2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

TaylorMade 2023 Product Testing and Fitting Experience Live At The Kingdom! Follow Along Here!

3 hours ago, gticlay said:

I posted the weather forecast above and while it's been POURING rain all week up here in the PNW, I was able to play 9 holes before the Seahawks playoff game today with my father and a couple of golf buddies

Sounds like a pretty easy game for the Seahawks!

On 1/13/2023 at 11:21 PM, radiman said:

It is pretty sharp.  A friend of mine who isn't really a big Taylormade driver fan even mentioned to me that the red on the back framed it really nicely and that it looked really high end.  

On a somewhat related note, was there any mention of the standard and HD versions being available in the customs program?

The Japanese Taylormade website has the Stealth 2 versions up (for pre-orders), and there is a sentence under each one saying they will be available for customisation.

Link

4 hours ago, gticlay said:

I posted the weather forecast above and while it's been POURING rain all week up here in the PNW, I was able to play 9 holes before the Seahawks playoff game today with my father and a couple of golf buddies. It's a fun 9 hole course but has 5 holes with opportunity to hit driver. The first driver hole has OB on BOTH sides!

Started out around 45* and warmed up to low 50s by the end of the round and SUN!!!!!  Course plays pretty dry but you still can plug a drive here and there and the roll out isn't much.

I had a little trouble getting the club face closed the first two drives but the ball still got out there pretty good. The last 3 drives were really good (and I moved the weight to full draw weighting!). One of them was 297... in the winter, on a wet course. I'm really liking the possibilities for this season!

We only have the driver from the trip so that's all I have for you, except I still love my 300 Forged irons and TW MG3 wedges. Enjoy the pics if you are somewhere frozen.

IMG_6012.jpg

IMG_6014.jpg

IMG_6013.jpg

Jealousy GIF 
Oh no…I’m not jealous at all. Totally fine. 

• Haha 3

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

11 minutes ago, TheMoneyShot said:

He is one of the Kingdom club fitters at TM, super fun guy that we had so much fun with👍

Maybe my fitter? I feel bad, but cannot remember my fitters name. Is there somewhere I can figure that out? Maybe I shouldn’t even post that… he’s a very good golfer and said his wife is a 2 index. Fantastic guy. 

Nice write ups! I assume that Duane was the putter fitter? And the embargo product on the 19th is the reason we have limited pics in the putter lab? 

He was my fitter for the #twistface trip that I was lucky enough to go on.

That was a once in a lifetime trip that will stay in my memories forever. Glad Taylormade is still rolling out the red carpet for nobodies like us!

• Like 2

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

2 hours ago, MFBach said:

Yes and yes. Duane was running the putter lab for our visit and the embargo date is keeping a lot of the details from that portion of our trip under wraps… for now. 

Insane amount of technology in that room! Duane was unbelievably nice and an incredibly knowledgable person as well.

Looking back, he knew what tweaks to make with my setup within the first three questions of our conversation, which proved to be accurate and provided immediately improved results. I had balked at the idea of a putter fitting in the past, but I could not recommend it enough after our session. I literally didn’t want to leave! We talked for a long time about the new product, the older lines, putting in general… to the point that I was actually holding up one of the other players, my bad Sean! He even adjusted my current Spider X after the fitting to match the new specs and did a quick repair job on a UDI for Kyle! 

660D7EA3-2BB1-47C2-9FDA-B7C9664EFD45.jpeg.6a43d10fe2a681641bdfa11a93fd0623.jpeg

Perry was my fitter, and did he ever have his work cut out for him that day! Super nice guy and a great golf mind (feel like I could say this about every person we met, honestly). My fitting took an interesting turn and I’m planning on writing a detailed follow up/WITB when the new clubs start coming in. I’ve been swamped since I got back to the real world, but I’m fortunate enough to have a boss that plays and he didn’t think twice when I told him I was leaving for a week, on short notice, at quite literally the worst possibly time (the alternative was “I QUIT”, so what ya gonna do, right?). 

It’s really difficult to overstate this. There wasn’t a single moment throughout our entire visit that we felt “out of place”. TM has an incredible staff in place and they truly catered to us for those few days. Accommodations, presentations, access… not only did they invite us to their home, they gave us a first class experience while we were there. 

At one point, when our fittings were done and they were closing up The Kingdom for the day, someone turned the football game (UGA/TCU) on in the indoor hitting bay… And that was my “damn, this actually happened” moment. Standing on the practice tee at TK, drinking a cold beer in the SoCal sunset, watching a football game with the premiere fitting and equipment staff in golf. Surreal, to say the least. More than any mortal golfer could have hoped for or deserved. 

3EC4D5B2-5356-447B-9CE8-F8592DEF2B14.jpeg.21101bc310ebcff5acd092b2dcb27f58.jpeg

It didn’t hurt that ALL of you were also fun to be around. I’m not a super good people person but felt comfortable talking to everyone. Thanks!

I plan to talk more about the putter fitting later. I told Dwayne/Duane since it’s about half the strokes in a good round, I feel it’s such an incredibly important club to get fit but it’s so difficult to find a real putter fitting! We weren’t promised anything about putter fittings and I feel so fortunate to have had that experience above all the other things we did during the visit. 

Edited by gticlay
  • Like 3

On 1/12/2023 at 2:36 AM, rukahs said:

Get selected for Masters tickets or get this opportunity at the Kingdom??! Hmmmmm..... tough one! 😮 

Really?  Honestly it would be Kingdom all day long for me. 40,000 go to the Masters and only a small few get to the Kingdom!

Masters a strong 2nd

• Like 3

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 9 Ventus Velocore Blue 6x Tipped 1 inch

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 3 wood Ventus Velocore Red TR 7x

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood Ventus Velocore Red TR 7x

TaylorMade 2023 P7MB P-5 MMT 125 TX & P7MC 4 MMT 125TX  Soft Stepped

PXG SDII 50(51), SD II Full Face 54 (55) and TM MG4 60 (59)

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat GSS

11 minutes ago, TaylorMade Golf said:

Too many sleeps to count...but you might like something coming around the Masters!

Great news, unless it’s a pimento cheese and TP logo Pix ball. 

• Haha 3

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

On 1/14/2023 at 2:51 PM, gticlay said:

I posted the weather forecast above and while it's been POURING rain all week up here in the PNW, I was able to play 9 holes before the Seahawks playoff game today with my father and a couple of golf buddies. It's a fun 9 hole course but has 5 holes with opportunity to hit driver. The first driver hole has OB on BOTH sides!

Started out around 45* and warmed up to low 50s by the end of the round and SUN!!!!!  Course plays pretty dry but you still can plug a drive here and there and the roll out isn't much.

I had a little trouble getting the club face closed the first two drives but the ball still got out there pretty good. The last 3 drives were really good (and I moved the weight to full draw weighting!). One of them was 297... in the winter, on a wet course. I'm really liking the possibilities for this season!

We only have the driver from the trip so that's all I have for you, except I still love my 300 Forged irons and TW MG3 wedges. Enjoy the pics if you are somewhere frozen.

IMG_6012.jpg

IMG_6014.jpg

IMG_6013.jpg

Raspberry Ridge! I'm always amazed at how dry that course plays after rain compared to all the other courses in the area.

• Like 1

DriverCobra Radspeed XB | Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70S
3 WoodCobra Radspeed |Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70S

5 WoodCobra Radspeed | Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

3 IronMizuno MP225 | Mitsubishi MMT 105S

4-5 IronMizuno MP225 | KBS $-Taper 120

6-PMizuno MP223 | KBS $-Taper 120

52° & 58°Cobra Snakebite |KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Putter - 2022 Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten

14 hours ago, TaylorMade Golf said:

Too many sleeps to count...but you might like something coming around the Masters!

Tease GIF by Shark Week

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

2 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

Raspberry Ridge! I'm always amazed at how dry that course plays after rain compared to all the other courses in the area.

2 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

We are thinking to do the 10 or 11 "special" at Padden on Friday if you are available.

Edited by gticlay

How come there is no new TP5 ball this year?

sorry if I missed it 

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

31 minutes ago, GC70 said:

How come there is no new TP5 ball this year?

sorry if I missed it 

We asked about it and they are always working on the golf balls - no need for a new one yet. It was in use so we didn't get to see it, but they have this gigantic building length "firing range" for testing balls and a laboratory where they can "cook up" balls to test. Looked like fun to me!

Just wanted to add that I received a dozen TP5X and they are very, very good balls.  I really like them.

Edited by gticlay
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, gticlay said:

We asked about it and they are always working on the golf balls - no need for a new one yet. It was in use so we didn't get to see it, but they have this gigantic building length "firing range" for testing balls and a laboratory where they can "cook up" balls to test. Looked like fun to me!

Just wanted to add that I received a dozen TP5X and they are very, very good balls.  I really like them.

The machinery they use to test the balls is amazing. They can change all sorts of metrics at ball launch and then they use high speed cameras to verify results. Kinda reminded me of a bigger, longer, black batting cage.

6 hours ago, TiScape said:

image.gif.ea5ab455e9b79a62a6e7b91c78bab345.gif

Boo this man...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

29 minutes ago, blink3665 said:

The machinery they use to test the balls is amazing. They can change all sorts of metrics at ball launch and then they use high speed cameras to verify results. Kinda reminded me of a bigger, longer, black batting cage.

Boo this man...

Yeah, even the way they described the ball launcher but I didn't want to share too much about that stuff because I just don't know what is ok and what isn't to share HQ tour wise. One place they asked us to keep our phones in our pockets and didn't let their own film crew in.

22 hours ago, TaylorMade Golf said:

The burning question we need to know. 

So did you all her to meet the man/woman behind the curtain AKA  @TaylorMade Golf or shall he/she always remain anonymous 😉

Edited by Carolina Golfer 2

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35"