2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Paradym Triple Diamond.......Whoa momma

phizzy30

On 7/18/2023 at 6:55 PM, TJ83 said:

Quick question for you all, what's the stock head weight on these? 14g and 2 g weights, head  total weight at roughly 196 grams as usual? Thanks in advance for any help!

Not sure of total head weight but can confirm stock weights are 2g & 14g 

• Thanks 1

Taylormade Qi10 V2 9.0* w/ Ventus TR Blk 6X
Taylormade Qi10 13.5* (Tour Version) w/ Ventus TR Black 7X

Taylormade Stealth + 18* w/ GD Tour AD VF 8TX OR Titleist T200U 23' 17* w/ Ventus Black HB 9TX
Titleist T150 23' 4 iron w/ DG TI X100

Titleist T150 23' 5 iron w/ DG TI X100

Titleist T100 23' 6-PW w/ DG TI X100
Titleist SM10  50* F Grind  w/ DG TI X100

Titleist SM10 54* S Grind w/ DG TI X100

Titleist SM10 58* T Grind w/ DG TI S400
Odyssey Ai One Mini Jailbird Double Slant 

On 7/18/2023 at 4:55 PM, TJ83 said:

Quick question for you all, what's the stock head weight on these? 14g and 2 g weights, head  total weight at roughly 196 grams as usual? Thanks in advance for any help!

Depends.  I've seen them at 192 to 196 grams. 

• Thanks 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM Qi10 Tour 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

2 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

Depends.  I've seen them at 192 to 196 grams. 

Cool, I need to invest in a digital scale already haha. I ordered a 12g weight. I like D6-D8 ish. I'll test stock and the 14 and 12, all configurations and see how it pans out. Excited about this driver, kinda bummed the aerojet ls didn't workout for me, since the ltdx ls was great. I still have the ltdx ls in case the TD doesn't workout. What intrigues me out the PTD is the neutral cg, hoping for less curve. Also im a big sound and feel guy and everyone keeps saying this sounds and feels amazing so I had to buy one. 

Just now, TJ83 said:

Cool, I need to invest in a digital scale already haha. I ordered a 12g weight. I like D6-D8 ish. I'll test stock and the 14 and 12, all configurations and see how it pans out. Excited about this driver, kinda bummed the aerojet ls didn't workout for me, since the ltdx ls was great. I still have the ltdx ls in case the TD doesn't workout. What intrigues me out the PTD is the neutral cg, hoping for less curve. Also im a big sound and feel guy and everyone keeps saying this sounds and feels amazing so I had to buy one. 

Yeah, mine's hot melted to 201 grams with the stock adjustable weight setup.  Came out to D5 with the TR Black 7x.  Paradym TD feels amazing and the sound is very muted. 

• Like 1

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

1 hour ago, phizzy30 said:

Yeah, mine's hot melted to 201 grams with the stock adjustable weight setup.  Came out to D5 with the TR Black 7x.  Paradym TD feels amazing and the sound is very muted. 

Not to veer of topic, but how is that TR black compared to og black? Been using og black 6x for like 4 years now lol. I see hairline cracking in finish in tip and might just get a new one or get the tr black. 

Just now, TJ83 said:

Not to veer of topic, but how is that TR black compared to og black? Been using og black 6x for like 4 years now lol. I see hairline cracking in finish in tip and might just get a new one or get the tr black. 

I had the OG Black and the TR Black is giving me similar numbers but it feels smoother.  Slightly less kick as well. 

17 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

I had the OG Black and the TR Black is giving me similar numbers but it feels smoother.  Slightly less kick as well. 

How much did you tip both the reg ventus black versus the tr black? I thought TR felt smoother too when testing them. 

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

Just now, HappyGilmore22 said:

How much did you tip both the reg ventus black versus the tr black? I thought TR felt smoother too when testing them. 

Half inch.

• Thanks 1

On 7/23/2023 at 12:45 PM, mikehill06 said:

Not sure of total head weight but can confirm stock weights are 2g & 14g 

All depends how you order it I guess. The first one I ordered with the Ventus TR blue came with 2 & 14 weights with a head weight of 194. The second one I ordered with the Kai li 70X came with 2 & 10 weights with a head weight of 190 and D2 swing weight.

• Thanks 1

Ai Smoke TD Max 10.5* Ventus TR Blue
Ping G430 LST 3w Ventus Red 8X

Ping G430 Max 7w Ventus Red 8X

PXG 0317T 4-P, SteelFiber PR

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

L.A.B. DF2.1 Stability Tour

Well 2nd TD face has caved in pretty much the exact same spot. Bottom line on the toe side.

IMG_2434.jpg.2859fd933e9918c8223b0f9d5c158052.jpg

• Sad 3

Callaway Smoke Ai ◊◊◊ 9º - HZRDUS Hulk 80 TX

Callaway Paradym ◊◊◊ 15º- HZRDUS Hulk 90 TX
Taylormade SIM UDI 20º - HZRDUS Black 105TX

Callaway Apex TCB 4-PW - LA Golf L-Series 5
Callaway MD5 52º - LA Golf L-Series 5
Titleist SM9 56º & 60º - LA Golf L-Series 5
Miura KM-006 - MMT Putter Concept 135

Just got back from a week-long golf trip and the Paradym Triple D was spectacular. I found it definitely more forgiving than the Rogue ST LS, a driver I have been playing and really like. The Triple D was better, very strong on distance due to a little lower spin. I hit a lot of tremendous drives with it but even my misses were very playable. I really love it. Easy to hit, trims the spin and control is excellent.

The sound is about perfect. Pulled the stock shaft and replaced it with my trusty Diamana TB 60S and it was an instant hit. Very fun driver to play and it has plenty of pop. I brought both drivers with me as I had ordered the Triple Diamond and it arrived just before I left. Was not sure I would play it right away. So to test it I took the wrapper off and hit only five drives at the range before we were set to tee off. Those went so good I put it right in the bag and never looked back. It was a strength all week. Perfect fit for me. 

• Like 2

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

6 hours ago, Callaway Man said:

Well 2nd TD face has caved in pretty much the exact same spot. Bottom line on the toe side.

IMG_2434.jpg.2859fd933e9918c8223b0f9d5c158052.jpg

What's your ball speed?

10 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

What's your ball speed?

Playing is right around 190, pissed off closer to 200 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Callaway Man said:

Playing is right around 190, pissed off closer to 200 

Yep, that'll do it.  There's another member here that's around your ball speed that's gone through 2 or 3 Paradym TD heads.  A nuisance always having to get replacement heads from Cally, but a good problem to have as well being that fast. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tree Levino said:

Are these retail or tour heads? Worth trying to get a tour contact if not as the faces are a tad thicker 

Retail. I have tried getting a contact but still nothing. I need to rub shoulders with the right circles. Thankfully they have the TD in stock this time so I will get the replacement before Mid Am qual next month. 

• Like 1

Just now, Callaway Man said:

Retail. I have tried getting a contact but still nothing. I need to rub shoulders with the right circles. Thankfully they have the TD in stock this time so I will get the replacement before Mid Am qual next month. 

My buddy is playing in one of the qualifers for the Mid Am as well.  Well, good luck. 

After all kinds of problems with my stealth 2 driver I bought it. Such an explosive club. It’s at golf galaxy right now doing a shaft swap putting my Ventus tr blue shaft on it.

IMG_1984.jpeg.f85d4c27ca9a8087a6c600391cd3da55.jpeg

• Like 3

Driver: Titleist TSR3 - Fujikura Ventus TR Velocore Red 6-X 

3 wood: Titleist TSR2 - Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 7-X

3-GW: Titleist T-100 Nippon N.S.Pro Nodus Tour 105 S

SW, LW: Callaway Jaws RAW 54* and 58*

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 6.5

Ball: MaxFli Tour-x; Titleist ProV1; Callaway Chrome soft X

On 7/7/2023 at 8:48 AM, SwooshLT said:

Color me intrigued about TD ....... currently driving well with TSR2 /HZRDUS BLUE RDX SMOKE combo but a steady one trick pony.

Tried both X and std but 2-way misses

I'll report back later !!

On 7/24/2023 at 10:33 PM, dmeeksDC said:

Just got back from a week-long golf trip and the Paradym Triple D was spectacular. I found it definitely more forgiving than the Rogue ST LS, a driver I have been playing and really like. The Triple D was better, very strong on distance due to a little lower spin. I hit a lot of tremendous drives with it but even my misses were very playable. I really love it. Easy to hit, trims the spin and control is excellent.

The sound is about perfect. Pulled the stock shaft and replaced it with my trusty Diamana TB 60S and it was an instant hit. Very fun driver to play and it has plenty of pop. I brought both drivers with me as I had ordered the Triple Diamond and it arrived just before I left. Was not sure I would play it right away. So to test it I took the wrapper off and hit only five drives at the range before we were set to tee off. Those went so good I put it right in the bag and never looked back. It was a strength all week. Perfect fit for me. 

Didn't take on my trip as planned but as soon as I returned,  I played the PTD ....but this was with a COMPLETELY different shaft than I initially intended.....

I'm the old, slow guy that shouldn't use the PTD but like my guy @dmeeksDC I'm drawn to the smaller profile.  

The shaft is a LAGP ( LA GOLF) REIGN SILVER.  I believe this is a reincarnation of the matrix white tie 6X3 but I'm not certain.  

The high launch , mid spin profile planted into a low launch but forgiving head especially with 14g wgt in the rear is something of a unicorn.  Now this was only one round but the address position,  audible joy and feel are dreamy!!! I really did add about 10-15yds over my gamer with no loss of consistency, confidence or dispersion.  This is gonna be fun....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SwooshLT said:

Didn't take on my trip as planned but as soon as I returned,  I played the PTD ....but this was with a COMPLETELY different shaft than I initially intended.....

I'm the old, slow guy that shouldn't use the PTD but like my guy @dmeeksDC I'm drawn to the smaller profile.  

The shaft is a LAGP ( LA GOLF) REIGN SILVER.  I believe this is a reincarnation of the matrix white tie 6X3 but I'm not certain.  

The high launch , mid spin profile planted into a low launch but forgiving head especially with 14g wgt in the rear is something of a unicorn.  Now this was only one round but the address position,  audible joy and feel are dreamy!!! I really did add about 10-15yds over my gamer with no loss of consistency, confidence or dispersion.  This is gonna be fun....

I sold my Rogue LS — and that’s an excellent driver. Have no concerns about the Triple D. Saw enough in many rounds played in a short time. It does not demand a perfect swing every time to produce playable results. That’s what I needed to see. It’s very good on mishits. It does reward solid swings big time. And I find it easy to aim. Looks great, not a huge head. Sound is a winner. Very happy with the switch. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anyone here also have the triple diamond 3 wood? I just ordered one from golf galaxy to pick up. Going to swap the shafts with my 3 woods Ventus blue velocore shaft. 

Going to get the regular paradym 3 hybrid as well.

that’s how impressed with the driver.

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSR3 - Fujikura Ventus TR Velocore Red 6-X 

3 wood: Titleist TSR2 - Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 7-X

3-GW: Titleist T-100 Nippon N.S.Pro Nodus Tour 105 S

SW, LW: Callaway Jaws RAW 54* and 58*

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 6.5

Ball: MaxFli Tour-x; Titleist ProV1; Callaway Chrome soft X

My driver came in, its a 10.5 which I totally overlooked but I think it'll work. My swing has changed over the last year and I've been hitting lower so I think the extra loft will be welcome. My trusty ventus black was worn out in the tip so I had to tip it an inch so it'll be a bit more stout. Swapped weights (14 front, 12 back)  and extended my shaft (no choice haha) got it to 45.5 playing length, D8 swing weight which is my preferred feel. Tinkering will begin tomorrow. 

7 hours ago, gs1184 said:

Anyone here also have the triple diamond 3 wood? I just ordered one from golf galaxy to pick up. Going to swap the shafts with my 3 woods Ventus blue velocore shaft. 

For the same reason, I am thinking about the Triple Diamond 5 wood. I did own the Paradym standard 3 wood and it’s great but sold it as it is almost a mini driver in distance. I think for my gapping and the type of shots I see most often, the Triple D 5 wood could be perfect. I play a Rogue Max 7 wood with a Ventus Velocore 7S and that club is fantastic. 

8 hours ago, gs1184 said:

59 minutes ago, dmeeksDC said:

For the same reason, I am thinking about the Triple Diamond 5 wood. I did own the Paradym standard 3 wood and it’s great but sold it as it is almost a mini driver in distance. I think for my gapping and the type of shots I see most often, the Triple D 5 wood could be perfect. I play a Rogue Max 7 wood with a Ventus Velocore 7S and that club is fantastic. 

I think @getitdaily is right about the TD fairways. They’re just not very forgiving. I sold my 5 wood and I’m not someone who gravitates towards “forgiving” clubs.

My biggest issue is the sound and feel are nothing like the driver. Where the driver has a nice muted sound and feel, the fairways are like a tin can. It’s fine if you hit it perfect, awful if you catch it low or anywhere near the heel. 

I bet hot melt would help quite a bit. 

• Like 2

TSR2 8.0 Ventus TR Black 6-X

TSR2+ 13.0 Ventus Blue 8-TX

P-UDI 2-3 Recoil Dart 105-X

T100 4-5/ 716 CB 6-P MMT 125-TX

SM10 54D, 60M Modus 125-X
PLD Anser 30

4 minutes ago, Sean124 said:

I think @getitdaily is right about the TD fairways. They’re just not very forgiving. I sold my 5 wood and I’m not someone who gravitates towards “forgiving” clubs.

My biggest issue is the sound and feel are nothing like the driver. Where the driver has a nice muted sound and feel, the fairways are like a tin can. It’s fine if you hit it perfect, awful if you catch it low or anywhere near the heel. 

I bet hot melt would help quite a bit. 

Thanks for this. I did note the standard Paradym 3 wood has more of a ping sound compared to the driver. It does perform very well. Hot melt would tone it down. My other 5 wood contenders are the Rogue ST MAX (sounds great), the PXG Gen 6 (standard head) or the Titleist TSi2 or TSR2. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gs1184 said:

I have the 3w it is very good

now I want the driver 

Callaway Smoke TD Max 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym TD 3W- evenflow white 75x 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Callaway apex CB - 4-Pw - 6.0 PX LZ 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
LAB DF3