2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Rogue st max ls vs standard paradym

belh22

• 2 weeks later...

Negative AoA at times and high spin off driver subsequently. I demoed the Paradym with my 1K shaft and it launched higher and spun about 300-400 RPMs more. Didn’t really notice all that much difference in forgiveness to be honest. Didn’t really like the crack sound either. Put the Max LS back in and carried on 

• Like 1

I demo’d the standard Paradym as well and enjoyed it, but numbers were very similar to my max LS. I was launching both with similar ballspeed and same launch/spin. 13-14 launch around 2000-2100. Seem to perform very similar, although I was hitting the Paradym with the Kai-li 6x and my gamer with a Ventus TR blue 6TX

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4
Fairway: TSi2 3 & 5 PX RDX Black 6.5
Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 3 4-P
Wedges: Zipcore Tour Rack 50/54/60
Putter: 2021 Ping Tyne CS

• 2 weeks later...

Own the Max LS, hit a demo with the Paradigm and it couldn't beat my gamer. 6.5 RDX Blue shaft in my gamer and was able to put that in the demo. Similar ball flight, slightly more spin with the Paradigm, distance was better with the Rogue on carry and role out.

Paradigm is a nice club, and would potentially buy if I didn't already own the GOAT.

Callaway Ai Smoke 💎💎💎 Max 9° Project X Denali Black 6.0 60g 

Cobra Aerojet 3 wood 15° Project X Hzrdus RDX Blue 6.0 70g  

Taylormade P790 3 & 4 iron UST Mamiya DART V 120 F5

Srixon ZX7 Mkii 5-GW UST Mamiya DART V 120 F5

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° MID 10 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 58° MID 10 DG KBS Tour Custom Series

Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Broomstick - 46/79.5/3

Taylormade TP5x

I mean, everything is basically TBD... 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

I tried the Standard Paradym and 🔶🔶🔶Paradym Vs my Max Ls and will not change.
The max Ls is more consistant than both, better feel than the standard but both the 🔶🔶🔶 Paradym and Max Ls feel and sound great.

The Max Ls spins a couple hundred less than on average than the 🔶🔶🔶, but launching lower too.

I stayed with the cheaper more consistent Max Ls.

I’m happy and no reason to upgrade.

I also decided to try the Hzrdus black Gen 4 6.5/70 gram in the Ls and it’s in the bag. low/Low with smoothness and some kick. I suggest more people give this one a try.

Different than the previous versions.

Just a great shaft!

Rox

• Like 2

2023 in the Bag!

Rogue Max Ls 9°/HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 6.5 70<br  />TSi2 15°/Aldila Green 75X<br/>Epic Flash 21°/Tour Green 75X<br/>Maltby TS1-iM 4-6 iron Modus 115X<br/>

Honma 747V/DG120-S400 7-PW<br/>Jaws 50°, 54° & 58°/DG Tour Issue S400<br/>Scotty Cameron 5.5M<br />Callaway Chrome Soft and
Sun Moutain C130/ClicGear Rovic cart with Alphard E-Wheels V2

Backups:

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB/DG120 S400 Tour Issue 5-PW

I am still gaming my Rogue St LS as well, really thought Callaway built a great driver with those Rogue ST’s. My only complaint (and it’s sort of a big 1) is the stupid safety screws on the back weight ports. In today’s world of adjustable drivers, and fwys/hybrids, how can you release a series of drivers WITHOUT any way to quickly adjust swing weight. I had lead tape on bottom of mine (placed mostly down middle of sole towards face, and 1-2 grams toe side), finally got it hot melted and it sounds and feels even better. Also still love the matte black crown. That’s biggest difference with Paradym, being able to adjust swing weight and fine tune launch/spin. A lot of people found great numbers with using heavy weight in back on the triple diamond for example.

Callaway Rogue ST MaxLS 9*w/Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s

Callaway Epic Flash sz 15* /Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7s

Titleist Tsi2 hybrid 18* /GD Tour AD IZ 85x

Titleist T-100s 4-GW /PX Lz 6.0

Titleist SM9 54-12d, 60-10s /PX Lz 6.0

Bettinardi BBzero

Recently picked up a Paradym triple diamond and tested the entire Rogue ST line up last year.  Rogue MAX LS was slightly lower launch but same spin as my current setup but that may have to do more with the shaft.  Getting slightly higher ball speeds with the Paradym.  I prefer the feel and looks of my Paradym over the Rogue.  Spin numbers are more consistent across the face with the Paradym. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM Qi10 Tour 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

9 hours ago, roxald said:

I tried the Standard Paradym and 🔶🔶🔶Paradym Vs my Max Ls and will not change.
The max Ls is more consistant than both, better feel than the standard but both the 🔶🔶🔶 Paradym and Max Ls feel and sound great.

The Max Ls spins a couple hundred less than on average than the 🔶🔶🔶, but launching lower too.

I stayed with the cheaper more consistent Max Ls.

I’m happy and no reason to upgrade.

I also decided to try the Hzrdus black Gen 4 6.5/70 gram in the Ls and it’s in the bag. low/Low with smoothness and some kick. I suggest more people give this one a try.

Different than the previous versions.

Just a great shaft!

Rox

Any way to tell which are the Gen 4 HZRDUS Black shafts? I read your review with interest as I gamed a HZRDUS Black a few years ago and really hated it. Felt dead and stout. Got rid of it. Then I had one late last year as the stock shaft in a Titleist 7 wood and it felt great, much different. I am guessing that was a later version. Is there any indication on the shaft as to which generation it is?

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

On 3/26/2023 at 12:04 PM, Radeon962 said:

Paradym seems to retain a bit more ball speed on off-center hits but sound and feel  also changes more on off-center hits.  

You know there aren't many areas where drivers can really be improved, but this is one I can imagine being super helpful. Getting clearly audible feedback on strike quality would help a lot of players, whether to reinforce the feedback from ideal swings or to let us know we're not finding the middle. 

With today's level of design and manufacturing control over faces it seems like it would be possible to "tune" the sound of contact between the sweet spot and the not quite as sweet spots. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

Any way to tell which are the Gen 4 HZRDUS Black shafts? I read your review with interest as I gamed a HZRDUS Black a few years ago and really hated it. Felt dead and stout. Got rid of it. Then I had one late last year as the stock shaft in a Titleist 7 wood and it felt great, much different. I am guessing that was a later version. Is there any indication on the shaft as to which generation it is?

The Gen 4 seem to have pretty distinctive graphics.  Should be easy to distinguish Gen 4 from the previous generations.  Off the top of my head, it went Black, Smoke Black, Smoke Black RDX, and now Gen 4.  I really enjoy the Smoke Black and RDX.  Firm, stable and consistent, but not overly stiff or boardy.  I am sure the Gen 4 is great, but I have not tried it yet.

HZRDUS Black Gen 4 Graphite Wood Shaft | True Temper Golf (truetempersports.com)

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* Driver, GD Tour AD HD-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Epic Flash TC 5 Wood, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Taylormade ‘23 P790 Irons 6-AW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

PXG Battle Ready 2 One & Done PN Putter

Thanks Jeffery R!!!

That’s the ☝️ 

Rox

2023 in the Bag!

Rogue Max Ls 9°/HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 6.5 70<br  />TSi2 15°/Aldila Green 75X<br/>Epic Flash 21°/Tour Green 75X<br/>Maltby TS1-iM 4-6 iron Modus 115X<br/>

Honma 747V/DG120-S400 7-PW<br/>Jaws 50°, 54° & 58°/DG Tour Issue S400<br/>Scotty Cameron 5.5M<br />Callaway Chrome Soft and

Backups:

On 4/25/2023 at 6:24 AM, dmeeksDC said:

Jeffery has it posted below.

Great for a Lower ballflight and spin with out the Harshness of previous versions. More feel than the RDX model too!

Rox

Edited by roxald
Correct spelling error

2023 in the Bag!

Backups:

35 minutes ago, roxald said:

Jeffery has it posted below.

Great for a Lower ballflight and spin with out the Harshness of previous versions. More fell than the RDX model too!

Rox

I’ll check it out. I like those kinds of shafts in 7 woods, which already have plenty of height and spin. I believe it was the Black RDX that came in the Titleist TSi2 fairway. That one felt better than the first one. 

From a technical perspective, the standard Paradym has an MOI that's around 500 points higher than the Rogue ST Max LS.  The Paradym has a lower and further back center of gravity but also has a slightly more draw biased COG (when the weight is in the neutral position) than the Rogue.  If you move the slider to the fade position, the COG location becomes very similar and you keep the higher MOI rating.  On paper the Rogue should spin a little less, especially for a downward angle of attack but you'd need to compare side by side to be sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hit the 9° Paradym with the HZRDUS Black Gen 4 6.5 60g in a fitting and ended up ordering the Rogue ST Max LS 9° with the same shaft because I preferred the look (and price) of the Rogue. The numbers are very similar for me, maybe like 100 RPM lower spin with the Rogue LS but still good. I was launching both in the 14°-15° range. In my hands they are basically the same driver in different colors.

22 hours ago, 780Chris said:

I hit the 9° Paradym with the HZRDUS Black Gen 4 6.5 60g in a fitting and ended up ordering the Rogue ST Max LS 9° with the same shaft because I preferred the look (and price) of the Rogue. The numbers are very similar for me, maybe like 100 RPM lower spin with the Rogue LS but still good. I was launching both in the 14°-15° range. In my hands they are basically the same driver in different colors.

I disagree.  I've tested the Rogue ST line and have the Paradym triple diamond.  They both feel different but I'd imagine it's from the forged ti for the Paradym.  Also saw 1-2* higher launch with the Paradym with the same spin.  

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM Qi10 Tour 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

I tried the Paradym with the Kai li blue and just didn't like it as much as the LS.  It felt great, but I struggled with direction.  The LS has the Ventus blue shaft btw. 

I hit some good drives with the Paradym, but just never got the confidence with it like the LS.  I just struggled with my alignment.  

I do however have a Triple diamond on order.

Edited by Tampajoe3
  • Haha 1

Callaway Ai Smoke TD 9* with Aldila Rogue Silver
Callaway Rogue ST LS 3hl and 5-wood with Aldila NVS
Callaway Ai smoke TD 7-wood with Aldila NVS
Taylormade Stealth DHy 23*
Callaway Apex 6-AW with Steelfiber FC70
Callaway Jaws Raw 52 with Nippon Modus 105
Callaway Jaws Raw 56 with Nippon Modus 105
Toulon LeMans or Ai Mini Jailbird

• 2 months later...

Bringing this topic back since its the exact two models when searching. 

How are folks getting along? Any new thoughts a few months later?

I'm testing out a standard Paradym over my Max LS which is a darn good head. I am not seeing much of anything other then aesthetics with the gamer 105-107 swing for me. The LS can more easily produce 2000-2200 spin rates, P tends to be a smidge higher (both 9d heads) but also doesn't get quite as high. Kind of what I expect, bit more spin stable. If I have to quibble with my delivery, my AoA is only a few deg up, and the 2000-2200 shots could use a bit more launch for optimal carry. Mid 2000's spin isn't bad for 12d launch. 

Where I see it be a bit more interesting is I am working on a few more MPH as we all are, and tend to not swing as hard on coure.

On range, when swinging 109-110 the LS can produce higher spin misses, heal/push misses for me.

Paradym seems to be a bit straiter (higher MOI for sure) and bit more spin consistent in the mid-upper 2K range for not so great strikes.

Last day of the Cally 2X trade in so I am at an inflection point. ST had done really nothing to deserve consideration to be punted, darn good head. But we all could use a bit more strait when we go after it. I will do another LM session outdoors today, get at least 9 holes in. 

Edited by bvanlieu

I owned both, ultimately went back to TSi2 as thats the head i score the best with.

We alternated Rogue/Epic for so long that IMO, these two releases are backwards for me.  Paradym with the sliding weight should be the "Epic" model year, and obviously Rogue ST the Rogue year, but i found them to be flipped.  The Paradym plays with more launch loft for loft and was more forgiving for me, while the ST Max LS could give me the "unicorn" ball similar to the OG epic line, with the sacrifice being the bad ones were pretty bad.

I think if you've always been a Rogue player(like me) then Paradym is the way to go, if you've leaned closer to the Epic heads, the LS is a better fit.

thanks @tipperi. I try to avoid the unicorn shots when looking at data on the LM, but want a decent sampling with dispersion. the RST LS is so solid near middle...but miss the face a bit more and I see spin jumping a lot (as it should I suppose, bad swing :D)

I gamed OG Rogue (nice club, forgiving, tad spinny) Mavrik (loved most of it, but the tow misses could be brutal for me).

The RST line was a toss up between regular and LS, went LS more on shape and knowing it wasn't really a SZ style model (I did game the Rogue SZ weight back for a season as well) 

Going to try a P 10.5 head lofted down to 9.5 today see if it sits more similar to the RST LS, I don't want anything that looks shut at address...I am resisting all temptation to get numbers on the Paradym TD 🙂 

Edited by bvanlieu
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, bvanlieu said:

thanks @tipperi. I try to avoid the unicorn shots when looking at data on the LM, but want a decent sampling with dispersion. the RST LS is so solid near middle...but miss the face a bit more and I see spin jumping a lot (as it should I suppose, bad swing :D)

I gamed OG Rogue (nice club, forgiving, tad spinny) Mavrik (loved most of it, but the tow misses could be brutal for me).

The RST line was a toss up between regular and LS, went LS more on shape and knowing it wasn't really a SZ style model (I did game the Rogue SZ weight back for a season as well) 

Going to try a P 10.5 head lofted down to 9.5 today see if it sits more similar to the RST LS, I don't want anything that looks shut at address...I am resisting all temptation to get numbers on the Paradym TD 🙂 

I hit TD at a demo day with a Ventus Red TR 6X and was surprised at how forgiving it was.  I prefer the flatter/shallow drivers over deep faced/rounded but could easily game the TD.

I agree on setup, the Max LS and I didnt get along but at address its one of the best looking heads i've ever sat behind a ball.  So much so that the one I owned came from picking one up and setting it down at DSG, never buy drivers like that but the matte crown and the flat and open look at address was amazing.  

RST line is very good. very very good. The Max LS is a good match for me spin wise in general, but the paradym in my week of testing shows a bit better forgiveness. Little here, little there. I do like how its pretty neutral, the Max LS is a smidge open but nothing like a TD model in how those sit.

Looking at just the speed numbers, for me they are so close. On course, I felt I could go after the Paradym a bit more and not suffer as much. 5 yards left/right on a bad strike kind of stuff. Less spin up bad blocks (still blocks, just less block-y if you will)

Having a few older clubs collecting dust with the 2X trade in motivated me to give them a test and well, I likely will pull the trigger before midnight 🙂

Edited by bvanlieu

Very similar performance. I still have the Rogue ST LS and I had a standard Paradym. The Paradym offers incremental improvement in ball speed retention on mishits and I found it a little easier to hit straight. Misses are improved a notch with the Paradym. I did see slightly higher spin with the Paradym, not a big difference and strike is likely the biggest factor there. It’s a very nice driver, looks and sound are fine with me. It’s not loud. 

I think both heads are great but to try to beat the Rogue ST LS I have sold the standard Paradym and am awaiting delivery of a Triple Diamond. 

• 5 months later...

Has anyone compared the std paradym to the epic max ls? Miss is toe side and the max ls can really hook on me. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with KBS TD Cat 4 44.5" 

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Snell Prime 4.0

On 3/26/2023 at 10:04 AM, Radeon962 said:

Trackman Range only for me and I am sticking with the Rogue Max LS.  Hit about 20 Callaway range balls each head, including a few old ProV1x’s from my winter bag. My final swings with potential clubs are always hitting some gamed balls to really see how a driver feels, sounds and flies.  

Standard Paradym vs Rogue ST Max LS.  Both 10.5*. Gamer shaft is a Fuji Ventus VeloCore TR Blue 5s and also tried a Kai’li White 60s.

Looks - Paradym.  Really a beautiful head.

Feel - Max LS.  Surprised by this but Max LS feels more solid.  Paradym felt a bit hollow and light.  Same swingweight at D3 at 44.75” playing length.  

Sound - Max LS.  More of a dull thud.  Paradym was more metallic/crack sound.

Distance - LS Max.  Avg 262 carry.  Paradym avg. 259 carry.  I would imagine on the course that distance would be a tossup over the course of a season of play. 

Ballspeed - both right around 155

Launch - around 15* for both

Dispersion - Paradym by a very slight margin. 

No spin #’s or club head speed with the Trackman range but seemed to be close between the two.

Paradym seems to retain a bit more ball speed on off-center hits but sound and feel  also changes more on off-center hits.  

Played the Max LS for most of last season and I am comfortable with it and I did not see enough improvement with the Paradym to keep it.  Max LS is forgiving enough, feels and sounds excellent and distance is a toss up.  

If you were fit into your current driver, I would not expect significant improvements unless you had a poor fitting previously.  We are past the point of huge gains year-to-year if you are playing a driver that was properly fit.  

IMO…. It comes down to looks, feel, sound and perhaps marginal dispersion improvements.  Distance will be a tossup.  

Or it may be if you just like shiny, new things then give it a go.  I am a buy and try type as other peoples opinions can get you in the ballpark but only you and your swing can really tell what works and what does not.

Good luck!

You pretty much nailed my thoughts!

Tried the standard Paradym and did not like It.

Continued with the Rogue Max Ls for another year in '23 and had a great year off the Tee.

I really like the flatter face and straighter topline of the Rogue-reminds me if the Old Ping G20.

Only thing that would tempt me to test is a new Callaway Max Ls model.

Rox

• Like 1

2023 in the Bag!

Backups: