2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

TaylorMade 2023 Product Testing and Fitting Experience Live At The Kingdom! Follow Along Here!

So did you get to play? Or is that tomorrow?

Edited by QuigleyDU

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

5 hours ago, radiman said:

course pics would be great for those of us in the great white north. 

Best I can do. We got rained out after 7 holes (you can see the rivers starting to form on the green over my shoulder.) 

Course was beautiful, but TIGHT on almost every shot. Bummed we couldn't finish as there were some beautiful holes yet to come. I love a rainy round, but I admit putting through rivers on the green gets tricky... 

PXL_20230110_213941958.jpg

PXL_20230110_191013617.jpg

Edited by Olde Maroon
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

Was thinking the same. Releases so far have not touched putters.. 

Spiders are interesting, just saw them. 

You pull your putts? Well now you have a fix, you push your putts, same thing. Super cool concept and keeping with good looking line unlike the truss idea looking silly. 

Also, if you were a fan on the true path alignment on the old spider x you will not be disappointed….

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, jbole267 said:

You pull your putts? Well now you have a fix, you push your putts, same thing. Super cool concept and keeping with good looking line unlike the truss idea looking silly. 

Also, if you were a fan on the true path alignment on the old spider x you will not be disappointed….

Russell Westbrook Basketball GIF by NBA

BALL; Chrome Soft X

BALL; Chrome Soft X

5 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

Wow! Sorry you did get to play!!

We played, so we were just cut short. When’s the last time a Carlsbad closed for the day due to… excessive rain!? 

A bit of a bummer for sure, but given the whirlwind since Sunday, it’s very hard to be disappointed in anything at all we’ve experienced. Truly a once in a lifetime opportunity. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jbole267 said:

Given the access and crazy amount of information they’ve provided is this weekend, I hate to get too deep into the details on this… but coming from a Spider Tour Black>Spider X user, the new model is without a doubt going into the bag immediately up delivery. Details to follow, as soon as allowable. I’m super excited about the changes they’ve implemented. 

Some of the older Spider Tour we all loved. Shades of the Spider X I currently play. Plus a lot of tech that is very exciting. I have some info that I’d love to share… and will! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MFBach said:

We played, so we were just cut short. When’s the last time a Carlsbad closed for the day due to… excessive rain!? 

A bit of a bummer for sure, but given the whirlwind since Sunday, it’s very hard to be disappointed in anything at all we’ve experienced. Truly a once in a lifetime opportunity. 

For sure! Awesome trip no matter how you spin it. You guys got treated like kings at the kingdom.

• Like 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

One thing I don’t think has been asked about.. golf balls.. you guys get any new ball info?

• Like 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

2 hours ago, Olde Maroon said:

I got fit for hybrids. As you can see in my original post, my "current" set includes three hybrids - two Cobra F9 and one Titleist TS2. I struggle with long irons, and feel very comfortable with hybrids. Note that all three would be considered larger hybrid heads - not full on hybrid-fairway clubs, but aimed to be more forgiving and less iron-like "workable". You can see that I ended up with just one hybrid in the "players" Stealth+ 2 model, which is very iron-like with a sharp vertical toe and a face shaped like an iron. The head is smaller and more fade-biased. 

At the fitting, Chandler noted that I hit my Cobras pretty well and that I was confident with them. He naturally put me in the standard Stealth 2 model, which is the TM corollary to my F9/TS2 heads. The standard Stealth has a bit larger head that verges on mini-fairway, and a fairway shaped face. I felt at home with it and he had a Ventus Red (non-velo) 7s shaft in it. What I found was that I was having a hard time finding a lower trajectory. It would just go up right away, which led to greater front-back dispersion and I was battling the headwind at The Kingdom. If I didn't hit it dead straight, it would get dominated by the wind. The shaft was too light as well, but changing to the Ventus Blue Velocore 8s only helped with my control, and couldn't fix the inherent flight for that model. 

When he gave me the Stealth+ 2 head, I was immediately leery. I have never felt confident with this head shape, and I'm not a great iron player, so why play a hybrid that mimics an iron? Not for the first or last time, Chandler proved why he is the expert. I was immediately hitting lower, controlled shots straight through the wind. We stuck with the Ventus Blue Velocore 8s shaft, as I am clearly comfortable with that profile. FWIW, I am quick on the backswing, aggressive transition, and quick on the downswing (not always to good results). 

The Plus model gave me the flexibility to hit that low piercing shot that most hybrids don't allow, but I had no issues getting it up as well to drop onto a green as a scoring club. Forgiveness was solid, but I was also finding the middle much better with this combo. I'm sure I'll test out the whole face in no time... 

Let me if you have any questions about anything I didn't cover or anything I said that didn't make sense. I'm not a club reviewer, but I'll try my best to help. 

interesting point about the stealth 2 plus hybrid. I have the regular stealth hybrid and I tend to hook it so might look into this. 

When you guys get your complete bags, you will need to do a WITB photo addition.  Sounds like a once in a lifetime trip.

• Like 4

Driver: Cobra Aerojet
5W: Ping G430
3H & 4H: Ping G410
5H:  Ping G
6 - GW: Ping G25

54*: Ping Glide 4.0
58*: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Full Bounce
Putter: Odyssey Tri Hot Double Wide CH Putter

Grips:  Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

Ball:  Titleist ProV1, Maxfli Tour, Taylormade TP5, PXG

Did anyone get a chance to hit the Stealth HD Irons?  I know you are all better players and they will be mocked here on the land of blades.  But I'd be lying if I didn't rub my chin a bit and say.....hmh?    

• Like 2

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

You guys did great. Bummer that you got rained out.  I am not sure where you are all from.  But, hopefully you are going to be able to get the clubs and give them a good test in the coming weeks.  

The driver and fairways were on the radar.  Can't do both, but can do one of them.  After hearing from you guys, and all of the online reviews, of how much ability there is to tweak the 3w, I think that is going to be the direction I go.  Will hold out for the next iteration of the carbonwood driver next year.  

• Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

43 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Did anyone get a chance to hit the Stealth HD Irons?  I know you are all better players and they will be mocked here on the land of blades.  But I'd be lying if I didn't rub my chin a bit and say.....hmh?    

So they did bring them out at the end of the fitting for everyone to hit. By that point (after three hours of hitting balls), I was barely able to lift a club, much less swing well, so I only swung once with the pitching wedge. I will say it put as big of a smile on my face as anything else that day. 

Even the fitters were hitting balls with them (I think some for the first time as they are brand new). They were smiling like crazy as well. I don't have a comprehensive review, but you know what you get with that type of club. I will say that they look handsome and there is more tech in them than my car, so I would absolutely recommend putting your ego aside and giving them a fair shake. 

The other boys might have more to say since I think some of them hit more shots with them than I. Sorry I can't give you more info, but they are definitely worth your attention if you even think they MIGHT suit your game. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Knudson was ripping some nice shots with the 5 iron and handed it to me.  I took one swing and predictably hit a nice high straight iron shot with it. They will be KILLER for someone that needs a little help getting the ball up and keeping it straight. They look good at address too.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Olde Maroon said:

I'm sitting on my plane to head back to Wisconsin, so I'm going to be stuck indoors for a few months. We will definitely post WITB photos when we get the clubs, and I will do follow up reviews as I get them in hand again. Definitely want to share more as we put them in play. 

Oh s***, as I type this they just told us our plane is grounded "until further notice". Guess I'm spending the day in travel hell. 

Totally worth it. 

100% worth it haha.  No rules in the airport.  Go get yourself a bloody mary and unwind for a bit lol. 

• Like 2

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

35 minutes ago, radiman said:

You guys did great. Bummer that you got rained out.  I am not sure where you are all from.  But, hopefully you are going to be able to get the clubs and give them a good test in the coming weeks.  

The driver and fairways were on the radar.  Can't do both, but can do one of them.  After hearing from you guys, and all of the online reviews, of how much ability there is to tweak the 3w, I think that is going to be the direction I go.  Will hold out for the next iteration of the carbonwood driver next year.  

I might be able to dodge raindrops for a couple rounds when the clubs show up…

33B59E33-7536-4370-8618-B182CC9FE6AC.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, radiman said:

100% worth it haha.  No rules in the airport.  Go get yourself a bloody mary and unwind for a bit lol. 

This mindset has gotten me in more trouble...

• Haha 1

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom