2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Titleist 2023 irons

Wonderboy

Got my fitting done yesterday indoor via trackman. I was coming from 714 AP2's with PX 6.5's. I was only looking at T100. Wanted to change up shafts as the 6.5's are pretty rigid and don't provide a ton of feel. Best shots with my AP2 7 iron and best with T100 7 iron were virtually identical. Where the T100 outperformed the AP2's was on mishits, my miss is thin due to early extension. Yardage dispersion was 16 yards with the AP2's (164-180) T100 narrowed that to 10 yards (169-179) on similar mishits. Tried the KBS $taper 125, KBS tour V 130, PX LS 6.5, PX LZ 6.5, PX 6.5 and the winner DG x100. Once I settled on 4-P it was time to try the new T200 3 iron. Currently have a 2021 T200 3 iron with PX 6.5. The new T200 feel is 100 times better than the previous. It's a forged face which previously wasn't and the old iron felt hollow on toe strikes. New T200 felt very solid across the face and will be ordering that down the road. Be prepared for delays due to shafts as mentioned above. Tour issue x100's are backorded and my ship date is 9/11. 

• Like 1

I went to a Titleist fitting yesterday (outdoor with Pro V1x balls) Currently, I have the ‘21 T100. Make a long story short….the fitter (who fit me last time to the current set) could not beat my current set in consistent ball speed, distance, dispersion, landing angle, peak height, etc. I would have loved to get a new set for “shiny and new” if they could at least match my current set, but alas, no go.

Ultimately, I bought a new T150 5 iron so as to not completely waste the $100 fitting fee and to test it against my T100 for any advantage on the top end of the bag.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM10 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Odyssey Triple T 

4 hours ago, jorellanes said:

I wanted to order the T150s to have all Titleist bag BUT my ZX7 MKii feel so much better plus #s are spot on for me. I can’t stand that “click” sound/feel.

Yeah, I'm really not sure why they sounded firm. They are a good iron, but weren't anything outstanding vs. others I've tried. 

A full Titleist bag would look clean, but mixed bags give you more options and potentially better results in each category.

• Like 2

TITLEIST TSR2 TENSEI AV BLUE XLINK 65S

3w broken

PING G430 3H 4H TOUR 2.0 CHROME 85S

PING i230 5-PW MODUS 115S

TITLEIST SM9 50F 54D 58D S200

LAB DF3 BLK, 73°, 35", Heavy

I went in for a team Titleist fitting today. Ended up with T350 5 iron, T200 6 iron, and T150 7-GW. Fitter put me into AMT Tour white S200. I didn’t realize the AMT white even had an S200 variation. I can’t seem to find any weight specs on it. True Temper website only shows x100, S300, R300. 

Also fit me 2 upright and 1” short. I’m 5’10” and have never been fit into anything other than standard length (I did have one PXG fitter say I should be +1/2”). I’m not sure what to think about that, other than I’ll trust him, see how it works out, then just rebuild them myself later if those specs feel odd. For reference, the Ping color code chart puts me into std length and 1 upright. 

Anyway back to the club heads. I thought T150 felt pretty good. With range balls they felt a little bit better than i230s. T200 also felt pretty good, T350 you can definitely tell they have some tech and are powerful, but not off putting to me in any way. 

Fit and ordered on Thu 8/10, lead time looks to be 22 days due to T150 heads being the bottleneck. Fitter said they have been super popular. 

Dr - still working on it

G430 Max 15 / PING Tour Black 2.0 75S

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

i230 6-P / Modus 115S

s159 50, 54, 58 / Modus 125 Wedge

LAB DF3

9 minutes ago, Arlin964 said:

I went in for a team Titleist fitting today. Ended up with T350 5 iron, T200 6 iron, and T150 7-GW. Fitter put me into AMT Tour white S200. I didn’t realize the AMT white even had an S200 variation. I can’t seem to find any weight specs on it. True Temper website only shows x100, S300, R300. 

Also fit me 2 upright and 1” short. I’m 5’10” and have never been fit into anything other than standard length (I did have one PXG fitter say I should be +1/2”). I’m not sure what to think about that, other than I’ll trust him, see how it works out, then just rebuild them myself later if those specs feel odd. For reference, the Ping color code chart puts me into std length and 1 upright. 

Anyway back to the club heads. I thought T150 felt pretty good. With range balls they felt a little bit better than i230s. T200 also felt pretty good, T350 you can definitely tell they have some tech and are powerful, but not off putting to me in any way. 

Fit and ordered on Thu 8/10, lead time looks to be 22 days due to T150 heads being the bottleneck. Fitter said they have been super popular. 

Pings color code chart really only applies to Ping clubs. Pings lie angles are typically flatter than Titleist. For example the T100 7 iron has a 63* lie angle. Ping I230 is 62*. 

• Like 1

I’m hoping that former TMB users might be able to help answer a question that’s been bugging me. I played the TMB long irons but never a full set. Titleist says that they are using the polymer metallic badge glued on the back of the T200 and T350 because it saves them 10 grams of weight over a welded back hollow cavity, similar to the P770, P790, PXG 0311P, et cetera. I’m curious to hear from the players that have extensive experience with the TMB, which had a welded back hollow cavity. Do you feel like the T200 or the T350 is significantly more forgiving than the TMBs were? And if so, is that added forgiveness enough for you to prefer the glued back piece over the welded back. 

I just don’t understand why if the glued back piece is so superior to a welded back, why none of the CNCPT, the most advanced irons Titleist makes, have a glued back piece. And further more, if the glued back piece is so superior, why isn’t Taylormade, PXG, Mizuno, Cobra, Callaway, et cetera, doing the same? Color me confused. The math ain’t mathing 

Preordered the T150's 6-GW.  I ordered 2 degrees flat with project x IO 6.0 shafts and tour velvet align grips. Reading this thread seeing some people were saying they are having delays made me a little nervous.  On Titleist website they do not have the tour velvet align grips as an option.  I ordered through an authorized retailer and now im worried the grips could hold up the order.  Guess I'll find out soon.

30 minutes ago, Llortamaisey said:

I’m hoping that former TMB users might be able to help answer a question that’s been bugging me. I played the TMB long irons but never a full set. Titleist says that they are using the polymer metallic badge glued on the back of the T200 and T350 because it saves them 10 grams of weight over a welded back hollow cavity, similar to the P770, P790, PXG 0311P, et cetera. I’m curious to hear from the players that have extensive experience with the TMB, which had a welded back hollow cavity. Do you feel like the T200 or the T350 is significantly more forgiving than the TMBs were? And if so, is that added forgiveness enough for you to prefer the glued back piece over the welded back. 

I just don’t understand why if the glued back piece is so superior to a welded back, why none of the CNCPT, the most advanced irons Titleist makes, have a glued back piece. And further more, if the glued back piece is so superior, why isn’t Taylormade, PXG, Mizuno, Cobra, Callaway, et cetera, doing the same? Color me confused. The math ain’t mathing 

I played a full set of 716 TMBs and played 2021 T200 utility 4iron (which will going for sale shortly).  Now, you need to define forgiveness for yourself. My miss is low on the face, but I hit it center for the most part, and I found T200 more forgiving in that aspect, however, T200 sole is wider and I play on very dry firm conditions (for the most part) and being somewhat of a picker of a ball, and the sole of the TMB was more forgiving in those conditions, however as soon as the fairways were fluffier T200 was MUCH more forgiving on low strikes.  Your mileage may vary, but that was me and that was the main reason why I got rid of the TMBs. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ewood808 said:

Got my fitting done yesterday indoor via trackman. I was coming from 714 AP2's with PX 6.5's. I was only looking at T100. Wanted to change up shafts as the 6.5's are pretty rigid and don't provide a ton of feel. Best shots with my AP2 7 iron and best with T100 7 iron were virtually identical. Where the T100 outperformed the AP2's was on mishits, my miss is thin due to early extension. Yardage dispersion was 16 yards with the AP2's (164-180) T100 narrowed that to 10 yards (169-179) on similar mishits. Tried the KBS $taper 125, KBS tour V 130, PX LS 6.5, PX LZ 6.5, PX 6.5 and the winner DG x100. Once I settled on 4-P it was time to try the new T200 3 iron. Currently have a 2021 T200 3 iron with PX 6.5. The new T200 feel is 100 times better than the previous. It's a forged face which previously wasn't and the old iron felt hollow on toe strikes. New T200 felt very solid across the face and will be ordering that down the road. Be prepared for delays due to shafts as mentioned above. Tour issue x100's are backorded and my ship date is 9/11. 

Why didn't you try the T150 as well?

TSR2 9° with Tensei AV Xlink Blue 65 TSR
TSR2 15° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 6.0
TSI2 18° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 6.0 

T200 Utility 4 Project X HZRDUS Black 4G  

T150 5 - PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105

Vokey SM9 48 F Grind, 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Scott Cameron Phantom X 11.5
Tour Midsize Bag

Pro V1

On 8/9/2023 at 8:25 PM, BlkNGld said:

I know it's a silly question on golfwrx, but is that in addition to or in lieu of the T350s?

Ha. You know it. Yes the 350’s aren’t going anywhere.  I hit the 200 well during my fitting and almost went with them.  The 150 I use my PW for a lot of short game shots.  So wanted something a bit softer and more controllable there. 

Should be fun!

• Like 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

13 hours ago, Ewood808 said:

@Ewood808 - what made you make the switch if the results were somewhat similar? Was it dispersion? Wanting to upgrade? 

I’ve got 714 AP2s which I love and am thinking of upgrading to new T100s pending a fitting

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hoselshot82 said:

Thought I’d answer my own question for anyone else interested. I was curious on the sole width of the t150 and the i230. Got to the shop to take pic. 

IMG_1272.jpeg

I’m sure they’re great irons and my buddy has some but that dang toe screw for me is just a complete no go on ping irons. 

Callaway Epic Speed 9° Driver
Callaway Epic Speed 4W - Smoke IM10

Callaway Apex UW (21°)

Mizuno Pro 225 (4i); 223 (5-9i); 221 (PW)
Jaws MD 5 50°, Full Toe 54°, 58° PM Grind
Toulon Odyssey Chicago

Got out for 9 holes with my T150's today. Gave me a good chance to get a feel for them although still not hitting them as pure as I would like, which is not surprising given it's the first time out.

Forgot about new groove spin and how severe it is. Spun quite a few off the green where I wasn't expect it but that should calm down a little as the clubs get worn in. 

Most noticeable thing is the forgiveness compared to the T100S. Obvious given I wasn't used to them, was hitting it a little towards the toe which caused a bigger draw for me than usual. The lost distance on these mishits was marginal, where the T150's were a little more punishing. Turf interaction was also a lot better. I previously only got to hit them on range mats during the fitting but the time on grass gave me a better idea of how well they hit.

T200 utility was incredible. First hit on the course was a par 4 and I hit it as well as I have ever hit a 4 iron.

Edited by TheOverratedPhotog

TSR2 9° with Tensei AV Xlink Blue 65 TSR
TSR2 15° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 6.0
TSI2 18° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 6.0 

T200 Utility 4 Project X HZRDUS Black 4G  

T150 5 - PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105

Vokey SM9 48 F Grind, 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Scott Cameron Phantom X 11.5
Tour Midsize Bag

Pro V1

Have a T150 7 iron, 1* weak on the way for me to test out for a while before I make a final decision. I don't know how you all make irons decisions from a simulator/fitting session. I need to see the ball fly on holes where I know a certain shot is needed and how it reacts in different on-course conditions. Drivers I am a little more comfortable going based off range numbers-- I don't really need my driver to hit certain yardage gaps. I need my driver to hit the ball far and straight which is a little more quantifiable. 

Looking for a lllliiiitttttlllleeee more distance out of my 5/6/7 (current 5i carry is 202 vs 4i is 220, would be helpful to get 5i up to about 205) but don't really want to touch the gapping in my 8/9/P. So my current thinking is most likely T150 1* weak for 5-7, and T100 for the rest. Will demo the T150 on course this fall when it arrives and then make a final decision before the end of the season. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Ha. You know it. Yes the 350’s aren’t going anywhere.  I hit the 200 well during my fitting and almost went with them.  The 150 I use my PW for a lot of short game shots.  So wanted something a bit softer and more controllable there. 

Should be fun!

I do the same thing.  Played an AP2 714 PW (and sometimes 9-iron) with my AP1 712 5 to 9-iron.

Now T300 7 to 9-iron with T100s PW.

• Like 1
Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

1 hour ago, mbb86 said:

Have a T150 7 iron, 1* weak on the way for me to test out for a while before I make a final decision. I don't know how you all make irons decisions from a simulator/fitting session. I need to see the ball fly on holes where I know a certain shot is needed and how it reacts in different on-course conditions. Drivers I am a little more comfortable going based off range numbers-- I don't really need my driver to hit certain yardage gaps. I need my driver to hit the ball far and straight which is a little more quantifiable. 

Looking for a lllliiiitttttlllleeee more distance out of my 5/6/7 (current 5i carry is 202 vs 4i is 220, would be helpful to get 5i up to about 205) but don't really want to touch the gapping in my 8/9/P. So my current thinking is most likely T150 1* weak for 5-7, and T100 for the rest. Will demo the T150 on course this fall when it arrives and then make a final decision before the end of the season. 

I agree.

Honestly, i would much rather have an hour with a few 7 irons and PW's, hitting into greens than a regular fitting.

I find it hard to get into a rhythm when you are hitting 3 shots with this, 3 shots with that.

• Like 1

WITB 2024

Titleist TSR3 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x (Patriot Edition)
Callaway Apex UT 17 Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7x
Sim 2 Rescue 19* Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 85X

TaylorMade P770 2017 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 120x
Titleist Vokey SM8 50*,54*,58*
TaylorMade SpiderX HydroBlast
Titleist Pro V 1 or TP5.

Titleist Linksmaster Club Bag

7 minutes ago, drza3 said:

I'm currently playing 2021 t100s with a i230 4 iron.  I'm looking to swap out the 4 iron spot with a t200 or t150.  I wanted more forgiveness in the 4 spot than the t100s.  Will the t150 4 provide me with that extra forgiveness or should  I just go t200?  I need height

I'm currently playing i230s and in my fitting I didn't find the T150s to be dramatically different in terms of peak height, and didn't find them to be more forgiving than i230s. (Not really less forgiving, either -- they're close, in my opinion.) I'd probably go T200.

Also, if you haven't hit the Ping iCrossover 4 utility yet... I would try it! I have some bunching in my bag around the 4 and 5 irons, and am working out what to do myself. Following Titleist's 5 mph ball speed rule, I'm all good from the 8 to 7 iron, 7 to 6 iron. But from the 6 to 5 iron, I start to lose some steam, and lose even more from the 5 to 4 iron. Height and consistency are both problems in the 4 iron spot, and height is fine but consistency is the issue in the 5 iron. I demoed the iCrossover 4 utility and bam -- same peak height as my 6 iron on down, and 11 mph faster ball speed than my 6 iron ... which, since it's two clubs away, is perfect, following Titleist's 5 mph rule. I'm ordering one, and believe it'll solve my 4 iron spot. The 5 iron remains an issue, but it's less of one; I'm thinking potentially an i525 5 iron or just strengthening my current 5 iron by a degree or so.

• Like 2

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max 21* | Project X Denali Blue 80TX

Hybrids: Ping G430 5H @25*, 6H @29 | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 6-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

6 hours ago, TheOverratedPhotog said:

Got out for 9 holes with my T150's today. Gave me a good chance to get a feel for them although still not hitting them as pure as I would like, which is not surprising given it's the first time out.

Forgot about new groove spin and how severe it is. Spun quite a few off the green where I wasn't expect it but that should calm down a little as the clubs get worn in. 

Most noticeable thing is the forgiveness compared to the T150. Obvious given I wasn't used to them, was hitting it a little towards the toe which caused a bigger draw for me than usual. The lost distance on these mishits was marginal, where the T150's were a little more punishing. Turf interaction was also a lot better. I previously only got to hit them on range mats during the fitting but the time on grass gave me a better idea of how well they hit.

T200 utility was incredible. First hit on the course was a par 4 and I hit it as well as I have ever hit a 4 iron.

I am confused. T150 compared to the T150?