2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

2022 Callaway Rogue ST drivers (in-hand photos)

GolfWRX

On 4/16/2022 at 4:16 AM, wolverine_man said:

Surely someone could easily make different speed cartridge weights, aftermarket.  I'm talking about that inner rectangular piece, and not the orange decorative outer cover. 

They do, I have seen them in the Top Golf catalog. Since Top Golf does most of the OEM parts/accessories, its just a question of time as to when it will appear on FleaBay or say Billy Bobs 4 sale. Or you can order it from Top Golf now.

I was still mulling a 9* head in the Max LS but the more I play the 10.5* turned down to 9* the more I am appreciating the open face so my flight is now a baby fade and it softens my hook miss tremendously. Even then I can't believe this head is soooo forgiving like I have never seen in any Callaway head before.

Also, see all these YouTubes that poo poo the lack of WOW techy improvements ala Carbonwood face but after seeing the issues with those face on the TM threads, I think I'll appreciate the "mere" refinements Callaway has done in the Rogue ST line than to deal with those new "techy" issues like a peeling carbon face...

Jus sayin

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 2

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Not get off topic because I can’t find the answer someone gave a new a few days ago… I have a shaft with an Optifit sleeve for my ST head that measures 44” and my rude measurement shows it a total club length of 45.25”. I want to play it at 44.75” so I am cutting .5” off for the shaft to be 43.5”. Correct, add 1.25” to the length of the shaft for Callaway with Optifit? Sorry, have not played Callaway for a very long time. 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

After a few months with the Rogue ST Max LS, I think it's probably the most "effective" driver I've had in many years. No launch monitor data, but compared to the TSi3..

Rogue LS: Significantly more user friendly across the face. Lots of fairways hit that would have been missed with the Titleist. Nice trajectory without a ton of spin. I think I like the sound/feel better vs the TSi3, but it's a close race there.

TSi3: A little more horsepower when "middled" (for me that really means slightly high toe, and likely due to a little less spin vs the Callaway), and might be the best looking driver ever.

If my ball striking was better I'd probably keep the TSi3 in the bag but I'm sticking with the Rogue LS for now.

Edited by Natural1
  • Like 2

Rogue ST LS 10.5 | TSi2 15 | G425 4H 20.5 | ZX4 4 | ZX5 5-P | CBX ZC 48 & 52.5 | Glide 2.0 Stealth 58 | Itsy Bitsy Spider | TP5x

36 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

Not get off topic because I can’t find the answer someone gave a new a few days ago… I have a shaft with an Optifit sleeve for my ST head that measures 44” and my rude measurement shows it a total club length of 45.25”. I want to play it at 44.75” so I am cutting .5” off for the shaft to be 43.5”. Correct, add 1.25” to the length of the shaft for Callaway with Optifit? Sorry, have not played Callaway for a very long time. 

Thanks. 

Found the answer. Yup, add 1.25”. Sorry about the threadjack. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

On 4/16/2022 at 7:16 AM, wolverine_man said:

Surely someone could easily make different speed cartridge weights, aftermarket.  I'm talking about that inner rectangular piece, and not the orange decorative outer cover. 

I used lead tape strips to make the same size "block" as the green inside rubber/metal weight. I got 4 more grams of weight out of the whole set-up from 11 up to 15 grams. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Natural1 said:

After a few months with the Rogue ST Max LS, I think it's probably the most "effective" driver I've had in many years. No launch monitor data, but compared to the TSi3..

Rogue LS: Significantly more user friendly across the face. Lots of fairways hit that would have been missed with the Titleist. Nice trajectory without a ton of spin. I think I like the sound/feel better vs the TSi3, but it's a close race there.

TSi3: A little more horsepower when "middled" (for me that really means slightly high toe, and likely due to a little less spin vs the Callaway), and might be the best looking driver ever.

If my ball striking was better I'd probably keep the TSi3 in the bag but I'm sticking with the Rogue LS for now.

Same feels here. Was Radspeed all last year and tested the Max LS and Cobra LTDx LS this spring so far for a few rounds each.

Max LS is very playable off the entire face, and low misses still go a decent bit. Sound/feel seems a bit muted, almost feels like the ball sits on the face a bit longer at contact, like it’s “squishy”? 

LTDx LS for me is long but not as reliable. Looks great, better to my eye, a bit more open than the Cally. Ball feels like it’s shot out of a cannon at impact. Feels awesome. I’ve played 25+ years and had probably 50 drivers and this thing is longer on good strikes than anything other than maybe my M1 440. I unfortunately use the entire face and while actually was surprised at how forgiving it is considering it’s a low spin head, I just hit more fairways with the Max LS. 

I could play either driver this year but will probably keep the Max LS as it is a bit more playable and still hits pretty nice distance. Both are better performing than my Radspeed, which I thought would be hard to do. 

• Like 2

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1237994-my-carls-golfland-contest-fitting-experience-grab-a-drink/"]My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story[/url]

Cobra F9, Atmos Black TS 6X
Titleist TS3 3w, Atmos Black TS 7s

Titleist 510 3i Atmos Black TS 9x
Srixon U85 4, z785 5-PW Modus 120x
Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
EVNRoll ER5

8 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

Thanks. 

That is correct. This is from Mike's golf outlet.

BUYING A SHAFT W/ A TIP ON IT?
If You Attach The Following Heads To a Shaft W/ A Tip The Finished Length Will Equal:

TaylorMade - Titleist - Cobra = Add 1" To The Shaft Length
Callaway = Add 1.25"
Ping = Add 3/4"
PXG = Add 1.5"

Example: Our listing Says A Shaft = 44". You Add Your TaylorMade Head To It Making The Finished Length = 45"

Also same info from ProClubs:

Adapter: Callaway

Shaft Length: 44", installed gives you a 45.25" driver club length

Edited by RainShadow
  • Thanks 1

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

1 hour ago, Natural1 said:

This was exactly my experience when fitting.

Loved the TSi3 head, and pured ballspeeds were 3-4mph faster than the Cally, but slight mishits negated any gains for me.

The Max LS was much more consistant across the face and way more forgiving for me.

• Like 3

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

I'd already decided to return my new and unhit Max LS for credit at Callaway.com. Then I was tempted back into the fold by a nice deal on a lightly-used one here in the Classifieds. Maiden voyage tomorrow. My Epic Max LS has been really good so we'll see!

Edited by me05501
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

5 hours ago, RainShadow said:

That is correct. This is from Mike's golf outlet. Also same info from ProClubs

BUYING A SHAFT W/ A TIP ON IT?
If You Attach The Following Heads To a Shaft W/ A Tip The Finished Length Will Equal:

TaylorMade - Titleist - Cobra = Add 1" To The Shaft Length
Callaway = Add 1.25"
Ping = Add 3/4"
PXG = Add 1.5"

Example: Our listing Says A Shaft = 44". You Add Your TaylorMade Head To It Making The Finished Length = 45"

Adapter: Callaway

Shaft Length: 44", installed gives you a 45.25" driver club length

Im not disputing the 1.25” measurement as that’s always been what I’ve gone by, but I ordered my Rogue ST Max LS direct from Callaway at 45” playing length.  When the club arrived I checked the shaft length and it is exactly 43.5” from grip butt to tip.  Going by the 1.25” rule, my club is 44.75” not the 45” I ordered.   So either Callaway is measuring clubs differently these days or they screwed up my build.  Only real way to verify would grab a stock 45.75” driver off the shelf and measure the shaft.

Driver: Ping G430 10K (Tour Issue) 7.5* Diamana WB 63TX

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 14* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 4-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

2 minutes ago, jblough99 said:

Im not disputing the 1.25” measurement as that’s always been what I’ve gone by, but I ordered my Rogue ST Max LS direct from Callaway at 45” playing length.  When the club arrived I checked the shaft length and it is exactly 43.5” from grip butt to tip.  Going by the 1.25” rule, my club is 44.75” not the 45” I ordered.   So either Callaway is measuring clubs differently these days or they screwed up my build.  Only real way to verify would grab a stock 45.75” driver off the shelf and measure the shaft.

I've got a stock OEM shaft and it measures 44.25" from butt of grip to tip.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, stoneydukes said:

I've got a stock OEM shaft and it measures 44.25" from butt of grip to tip.

Appreciate the response.  So that puts stock length at 45.5”, not the 45.75” they advertise, that is if we use the 1.25” rule.

I had heard a rumor that Callaway had changed the way they measure clubs so this could account for the 1/4” discrepancy.  Has something to do with the recent USGA ruling on 46” being the maximum club length.

Edited by jblough99
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, jblough99 said:

Appreciate the response.  So that puts stock length at 45.5”, not the state 45.75” they advertise, that is if we use the 1.25” rule.

I had heard a rumor that Callaway had changed the way they measure clubs so this could account for the 1/4” discrepancy.  Has something to do with the recent USGA ruling on 46” being the maximum club length.

Not to confuse people any further as my build ordered was 1” more than my shaft length.

I didn’t check using anything though on playing length with a ruler

1 hour ago, jblough99 said:

Got a tape measure? Measure it with the shaft in, soleing the club on the ground.

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

1 hour ago, jblough99 said:

Appreciate the response.  So that puts stock length at 45.5”, not the 45.75” they advertise, that is if we use the 1.25” rule.

I would be more inclined to think that maybe they measure 1.5" from shaft tip to playing length. That would keep your order and my factory shaft in line with their advertised measurements. If you are struggling with your custom order, I may be inclined to think otherwise though 😉

Just measure it at the playing length? Then you know how long it will play? I don’t understand …

• Like 1

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

59 minutes ago, RainShadow said:

Got a tape measure? Measure it with the shaft in, soleing the club on the ground.

That is how I measure assembled length and it comes out to 44.75".  So like I said earlier, is Callaway somehow measuring assembled length different than normal.  Both my club and @stoneydukes club are coming up 1/4" short of what they should be. 

I ordered mine -1" and tip to grip it's 43.25". 

•  💎💎💎 8* Paradym playing at 7*, ADUB 7X, tipped 1," VF7TX tipped .5"
  • Qi Tour 5W at 16.5, HZRDUS 80g 6.5, playing 43.25"
  • T200 2i Utility, HZRDUS 105x tipped .5"
  • 770 4I, P7MC 5-PW,  PX LS 6.5 
  • SM9 50.08F, SM8 55.11S, SM9 60.06 T
  • , Odyssey Ten Ball 

1 hour ago, 70sinsight said:

I ordered mine -1" and tip to grip it's 43.25". 

So add 1.5” tip to grip for final length? 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

On 4/21/2022 at 2:57 AM, SwingBlues said:

They do, I have seen them in the Top Golf catalog. Since Top Golf does most of the OEM parts/accessories, its just a question of time as to when it will appear on FleaBay or say Billy Bobs 4 sale. Or you can order it from Top Golf now.

I was still mulling a 9* head in the Max LS but the more I play the 10.5* turned down to 9* the more I am appreciating the open face so my flight is now a baby fade and it softens my hook miss tremendously. Even then I can't believe this head is soooo forgiving like I have never seen in any Callaway head before.

Also, see all these YouTubes that poo poo the lack of WOW techy improvements ala Carbonwood face but after seeing the issues with those face on the TM threads, I think I'll appreciate the "mere" refinements Callaway has done in the Rogue ST line than to deal with those new "techy" issues like a peeling carbon face...

Jus sayin

Interested in this. Pics or this isn't real. lol

Rogue ST Max 9* (IZ-6 SR)

TSi2 @ 16.5* (Ventus Red 6R, -2g)

TSi2 @ 21* (Motore X F3 7S, -2g, tip'd .5")

818 H1 @ 24* (Diamana S+ 82S, tip'd 1.5")

Pro 223 5-GW (Modus3 115 - S) 

RTX6 54/10, RTX6 59/7 (Modus 115 Wedge - S, 1* flat) 

Queen B6- '24 BX

Have people been able to get the round weights yet and are they the same ones from the Mavrik lines? Saw a question/answer on golfworks that the employee wasn't sure if they would work. 

•  💎💎💎 8* Paradym playing at 7*, ADUB 7X, tipped 1," VF7TX tipped .5"
  • Qi Tour 5W at 16.5, HZRDUS 80g 6.5, playing 43.25"
  • T200 2i Utility, HZRDUS 105x tipped .5"
  • 770 4I, P7MC 5-PW,  PX LS 6.5 
  • SM9 50.08F, SM8 55.11S, SM9 60.06 T
  • , Odyssey Ten Ball 

3 minutes ago, 70sinsight said:

Have people been able to get the round weights yet and are they the same ones from the Mavrik lines? Saw a question/answer on golfworks that the employee wasn't sure if they would work. 

The round weights that are in the Triple Diamond and the Max D are the same as the previous few generation Callaway drivers.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, me05501 said:

I got my Max LS 9* to the range tonight.

Man, I feel like I owe a few posters here a low-key apology.

As I read the comments comparing the new version to the Epic Max LS I just assumed it was the usual kind of golf board raving over what happens to be new. I really didn’t expect the Rogue Max LS to impress me so much compared to the Epic Max LS. 

This is a definite upgrade.

The solid sound and feel remind me of the old Titleist 983K. The ball flight and trajectory are super consistent and seem ideal for maxing on-course carry and roll. 

Looking forward to round one in the morning. 

I have to second this.  I played the Epic Max LS last year along with a stint with the TD LS and wasn't sure making the jump to the Rogue ST Max LS was worth it.  Two rounds in and I am very impressed - just better feel and consistency.  I have hit some longer drives as evidenced by the Garmin tracking so far - can't wait until the fairways here in TN aren't so water logged to see how this truly performs.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wolverine_man said:

Interested in this. Pics or this isn't real. lol

It's Al Gore's INTERNET, you can BELIEVE IT 😁

image.png.4198aec29aeb79780bd141e65d6a97d1.png

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

31 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

It's Al Gore's INTERNET, you can BELIEVE IT 😁

image.png.4198aec29aeb79780bd141e65d6a97d1.png

Hot damn! Gimme one. But how tho?

Rogue ST Max 9* (IZ-6 SR)

TSi2 @ 16.5* (Ventus Red 6R, -2g)

TSi2 @ 21* (Motore X F3 7S, -2g, tip'd .5")

818 H1 @ 24* (Diamana S+ 82S, tip'd 1.5")

Pro 223 5-GW (Modus3 115 - S) 

RTX6 54/10, RTX6 59/7 (Modus 115 Wedge - S, 1* flat) 

Queen B6- '24 BX

First round in the books with Rogue Max LS 9.0. I'm running it at +1/N on my old favorite shaft (HZRDUS Yellow 6.0). 

Very, very consistent with strong ball flight. As many have mentioned it seems like you get similar flight and trajectory all over the face (within reason). 

One thing I've noticed while using impact stickers on the range is that so far I haven't really found the top half of the face. I'm hitting the middle, but lower than ideal. 

Gotta spend some time revisiting my setup. With the Epic Max LS I was finding the higher, hotter part of the face. I think if I can do that on the Rogue I'll see a little more distance. But the consistency today was really great. 

Edited by me05501

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

20 hours ago, me05501 said:

I got my Max LS 9* to the range tonight.

Man, I feel like I owe a few posters here a low-key apology.

As I read the comments comparing the new version to the Epic Max LS I just assumed it was the usual kind of golf board raving over what happens to be new. I really didn’t expect the Rogue Max LS to impress me so much compared to the Epic Max LS. 

This is a definite upgrade.

The solid sound and feel remind me of the old Titleist 983K. The ball flight and trajectory are super consistent and seem ideal for maxing on-course carry and roll. 

Looking forward to round one in the morning. 

Got fitted at club champion just last night.  I have the Epic Max LS as well.  Came down to the Ping G425LST and the Rogue Max LS.  The Rogue on mishits retained ball speed and sub 3000 spin.  The ball speeds were 3mph more compared to the Epic Max.  Also the spin was about 400 lower.  Total distance was almost 20 yards more and i could not get this thing to go right at all, which is a great thing!  I play a cut, -3 degrees outside to in.  I did not miss 1 ball more than 25-30 yards right.  Which is great.  My dispersion was light years better.  Needless to say, I was equally surprised and just bought a head off of the classifieds as well.

Stoked!

• Like 1

Taylormade Stealth+ 10.5*

Stealth+ 3W

Stealth+ 5W

Honma TR20V 5-GW

Edel SMS 54/58

Custom Built Putter by Myself

Messing around with the weight in the TD and got the SW up to D6 to try, feels real good taking a few swings in the front yard. Who knows if it will be better on the Course, taking the lighter weight with me just in case it is bad on the range warming up. Normal setup is D2 and it has been just fine, but tinkering is part of the fun. 

Maybe lightning will strike and I will gain that magic 15 yards 😉

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5