2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Ping G430 LST and Max drivers, G430 Max fairway wood & G430 hybrid – 2022 Shriners Children's Open

atursky

3 hours ago, jeffrey r said:

Totally hear you—different strokes for different folks.  The adjustability on the Ping drivers is great, and really does make a difference.  

I’ve “messed around” with some of the settings so far early in this season, and when I deviate from my ideal settings, it really has cost me some poor holes or rounds.  I am leaving it right where it is for the time being!

Smart man!

On 5/6/2023 at 4:35 PM, Mw1991 said:

Has anyone gone from the g410 plus to the g430 max? Was it worth it? Did you gain any distance?

Yes in fact I did. Over the cold months cracked the face of the 10.5 g410 plus with tour ad di 7x. Bought another g410 plus wasn't the same. Went to Tsi3 wasn't for me ordered g430 max 10.5 put the same shaft in it and my confidence with the driver is back.  Just as long maybe a little bit longer but I feel it's little more forgiving. But got a good deal on a g430 max head so idk.

I would go try and hit it first, I feel the face is more shallow than g410 plus which I was a little worried about but still in honey moon phase. 

On 5/6/2023 at 4:35 PM, Mw1991 said:

Has anyone gone from the g410 plus to the g430 max? Was it worth it? Did you gain any distance?

So....I went to PGA Superstore the other day and asked to hit the G430 LST and MAX in one of the simulators. I was.....uhhh.....disappointed. Ive been waiting for a reason to throw $500 at upgrading my G400 for almost 2 years now and it was a letdown. 

I surprisingly hit the LST way better than the Max. Maybe that was due to the fact they had a shorter shaft on the Max for some reason that threw me off, but hey. However, I was getting the similar yardages with a even worse dispersion than my G400. I dont know, part of me believes hitting in a Simulator isnt 100% accurate and the fact that it is dark with shadows screwed with my eyes at address so I wasnt putting my normal on-the-course with spikes swing on the ball.

Anyways, my stats for the G430 LST: 

Ball Speed- 161

Launch- 5.9*

Backspin- 3172

Carry- 252

Total Distance- 278 (which is right about where I hit my G400, 260-280 range)

I dont know what any of those really mean, but all I know is the total distance was about the same as my G400 but it was much harder to keep straight. I was slicing/pushing everything with the G430 LST.

Even if the G430 was 5-8 more yards longer. Im not spending $100 per yard gained for the cost of the new driver 😄It aint that important. Just means you hit a 7i on the next shot instead of a 8i

Edited by akronswitness

19 minutes ago, akronswitness said:

So....I went to PGA Superstore the other day and asked to hit the G430 LST and MAX in one of the simulators. I was.....uhhh.....disappointed. Ive been waiting for a reason to throw $500 at upgrading my G400 for almost 2 years now and it was a letdown. 

I surprisingly hit the LST way better than the Max. Maybe that was due to the fact they had a shorter shaft on the Max for some reason that threw me off, but hey. However, I was getting the similar yardages with a even worse dispersion than my G400. I dont know, part of me believes hitting in a Simulator isnt 100% accurate and the fact that it is dark with shadows screwed with my eyes at address so I wasnt putting my normal on-the-course with spikes swing on the ball.

Ball Speed- 161

Launch- 5.9*

Backspin- 3172

Carry- 252

I dont know what any of those really mean, but all I know is the total distance was about the same as my G400 but it was much harder to keep straight. I was slicing/pushing everything with the G430 LST.

Even if the G430 was 5-8 more yards longer. Im not spending $100 per yard gained for the cost of the new driver 😄It aint that important. Just means you hit a 7i on the next shot instead of a 8i

So what were you expecting.....By the way, i have hit more than 50 balls in pga superstore with LST and never registered spin above 2600.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, akronswitness said:

Ball Speed- 161

Launch- 5.9*

Backspin- 3172

Carry- 252

Those numbers are *so far from optimal.. if you’re not sure what you’re looking at you need a decent fitting to get anything out of the new head

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, akronswitness said:

I mean if you have perfect swing numbers your going to hit every club well so whats the point.

1- yes but everyone has a miss tendency and different heads perform different for those misses

2- your delivery numbers are way way off for whatever you were hitting in the 430 you posted above. You need significantly more dynamic loft at impact to get optimal distance. Those numbers are ripe for “30 yard gains” you see all over YouTube fitting vids and marketing material haha

• Like 2

Been playing the Mizuno ST 190, STZ and STZ 220 the last 4 years.  On a whim I ordered a 430 LS in 9.0 degree in April.  First Ping driver I have owned and so far have been impressed.  I like the sound and feel of the Mizuno ST 220 better but this LS has another gear in terms of distance.  The LST is very stable for a low spinning head and poor off center hits still go a long way.  I am shocked sometimes to see where my ball lands.  I am 115-120 driver speed but tend to have high spin especially on bad strikes.  This LST model brings my spin down a ton but is forgiving enough to manage a horrible swing.  It really is a great combination of low spin and stability.  I purchased a Ventus TR Blue 7X to go with it but this Ping Tour Black 75X shaft may stay in.  So easy to hit once I got the timing down of a softer shaft.  Looking forward to a great summer of golf hitting bombs!  Cheers fellas.

On 5/8/2023 at 6:12 PM, akronswitness said:

Ball Speed- 161

Launch- 5.9*

Backspin- 3172

Carry- 252

I'd agree with others here.... Sounds like some low heely strikes but if you are gaining yardage with those numbers, I think you would be really happy with what you'd get out of a properly fit G430 LST.  Possible swing flaws, like we all do, but I think you're leaving a lot on the table.  What are your numbers with your G400?  Do you happen to know those?

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 10* GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 3H  Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless 34"

On 5/8/2023 at 8:12 PM, akronswitness said:

Ball Speed- 161

Launch- 5.9*

Backspin- 3172

Carry- 252

With 5.9* of launch, you won't be seeing any gains over your current driver.

• Like 1

Ai Smoke TD Max 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6
Ping G430 LST 3w Ventus TR Black 7

Ping G430 Max 7w Ventus Red 8

PXG 0317T 4-P, SteelFiber PR

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

L.A.B. DF2.1 Stability Tour

5.9 launch with 3100 spin seems like a big strike location issue - you are hitting the bottom of the face.  Sounds like a swing or fit issue.

PING G430 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

Mizuno ST-G 15* Tour AD DI 7X

Titleist TSR2 18* Tour AD DI 85X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT115X(-)

Titleist Vokey SM10 48F 53D 58D

Evnroll ER2

Titleist ProV1

Loving my 430 max….keeps spin up for me

but

still feel like the toe strike moves too much left for me…

ordered a LST for that

hoping spin doesn’t drop too much and I can harness the more favourable toe strike miss

Ping G430 Max - Accra Fx3.0 140-M0 / VA Nemesys 6-S

Mizuno ST-Max 3W - LIN-Q M40X Red 5F3

Ping G430 7W - AD-DI 7-S 
Cobra King Tour 4-PW - Modus 105-S
Cleveland RTX6 50 / 54 - DG spinner / 60 - Oban CT 125-S
PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack 

On 4/29/2023 at 9:14 PM, craz-e said:

I have been testing these three drivers recently, G430 LST, Paradym triple 💎 and the old gamer TSR2

After a few tweaks I think I have the Ping set up perfectly and tomorrow it gets to fight for its life on the course!

596BF76B-1A6D-4FED-AD0E-62C5AA1C732E.jpeg

How’s the battle of ping and triple diamond going ?

1 hour ago, bjno1300 said:

How’s the battle of ping and triple diamond going ?

Its very close!

I think the Ping is winning on consistency but the Callaway has another gear on some hits. I have a fitting next Friday with Callaway and we are going to go through some other shafts and weight combinations. Both very much putting up a very strong fight!

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

Absolutely love the G430 Max. I went to a custom fitting a couple months ago and hit every new driver out there. (Used the same shaft he'd baselined as a good fit for me so it would be apples to apples)

It came down to the G430 Max and the TSR2.  The TSR had the highest ballspeed (154), but the dispersion was better with the G430 Max and it was only 2mph slower.  I've played it for about 7 rounds and countless range sessions. The G400 Max was the best all around driver I ever owned and this has it beat.

I went ahead and ordered the G430 5-wood with the matching shaft earlier this week without hitting it. I was going to go for a fitting, but my fitter knows my swing and what I like and said I could save myself the time, the G430 fairway is as good as the driver.

PING had a demo day at the range I practice at today.  I had no idea it was scheduled. I went ahead and hit the G430 22* hybrid.  I wasn't crazy about the Alta shaft...but loved the feel. My Cleveland hybrid is my security blanket point and shoot club, but it may be replaced. That will be the end though. I wasn't a fan of the G430 or i230 irons.  But the 430 may own the top end of my bag.

• Like 1

PING G430 Max 10.5 

PING G430 5w
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack' 

PING 430 Max is no f'n joke. I've had 2.5 rounds with it using shotscope, check out the numbers vs my TM M2 driver. Unbelievable really.

*Note, the strokes gained benchmark is vs a 5 index golfer, the calculation doesn't include tee shots that resulted in a penalty, of which I average far more with the M2.

image.png.3f34879d357cc39e5d2d93630186961d.png

If you haven't tried it yet, run to a demo bay!

• Like 3

The G430 Max with Ventus Black 6s @ 45” has been performing rather nicely for the last few weeks… but, for absolutely no good reason whatsoever, I have a Tensei 1K Pro White arriving tomorrow for some experimentation.  

I’ll be trying the 1K @ 45.25”, with weight in fade position and set to 7.5* to minimise the left miss as much as possible. 

I was away recently for a 3-day golfing trip and, whilst I don’t use any shot tracking software, fairways hit was strong and confidence was high on every driving hole. That’s a big win for me, particularly coming off a few beers the night before which can quickly erode confidence!

Ping G430 Max (8*) --- Ventus Blue
Ping G430 Max (15*)  --- Hzrdus Red

Ping G430 Hybrid (21*) --- Hzrdus Red
PXG 0311 XP Gen4 (6i-G) --- Project X IO
PXG 0311 SD2 (50*|54*|60*) --- Project X IO
SIK “Sho” C-Series Milled (34”)

1 hour ago, MAB said:

The G430 Max with Ventus Black 6s @ 45” has been performing rather nicely for the last few weeks… but, for absolutely no good reason whatsoever, I have a Tensei 1K Pro White arriving tomorrow for some experimentation.  

I’ll be trying the 1K @ 45.25”, with weight in fade position and set to 7.5* to minimise the left miss as much as possible. 

I was away recently for a 3-day golfing trip and, whilst I don’t use any shot tracking software, fairways hit was strong and confidence was high on every driving hole. That’s a big win for me, particularly coming off a few beers the night before which can quickly erode confidence!

I for one would be very interested in hearing your thoughts on the 1k Pro white V's Ventus black

Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

7 hours ago, craz-e said:

I for one would be very interested in hearing your thoughts on the 1k Pro white V's Ventus black

Give me a few days and I’ll report back. 👍

1K should arrive today, albeit I need to pop a Ping tip on there so it won’t be dry and ready to hit until tomorrow. 

• Like 1

After initially hitting the LST with the Kaili 60X I tried a demo of the 10.5* LST with Tour Black 2.0 65x and it was just point and shoot with no loss of distance compared to my old gamer the Rogue TD. So forgiving and no left misses. 

Put in order for it today! 

• Like 1

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

On 5/24/2023 at 12:09 AM, craz-e said:

Ventus Black 6s @ 45” and 7.5* (D4) vs. Tensei 1K White 60s @ 45.25” and 7.5* (D3)

Clubhead speed is around 100mph. 

From a relatively small number of shots this morning on a home sim (SkyTrak), my initial thoughts are as follows:

- 1K is less work and has more ‘feel’ which presumably just means it’s a marginally softer profile

- Ventus feels linear whereas I can feel some release with the 1K, and the 1K just seems to do its thing timing-wise which is nice

- so far, which is surprising and I’ll test this in the wild at the weekend, the 1K seems less likely to miss left

- 1K launches a touch higher

- spin fairly consistent between the two, possibly a touch lower with Ventus but would need to hit many more shots first to confirm

- 1K graphics a cooler

On course testing will commence this weekend. 

Edited by MAB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MAB said:

Ventus Black 6s @ 45” and 7.5* (D4) vs. Tensei 1K White 60s @ 45.25” and 7.5* (D3)

From a relatively small number of shots this morning on a home sim (SkyTrak), my initial thoughts are as follows:

- 1K is less work and has more ‘feel’ which presumably just means it’s a marginally softer profile

- Ventus feels linear whereas I can feel some release with the 1K, and the 1K just seems to do its thing timing-wise which is nice

- so far, which is surprising and I’ll test this in the wild at the weekend, the 1K seems less likely to miss left

- spin fairly consistent between the two, possibly a touch lower with Ventus but would need to hit many more shots first to confirm

- 1K graphics a cooler

many thanks!

my swing speed is similar to yours. Normally around the 105 mph mark.

appreciate the feedback, tempted to try something over the Kai’Li 

Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

3 hours ago, craz-e said:

many thanks!

my swing speed is similar to yours. Normally around the 105 mph mark.

appreciate the feedback, tempted to try something over the Kai’Li 

4 hours ago, MAB said:

- 1K graphics a cooler

The 1K line has typically had a higher torque value than other MCA lines. It really is one of the smoothest feeling shafts on the market. I played the Pro White for some time and love it. Never got along with Ventus shafts but if you’re thinking of going away from Kaili I’d say look at 1K PW, GT and possibly ZF for testers!

Surprisingly enough I tried the Kaili in the LST head and it was good but then when I put the Tour Black 2.0 65x in i couldn’t hit it left which I love. I’m a shaft snob but I’m sticking with this PING stock shaft for now 

Edited by agood3putt
  • Thanks 1

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

On 5/25/2023 at 9:26 AM, agood3putt said:

The 1K line has typically had a higher torque value than other MCA lines. It really is one of the smoothest feeling shafts on the market. I played the Pro White for some time and love it. Never got along with Ventus shafts but if you’re thinking of going away from Kaili I’d say look at 1K PW, GT and possibly ZF for testers!

Surprisingly enough I tried the Kaili in the LST head and it was good but then when I put the Tour Black 2.0 65x in i couldn’t hit it left which I love. I’m a shaft snob but I’m sticking with this PING stock shaft for now 

I bought a Ventus Blue TR 7X for my 430 LST and have decided to stick with with the Tour Black 75x.  I couldn't hit it at first but am now hitting bombs and don't want to experiment further.  Ping knows what shaft profile works with their driver heads imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reider69 said:

I bought a Ventus Blue TR 7X for my 430 LST and have decided to stick with with the Tour Black 75x.  I couldn't hit it at first but am now hitting bombs and don't want to experiment further.  Ping knows what shaft profile works with their driver heads imo.

Its such a good shaft can’t wait for mine to come in 

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND