2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Callaway Paradym driver - 2022 QBE Shootout

On 2/23/2023 at 11:26 AM, bcflyguy1 said:

Actually not a new trend in regard to heavier weights in back than forward.  Tour players using stuff like the OG XR SZ and OG Epic SZ were doing so with similar weights in both ports at most and that's been the case since then as product cycles came and went. Heavy forward/light back configurations sacrificed too much playability/consistency, even for ball strikers of such a high caliber.

There is a trend, however, in players being able to play with more static loft than in the past and still hit the trajectory windows they want to see. This likely plays a hefty role in the dispersion tightening that Callaway marketing has talked about. Seen that play out consistently across the fittings I've done players possessing modest or better ball striking consistency.

Amendment to this:

Min Woo Lee is the first staffer I've seen with a heavier weight in the front port than the back. However, don't miss how tight the scatter pattern of tee marks is on his driver face. If yours doesn't look like that (and if you're reading this then I'm 99.9% sure it doesn't), then heavier weight back is the way.

https://worldofwunder.callawaygolf.com/min-woo-lee-witb-photo-gallery-2023-aip/

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

7 hours ago, bcflyguy1 said:

Amendment to this:

Min Woo Lee is the first staffer I've seen with a heavier weight in the front port than the back. However, don't miss how tight the scatter pattern of tee marks is on his driver face. If yours doesn't look like that (and if you're reading this then I'm 99.9% sure it doesn't), then heavier weight back is the way.

https://worldofwunder.callawaygolf.com/min-woo-lee-witb-photo-gallery-2023-aip/

Ball striking runs in the family. Holy crap!

• Like 1

how much of a difference are you guys seeing with moving the weights around from front to back? is it more spin related then distance

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 KBS Tour Lite 100s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

1 hour ago, ob1soccer said:

how much of a difference are you guys seeing with moving the weights around from front to back? is it more spin related then distance

Feel is a big difference for me.  On the TD the heavy weight in front feels solid.  When moved to the back the head feels hollow to me (of course it is) but the difference is quite large for me, in feel.  

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

I actually thought it felt more solid with weight in back. Maybe that’s just because it felt more stable on off center strikes. I didn’t notice a difference in sound. 

Driver - TM Mini BRNR 11.5, HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5

2i- Ping Blueprint

3i-PW - TM P7MB, KBS Tour X

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

I’m a big sound/feel critic and I did not notice a difference when the weights were switched.  Performance was much better though for me with the heavy weight in the back.

Callaway Ai Smoke TD Max 10* 

TaylorMade Qi10 4W & 7W

Ping G430 4H

PXG 0211 XCOR2 Dark 6-L

Cleveland RTX Full Face 64/09

Swag Savage Too

Titleist Pro V1 yellow 

Ball flight a little higher w/more spin and the feel/sound was slightly more hollow for me with 14G in back.  But, it still feels and sounds great, just slightly different.  I play heavy weight forward and love it.  I'll most likely be testing something like 10-6 when I get my hands on some extra weights.  I'm usually a 8* loft guy, but with PTD I'm in the 9* head playing it at 10.  It's a fade biased head and still sits nice and square even lofted up a little.  Ball is just just straight high/low spin.   Cool driver.

Edited by Avidswampthing66

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

24 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

24 Apex Pro 4 Iron

24 Callaway JDM X -Forged 5-PW  Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

Butter Putter

Chrome Tour X

3 hours ago, ob1soccer said:

Piggy backing off what everyone’s said above. Weight back. Slightly higher launch and more stable. . Maybe more of a Chrisp thud with the weight forward but feels good to me either way 

Something very strange is happening to me on Callaway website. They list Ventus Blue and Kaili as stock shafts, and if I choose Ventus stiff there is no up charge but when I choose the x-stiff Ventus it adds $250. Is this happening to anyone else?

2i- Ping Blueprint

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

5 hours ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

Something very strange is happening to me on Callaway website. They list Ventus Blue and Kaili as stock shafts, and if I choose Ventus stiff there is no up charge but when I choose the x-stiff Ventus it adds $250. Is this happening to anyone else?

Are you sure it's the Ventus with Velocore?  The non Velocore is a shaft they offer.

Ping G430 Max 10.5, VA Nemesis 55 four

Ping G430 5-18, VA Vylyn 65 four

Ping G430 4H, 5H, 6H, Alta 70S

Titleist T150, KBS Tour R+, 6-pw

Titleist SM10 Nickel, 48F,54D,& 58D Black Onyx wedge

Odyssey Nano 7, stroke lab

Pro V 1X or Z-Star XV

velocore is upcharge,  non velocore is not

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 KBS Tour Lite 100s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

Haha, I see it now. It's all very confusing on Callaway website. If you select "Stock Shaft" in the "Club Configurator" window it shows two options: the Kaili for no upcharge and the Velocore, which is upcharge (so why are they calling it "stock"?). But then if you select "Custom Shaft" there you can select the non-velocore which is no upcharge (so why are they calling it "custom"?) There are also a host of other shafts under the "custom" tab that are not upcharge, like the HZRDUS Smoke Black. Even more confusing yet is that I can't find the PROJECT X HZRDUS GEN 4 BLACK 60 GRAPHITE, which the website shows as a stock option, under either the stock or the custom options... Huh???? I guess I just need to order through Discount Dan's or some such?

Edited by bobbyclampett!!

2i- Ping Blueprint

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

On 2/28/2023 at 7:05 PM, KingTitus said:

Think I found my ideal set up. TD 8° with Ventus Black 6-TX at 45.5”. 9 grams up front and 3 grams in the back. 

Hit it today on my quad and was seeing 178 ball speed, 13 launch and 2200 spin on average. High toe misses were still above 1850 and looked to be very playable. Heel strikes kicked up to 2600 but still stayed on the planet. Hope to get it out on the course this weekend and see what she can do. 

Crazy that a driver designed to be “low spin” is so forgiving across the face. 

Well I had my maiden voyage today. 50 degrees, windy and damp conditions after a lot of rain in SoCal. That didn’t stop this thing from hitting bombs. Ended up in spots I wasn’t even getting to last summer when it was 100 out. Loving the driver and can’t wait for the temps to rise a bit to see what she really has in her. 

• Like 4

SIM2 8 degree - Ventus Black 7x

SIM2 3 wood - Ventus Black 8x

Srixon ZX Utility 2 Iron - Ventus Black 10TX

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW - Project X 6.5

Mizuno T20 50/55/60 - Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

10 hours ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

Haha, I see it now. It's all very confusing on Callaway website. If you select "Stock Shaft" in the "Club Configurator" window it shows two options: the Kaili for no upcharge and the Velocore, which is upcharge (so why are they calling it "stock"?). But then if you select "Custom Shaft" there you can select the non-velocore which is no upcharge (so why are they calling it "custom"?) There are also a host of other shafts under the "custom" tab that are not upcharge, like the HZRDUS Smoke Black. Even more confusing yet is that I can't find the PROJECT X HZRDUS GEN 4 BLACK 60 GRAPHITE, which the website shows as a stock option, under either the stock or the custom options... Huh???? I guess I just need to order through Discount Dan's or some such?

Call them. They have great customer service 

10 hours ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

They are offering the Gen 4 Black or Silver as stock for Paradym, for PTD they are offering Kai'li white.   I agree it's confusing lol.  I know you can get the HZRDUS Black with PTD, but that may take a phone call.

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

24 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

24 Apex Pro 4 Iron

24 Callaway JDM X -Forged 5-PW  Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

Butter Putter

Chrome Tour X

9 hours ago, soregongolfer said:

I got my Paradym yesterday and there wasn't a wrench in the box.  Is that normal for Callaway?  I'll have to look but I don't think I have an old Callaway wrench lying around.  

mine did not come with one... i'm not sure they're sending them 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 8.0 HZRDUS 6.5
Ping G425 LST 14.5 Ping Tour 75X
Cobra King Tec 19.0 Tour AD DI-105 X
Miura AS-1 4-P Dynamic Golf Tour Issue X100
Mizuno T20 50,55,60 Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue
Scotty Cameron X5

11 hours ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

They are offering the Gen 4 Black or Silver as stock for Paradym, for PTD they are offering Kai'li white.   I agree it's confusing lol.  I know you can get the HZRDUS Black with PTD, but that may take a phone call.

Ahhhh, I get it now... Not going to say it makes sense (why not have all stock shafts available for all models...?), but I get it, so thank you! Might have to give them a call.

Also didn't see any place to leave a note, like "-3/4", but please do not weight the shaft tip to make up SW difference." I guess I could ask them about that in a call, too. They need a WRX member on their staff...

2i- Ping Blueprint

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

1 hour ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

They need a WRX member on their staff...

Trust me, I'm working on it. The two huge problems are I don't want to take a pay cut and don't want to relocate.

I called my POC at the mothership in Carlsbad high-lighting the exact issues you ran into back in late January; heard nothing back and obviously it didn't get fixed.

• Like 1

WITB Link

2 hours ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

Ahhhh, I get it now... Not going to say it makes sense (why not have all stock shafts available for all models...?), but I get it, so thank you! Might have to give them a call.

Also didn't see any place to leave a note, like "-3/4", but please do not weight the shaft tip to make up SW difference." I guess I could ask them about that in a call, too. They need a WRX member on their staff...

All of the same stock(no upcharge) shafts are available for each model. Click on the "custom graphite" tab.

17 minutes ago, rlb4 said:

All of the same stock(no upcharge) shafts are available for each model. Click on the "custom graphite" tab.

I see it now. Weird, I wasn’t seeing it before. Thanks for the help, everyone!

2i- Ping Blueprint

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

18 hours ago, soregongolfer said:

I got my Paradym yesterday and there wasn't a wrench in the box.  Is that normal for Callaway?  I'll have to look but I don't think I have an old Callaway wrench lying around.  

I have 12 and can send you one if you like.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

Made it into PGATSS for the final showdown. Still needed to test Aerojet LS and Mizuno STZ. Did not care for the look of either, especially compared to the look of TD. Picked up the DYNAPWR carbon as it had been pretty solid in second place but I was not feeling it tonight. Face looked really closed compared to TD. TD the hands down clear winner. I love the look of the head. The face just looks soooo solid and it sits so good and the pear shape is perfect. Love the blue/gray combo. And it just flat out performs. Love the sound/feel way better than anything else. The most solid thwack I’ve ever heard. Hot, fast, forgiving. I have seen some reviews saying TD is less forgiving than some other low spin models, but I’m not seeing that at all. It seems like the most forgiving LS model I’ve tried. Maybe I just hit the center more because I love the look and feel and everything about it. Im buying one. 

• Like 2

2i- Ping Blueprint

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

2 hours ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

Made it into PGATSS for the final showdown. Still needed to test Aerojet LS and Mizuno STZ. Did not care for the look of either, especially compared to the look of TD. Picked up the DYNAPWR carbon as it had been pretty solid in second place but I was not feeling it tonight. Face looked really closed compared to TD. TD the hands down clear winner. I love the look of the head. The face just looks soooo solid and it sits so good and the pear shape is perfect. Love the blue/gray combo. And it just flat out performs. Love the sound/feel way better than anything else. The most solid thwack I’ve ever heard. Hot, fast, forgiving. I have seen some reviews saying TD is less forgiving than some other low spin models, but I’m not seeing that at all. It seems like the most forgiving LS model I’ve tried. Maybe I just hit the center more because I love the look and feel and everything about it. Im buying one. 

This Is The Way GIF

• Like 3

WITB Link