2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)

touch

On 4/24/2023 at 10:10 AM, Petethreeput said:

We are about 50 miles as the crow flies from the Pacific Time zone so my first year out here I was fishing the evening hatch not thinking about where I had parked my car.  The access locked up at 10PM, and I came out of the woods at 11 and I was locked in!  I had never thought that it stayed light until 10:30PM.  It really is great.

If you haven't gathered after 202 pages I have these odd tangential thoughts with nowhere to put them, and this Monday is no different.

On Friday I read an article about the medical uses of mushrooms, or particularly psylocibin (sp?).  There is also a documentary on ESPN+ but I haven't seen it.  But with the increased awareness of CTE and the resulting depression and anger which accompanies it, and the Netflix documentary Dopesick, the premise I suspect is pretty solid.  Sometimes I feel the Class A narcotic designation is way out of whack in this regard.  Now, I think if it is synthetic psylocibin then I do believe it should be Class A, but these organic mood alterers should be studied.  The Native Americans used them all the time.  Obviously, addiction is real but I am not sure making them illegal will hinder those individuals with an addictive bent.

Anyway, Wake is the name of the company and the story follows ex-athletes to a mushroom retreat in Jamaica.  The participants eat mushrooms, do some therapy to discuss their individual trip and by the reported accounts say the experience was life changing.  And, they weren't getting hooked on a cocktail of opiates.  They were able to disassociate their conscious being which led to to the depression, fear and anger and see themselves as who they wanted to be.  I thought it was a very thought provoking article.  I am attaching a link to it here.  It is pretty long, but Kevin is very thorough in creating the sense of person and the resulting effects.

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/36226140/magic-mushrooms-psychedelics-pain-hope-science-collide

P3P,  Thanks for sharing this article and the info associated.  I just listened to NLU's Trap Draw podcast with KVV and he was outstanding discussing his time and experiences. 

TrapDraw Podcast – No Laying Up: Episode 236: The Booth Vol. 4 with Neil, Cody and KVV on Apple Podcasts

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... Other than water and unsweetened ice tea or Kambucha, I haven't had a sugar drink in probably 20 years. I used to live on Dr Pepper but once I found out sugar increases inflammation I was out. Can't say I miss it either. Now that brownie is a completely different story. 😊

There has not been any real sugar in this house for like 5 years now since we found out exactly what you stated. We do sweeten our coffee with local honey which is good for preventing allergies etc. Neither one of us drink soft drinks.

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

5 hours ago, chisag said:

... Gotta love DVR's. I wait about an hour then I am able to fast forward through the fluff. Just check the pick and the commentary and film of that player, then FF to the next pick. I certainly don't need speculation on who someone will pick in 5 minutes. 

I do the same thing with the regional news every night that comes on at 9:00.  I start watching it at 9:20 and fast forward through the commercials, of course, the weather, and any other fluff that's there. I can watch an hour's worth of news in about 22 minutes. Same amount of time as it takes me to grocery shop once a week.

• Like 1

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

Edited by touch
  • Haha 2

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

@chisag Hey sir - saw you had mentioned you are an ecco guy.  I went to try them today the C4 and H4.  Everywhere I went was out of the C4.

Anyways - question - it was a much different feel than any other shoe I have felt, especially in the arch.  Do eccos take time to get used to "feet-wise"?   I passed on them for now because I wasn't sure they would work - off to Bandon tomorrow and was worried it takes time for feet to get used to them.

1 minute ago, puttnforthe8 said:

@chisag Hey sir - saw you had mentioned you are an ecco guy.  I went to try them today the C4 and H4.  Everywhere I went was out of the C4.

Anyways - question - it was a much different feel than any other shoe I have felt, especially in the arch.  Do eccos take time to get used to "feet-wise"?   I passed on them for now because I wasn't sure they would work - off to Bandon tomorrow and was worried it takes time for feet to get used to them.

Have a great time in Bandon.  It’s a kick in the pants if you haven’t been yet.  Can’t answer the show question though, sorry.  Oh and clearly I am not Chisag.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, puttnforthe8 said:

... Shoes are just so personal. I bought a pair of the original Street Eccos Freddie wears and they produced blisters on my heel. My playing pard in Chicago bought some Biom Hybrid 3s and liked them MUCH better than the Street so I tried them on in the store and they didn't seem to rub my heel. Bets I can describe it wearing them the first time out of the box on the course, it was like I forgot I had shoes on let alone new shoes. Kinda like goldilocks not cushiony but not stiff. Just support my feet. I always walk until summer when I ride of course and have honestly never worn a better golf shoe. I just don't notice I am wearing them so bought 4 more pair and rotate them. 

... Tryin on new models in stores, they feel different than the Biom 3's so I can't really give an opinion on the C4/H4. 

• Like 4

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    Cobra Aerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:    Cobra Aerojet 20* 7 wood* ... Kai'Li 70r
                  Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black Hy70r

Irons:        Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/49*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

... Since dogs rule the day I wanted to mention I saw something today I have never seen before. On the way to the course today there was a big dog with his head completely out the rear drivers side window of the car. When we got to a stop sign the dog turned his/her head and was wearing goggles! Big ole googles like worn in an old timey sidecar. It was pretty funny and the dog looked like it was in doggy heaven.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... Shoes are just so personal. I bought a pair of the original Street Eccos Freddie wears and they produced blisters on my heel. My playing pard in Chicago bought some Biom Hybrid 3s and liked them MUCH better than the Street so I tried them on in the store and they didn't seem to rub my heel. Bets I can describe it wearing them the first time out of the box on the course, it was like I forgot I had shoes on let alone new shoes. Kinda like goldilocks not cushiony but not stiff. Just support my feet. I always walk until summer when I ride of course and have honestly never worn a better golf shoe. I just don't notice I am wearing them so bought 4 more pair and rotate them. 

... Tryin on new models in stores, they feel different than the Biom 3's so I can't really give an opinion on the C4/H4. 

Hey Sam!  Weren't you a foot model back in the day?

• Haha 1

TaylorMade Sim2 Max 10.5 Driver - Oban Devotion 4 3flex

TaylorMade Sim2 Titanium 3W 13.5*

TaylorMade Sim2 Titanium 5W 19*

TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue Hybrid 3H 19.5*

TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19*, 22*, 25*) - SteelFiber i95 R

Honma Beres irons (2020) 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, AW - Nippon 750GH Wrap Tech R 

Vokey SM8 56* D grind & Vokey SM8 54* bent to 52* D grind

Scotty Cameron California Monterey Putter

8 minutes ago, sandpounder said:

Hey Sam!  Weren't you a foot model back in the day?

... LOL, I did a hand modeling job once. 

8 hours ago, puttnforthe8 said:

chisag is correct, shoes are so personal. Though popular and I see them on a good many golfers' feet ECCO's don't work for me and it is because of just what you have stated P48, the arch is different than most golf shoes. ECCO shoes are some of the best constructed golf shoes but they feel all wrong on my feet. I'm a Foot Joy, Adidas, Puma, or Peter Millar G/ Fore guy.

For walking a golf course I recommend these. I have two pair and they are very comfortable, well made, and long lasting. MG4+'s 

https://www.gfore.com/p/mens-mg4-plus-golf-shoe/g4mc0ef26.html?dwvar_g4mc0ef26_color=TWLT&dwvar_g4mc0ef26_size=8.5&gclid=Cj0KCQjwgLOiBhC7ARIsAIeetVBYCVaGhy7PNKkGXSQRM3Yal27avwB1WnrhA63z5UdUYAzS47Q-ZekaAlDGEALw_wcB

Have a good time in Bandon my friend. 

• Like 1

Well now how fashionable. 😄

18e0e66e5c40b824aee51e0fbcdfceea.jpg

Edited by touch
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, touch said:

Well know how fashionable. 😄

Wow, what a poor look, but at least priced reasonably.  If I ever was dressed like that, I would drag myself outside and kick the living crap out of myself! 

• Haha 4

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

Here ya go P48. A perfect color for the desert golfer, white and grey camo. 

G Fore's 

g4 .jpg

20 minutes ago, touch said:

I know they're not dressed nearly the same, but the first thing that came to mind when I saw the pic was the Gumbys characters from Monty Python.

image.png.66bde286a823c19b12c3b7ff7f7202ca.png

• Haha 2

Callaway Paradym 10.5* / Autoflex Dumina SF505

TM SIM2 Max 3HL 16.5* / Kuro Kage TiNi 70S

TM M1 5W 19* / Kuro Kage TiNi 70S

Ping G425 5H 26* / Ventus Velocore Blue HB 8S

Takomo 201 5-PW / Fujikura Axiom 105X

Titleist SM8 50*, New Level SPN VS 56* 60* / PX IO 6.5 "8i Spinner"

Odyssey White Hot OG #7 Bird

Snell MTB Black or Prime 4.0

2 hours ago, NJBigFish22 said:

Wow, what a poor look, but at least priced reasonably.  If I ever was dressed like that, I would drag myself outside and kick the living crap out of myself! 

... Haha I have done more than a few shoots in a coat, tie and only boxers because it can get sooooooo hot on set under the lights. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NJBigFish22 said:

there’s a great line from happy gilmore in this vein that i unfortunately can’t link a gif to. 

Ping G425 LST 9º | TPT 15LO

TM SIM2 4W 16.5º | Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8TX

TM SIM2 7W 21º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland RTX Raw 52/mid 56/mid 60/full | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Ping Custom PLD Anser 2

It's Saturday in the spring so that means another wedding where I work. 

A large ring of flowers being raised above the dance floor.

Enormous centerpieces.

An extremely long head table.

I am a fan of this weddings colors, light yellow and dusty blue.

A unique license plate on the band's vehicle.

All this plus 200 golfers.

LP is rocking. 

ring of flowers.jpg

table for wedding.jpg

very long head table.jpg

bands vehicle.jpg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, touch said:

It's Saturday in the spring so that means another wedding where I work. 

A large ring of flowers being raised above the dance floor.

Enormous centerpieces.

An extremely long head table.

I am a fan of this weddings colors, light yellow and dusty blue.

A unique license plate on the band's vehicle.

All this plus 200 golfers.

LP is rocking. 

ring of flowers.jpg

table for wedding.jpg

very long head table.jpg

bands vehicle.jpg

That vase of flowers is gonna topple as soon as the semi-drunk guy knees the table.  I'm sure you have good liability insurance.  😁

• Haha 2

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

Poor advertising on the bands part, it’s just to vague, all I get from that.plate is they may be able to sing!

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

9 hours ago, touch said:

shoes are so personal.

... One thing I will never understand is golf shoes as a fashion accessory. Pointy toed golf shoes are head scratchers in dress shoes but golf shoes should have a rounded, athletic toe just like any sneakers you would use for something athletic. FootJoy has both but more pointy toes than round toes. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, chisag said:

... One thing I will never understand is golf shoes as a fashion accessory. Pointy toed golf shoes are head scratchers in dress shoes but golf shoes should have a rounded, athletic toe just like any sneakers you would use for something athletic. FootJoy has both but more pointy toes than round toes. 

i find almost all golf shoes to be really ugly, and footjoys are near the top of that list

i’ve tried a couple of different pairs from different brands and really can’t get past the looks 

so i’ve taken to just playing in sneakers and i haven’t had any issues so far 

• Like 2

Ping Custom PLD Anser 2

4 minutes ago, ChipStrokes said:

so i’ve taken to just playing in sneakers and i haven’t had any issues so far 

... That surprises me as I imagine you generate a lot of foot torque with your speed and would assume you need some serious ground traction. But if it works, it works! 

4 minutes ago, chisag said:

... That surprises me as I imagine you generate a lot of foot torque with your speed and would assume you need some serious ground traction. But if it works, it works! 

im sure i do, but sneakers grip the ground just fine. 

there’s not much, if any, difference between sneakers and spikeless golf shoes. 

• Like 1

Ping Custom PLD Anser 2

7 hours ago, touch said:

As a fashion oblivious child, this is how I generally remember the 70s

Nobody cared what they look like 🤣

There was no fashion. I’m sayin like the elites had their Dior and what not but 90% of peoples clothes looked terrible!

Same with wine. Except for Italians and French, nobody knew what wine was.

There was like either Bordeaux caliber for the elite, or Gallo for the masses. Now there’s 19,000 wines and everyone like,

“playful nose and, yes, notes of chocolate and nutmeg”

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

As a fashion oblivious child, this is how I generally remember the 70s

Nobody cared what they look like 🤣

There was no fashion. I’m sayin like the elites had their Dior and what not but 90% of peoples clothes looked terrible!

... The irony of the 70's in NO fashion was THE  fashion and everyone very much cared what they looked like! Lots of scrubby tees shirts, frayed jeans that needed to be faded before they were worn and jean bib overalls were pretty popular at colleges in the south. It was the anti establishment era of "fashion" so sneakers were also the overwhelming choice of shoes with white socks only. Of course there were sandals, Birkenstocks and various other anti establishment anti dress shoes. 

... While I pay little attention to fashion the one thing that always has me shaking my head internally is knit caps when it is over 100* or even hotter. 😳

Edited by chisag
  • Like 1

• GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)
  • GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)