2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)

touch

45 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I remember those days. When I was in college I could call my local small bank in Greensboro and say I am gonna be a week late on my car payment and they would say "No problem and thanks for letting us know Sam". Not Mr Derence and a late fee if you are 1 hour past your payment date. I miss those days. 

I miss those days as well, sometimes the biggest problem was getting into half hour conversations trying to run a 5 minute errand!  

• Haha 1

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

8 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

How do you get your cash?  ATM or mattress?

Fruit jars and coffee cans.😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,23.5,28.5 Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

55 minutes ago, braincramp52 said:

@bladehunter probably has something like this in his shop. 

16940207583905861819663219619330.jpg

Not quite as nice as that. But yes.  Admittedly it’s a mess at the moment. I’m a pack rat.  So no hardware ever gets thrown away.  23 years makes for a lot of accumulation 

• Like 2

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, TiScape said:

BC paying for his new driver b all like…

IMG_4311.gif

Use that gif like every day 🤣

I really never use cash but keep some in wallet in case I don’t trust the place I’m buying from lol

Wife pay cash always going around with a big roll 💵 waving it around like

Im like wtf we middle nyc and you got half of chase bank 🏦 sticking out your bag 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

How do you get your cash?  ATM or mattress?

I use the bank of PVC pipe and the Bank of Mason Jar.

We do keep a debit card and a small account my wife carries for her grocery shopping etc. I do have one card that is for medical expenses only relating to my back. I have the card but it is regulated by the insurance company and my attorney. I had an issue with it I told about in the grille

Edited by BIG STU
  • Like 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

57 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

My neighbor across the street owns the local Bait and Tackle store. He has had it for 20 years now and it is very successful especially among the local anglers. He quit taking Credit Cards years ago. He was smart about it though he rented space in front of his store and sign space out front to an ATM company. He gets rent on the machine and sign space plus a percentage of the fees on the machine. Smart move if you ask me. He has signs that state cash only no credit cards. All of the local customers are like me deal in cash so no problem. Most out of towners understand and get cash out of the machine. LOL I was up there one day and this guy from NY told him it was against the law not to take credit cards. BS not here my friend told him. The guy said it is in NY. My friend informed him he was not in NY but Garden City Beach Horry County SC and he did not give 2 damns about NY. He further told the guy to leave the store he would refuse to do business with him which BTW is SC law also. 

Against the law to not take plastic 🤣.  That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.    Reminds me of the joke about the Yankees. I heard it as a true story. But I’m sure it’s folklore ….

this old man sitting outside a country store one morning.  Already a hot day, but it was up toward Hendersonville Nc.  So not very humid.  Said a car pulled up with Florida plates.  Out came a strong Roman nosed older man with a NYC accent.  And he says “ sir. You know where the next town is “.  Old lan answers “ youre in it , who you looking for “?    Traveler says “ nobody. Just that we’re looking for a place to stay , and we want to move on to a bigger place, there sure seems to be a lot of weirdos around here “.  Old man says with a smile. “ oh son.  Don’t worry.  First frost they’ll all run back down the road ….. they’re mostly harmless , as long as you don’t give them any good liquor or let them have anything on credit “.   

😂.   Tip your waitress and drive safely !  

• Haha 3

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

12 minutes ago, NJBigFish22 said:

I miss those days as well, sometimes the biggest problem was getting into half hour conversations trying to run a 5 minute errand!  

... First time my ex visited Greensboro NC with me we were pulling into our subdivision and a guy raking leaves waves to me and she says "Is he an old friend?" and I said I didn't know the guy and she scowls and says "Then why is he waving at you?" LOL, born and raised in Park Ridge IL, so much for the friendly Midwest. 

... We went to a little independent golf store to pick up some golf balls and the guy wanted to know where we were from and after saying Chicago he launched into a long story about Canadians that come through on their way to Myrtle Beach and they always shop at his place. The story was uninteresting enough but that southern pacing with additional adjectives where you have one sentence takes as long as 4 normal sentences just about made her head explode. 🤣

• Haha 4

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    CobraAerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:    Cobra King Tec 19* ... MMT Hy70r
                  Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black Hy70r

Irons:        Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

18 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Not quite as nice as that. But yes.  Admittedly it’s a mess at the moment. I’m a pack rat.  So no hardware ever gets thrown away.  23 years makes for a lot of accumulation 

How well I know you ought to have seen my place in Gaffney. It has gotten bad here. My shop is crowded plus the front bed room and the 20X20 unit across the street. My plans on retiring was to clean the stuff out and giving away or scrapping a bunch of stuff. My accident happened. I am now basically recovered 95% and when it cools down this fall (hopefully) I will start the purge. 

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

31 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Against the law to not take plastic 🤣.  That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.    Reminds me of the joke about the Yankees. I heard it as a true story. But I’m sure it’s folklore ….

this old man sitting outside a country store one morning.  Already a hot day, but it was up toward Hendersonville Nc.  So not very humid.  Said a car pulled up with Florida plates.  Out came a strong Roman nosed older man with a NYC accent.  And he says “ sir. You know where the next town is “.  Old lan answers “ youre in it , who you looking for “?    Traveler says “ nobody. Just that we’re looking for a place to stay , and we want to move on to a bigger place, there sure seems to be a lot of weirdos around here “.  Old man says with a smile. “ oh son.  Don’t worry.  First frost they’ll all run back down the road ….. they’re mostly harmless , as long as you don’t give them any good liquor or let them have anything on credit “.   

😂.   Tip your waitress and drive safely !  

I refuse to drive in between Washington DC and Southern Florida

Last thing I need is some crooked @ss good old sheriff busting my tail light with his baton then be  like,

son, that gonna be costin you 🤣

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Last thing I need is some crooked @ss good old sheriff busting my tail light with his baton then be  like,

... I was arrested and taken to jail because I was doing 26 mph in a 25 mph zone in North Myrtle Beach. He actually showed me the radar. They look at your license and if you aren't local they give you a $50 fine (1971) you have to pay right then and it doesn't go against your record if you don't get another for 30 days. You can come back and go to court where they just throw the ticket out but that cots folks more than $50 so you just pay the fine. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, TiScape said:

IMG_4309.webp

Yep. That clicks my trigger…. And not because it’s a 5 window.  The color and the halibrand wheels are right.  With the right amount of width in the rear ( as in not too much ) and an early hemi never hurts.  😂but the color suits it.  Looks distinguished.  I saw another ( 3 window ) recently that was a plain dark burgundy.  Just so understated and yet lovely.  Didn’t need anything else.  Just had class oozing 

fun fact.  Early fords.  In the south it was hard to get any color except black or white.  Maybe a light blue sometimes. In California though , you guys got yellows and reds and colors like that teal or turquoise.  Folks out here were jealous of that.  And some of the car dealers would pay up at auctions out of state for “ colorful “ cars.  And bring them back here and clean up.  This went on until  after ww2.  Soldiers traveled and insisted on having more options.  And they got them.  

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 3

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

8 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Ah hell. All you need is someone running blocker 😂.  A little grease for the wheels and you’re good to go. Most of that bad rap comes from Virginia and Georgia.  They’ll absolutely nail you to the wall.  

• Like 3

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

17 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Most of that bad rap comes from Virginia and Georgia.  They’ll absolutely nail you to the wall.  

Ya, VA is no freakin joke when it comes to traffic enforcement. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

2 minutes ago, aenemated said:

Ya, VA is no freakin joke when it comes to traffic enforcement. 

... Don't know about now, but they could confiscate any radar detectors because they were illegal in VA. I was heading through VA and got hit with instant on going 15 over the limit, saw the Statie do a u turn through the median and knew my goose was cooked. Then some guy passes me and I have coasted to the speed limit and the Statie flys right past me and pulls over this guy. 

... In Chicago I am pulled over doing 15mph over the limit. I pull out a great excuse and say I was past by another Black Maxima and he pulled the wrong car because I had my Cruise Control on at the speed limit. He tells me to look out my window and see what is over head. I see a small plane and he says "You were being timed going through the speed markers and you were 15 mph over and he tracked you, guiding me to your car". LOL, couldn't talk my way out of that one and always did the speed limit through that speed zone just in case. 

... I think Phoenix just allows speeding. Because of my EV that uses exponentially more battery the faster you go, I keep mine on cruise at 70mph. Once in a while I may pass a car doing the speed limit at 65 but mostly I get passed by an average of 80 and quite a few much higher than that. I used to drive 80 when I was in my G80 so I wasn't aware of how fast everyone drives. But in 4 years I have seen 2 cars pulled over. I have had cops pass me doing well above 80 and other cars right there with him. But mostly, I just never see a Sate Patrol on the highways and in IL I don't think I ever drove to Chicago and back without seeing several. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I think Phoenix just allows speeding. Because of my EV that uses exponentially more battery the faster you go, I keep mine on cruise at 70mph. Once in a while I may pass a car doing the speed limit at 65 but mostly I get passed by an average of 80 and quite a few much higher than that. I used to drive 80 when I was in my G80 so I wasn't aware of how fast everyone drives. But in 4 years I have seen 2 cars pulled over. I have had cops pass me doing well above 80 and other cars right there with him. But mostly, I just never see a Sate Patrol on the highways and in IL I don't think I ever drove to Chicago and back without seeing several. 

37DGKYO.jpg

This is pretty accurate for here 😂 

(I mostly deal with the 215 - 80mph is SLOW out there) 

Edited by aenemated
  • Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

2 hours ago, TiScape said:

IMG_4309.webp

Deja vu.  I was just watching Chasing Classic Cars reruns this morning and this sure looks like the same Model A hot rod that was featured on the show.  

Edit:  Oops - I didn't see Sunbelt's reply.

Edited by imkirby34
  • Like 2

Callaway Paradym 10.5* / Autoflex Dumina SF505

TM SIM2 Max 3HL 16.5* / Kuro Kage TiNi 70S

TM M1 5W 19* / Kuro Kage TiNi 70S

Ping G425 5H 26* / Ventus Velocore Blue HB 8S

Takomo 201 5-PW / Fujikura Axiom 105X

Titleist SM8 50* / New Level SPN VS 56* 60* / PX IO 6.5 "8i Spinner"

Odyssey White Hot OG #7 Bird

Snell MTB Black or Prime 4.0

May be an image of text

• Like 2

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

1 hour ago, imkirby34 said:

Deja vu.  I was just watching Chasing Classic Cars reruns this morning and this sure looks like the same Model A hot rod that was featured on the show.  

I was watching the exact same rerun this morning! My inspiration for the post. Also very cool seeing Carmel/Ocean Ave. 😊

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, imkirby34 said:

I saw that guy once hauling a find on I-95 in Bridgeport, his shop is in upper CT. Like the posted rod too. Nice wheels.

• Like 3

• GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)
  • GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)