2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Titleist 2023 irons

Wonderboy

4 hours ago, mtnbiker5 said:

Yes august 3rd embargo lifts    I finally hit the new iron line this morning.  Other than appearance I thought feel and performance were meh…that’s what drives me bananas when Titleist releases new irons.  They rarely and I mean rarely come out with something that is significantly better than the old line of product.   Stupidly annoying.  I honestly was looking forward to some game changing moment and going back to their irons but I’m not.  To each his own.     If you need or just want new irons they look 100 times better imo from the t100/t200 current.   The new badging on the back still feels cheap and plastic like even through they tried to silver and blend it into the back of the iron.  It’s still the same cheap feeling polymer they used on the “older” t200.  I think it was on this site somewhere were somebody said they used to be an engineer at titleist and their whole engineering department is a complete disaster.   I’d have to go back and find it but pretty interesting read.   

A bitter ex employee , shocking. 

• Like 1

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

4 hours ago, mtnbiker5 said:

Yes august 3rd embargo lifts    I finally hit the new iron line this morning.  Other than appearance I thought feel and performance were meh…that’s what drives me bananas when Titleist releases new irons.  They rarely and I mean rarely come out with something that is significantly better than the old line of product.   Stupidly annoying.  I honestly was looking forward to some game changing moment and going back to their irons but I’m not.  To each his own.     If you need or just want new irons they look 100 times better imo from the t100/t200 current.   The new badging on the back still feels cheap and plastic like even through they tried to silver and blend it into the back of the iron.  It’s still the same cheap feeling polymer they used on the “older” t200.  I think it was on this site somewhere were somebody said they used to be an engineer at titleist and their whole engineering department is a complete disaster.   I’d have to go back and find it but pretty interesting read.   

Almost 99% sure he said he worked with the engineers at Titleist on a project, not that he was a Titleist engineer. 

You are honestly the first out of literally dozens of comments that has mentioned the badge on the T200 isn’t miles better looking, feeling and sounding.  

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

2 hours ago, dlovage said:

Report back from Titleist fitting today! First of all, I'm a higher HCP (play to an 18 right now, mainly issues around short game and putting but not the best ball striker either) and have used the i230s and the T100s over the last season. Did a fitting with Titleist directly at San Jose Spartan Complex on grass.

I went with: T200 4-5i // T150 6- Gap w/ AMT Black S300

• First of all, I can't stress how amazing a direct fitting with Titleist is. I got to hit the usual 7i, but also hit 4, 5, 6, 9i and even a PW. It made a massive difference. If you can sign up via Club Titleist, do it.
  • Major takeaway #1: the T200 are going to sell a lot of irons. I was *so* skeptical of them. First of all, they are bigger than the T150 but the gap there has been narrowed tremendously. The second is the feel: MUCH better. A solid thwock vs. the more clicks prior generation. The turf interaction was far improved. Standing over the ball, the T200 felt closer to the T150. I almost went T200 in 6i (and honestly considered it across the board) but something about the tad smaller footprint of the T150 - and the fact that the gains in ball speed weren't massive - kept me within the comfort of my prior T100S.
  • Major takeaways #2: having owned 718 AP2s, the T150 comparison is spot on. It's definitely thicker - the pictures don't do it justice. If you put it next to your T100/S, you'll notice a thicker top line, I don't know how you can't. However, although I was at first a little concerned (because I love the blade-ness of the T100S), when you're actually standing over the ball, you don't see any back cavity and it honestly didn't make a huge difference.
  • Major takeaway #3: the T150 is more forgiving - relatively - than the T100S. Again, I could feel off-center hits less than my T100S. Something I always liked about the T100S is even if I didn't flush a shot and thought "oh shoot, I hit it super thin", it somehow still goes 90% of the way. With the T150, the different was even less noticeable. 
  • Major "controversial" takeaway #4: I actually like the feeling of the '21 T100 better. Most people will like the T150 - it's 100% more muted, softer contact. Something about it threw me off in the beginning of the fitting until I got used to it. It's not PXG goo-soft, or Kyoei butter soft, and it's not a solid soft like Miura. It's almost like the older Titleist CB (like a 712 CB) and even like the new PXG 0317 CBs. It felt more "CB-like" than the T100S, for sure. I did a quick "blind test" where the fitter switched me out of my old/ new T150 club and I just did some quick set up and hits - not looking at the top line too much - and I nailed it every time. I suspect most people will love the more muted feeling. For me, one of the reasons I switched into the T100S from the i230 - apart from blade length - was for that addicting T100 feel. After a few shots though, thought they felt great. I will say: if you’re a great ball striker who doesn’t really need extra forgiveness, you may want to just stay at T100S.
  • Other observations:
    • The T200 in 4/5i are rocket launchers. I'm probably most excited about them. The T200 4i came within a few yards of my current fairway winder U5050 w/ Ventus Blue HYB 80S!
    • I hated the T350. Massive, clicky, massive offset. Would probably make a great driving iron but it only outgained the T200 by less than 1 mph ball speed so I stuck with what I liked.
    • The new utility iron was nice, but I stuck with my U505.
    • If you're in the market for a new shaft, check out the stock AMT S300. I'm a ~80-83 mph 7i SS and found it super easy to elevate the long irons and kept the weight on the short irons. Beat out my old gamer KBS Tour 120S and PX LZs.

FYI I ordered today and got an email saying "expected shipping August 1st". That can't be right, can it? Haha. The rep said it was taking 1-2 weeks on average. No cost savings from ordering directly with them, only expected build time.

good stuff here 👍 

makes me feel justified in recently getting the current t100S before they were discontinued but also waiting for the new t200 for a potential 4 iron replacement 

Callaway Rogue ST 🔹🔹🔹LS 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR blue 6X

Titleist TSr3 16.5* - Tensei Blue 65X

Titleist 2023 t200 4 Project X 6.0

Titleist 2021 t100s 5-GW - Project X 6.0

Vokey SM9 - 52*, 56* m grind

Cleveland Zipcore raw - 60* low

Odyssey White Hot OG 1/OG 11/Toulon Atlanta

Srixon Z Star🔹

8 minutes ago, Chopper Dave said:

good stuff here 👍 

makes me feel justified in recently getting the current t100S before they were discontinued but also waiting for the new t200 for a potential 4 iron replacement 

I’ve actually decided to keep my T100S set. Will be a good set for the range and I’m a little nervous I may end up not liking the T150 as much 😝

3 minutes ago, Copacetic said:

Would have been great to see a much more easily interchangeable set of lofts like callaway have done, really like this approach. 

IMG_3028.webp

I think the apex  pro lofts are great, no need to bend anything and matches with  a 56/60  wedge setup nicely. You  can  get that with the T150 bent will need to bend 1 weak, and i think the AW 2 weak

TSR2 10 Ventus TR Blue 6x

TSR2 16.5 Ventus Red 7x

TSR2 21 Ventus TR Blue 8x

ZX7 5-PW $-Taper 130x

RTX6 50,54,60 DG TI S400

Spider Tour X L-neck / Odyssey ''Xander'' LV

TM 2024 TP5

For those that have hit the T100 and T150, how do you think the irons compare if the same loft? Say a 30 degree 6 iron (Standard T100, T150 bent 2 degrees weak). Does the design of the T150 produce different launch conditions? (of course T150 will be slightly more forgiving on mishits, I am only wondering about well struck shots)

1 hour ago, tungstenplug said:

For those that have hit the T100 and T150, how do you think the irons compare if the same loft? Say a 30 degree 6 iron (Standard T100, T150 bent 2 degrees weak). Does the design of the T150 produce different launch conditions? (of course T150 will be slightly more forgiving on mishits, I am only wondering about well struck shots)

My Titleist fitter said that the 150 definitely produces a higher ball flight all else being equal. It’s not just a slightly larger head and stronger lofts. Not sure what, but he said there’s things under the hood of the 150 that gets it up in the air more than the 100.

I fight too much height due to my speed and swing mechanics so we didn’t even touch the 150 or 200. Coming from the 100S we landed on CBs 7-PW and new T100 4-6. All bent two strong. 

Was fairly surprised when he handed me the CBs right after hitting my T100S for baseline numbers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jak77 said:

My Titleist fitter said that the 150 definitely produces a higher ball flight all else being equal. It’s not just a slightly larger head and stronger lofts. Not sure what, but he said there’s things under the hood of the 150 that gets it up in the air more than the 100.

I fight too much height due to my speed and swing mechanics so we didn’t even touch the 150 or 200. Coming from the 100S we landed on CBs 7-PW and new T100 4-6. All bent two strong. 

Was fairly surprised when he handed me the CBs right after hitting my T100S for baseline numbers. 

Assuming you end up ordering what you were fit to, do you care to share photos at address of the 6 and 7 irons? I've got the 2021 T100 set and am considering bending two strong as well to help lower flight and spin a touch, just wondering how the offset would be visually.

• Like 1

Going for my fitting this afternoon. What is the turn around time from order to ship?

WITB 2024

Titleist TSR3 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x (Patriot Edition)
Callaway Apex UT 17 Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7x
Sim 2 Rescue 19* Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 85X

TaylorMade P770 2017 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 120x
Titleist Vokey SM8 50*,54*,58*
TaylorMade SpiderX HydroBlast
Titleist Pro V 1 or TP5.

Titleist Linksmaster Club Bag

45 minutes ago, J Gilbert said:

Assuming you end up ordering what you were fit to, do you care to share photos at address of the 6 and 7 irons? I've got the 2021 T100 set and am considering bending two strong as well to help lower flight and spin a touch, just wondering how the offset would be visually.

No problem, I ordered them last week so hopefully the arrive soon! The fitter said it would change minimally and from my own bending experience I agreed with him. 

I’ll throw some pics on here when they arrive. 

• Thanks 1

I'm still waiting on my shipment from my 7/17 order.  I spoke with a Titleist rep and they said it's because I ordered my shaft hard stepped, which requires an extra review and slows the build process.  It just went to "In Process" this morning, and Titleist was gracious enough to upgrade my shipping to overnight.  Just an FYI for anyone else considering hard stepping or soft stepping their order, it seems to considerably increase your build time.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, stevechooster said:

Fitted on 07/21, shipped yesterday and now it’s here.

T200 4-6, 1* weak
T150 7-GW 

Will try to get out and play this week to share some initial comments. 

IMG_6321.jpeg.a66836aa78e6c33d2c62c787c04715e5.jpeg

IMG_6322.jpeg

Look so good with the blacked out AMTs!

• Like 2

WITB:

Ai Smoke Max 9* Tensei 1k Blue

Ai Smoke Max 5w Ventus Blue +

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping Blueprints S 5-P Modus 105S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Tour X

21 hours ago, dlovage said:

Report back from Titleist fitting today! First of all, I'm a higher HCP (play to an 18 right now, mainly issues around short game and putting but not the best ball striker either) and have used the i230s and the T100s over the last season. Did a fitting with Titleist directly at San Jose Spartan Complex on grass.

I went with: T200 4-5i // T150 6- Gap w/ AMT Black S300

• First of all, I can't stress how amazing a direct fitting with Titleist is. I got to hit the usual 7i, but also hit 4, 5, 6, 9i and even a PW. It made a massive difference. If you can sign up via Club Titleist, do it.
  • Major takeaway #1: the T200 are going to sell a lot of irons. I was *so* skeptical of them. First of all, they are bigger than the T150 but the gap there has been narrowed tremendously. The second is the feel: MUCH better. A solid thwock vs. the more clicks prior generation. The turf interaction was far improved. Standing over the ball, the T200 felt closer to the T150. I almost went T200 in 6i (and honestly considered it across the board) but something about the tad smaller footprint of the T150 - and the fact that the gains in ball speed weren't massive - kept me within the comfort of my prior T100S.
  • Major takeaways #2: having owned 718 AP2s, the T150 comparison is spot on. It's definitely thicker - the pictures don't do it justice. If you put it next to your T100/S, you'll notice a thicker top line, I don't know how you can't. However, although I was at first a little concerned (because I love the blade-ness of the T100S), when you're actually standing over the ball, you don't see any back cavity and it honestly didn't make a huge difference.
  • Major takeaway #3: the T150 is more forgiving - relatively - than the T100S. Again, I could feel off-center hits less than my T100S. Something I always liked about the T100S is even if I didn't flush a shot and thought "oh shoot, I hit it super thin", it somehow still goes 90% of the way. With the T150, the different was even less noticeable. 
  • Major "controversial" takeaway #4: I actually like the feeling of the '21 T100 better. Most people will like the T150 - it's 100% more muted, softer contact. Something about it threw me off in the beginning of the fitting until I got used to it. It's not PXG goo-soft, or Kyoei butter soft, and it's not a solid soft like Miura. It's almost like the older Titleist CB (like a 712 CB) and even like the new PXG 0317 CBs. It felt more "CB-like" than the T100S, for sure. I did a quick "blind test" where the fitter switched me out of my old/ new T150 club and I just did some quick set up and hits - not looking at the top line too much - and I nailed it every time. I suspect most people will love the more muted feeling. For me, one of the reasons I switched into the T100S from the i230 - apart from blade length - was for that addicting T100 feel. After a few shots though, thought they felt great. I will say: if you’re a great ball striker who doesn’t really need extra forgiveness, you may want to just stay at T100S.
  • Other observations:
    • The T200 in 4/5i are rocket launchers. I'm probably most excited about them. The T200 4i came within a few yards of my current fairway winder U5050 w/ Ventus Blue HYB 80S!
    • I hated the T350. Massive, clicky, massive offset. Would probably make a great driving iron but it only outgained the T200 by less than 1 mph ball speed so I stuck with what I liked.
    • The new utility iron was nice, but I stuck with my U505.
    • If you're in the market for a new shaft, check out the stock AMT S300. I'm a ~80-83 mph 7i SS and found it super easy to elevate the long irons and kept the weight on the short irons. Beat out my old gamer KBS Tour 120S and PX LZs.

FYI I ordered today and got an email saying "expected shipping August 1st". That can't be right, can it? Haha. The rep said it was taking 1-2 weeks on average. No cost savings from ordering directly with them, only expected build time.

Fantastic report. Many thanks!

Are there any tweaks necessary to get the T200 4&5 to play nicely with the T150?

Incidentally, I think that should be named the Golfwrx combo, I can see so many guys here playing it! 😄

20 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Almost 99% sure he said he worked with the engineers at Titleist on a project, not that he was a Titleist engineer. 

You are honestly the first out of literally dozens of comments that has mentioned the badge on the T200 isn’t miles better looking, feeling and sounding.  

The t200 new backing looks better but it’s still a plastic polymer backplate same as now.  These clubs are fine to each his own. Now exploring the new apex launch which looks very nice 

44 minutes ago, Wayside said:

Fantastic report. Many thanks!

Are there any tweaks necessary to get the T200 4&5 to play nicely with the T150?

Incidentally, I think that should be named the Golfwrx combo, I can see so many guys here playing it! 😄

I'm sure it'll come out either this week or next, but my fitter gave me 1* weak on the T200, stating it'll give me 22* / 25* / 28* for my 4-6, respectively, to blend in with the T150. Might be part of the overall design of the T200 this time to give it a different spec to actually be different than the T150 line. 

• Like 1

TSR3 9* w/ Ventus Blue 6S

Stealth+ 15* w/ Ventus Blue 7S

TSR3 18* w/ Tour AD UB 8S

23' T200 4-6 w/ AMT White S300 Onyx

23' T150 7-PW w/ AMT White S300 Onyx

RTX 6 ZipCore 52, 56, 60 w/ DG Spinner

Mezz.1 Max

ProV1

Please don't tempt me with your WTS/WTT posts...

2 hours ago, stevechooster said:

Fitted on 07/21, shipped yesterday and now it’s here.

T200 4-6, 1* weak
T150 7-GW 

Will try to get out and play this week to share some initial comments. 

IMG_6321.jpeg.a66836aa78e6c33d2c62c787c04715e5.jpeg

IMG_6322.jpeg

glad to see the black shafts are back in stock.  I waited 5 months and eventually cancelled my order.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FmaxTurboSi said:

Honestly...... this is why i don't understand why everybody gets all bent out of shape for "jacked lofts" LOL.  Clubs with tungsten, hollow bodies, hollow slots, lower center of gravity all effect ball flight.  At the end of the day, who cares if your hollow 7iron has 30* of stated loft if it hits it through the same window as a 34* players 7 iron.  

Couldn’t have said it better. This is why I think fitting is so important. If I was to self fit, I would’ve definitely gone T150 assuming that’s what I would’ve needed coming from T100S. Never would’ve thought to go CBs. And the fact that he wasn’t pushing me to the new stuff at the bottom end gave me more confidence in what he was doing. The fitting was awesome, off grass with ProV1s. 

Like you said, all about hitting the right windows with the right combo of height and spin to get the distance consistency we need with the irons. Now let’s hope I can translate the fitting to results on the course!

• Like 1

Got fit today. Went for the T150 from 4 to PW.

I could have gone for either T100 or T150 but just felt a little more forgiveness and some more pop off the face with the T150. Feel wise, both were great. 

I thought the T150 was going to be a bit chunky, especially in the short irons, but it’s not at all. It’s been said before here and the fitter said that the T150 is a very close to the AP2.

The T150s were going too far for me though, so weakened lofts by 2 degrees all the way through the set. Obviously I couldn’t hit them with the weakened lofts, but the fitter and I took numbers from the 7 and 8 irons and made a rough calculation of what launch, spin and distance numbers should be.

Plus, the T150 4 iron looked like a 2 iron to me with the lack of loft so weakening made sense. 

Final specs….

IMG_9727.jpeg.e1aac05dcb505604ff1fd96a24b6e5a9.jpeg

Hope to receive them soon! 😬

Edited by gaffs
  • Like 4

WITB 2024

Titleist TSR3 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x (Patriot Edition)
Callaway Apex UT 17 Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7x
Sim 2 Rescue 19* Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 85X

TaylorMade P770 2017 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 120x
Titleist Vokey SM8 50*,54*,58*
TaylorMade SpiderX HydroBlast
Titleist Pro V 1 or TP5.

Titleist Linksmaster Club Bag

16 hours ago, Pure716 said:

A few pages back I wrote a pretty lengthy review of my fitting experience at Club Champion. They made sure to bend both the T-100 and T-150 6 iron to the exact same loft & lie. So, I feel like I can speak to this very accurately.

In my case, I saw:

T-100

Club Speed    Ball Speed    Smash Fac.    Launch Ang.    Spin Rate    Carry    Total    Height    Land. Ang.

89.9                122.0             1.36                20.1                  5032            175.8     183.6   113         50.3

T-150

Club Speed    Ball Speed    Smash Fac.    Launch Ang.    Spin Rate    Carry    Total    Height    Land. Ang.

89.3                123.6            1.38                 20.4                  4556           181.8    190.4   117         50.3

Fantastic data here.....thank you for sharing.

TM Qi10 Max - Diamana T60
Callaway Ai Smoke 3HL, 7W - GD Tour AD VR-7

Titleist T350 5 - MMT95

Titleist T200 6-PW - MMT105

Titleist T150 GW - MMT105

Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack 52,56,60
SC Super Select Squareback 2
Bridgestone Tour B RXS

10 hours ago, Nolesbl said:

What did you get?

5-W48 T350 AMT Red Stiff (coming from 2019 P790 KBS 120 Tour FLT). I was having issues with the comparatively heavy weight of my current shafts. The T350 is by far the best looking GI ive ever seen, and looking down at it without knowing, it has a similar profile to thinner player distance models. I wouldn't have gotten them regardless of performance if I couldn't stand looking down at them. They are super hot, launch high, land soft, feel great. 

I shoot around 95 consistently. 

Edited by YanksGiants
  • Like 2