2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

2022 Callaway Rogue ST drivers (in-hand photos)

GolfWRX

2 minutes ago, 70sinsight said:

Which weights are we talking about? Pretty sure if it is the round weight the previous ones work for it. 

My apologies, yes the round weight in the heel of a Max D. Forgot about the rear weight. 

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

On 4/6/2022 at 8:59 PM, Dan Drake said:

I doubled up & went with a Rogue ST TD paired with a Rogue White 130.  

Haven’t hit it yet, but MAN, it sure is pretty!!!!!!!

Yep, it’s as good as it is pretty.  

Try this on for size: I walked out of the office to the practice tee & pegged 4 shots.  I was so happy with 3 of the 4 that…….

……I put the club back in my trunk WITHOUT EVEN ADJUSTING THE ADAPTER!!!  

It’s perfect as is.  

• Like 2

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

16 minutes ago, 70sinsight said:

Which weights are we talking about? Pretty sure if it is the round weight the previous ones work for it. 

I have the regular max and haven’t found any back weights. I forgot the other model has the round weight. 

Rogue st Max 10.5 Tour AD VR 6

Titleist TSi2 16.5 Tour AD DI 7

Titleist Ts2 20 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75

PXG Gen 2 22 Hybrid Kiyoshi Purple

Cobra King Tour 5-g KBS Tour 115
Ping S159 56W and 60B Modus 125
Bettinardi BB-28SB

I ordered my Max LS at -1/2 and requested D3.  Not sure what the weight is, but it’s definitely lighter than my PXG 0811X.  The Rogue feels lighter and just works for me, but I prefer lighter swing weights.

The Rogue is just easy to swing and I don’t have to try and go after it like I did with the PXG.

• Like 2

I ordered my Max at - .75", and asked that .5" of that be tipped from Tensei AV Blue 65 Reg shaft. Also with a std Plus 4 MCC grip, no extra tape build up. Using an online SW calculator (Hireko) mine came in at D2.5 (stock spec supposedly D3), and the head weighs 194 grams.  Had my IZ cut down to the same 45" playing length, and it measures about a D1.8, but is a slightly lighter shaft than the Tensei AV Blue too.  Has a Tour Velvet grip which is 2 grams lighter than the Plus 4 that will eventually go on it.

I will double check these weights at some point at a local shop. I didn't add any hot melt, yet. I may just use a little lead tape, though. I'd likely only add no more than two grams to the head and lead tape is a much more flexible option.  Driver already sounds plenty good, and muted. 

Edited by wolverine_man

Rogue ST Max 9* (IZ-6 SR)

TSi2 @ 16.5* (Ventus Red 6R, -2g)

TSi2 @ 21* (Motore X F3 7S, -2g, tip'd .5")

818 H1 @ 24* (Diamana S+ 82S, tip'd 1.5")

Pro 223 5-GW (Modus3 115 - S) 

RTX6 54/10, RTX6 59/7 (Modus 115 Wedge - S, 1* flat) 

Queen B6- '24 BX

29 minutes ago, wolverine_man said:

I ordered my Max at - .75", and asked that .5" of that be tipped from Tensei AV Blue 65 Reg shaft. Also with a std Plus 4 MCC grip, no extra tape build up. Using an online SW calculator (Hireko) mine came in at D2.5 (stock spec supposedly D3), and the head weighs 194 grams.  Had my IZ cut down to the same 45" playing length, and it measures about a D1.8, but is a slightly lighter shaft than the Tensei AV Blue too.  Has a Tour Velvet grip which is 2 grams lighter than the Plus 4 that will eventually go on it.

I will double check these weights at some point at a local shop. I didn't add any hot melt, yet. I may just use a little lead tape, though. I'd likely only add no more than two grams to the head and lead tape is a much more flexible option.  Driver already sounds plenty good, and muted. 

Shafts have different balance points and locations of heavier materials, too.

There was a 1 SWP different between my Tensei Blue, ZF, and AD XC

• Like 2

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

I did a Trade Up/Trade In order for a Max LS 9* a few weeks back when they were offering the 50% bonus. I really didn't need a new shaft but I wanted to try the new head and there's no way to order just the head. 

Around the same time I'd just bought an Epic Speed Max LS 9* head to try. I started hitting the Speed Max LS very well...better than I've ever hit a driver! 

I decided to leave the new driver wrapped.

Meanwhile Callaway has processed my TU/TI credit with the 50% bonus. They've also provided a return mailing label for the new un-hit Rogue Max LS driver which I dropped off at UPS today, so I should get a full-credit return for that. 

I will likely still try a Rogue Max LS head at some point but I'm super happy with the Speed Max LS.

I thought others would want to know that the TU/TI credit is handled separately from the purchase/return side. This ended up helping me liquidate some clubs I might have struggled to sell otherwise. 

• Like 2

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

Just got my Rogue max and I can’t believe how great this driver is. I was having some serious driver issues with my mavrik. Swing and ball flight all over the place. Put the Rogue ST max in the bag and am blown away. It’s so accurate and even the mis-hits are incredible. This thing is a slice killer. Couldn’t be happier with this club. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KevCannon said:

Just a quick update for anybody considering the Rogue ST drivers. I now have 8 rounds played with my Rogue ST Max LS playing at 9 degrees w/ Fujikura Ventus TR 6s (tipped 1/2”) playing at 45”. This club has been absolutely lights out for me, accurate and long. I get there are honeymoon periods especially with drivers, but this driver head is something special. The ball speed retention across the face is so impressive, and the spin stays in a good enough window on miss hits that I’m not losing a lot of distance on those strikes. I really thought i was going to put a TSi3 in the bag this year but there is no way I’m messing with this club. Only negative about these drivers is the “speed cartridge” (b.s.) weight in the back not being interchangeable for swing weight/ball flight changes.

I agree with everything you say on this post. I bought the Max LS and was going to go TSI3.  On course this driver is just so consistent. I hit two balls on multiple holes and they ended up in the same place horizontally.  That showed me consistent spin and distance. 

Just a quick update for anybody considering the Rogue ST drivers. I now have 8 rounds played with my Rogue ST Max LS playing at 9 degrees w/ Fujikura Ventus TR 6s (tipped 1/2”) playing at 45”. This club has been absolutely lights out for me, accurate and long. I get there are honeymoon periods especially with drivers, but this driver head is something special. The ball speed retention across the face is so impressive, and the spin stays in a good enough window on miss hits that I’m not losing a lot of distance on those strikes. I really thought i was going to put a TSi3 in the bag this year but there is no way I’m messing with this club. Only negative about these drivers is the “speed cartridge” (b.s.) weight in the back not being interchangeable for swing weight/ball flight changes.

That is awesome to hear!  I ordered the exact same set up except did not tip it.  Out of curiosity what’s your swing speed with driver?  When I was fitted I hit the driver with both ventus blue and black.  Love the blue feel but the black gave me better spin and dispersion but feel wasn’t there.  Went ahead and ordered the TR without hitting it.

15 hours ago, buu said:

That is awesome to hear!  I ordered the exact same set up except did not tip it.  Out of curiosity what’s your swing speed with driver?  When I was fitted I hit the driver with both ventus blue and black.  Love the blue feel but the black gave me better spin and dispersion but feel wasn’t there.  Went ahead and ordered the TR without hitting it.

I’m between 106-108 right now, generally creep closer to 110 mph when weather gets a bit warmer. I was using Ventus Blue 6x untipped , my friend had a TR 6s that was tipped the 1/2” and loved it, so ordered identical specs.

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST MaxLS 9*w/Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s

Callaway Epic Flash sz 15* /Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7s

Titleist Tsi2 hybrid 18* /GD Tour AD IZ 85x

Titleist T-100s 4-GW /PX Lz 6.0

Titleist SM9 54-12d, 60-10s /PX Lz 6.0

Bettinardi BBzero

51 minutes ago, KevCannon said:

I’m between 106-108 right now, generally creep closer to 110 mph when weather gets a bit warmer. I was using Ventus Blue 6x untipped , my friend had a TR 6s that was tipped the 1/2” and loved it, so ordered identical specs.

Thanks.  I’m in the same range as you as well so that’s really helpful.

4 hours ago, buu said:

Thanks.  I’m in the same range as you as well so that’s really helpful.

No problem. Based on your description of ventus blue & black, you should love the TR. I could play it untipped but like I said l, tried my friends TR and it was giving me basically perfect launch conditions, and felt like a ventus blue took steroids and hit the gym hard…lol

Enjoy that combination, I know i am.FYI  I added about 5 grams of lead tape to the driver head, to bring head weight up close to 200g. 

Bettinardi BBzero

No problem. Based on your description of ventus blue & black, you should love the TR. I could play it untipped but like I said l, tried my friends TR and it was giving me basically perfect launch conditions, and felt like a ventus blue took steroids and hit the gym hard…lol

Enjoy that combination, I know i am.FYI  I added about 5 grams of lead tape to the driver head, to bring head weight up close to 200g. 

Thanks for the heads up.  I asked Callaway to make the club come in at d3.  Let’s see how close they get.  Hit em well!!!

Excited I scored a head and shaft for the same exact setup I was fit into by Callaway. Rogue ST Max D GD AD TP. Can’t wait to get this going. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

1 hour ago, buu said:

Thanks for the heads up.  I asked Callaway to make the club come in at d3.  Let’s see how close they get.  Hit em well!!!

They aren’t going to add any weight to the head. It will weigh somewhere between 194-195 grams. Every post I’ve read and anybody I’ve spoke to that ordered shorter than stock length the head weight has been the same. Most they will do is add a tip weight in bottom of shaft, and personally i hate that in driver and fwy woods. Hotmelt or lead tape.

Bettinardi BBzero

They aren’t going to add any weight to the head. It will weigh somewhere between 194-195 grams. Every post I’ve read and anybody I’ve spoke to that ordered shorter than stock length the head weight has been the same. Most they will do is add a tip weight in bottom of shaft, and personally i hate that in driver and fwy woods. Hotmelt or lead tape.

When I did my fitting the fitter used different weights in the head. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

4 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

When I did my fitting the fitter used different weights in the head. 

was the head the triple diamond or max D head? Those 2 heads have a weight port with the screw in weights that Callaway has used for years. Unfortunately the ST Max and ST Max LS only have the back “speed cartridge” weight that has the safety screws in it.

Bettinardi BBzero

2 hours ago, KevCannon said:

was the head the triple diamond or max D head? Those 2 heads have a weight port with the screw in weights that Callaway has used for years. Unfortunately the ST Max and ST Max LS only have the back “speed cartridge” weight that has the safety screws in it.

Yes, was a Max D head and it was the port screw. Rookie to Callaway drivers. I only went and did the fitting for fun and it was free and now I own a new driver.

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Surely someone could easily make different speed cartridge weights, aftermarket.  I'm talking about that inner rectangular piece, and not the orange decorative outer cover. 

• Like 1

Rogue ST Max 9* (IZ-6 SR)

TSi2 @ 16.5* (Ventus Red 6R, -2g)

TSi2 @ 21* (Motore X F3 7S, -2g, tip'd .5")

818 H1 @ 24* (Diamana S+ 82S, tip'd 1.5")

Pro 223 5-GW (Modus3 115 - S) 

RTX6 54/10, RTX6 59/7 (Modus 115 Wedge - S, 1* flat) 

Queen B6- '24 BX

I had the max Ls and loved it but thought I was hitting it a touch low. I traded for a triple d head and for me, yes the triple d does launch it a bit higher than the max ls which is perfect for me. Definitely less forgiving. The standout to me though was similar to what some have said about the triple d sound. The one I have has this weird delayed metallic resonating boing sound that happens after the initial thud. It is weird yet somewhat satisfying. The max ls had a better sound and feel to me. After one range session I can tell the triple d good shots are going to be better and the bad shots will be worse, but I can live with the bad ones, and driving is the best part of my game. I have tested max, max ls and now triple d outdoors with my same shaft and could honestly game any of them. For me, they all do exactly what callaway say they do if that helps anyone make a decision.

• Like 3

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

On 4/16/2022 at 3:48 PM, halfsumo said:

I had the max Ls and loved it but thought I was hitting it a touch low. I traded for a triple d head and for me, yes the triple d does launch it a bit higher than the max ls which is perfect for me. Definitely less forgiving. The standout to me though was similar to what some have said about the triple d sound. The one I have has this weird delayed metallic resonating boing sound that happens after the initial thud. It is weird yet somewhat satisfying. The max ls had a better sound and feel to me. After one range session I can tell the triple d good shots are going to be better and the bad shots will be worse, but I can live with the bad ones, and driving is the best part of my game. I have tested max, max ls and now triple d outdoors with my same shaft and could honestly game any of them. For me, they all do exactly what callaway say they do if that helps anyone make a decision.

Similar experience here. Max ls definitely launches lower than the TD. After trying them both on the course I’ll be sticking with the TD. Not seeing too much incremental fall off in distance on the TD mis-hits and the higher launch and fade bias suits my game better

Got my ST Max D head from a great seller here and my shaft from the bay. Now just need to cut it down to 44.75” and add my heel weight. This thing looks like it wants to be hammered with the  head shape. Coming from PXG and SIM driver head shapes, this thing looks so good at address. Just swing hard and let her go. Can’t wait to get it on the course this weekend. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I’ve not played three times with the Rogue Max LS.  This driver is just really good.  It replaced a PXG 0811X that was good, but I had to really go after it to get good results.  I play a cut and the Rogue Max LS is just easy to hit and I don’t have the hard pull miss I had with the PXG.  The Max LS just looks good, sounds good and is long.

I’m slowly drifting towards Callaway in the bag.  Rogue driver, UW 19* that is ridiculous and Callaway wedges.