PXG's new Gen6 lineup – 0311 driver, 0311 fairway, 0311 hybrid, and 0311P irons

GEN6 is out.............

THE ALL-NEW GEN6 | Schedule A Fitting Today (pxg.com)

Edited by BirdieBob
  • Like 1

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 8*, Vanquish 4TX // Tour 9*, Diamana WB 53X // 0311 9*, Ventus Blue+ 5X

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

24 minutes ago, TheMoneyShot said:

No 3 irons in the Gen6 iron sets?  

Being replaced by new Driving Irons....coming soon!!

PS the last 3 irons were in the Gen3...none in the Gen4 or Gen5

• Thanks 1

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 8*, Vanquish 4TX // Tour 9*, Diamana WB 53X // 0311 9*, Ventus Blue+ 5X

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

19 minutes ago, bmyles said:

That video states Gen 6 is going to be available in 2 models, XP and P, implying that there will not be a T model.  Is that true?

The T model will be released under the 0317 moniker later this year, it's no longer in the 0311 line. Talked about in the Gen6 thread.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1927450-pxg-gen6-when/

• Like 1

I like the looks of the Gen 6 irons a bit better then the Gen 5's. The price is high but not like it has been in the past. Same XCOR 2 so really there won't be a significant difference at all in performance no matter what Bob say's. Oh I did see where a reviewer said its 1 whole mph ball speed faster plus 3-5 yards longer....REALLY. Has there ever been a new product ever to come out where the ball speed was slower and you got less distance. Curious if the price will stay the same when the Gen 7's come out in 8-9 months from now. If there is a price drop just think it should be much lower than what the Gen 5's are now since they started out being priced so high like all the other Gen models.  

Edited by Tiptx1122

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

15 minutes ago, Tiptx1122 said:

I like the looks of the Gen 6 irons a bit better then the Gen 5's. The price is high but not like it has been in the past. Same XCOR 2 so really there won't be a significant difference at all in performance no matter what Bob say's. 

Go hit them, there's an improvement. PXG always improves Gen to Gen, whether or not its significant is up to every person's definition of significant. 

• Like 2

PRICING, wow is much lower at launch than all previous models. 

list price at launch was

Gen $349

Gen 4 $375

Gen 5 $349

Gen 6 ONLY $219.

I know that PXG changes prices and has big salex with  

Gen 3 $99

Gen 4 $139

Gen 5 $159

In many ways I have enjoyed getting a deal by buying off season older models on sale but are they going to change their way of doing business and come in at a closer to market price and hold it at the $219?

On 3/21/2023 at 6:25 PM, OspreyCI said:

Woods better come with it this year. They can’t keep staying behind the big boys in the driver and fairways department. I can’t wait to try it out in a fitting. 

Agree 1000%. Their irons and wedges are fantastic but woods are slow and spinny. I did the full bag fitting and just couldn't stick with the driver and 3w even though they are very consistent. 

• Like 1

3.9 HCP and falling (hopefully)

PIng G430 10.5 Ventus Black TR 6S

Ping G430 3w Ventus Blue TR 7S

Ping G430 7w Ventus Blue TR 7S

Titleist 510 utility 4 iron HZRDUS Smoke 6.0

Titleist T150 5-PW, PX LZ 6.0

Vokey 48F, 54D, 58T
Scotty Cameron Phantom '24 7

Ball ProV1x

Reviews coming in for the gen6 mirror my fitting experience. 

Better consistency on misses with tighter dispersion and a nit

more speed. With hollow irons the holy grail is consistency; every review and my own fitting confirmed this. 

Some good reviews from NBCgolf and plugged in golf hit the net this morning.

Now if someone could get FedEx to be more consistent? This is the second time I’ve had a delivery hit the NJ distribution center and then be suddenly marked as “delivery date unknown”. I was told by FedEx “this happens when a package isn’t scanned as it’s put on the next truck”. 

NJ… go figure. You had one job. I need to sign for these things and literally the last stop before going to the delivery truck you stop scanning them. Come on!

Edited by Mahamilto

Ping G430 10k - 9* - Ventus TR Black 6x

Callaway Apex UW - 19* - Ventus Black 7x

PXG 0311P Gen6 - 5i-GW - DG x100

Vokey SM9 - 52.12F, 56.14F - DG x100ss

Vokey SM9 - 60.08M - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Callaway PM Grind 64 - KBS C-Taper 130x

L.A.B Link.1
Callaway Chrome Soft X LS
Best Grips Perforated Leather
Vessel Player III - Citrine/White/Black (Riding)
Vessel VLS DXR - Grey/Orange (Walking/half-bag)

L.A.B Link.1

On 3/21/2023 at 7:51 PM, Mahamilto said:

My Ps arrive tomorrow. Fitting info was in the pre-release thread. 

long story short…

compared to my gen2P (x100amts soft stepped once)

12yards longer 

>30% better down range dispersion 

6k spin with 48-50* decent angle (7i) going 120’ apex. 

Miles more forgiving (especially on the toe). 
Unreal protection of launch conditions on that miss. 

Had 3 fittings in a 2w period with Mizzy 223 pro and Mizzy 225 pro being the best at the other 2 fittings. Those clubs beat my currents by a bit (mainly just being more consistent than my currents with better spin/launch but only the 225 was longer than my currents). 223 great club. Felt as good or better; launch and spin way too much and less forgiving toe side. 

No comparison at all from this to the 225; pxg way better (The other fitting I contemplated buying at completion). Faster, longer, more accurate, tighter front to back and right to left. Felt and sounded better. Could nail my swing weights (this can’t be understated if you are longer or shorter than standard) with no issue (mizzy we had to either change the shaft to something lighter or accept a club a bit heavier than I wanted tbh). Loved the 225 till I hit this. 

Hands down winners. Also dominated the gen5s, particularly in terms of how consistent the launch/spin/ball speed was on the toe miss. 

Real winners. FedEx says tomorrow. Can’t wait. 

That's interesting... 12 yards longer across the board in all irons?  I'm most surprised you found them longer than 225s.  The Mizzys have been on my radar lately but if the PXGs keep up, that's eye opening.

really good video of two scratch golfers getting fit into the gen6 gear

• Like 2

Titleist Ts2 10.5* GD DI 6x
Titliest 915 5w 18* GD DI 7x
Callaway Apex 23*h Oban Devotion 
Callaway Apex 26*h GD DI 85x
Srixon 785 6-PW Nippon 105 Modus
Titleist SM7 50*, 54*, 58* Nippon 115 Modus 
Odyssey #7 Plumber Neck 
2018 Taylormade tp5

https://www.instagram.com/benzoducky/ 

7 hours ago, CasualLie said:

12yards longer 

>30% better down range dispersion 

6k spin with 48-50* decent angle (7i) going 120’ apex. 

Miles more forgiving (especially on the toe). 
Unreal protection of launch conditions on that miss. 

7 hours ago, CasualLie said:

That's interesting... 12 yards longer across the board in all irons?  I'm most surprised you found them longer than 225s.  The Mizzys have been on my radar lately but if the PXGs keep up, that's eye opening.

As someone who has played every Gen of the PXG's I can easily see this. 

IMO the biggest improvements in PXG irons were from Gen 2 to Gen 3. Since G3 each generation has been marginally better than the other.

But going from G2 to G6, DRASTIC improvement !!!!!!!

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
PUTTER -   LAB MEZZ MAX Blue head w/white Accra

LAB MEZZ MAX Red head w/black Accra
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL ON ALL

4 hours ago, Benzo said:

really good video of two scratch golfers getting fit into the gen6 gear

I WISH !!!

8 hours ago, CasualLie said:

12y longer than gen2p yes. 

Launched a tad higher, spin was optimal 6k-6200 vs 66-6800, and about 3-4mph of ballspeed. 

We couldn’t get anywhere near that ballspeed from the 225. The 225 was a carbon copy of my gen2 except less spin. So I saw only small gains. I actually didn’t see much ballspeed difference from the 223 to the 225; but the 223 spun was too much (7k average). We contemplated strengthening the 223, but why not go with the perfect fit. The gen6 was ideal. And they are “out for delivery”. 

I had the mp20hmbs too. Gen2 was better. The 225s were very underwhelming for me. I would have kept my gen2 due to feel alone. If I find go gen6 it would have been 223s 1-2* strong… and hoping the bounce change didn’t cause issues. 

Edited by Mahamilto
  • Like 1

L.A.B Link.1

37 minutes ago, SEP1006 said:

As someone who has played every Gen of the PXG's I can easily see this. 

IMO the biggest improvements in PXG irons were from Gen 2 to Gen 3. Since G3 each generation has been marginally better than the other.

But going from G2 to G6, DRASTIC improvement !!!!!!!

Had gen3P/t combo and gen4T. Then gen3 I hated the shaft and never gave a fair shake. Loved the feel tho, but with the wrong shaft in the 3’smy gen2s easily beat then. 

L.A.B Link.1

Really like the look of the 0311 driver and the 0311P irons.  Hybrids are a little busy for my taste, and the fairways fall somewhere in between.  But all in all a really nice looking release here.

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Tensei White 65S
Taylormade Qi10 15*, Hzrdus Gen 4 Black 70 6.0

Taylormade Sim Ti 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Qi 4i, Dart 90 S +1/2"

Taylormade P790 5i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Odyssey TriHot 5k Seven CH, 35"

7 hours ago, Mahamilto said:

And for those who say they are ugly… in hand and in the bag they are sexy as hell. Craftsmanship. 

I am a diehard PXG guy and have been since day 1. But, I was one of the ones that said the G6 irons looked cheap when I saw the pics.

They are SOOOOOOO Much better looking in person !!!!!!!

• Like 4

What have those of you that have hit he irons put them up against and how did they stack up? 

WITB:

Ai Smoke Max 9* Tensei 1k Blue

Ai Smoke Max 5w Ventus Blue +

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping Blueprints S 5-P Modus 105S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Tour X

I had almost identical results as mentioned above.  Overall I felt G6 (and my current G5), the head seems much more stable through the shots.  I didn’t feel the club head was twisting at all.    I would seriously challenge anyone, compare hitting a PXG iron out of the rough and compare the shot to any other club manufacturer.   All the other clubs (as mentioned above), I 110% agree, some may look cleaner (to each his own) and yeah, if you pure them they all feel good, but with PXG it was consistent good ball strikes for me.  Dispersion was tight, I wasn’t losing much distance on off center hits.  The 7 iron I was testing, I was flying consistently 165/170 yards.  Every other club I tested I fell into that 145-150 range.  I felt the club was working with me, not against me.  Pure strikes forget it, insane distance and beautiful feel.   I remember playing MIzuno for many many years, playing holes 15-18 at my club and just felt as if my clubs were struggling.   Talk to me middle of July during a match and you’re 2 down trying to make a comeback.   G6 feel hands down better than Mizuno, Cobra, etc.  I think if there was any other club I was considering it was the new Cobra Kings but other than that, forget it. PXG won hands down for me.  Unquestionably the best made iron out there and for anyone to dispute this, we then agree to disagree.   Looking for my new sticks to arrive I believe later this week.  Very happy.

Edited by mtnbiker5
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, mtnbiker5 said:

I had almost identical results as mentioned above.  Overall I felt G6 (and my current G5), the head seems much more stable through the shots.  I didn’t feel the club head was twisting at all.    I would seriously challenge anyone, compare hitting a PXG iron out of the rough and compare the shot to any other club manufacturer.   All the other clubs (as mentioned above), I 110% agree, some may look cleaner (to each his own) and yeah, if you pure them they all feel good, but with PXG it was consistent good ball strikes for me.  Dispersion was tight, I wasn’t losing much distance on off center hits.  The 7 iron I was testing, I was flying consistently 165/170 yards.  Every other club I tested I fell into that 145-150 range.  I felt the club was working with me, not against me.  Pure strikes forget it, insane distance and beautiful feel.   I remember playing MIzuno for many many years, playing holes 15-18 at my club and just felt as if my clubs were struggling.   Talk to me middle of July during a match and you’re 2 down trying to make a comeback.   G6 feel hands down better than Mizuno, Cobra, etc.  I think if there was any other club I was considering it was the new Cobra Kings but other than that, forget it. PXG won hands down for me.  Unquestionably the best made iron out there and for anyone to dispute this, we then agree to disagree.   Looking for my new sticks to arrive I believe later this week.  Very happy.

What improvements did you see over gen5?

WITB:

Ai Smoke Max 9* Tensei 1k Blue

Ai Smoke Max 5w Ventus Blue +

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping Blueprints S 5-P Modus 105S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Tour X