2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

LIV Tour Discussion Thread (*** NO POLITICS ***)

SheriffBooth

• 1 month later...

Have LIV golfers over-estimated their own value? Let's face it most of them knew their careers would probably never reach great heights again in the real competitive world game. Only 10 LIV golfers made the cut at The Open. Their arguably best player, Dustin Johnson doesn't seem to have much desire or fight left in him, shootting 81 in relatively easy conditions. Garcia, Poulter and Westwood couldn't muster the effort to play.

Why Cam Smith and Koepka went I'll never know but they are likely the only two that would be missed by the PGA Tour and frankly - two players? I think they could have managed and I don't know why they caved in.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, dcleftie said:

Have LIV golfers over-estimated their own value? Let's face it most of them knew their careers would probably never reach great heights again in the real competitive world game. Only 10 LIV golfers made the cut at The Open. Their arguably best player, Dustin Johnson doesn't seem to have much desire or fight left in him, shootting 81 in relatively easy conditions. Garcia, Poulter and Westwood couldn't muster the effort to play.

Why Cam Smith and Koepka went I'll never know but they are likely the only two that would be missed by the PGA Tour and frankly - two players? I think they could have managed and I don't know why they caved in.

I think 16 LIV played, 6 missed the cut. So of 156 total, then cut to 70 (ties? Not sure if that includes ties) so that means 86 are sent packing. So I know not all of those 80 (subtracting 6 for the LIV players) are full fledged PGA/Euro Tour (sure some are qualifiers and US or British amateur champions) but it ends up being about equal the percentages (10/16 62 percent for LIV, 60/80 75 percent for everyone else). But good point though…

• Like 3

On 7/23/2023 at 7:28 AM, dcleftie said:

while the liv golfers didnt have strong open, this year they accounted for 1 win, 2 runner up's, 5 top 5's, and 8 top 10's in the majors.  thats pretty good.

• Like 4

Not sure I would say DJ is the best player firstly.  Cam Smith and Koepka I would put right up there.  Talor Gooch has played the LIV event extremely well.

If we are in the mood for comparison, the PGAT bell cows didn't exactly light the world on fire.

Where the US Open generally identifies the best golfer, The Open generally identifies the golfer that best navigates the unique (to PGAT venues) course and weather (if/when it shows up).

• 3 weeks later...

Shocked to see on our local TV station that ten LIV players are competing in an Asian Tour event only 30 mins from me. It’s c £15 per day ticket. Mr Reed is here so I thought I ought to go along for a rules lesson. But I’d rather go fishing. 

Venue is the course that is owned by Westwood’s girlfriend’s in laws.  The British Masters was held there not too long ago. It’s too hilly for me. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pastit said:

Shocked to see on our local TV station that ten LIV players are competing in an Asian Tour event only 30 mins from me. It’s c £15 per day ticket. Mr Reed is here so I thought I ought to go along for a rules lesson. But I’d rather go fishing. 

Venue is the course that is owned by Westwood’s girlfriend’s in laws.  The British Masters was held there not too long ago. It’s too hilly for me. 

It's part of the International Series, which is kinda the LIV feeder series.  They tend to have events around the world, sometimes in conjunction with the main LIV events.  IIRC, they are also playing the following week at St. Andrews Torrance Course, so this is a two-week stretch.  

FYI, the winner of the year-end Order of Merit for the International series gets a full season on LIV.  Scott Vincent won it last year, so he has been playing all the LIV events this year.  

Ping G425 MAX Flat Big + (Grand Bassara 29R)

Adams Idea Pro A12 Proto 16* and 20* (Adams Ultralight 50 Ladies)

Honma Rose Proto 4-9  (Bassara 50HI)

ProtoC P2 46.5* (Bassara 50HI)

Ping Glide 4 52* and 58* (BAssara 50HI)

McGregor Bobby Grace VFoil M5K Putter

3 hours ago, subrew said:

It's part of the International Series, which is kinda the LIV feeder series.  They tend to have events around the world, sometimes in conjunction with the main LIV events.  IIRC, they are also playing the following week at St. Andrews Torrance Course, so this is a two-week stretch.  

FYI, the winner of the year-end Order of Merit for the International series gets a full season on LIV.  Scott Vincent won it last year, so he has been playing all the LIV events this year.  

Thanks kindly. I can’t get excited about any event involving Westwood. He’d plenty of chances to play up here prior to carving slices off some local biscuit but declined. The fish are running so I’ll try the river  instead. 

• 3 months later...

LIV released their schedule.

https://www.livgolf.com/events

Long way away time wise but I am excited to see that they are coming to Nashville and playing the GN designed The Grove.  Will have to see what else is going on both in my life and the world of golf at that time to decide whether to go or not.  One thing I will say though, Nashville knows how to throw a party so if you care about that aspect of LIV it should be turned up a notch over most every place but Vegas.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Creedo77 said:

IMG_1938.png

Sayonara, adios, adieu, don’t let the door hit ya…, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Srixon ZX5 Mk II LS driver

Srixon ZX 3 & 7 fairway woods

Miura CB-2007 irons 5-PW

Fourteen RM-4 50* wedge

Fourteen DJ-5 54* wedge

TM Spider GT-X putter

Sun Mountain mid-stripe stand bag

Srixon Z-Star Diamond ball

11 hours ago, jdl said:

What's your take here?

Coming from a very pro LIv account. Colt Knost came out yesterday and said not to draw conclusions. He spends some time with Rahm in AZ. It’s hard to say, it doesn’t look good but we’ve seen instances of rumored money and it not materializing in the end.

Edited by Creedo77

11 hours ago, Rob G 89 said:

I’m guessing there would be sanctions for any current pga member as I don’t see anybody with any real status trying out. 

IMG_7630.webp

IMG_7629.webp

Bauchou got through 2nd stage the other week of KFT so he’ll be at final stage next week. Interested to see what the tour does to him if he gets through this Q school and has status on either KFT or PGA

1 hour ago, woodriff said:

A number of sources on Jon Rahm now. Just not too sure. Most of the sources are LIV reporters. 

There are a lot of moving parts. Jon wants to captain / own his own team and as you know, there aren't any teams up for sale. Rumor has it that Sergio might step aside so he can take over the Firenuts. 

• Like 1
There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

Will kind of suck if Rahm goes to LIV as I'll only see him 4x a year now. But LIV also took Bubba, Dechambeau, HVIII, Phil, Patrick Reed, so on the whole I'd still say it's a net positive for me. 

Really hoping the Cleeks have a special hat that will fit Cantlay's head. 

• Haha 1

TaylorMade Stealth+ 9° Tour Ad Di 7x

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 

Titleist U500 3iron

TaylorMade P7MC 4-Pw Nippon 120 

50° Titleist Vokey SM8

54° Titleist Vokey SM8

60° Titleist Vokey SM8

TaylorMade Spider SR

TP5x /Pro V1

1 hour ago, Pops99 said:

Will kind of suck if Rahm goes to LIV as I'll only see him 4x a year now. But LIV also took Bubba, Dechambeau, HVIII, Phil, Patrick Reed, so on the whole I'd still say it's a net positive for me. 

HAHAHA that made me laugh....!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pops99 said:

Cantlay is on the PGA Tour policy board working towards making the PGA Tour better for everyone.

• Haha 1
There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

On 11/30/2023 at 2:05 PM, Creedo77 said:

IMG_1938.png

Funny thing is…as I mentioned probably dozens of pages ago…these signings can work against them in their pursuit of OWGR recognition.  Phil opened his mouth a while back and proclaimed that if they make some expected(to him) moves adding players there may not be room for the players that qualify in their play-in tournament .  LOL can you define a closed shop any moe succinctly?🤩

Wilson Dynapower Carbon Mitsu Kai’li 60S

Wilson Dynapower 3+ 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Wilson UDI 3 HZRDUS Black 90

Wilson 4-6 Dynapower forged/ 7-P Staff CB all Nippon Pro Modus 115s

Wilson ZM forged 50° 56° 60° DG TI Spinner wedge

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/    Cameron Del Mar

12 hours ago, woodriff said:

A number of sources on Jon Rahm now. Just not too sure. Most of the sources are LIV reporters. 

I would love to see Rahm on LIV with his own team!

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Sim 2 Max Shaft: Ventus Blue TR 7

Woods: Taylormade Sim 3 & 5 Shaft: Ventus Blue TR 7

Irons: Srixon Zx5(4-6)  Shaft: Nippon Modus Tour 105 

Srixon Zx7(7-PW) Shaft Nippon Modus Tour 105

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 50, 54 and 58 Mid Shafts Project X Catalyst 100

Putter: LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Shaft: L.A.B Golf x TPT

Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX

Rangefinder:  Mileseey PFS2 Premium

Bag: Vessel VLS Lux Stand Bag

Liv has what. four spots open? Or is it two after signing the huge needle movers McDowell and Perez for another year.

Rahm takes one leaving one?

Leaves one no-name to join which is not what liv wants as their premises is/was to take the top 50.

If Rahm joins there will most likely be a couple of other "names" that might jump leaving this qualifying tournament of no names nothing more than more exhibition golf in a fabulous attempt to lose even more money.

• GwrxMod changed the title to LIV Tour Discussion Thread (*** NO POLITICS ***)