Friday-Sunday as it was in the past.  We’ve been going to it for 4 or 5 years (snowbirds on Hilton Head).  We started going for a chance to walk Long Cove GC.  It’s  a beautiful course on an island full of them.  We think it seems equal to Harbor Town, the Heritage tournament course.  (This year we’re staying a very short chip shot off the HTGC 1st green 😁).    In the past we’ve followed Jennifer Kupchow (beautiful swing), Maria Fassi (all over the course), and Leona McGuire ((VERY serious, kind of glum- glad to see she’s lightened up a lot).  So who are some top college players this year?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, 18majors said:

Final words from Phil Mickelson:

I'm too lazy to read it.

I LUV FIGJAM...he's SO FUNNY.

I seriously thought he WAS LOSING HIS MIND.🤣

I said last week on this forum that I wouldn't be surprised that the SGL never got off the ground...unless fans want to watch the likes of Pink Shirt Poulter, Westwood, etc....BORING.

3 hours ago, BadgerLin said:

Very cool that this will be on Golf Channel!  I wondered why the tournament wasn’t on Friday-Sunday as it was in the past.  We’ve been going to it for 4 or 5 years (snowbirds on Hilton Head).  We started going for a chance to walk Long Cove GC.  It’s  a beautiful course on an island full of them.  We think it seems equal to Harbor Town, the Heritage tournament course.  (This year we’re staying a very short chip shot off the HTGC 1st green 😁).    In the past we’ve followed Jennifer Kupchow (beautiful swing), Maria Fassi (all over the course), and Leona McGuire ((VERY serious, kind of glum- glad to see she’s lightened up a lot).  So who are some top college players this year?

South Carolina and Wake Forest are probably the two best teams at this event. Lindbland from LSU might be the best individual but not by much. SC(Darling) and WF(Kuehn) both have good a good #1. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

How on Earth did Sung Hyun fall to #137 in the world? I know it's tough to stay at the top, but 137th? So Yeon was #1 5 years ago, and has managed to stay in the top 25. Stacy was at the top, and has managed to stay in the top 50. Of course Yani is the poster child for the mighty fallen.

The worse part about this...... Namdalla might be off the tour by 2023....therefore a LPGA bucket list item for me won't be crossed off.

I will never get to meet or chat with any Attack Girls who might have flown into Van City from S. Korea for the 2023 CWO here....I'm SAD.😭

Golf is TOUGH and CRUEL.

I came across a YT USGA vid last night...it showcased JUNIOR as per @fanofseri.....you know JUNIOR...others will not...yes....Seong Eun-Jeong...a stellar Am career....yet she became a golf casualty before she even started...she has fallen of the face of the planet golf wise.

Last I heard...JUNIOR was working the bag drop at Sky 72 in Incheon🤣

Edited by KBong
  • Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 7:08 AM, Argonne69 said:

How on Earth did Sung Hyun fall to #137 in the world? I know it's tough to stay at the top, but 137th? So Yeon was #1 5 years ago, and has managed to stay in the top 25. Stacy was at the top, and has managed to stay in the top 50. Of course Yani is the poster child for the mighty fallen.

If you figure it out I'd sure like to know.  She still looks impressive but the results?  Woof.

It's incredible to me that Yani is still out there grinding away when she hasn't won on tour in 10 years.

On 2/22/2022 at 7:08 AM, Argonne69 said:

Stacy spent the entire 2019 season ranked outside the top 50, she hit 105th in early 2020.

3 hours ago, postfold said:

It's incredible to me that Yani is still out there grinding away when she hasn't won on tour in 10 years.

Cause she's bored....no husband, no children....likely comes out on tour to chat and hang out with some old friends.

Same could be said about Dame Laura....she's spending a lot of $ playing on tour...in the last few years she's done a lot more trunk slammin than playing on the weekend.

2 hours ago, ChronicSlicer said:

Stacy spent the entire 2019 season ranked outside the top 50, she hit 105th in early 2020.

Stacy gave birth to her daughter in Oct 2018.....so family time with child and hubby were likely her priorities in 2019 & 2020 and maybe still even today.

Namdalla does not have a husband nor child.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, postfold said:

If you figure it out I'd sure like to know.  She still looks impressive but the results?  Woof.

Won? How about starting with a made cut. She played in 9 events last season, and had one DQ and 8 missed cuts. Sixteen rounds played, and she shot 80+ in five of them. She hasn't made a cut since October 2018 where she finished 60T.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

1 hour ago, Argonne69 said:

Won? How about starting with a made cut. She played in 9 events last season, and had one DQ and 8 missed cuts. Sixteen rounds played, and she shot 80+ in five of them. She hasn't made a cut since October 2018 where she finished 60T.

It's almost like she made a faustian bargain.  2-3 seasons as simply the best in return, a decade of missed cuts, plunging world ranking, etc.  

I simply have never seen such a loss of confidence as the case is with Yani.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Golf Dino said:

It's almost like she made a faustian bargain. 

Wonderful comment👍

• Like 1

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

1 hour ago, fredogolfer said:

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2022/02/23/q-series-gabriela-ruffels-rookie-lpga-epson-tour/

I'm so tired of the "missed Q-Series by a stroke." It's like saying oh, so and so missed the cut by a stroke. It's not some cruel stroke of fate like some are trying to make it our to be. 

More nonsense from GIGGLES Beth Ann who continues to struggle writing something noteworthy....while the LPGA tour is in hibernation for another week.

1 hour ago, 18majors said:

The first tournament of 2022 Epson Tour attracted an all star cast:

Epson Entries

Frida Kinhult

Agathe Laisne

Maddie Szeryk

Gina Kim

Kristen Gillman

Haley Moore

Andrea Lee

Jaclyn Lee

Alexa Pano (A)

Anna Belac

Pauline Roussin-Bouchard

Jillian Hollis

Gabriela Ruffels

Hello McFly...WTH...how could you OMIT a Great Lady of China....WeiWei Zhang...or affectionately known as TingTing on ss.com.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, woahnelly said:

Yani is akin to the female David Duval 😞

Is Rose Zhang still slummimg it at Stanford ? 

I think you just insulted Duval....just sayin.

I would hope that the head coach has benched The Zhangter and taken her off the travelling team considering how Rose embarrassed Stanford at the last event.

Heck Cally might have re-thought any endorsement contract....no announcement yet.

1 minute ago, KBong said:

I think you just insulted Duval....just sayin.

I would hope that the head coach has benched The Zhangter and taken her off the travelling team considering how Rose embarrassed Stanford at the last event.

Heck Cally might have re-thought any endorsement contract....no announcement yet.

😂😂

I believe DD still tees it up at The Open once a year and is good for an 80-78-fish+chips and quick flight home 

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, KBong said:

Stacy gave birth to her daughter in Oct 2018.....so family time with child and hubby were likely her priorities in 2019 & 2020 and maybe still even today.

Namdalla does not have a husband nor child.

I'm certainly not saying her child was not a priority, but she did play 18 events in 2019, so basically a full schedule.

1 hour ago, woahnelly said:

😂😂

I believe DD still tees it up at The Open once a year and is good for an 80-78-fish+chips and quick flight home 

When In Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿… you should try ordering a “Deep Fried Mars Bar” at the same fish 🐠 & chips 🍟 shop

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-fried_Mars_bar

535537FC-F7F6-4CE2-8A20-E7E6D8B83C19.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1