2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Low cap guys - mini driver

getitdaily

That’s exactly what I use mine for. Most of the events I play in try to keep the course around 6500 yards. I didn’t really like my BRNR as a 3 wood replacement but I love my 11.5 set LOWER to 9.5 whenever we get on narrow courses. 

If we play anywhere more open I just leave it at home and bring my TSi3 driver. The Mini probably carry’s 8-10 yards short of my driver but the rollout is nuts when it’s firm. 

• Like 1

10.5* G430 Max Diamana BF 60

15* G430 Max Tour Shaft

21* Apex UW Diamana Ilima 80
22* (bent 23*) X Forged UT KBS Proto

Apex MB 5-PW $-Taper (1° weak)

Vokey SM9 Raw 50F (51°), 56F, 60M (59°)

LAB Link

Jones Rover Stand Jet Black

25 minutes ago, mackepa said:

That’s exactly what I use mine for. Most of the events I play in try to keep the course around 6500 yards. I didn’t really like my BRNR as a 3 wood replacement but I love my 11.5 set LOWER to 9.5 whenever we get on narrow courses. 

If we play anywhere more open I just leave it at home and bring my TSi3 driver. The Mini probably carry’s 8-10 yards short of my driver but the rollout is nuts when it’s firm. 

Thanks. That's exactly what I was thinking. I don't play often at 6500 and even then,not often that I need to take driver out. But I have a couple of events over the fall that it seems would be perfect...

13.5 lofted to 12.75, grass tee, low running fade.

Haven't run into a course where I'd take driver completely out of the bag. I could see it as a 3 wood replacement maybe. 

Titleist TSi3 10° TPO 1K 60-TX
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15° Devotion HB 75-X
Wilson Staff Utility 3/21° HZRDUS 4G 6.5
Wilson Staff Blades 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

2 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

Very rarely would it replace driver. But that would just about be the only need for it..a 2-3 times a year club...

Had one, just didn't see the point in the end. It was hot and fun to hit off the deck but in actual situations where you're in light rough or hitting to an elevated green on a second shot it didn't inspire confidence. See: Tommy Fleetwood trying to hit it uphill into 18 at Canadian Open. It's pretty easy to hit a running stinger cut driver. 3w is waaay more versatile and the new ones are so long it's just unnecessary. I had Driver, Mini, 5w lofted down, 4h, 5-PW, 51, 55, 59 and still went back to Driver, 3w, 3h, 4-P, 51, 55, 59.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

Very rarely would it replace driver. But that would just about be the only need for it..a 2-3 times a year club...

I'd prefer the versatility of a 3 wood I think while still having driver for par 5s etc. Unless there is absolutely no room at all on this course in which case I'm likely backing off even further. 

Edited by TLUBulldogGolf
  • Like 2

Titleist TSi3 10° TPO 1K 60-TX
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15° Devotion HB 75-X
Wilson Staff Utility 3/21° HZRDUS 4G 6.5
Wilson Staff Blades 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

My 13.5 mini is for straight and draw holes and used as a 3 wood replacement.

I have thought about getting an 11.5 and lofting it all the way down to 9.5 and using it as a driver replacement, but it just isn't something I need right now as my driver is fine

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4-iron Srixon ZX4 - Ventus Axiom 105 X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Recoil 110 F5
  • GW - Ping Glide 4.0s 50* - Recoil 110 F5 | Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - LAB DF3 - Accra White | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

2 hours ago, getitdaily said:

Yeah, I could drop loft on 3w to 13.5 for a short course and add an 18* driving iron. That's the other option I'm looking at 

If you can stomach hybrids the best option I've found is Driver, Lofted down 3+, 5w, 4H, 5-PW. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tree Levino said:

If you can stomach hybrids the best option I've found is Driver, Lofted down 3+, 5w, 4H, 5-PW. 

Thus very unique setup that would be used about 3 or 4 times a year, would be intended to pull driver since it just wouldn't be needed. 

3w at 13.5

18* driving iron (for low running controlled tee shots) 

20 degree hybrid for 225 carry

Or

Mini at 12.75

3w at 15

20 degree hybrid

Edited by getitdaily

I prefer a smaller headed driver compared to a 460cc driver.  They seem to suit my eye much better, give be the ability to work the ball a little better, force me to hone my swing so that I make better contact (due to a smaller sweet spot).  The larger drivers have all but eliminated my ability to hit a controlled fade with consistency.  A draw is my normal shot pattern.  Also, larger drivers tend to go straighter than my TM 300 Mini (11.5° ).  I changed the loft on it by two settings lower so essentially I have a 10.2° driver.  I was gaming a 10° 440cc driver so the change is negligible.  One change I made from the standard shaft length that came with my 300 Mini was to change shafts to my standard driver length shaft.  So in a sense my 300 Mini is actually a driver replacement in a smaller package.  The design of the 300 Mini produces a slightly lower and more boring flight trajectory and is every bit as long as my former driver, or any I have gamed in many years.

The mini drivers with standard shafts are more like 2 woods and not meant to replace the driver.  Lower the loft and add a slightly longer shaft and if a golfer can handle a slightly heavier driver, in terms of swing weight, then a mini driver is indeed a driver replacement.  I am hitting the ball as long or longer and finding more fairways than with a standard driver.  Impact is more solid due to a tighter swing which probably results in the distance.  For those on the fence change your focus on the mini driver and convert it to a full blooded driver.  Best of luck and cheers!

• Like 2

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

Stealth 2 Plus Rocket FW @12.8*...all I need off the tee on short 4s

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 8*, Vanquish 4TX // Tour 9*, Diamana WB 53X // 0311 9*, Ventus Blue+ 5X

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, KBS Tour Proto HY 95/105 S+

PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

I’ve just replaced my driver with the brnr 11.5. 120+ driver swing speed, so I’m not looking for distance. With that acceptance I’m just hitting the center of the face most of the time and that’s equating to a negligible difference in distance from where my driver was. I’m also hitting probably 50% more fwys a round and golf is fun again. I don’t see going back to a 45” driver for any reason in the future.

• Like 3

Too many people focus on distance instead of being in the fairway.   Even 10-15 yards shorter in the fairway means a much easier, and controlled shot into the green or layup compared to being in the first cut or plain old rough.  I suppose it matters more how far the average amateur hits a drive than how accurate a drive is because I rarely read on GolfWRX how many fairways a member hits or if they’re wanting to improve from 50% to 75% of their drives ending up in the fairways.  I generally read the average GolfWRX amateur and their quest to carry a ball 300 yards.  

When I was in my 20s I was a long hitter and was often paired with the same senior golfer at a muni in Wilmington, DE.  He would hit it 210-220 yards down the middle of the fairway and I would smoke a drive 80-90 yards past his.  As my ball was in the air he would often say, “Long and wrong.”  Those words stuck with me and still resonate today.  Except I’m now hitting 70%-75% of the fairways and the young bucks are now “Long and wrong.”. 😁

Edited by RobotDoctor

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

9 hours ago, RobotDoctor said:

Too many people focus on distance instead of being in the fairway.   Even 10-15 yards shorter in the fairway means a much easier, and controlled shot into the green or layup compared to being in the first cut or plain old rough.  I suppose it matters more how far the average amateur hits a drive than how accurate a drive is because I rarely read on GolfWRX how many fairways a member hits or if they’re wanting to improve from 50% to 75% of their drives ending up in the fairways.  I generally read the average GolfWRX amateur and their quest to carry a ball 300 yards.  

When I was in my 20s I was a long hitter and was often paired with the same senior golfer at a muni in Wilmington, DE.  He would hit it 210-220 yards down the middle of the fairway and I would smoke a drive 80-90 yards past his.  As my ball was in the air he would often say, “Long and wrong.”  Those words stuck with me and still resonate today.  Except I’m now hitting 70%-75% of the fairways and the young bucks are now “Long and wrong.”. 😁

https://www.golfmonthly.com/features/why-hitting-a-3-wood-off-the-tee-isnt-worth-it#

the average gain in fairways hit for golfers opting to put their trust in a 3-wood is 0.9%. For context, say there are 14 chances per round (assuming most courses have four par-3s), that equates to finding one extra fairway every eight rounds. For that, you're giving up 12 yards per shot.”

If you were nearly guaranteed to hit the fairway by clubbing down then sure, but I read a quote from a pro who was making uncommitted “safety swings” and added a good amount of distance by going more full tilt. He said “I’d rather be long and in the crap than short and in the crap”. I feel like a lot of ams need to swing harder and take driver. Also that 12 yards matters big time for GIR % and proximity to hole. 

B3B4A285-5A14-4A12-A0B2-2B0BBA128D75.jpeg.b60f0a589c38ca6599eb6eccee45c93c.jpeg

https://shotscope.com/blog/stats/approach-shots-average-proximity/

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jadedennill said:

I’ve just replaced my driver with the brnr 11.5. 120+ driver swing speed, so I’m not looking for distance. With that acceptance I’m just hitting the center of the face most of the time and that’s equating to a negligible difference in distance from where my driver was. I’m also hitting probably 50% more fwys a round and golf is fun again. I don’t see going back to a 45” driver for any reason in the future.

50% more fairways ? Sounds like your prior driver fit was really bad or weird swing issue. That is a huge change 

11 hours ago, RobotDoctor said:

The opposite is true actually, far too many people place too much emphasis on hitting the fairway and not enough on hit it as far as reasonably possible while keeping the ball in play. Data is very clear on this. 

mini drivers are mainly useless clubs imo and hence why they see almost no play on tour. Modern 3 woods go plenty far enough for times a player wants less than driver and are far more versatile . Would never take out my driver or 3 wood for a mini driver 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just put together a Tour Edge C723 13 degree 3 wood with a Diamana Thump F75 stiff shaft and it is has been plenty long and incredibly accurate off the tee.  If I absolutely have to hit a fairway it will be put into action.

Right now it is filling the gap between my 8 degree driver and my 16.5 degree 4 wood.  It is my 15th club at the moment.

I could definitely see leaving the driver in the car when playing a set of tees forward or in some of the tournaments where I would be playing from tees forward of where I normally play. 

Cobra LTDx LS 9 deg. @ -1 with Diamana ZF 60S

Tour Edge C723 13 deg. with Diamana Thump f75 S

Cobra LTDx 15 deg @ +1.5 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 70 S

Tour Edge E723 21 deg. with Diamana Thump f85 S

Cobra LTDx 24 deg 5 hybrid with Fujikura Fuel 85 S

Corey Paul Cavity Back 5-6 with KBS $-Taper 120 S

Corey Paul Muscle Back 7-PW with KBS $-Taper 120 S

Corey Paul 50, 54 with KBS Tour V Wedge 125g S

Corey Paul 58 with BGT ZNE 130g Stiff

Odyssey O-Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour

1 hour ago, doctor220 said:

The opposite is true actually, far too many people place too much emphasis on hitting the fairway and not enough on hit it as far as reasonably possible while keeping the ball in play. Data is very clear on this. 

mini drivers are mainly useless clubs imo and hence why they see almost no play on tour. Modern 3 woods go plenty far enough for times a player wants less than driver and are far more versatile . Would never take out my driver or 3 wood for a mini driver 

What data?  If it is marketing data it is skewed to selling the current models.  I agree most golfers need additional distance.  However, most golfers go about attaining distance the wrong way.  Swinging harder isn't the answer and that is the tendency most amateurs take.  Solid contact is what should be the goal and most golfers flail at the ball thinking swinging out of their shoes is the answer.  Long-ish and wrong is what I see from most golfers I play with.  They try to be Dustin Johnson/Rory McIlroy/Tiger Woods and end up something else. 

I definitely agree with you with regard to the mini driver and the tour.  I don't think the swing of the average golfer can be compared to that of a tour player's swing.  That includes most, or all, members here on GolfWRX.  For those who think they have the same swing most likely isn't even close.  Most golfers here don't hit thousands of balls a week or month.  The reality is most golfers here may not hit balls more than once a week.  Most golfers here have never been coached or had their swings analyzed with high speed cameras.  Most golfers don't take lessons and some of those that do expect instant gratification not realizing the lesson is a building block that will take time and effort to hone in before it makes a difference.  Go back to hitting hundreds and thousands of balls.  Most golfers here play a casual round with little or nothing at stake.  Their game isn't one that can hold up in competition (mine included for several years).  This is not a dig at the general membership but a comment based in reality.  For many of us life, priorities and responsibilities get in the way.

For those who aren't fans of the Mini driver concept what difference does it make?  If one isn't going to try one or haven't tried one what data are they adding here?  Opinion, ego, or both?  For those who have tried it and it isn't their cup of tea then that is some experience other's can take from.  With regard to the 3 wood, I definitely agree with your assessment.  For those who have a great large head driver game and can carry a 3 wood adequate distance that is a huge advantage.  For those who struggle with hitting a driver the Mini might be worth a shot.  As for purchasing one without demo'ing one I am not sure I would do that.  If the opportunity comes to demo a Mini along with their current driver I would suggest that.  That is what I did before I ordered mine.  I had the demo mini for a week and had two or three practice sessions with it before putting it in play.  That was a benefit I had living across the street from the course and knowing the staff who ran it.  I played two rounds with both, hitting both on every tee and for me the accuracy was much better with the Mini while the standard stiff shaft produced distances slightly less than my large headed driver (about 5 yards on average).  With my set up I can hit my 300 Mini farther than my 3 wood, probably 20-30 yards farther.  Then again my set up isn't how the Mini drivers are sold as.  It is morphed as a true driver replacement and my personal data, from a decade of gaming 440/460cc drivers proves this.  With my less than perfect ball strike with the 300 Mini I am as far as a well struck drive with my old driver (tour issue TM M3 440cc 9.5° - actual was 9.9°).  At best with a perfectly well struck ball with my TM M3 I was maybe 5-yards farther compared to the same type of strike with my 300 Mini but those strikes were fewer and father in between.  No idea why but I had less confidence with the TM M3 driver than I do with my 300 Mini, or even my old Titleist 905S driver.  Keep in mind I LOVED my TM M3 driver and it was the best 440cc+ driver I ever hit balls with, by far.  I am one who prefers a smaller headed driver with the modern benefits of design and the Mini drivers suit my preference to a T.  I will gladly trade the occasional 5 yards distance gain for a significantly more accurate driver any day that ends with a "Y".  Cheers!

Edited by RobotDoctor
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Tree Levino said:

https://www.golfmonthly.com/features/why-hitting-a-3-wood-off-the-tee-isnt-worth-it#

the average gain in fairways hit for golfers opting to put their trust in a 3-wood is 0.9%. For context, say there are 14 chances per round (assuming most courses have four par-3s), that equates to finding one extra fairway every eight rounds. For that, you're giving up 12 yards per shot.”

If you were nearly guaranteed to hit the fairway by clubbing down then sure, but I read a quote from a pro who was making uncommitted “safety swings” and added a good amount of distance by going more full tilt. He said “I’d rather be long and in the crap than short and in the crap”. I feel like a lot of ams need to swing harder and take driver. Also that 12 yards matters big time for GIR % and proximity to hole. 

B3B4A285-5A14-4A12-A0B2-2B0BBA128D75.jpeg.b60f0a589c38ca6599eb6eccee45c93c.jpeg

https://shotscope.com/blog/stats/approach-shots-average-proximity/

Agreed.  Keep in mind that professional golfers can hit recovery shots out of rough significantly better than the average amateur.  A definite advantage of a professional caliber swing. 

My personal data found I hit around 6 or 7 fairways with my TM M3 driver over two seasons (approximately 50-60 rounds) at my former home course in Fort Collins, CO.  It is a parkland type of course with narrowish fairways and lots of trees encroaching the fairways.  Missing a fairway by as little as 5 feet could mean being stymied by a mature tree requiring a punch recovery shot.  With my 300 Mini, over the course of the 2021 season (maybe 25 rounds, and an additional 15 rounds in 2022 before I moved) I averaged 11 fairways a round on the same course.  Hitting 4-5 more fairways a round was significant for my game.  Now in Florida, with most courses having wider fairways (but little to no rough) I am hitting fairways but have to be careful where I aim as balls tend to run off into junk.

• Like 2

I've been playing with a mini driver most of this summer instead of 3w. The 3w is primarily a tee shot club for me, used once or twice a round (at most) in situations where I need to stay short of a hazard/obstacle. I wanted to try optimizing the club for that shot. The larger, more forgiving head is fantastic off the tee and goes a much more consistent distance than a 3w (both carry and total). Feels like point and shoot and is exactly what I was looking for.

I don't know if I'll keep it in the bag long term because I do occasionally miss a 3w on approaches into long par 5s, but it has absolutely made 3w tee shots easier.

Edited by jll62

TaylorMade Qi10 8.0, Ventus TR Blue 6X, 45.75"

TaylorMade 300 Mini Blackout 13.5, Ventus Black 7X, 43"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS RDX Blue 6.5, 42.5"

TaylorMade P770 3 (2023), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG Raw 52, DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T, DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
Bridgestone Tour B X (2024)

My WITB Post

1 hour ago, RobotDoctor said:

What data?  If it is marketing data it is skewed to selling the current models.  I agree most golfers need additional distance.  However, most golfers go about attaining distance the wrong way.  Swinging harder isn't the answer and that is the tendency most amateurs take.  Solid contact is what should be the goal and most golfers flail at the ball thinking swinging out of their shoes is the answer.  Long-ish and wrong is what I see from most golfers I play with.  They try to be Dustin Johnson/Rory McIlroy/Tiger Woods and end up something else. 

I definitely agree with you with regard to the mini driver and the tour.  I don't think the swing of the average golfer can be compared to that of a tour player's swing.  That includes most, or all, members here on GolfWRX.  For those who think they have the same swing most likely isn't even close.  Most golfers here don't hit thousands of balls a week or month.  The reality is most golfers here may not hit balls more than once a week.  Most golfers here have never been coached or had their swings analyzed with high speed cameras.  Most golfers don't take lessons and some of those that do expect instant gratification not realizing the lesson is a building block that will take time and effort to hone in before it makes a difference.  Go back to hitting hundreds and thousands of balls.  Most golfers here play a casual round with little or nothing at stake.  Their game isn't one that can hold up in competition (mine included for several years).  This is not a dig at the general membership but a comment based in reality.  For many of us life, priorities and responsibilities get in the way.

For those who aren't fans of the Mini driver concept what difference does it make?  If one isn't going to try one or haven't tried one what data are they adding here?  Opinion, ego, or both?  For those who have tried it and it isn't their cup of tea then that is some experience other's can take from.  With regard to the 3 wood, I definitely agree with your assessment.  For those who have a great large head driver game and can carry a 3 wood adequate distance that is a huge advantage.  For those who struggle with hitting a driver the Mini might be worth a shot.  As for purchasing one without demo'ing one I am not sure I would do that.  If the opportunity comes to demo a Mini along with their current driver I would suggest that.  That is what I did before I ordered mine.  I had the demo mini for a week and had two or three practice sessions with it before putting it in play.  That was a benefit I had living across the street from the course and knowing the staff who ran it.  I played two rounds with both, hitting both on every tee and for me the accuracy was much better with the Mini while the standard stiff shaft produced distances slightly less than my large headed driver (about 5 yards on average).  With my set up I can hit my 300 Mini farther than my 3 wood, probably 20-30 yards farther.  Then again my set up isn't how the Mini drivers are sold as.  It is morphed as a true driver replacement and my personal data, from a decade of gaming 440/460cc drivers proves this.  With my less than perfect ball strike with the 300 Mini I am as far as a well struck drive with my old driver (tour issue TM M3 440cc 9.5° - actual was 9.9°).  At best with a perfectly well struck ball with my TM M3 I was maybe 5-yards farther compared to the same type of strike with my 300 Mini but those strikes were fewer and father in between.  No idea why but I had less confidence with the TM M3 driver than I do with my 300 Mini, or even my old Titleist 905S driver.  Keep in mind I LOVED my TM M3 driver and it was the best 440cc+ driver I ever hit balls with, by far.  I am one who prefers a smaller headed driver with the modern benefits of design and the Mini drivers suit my preference to a T.  I will gladly trade the occasional 5 yards distance gain for a significantly more accurate driver any day that ends with a "Y".  Cheers!

The data posted above isn’t from manufacturers it’s from shotscope data granted it’s talking about using 3w instead of driver but I’d still argue the “clubbing down” idea hinders most golfers rather than helps. Your driver must’ve been ill fit. You shouldn’t be super crooked with any club it’s about how far you want to hit it. Might be holes with run outs etc that a mini driver works well on.  Also for links hitting low running bullets off the deck into par 5s etc. 

still have a pretty big gap between 4 iron and 5 wood, but I love the top end of my bag with this set up. I can hit a high cut 5 wood in the 230 range when needed. 

46” Stealth 2+ 9 with TR Black 5x 

mid height fades 

Brnr mini 13.5 @ 12.75 with Red TR 6x

Mid height draws and surprisingly good off the deck for 250ish carry and a hot runner 

stealth 2+ 18 with TR Red 7x and weight all the way back 

work this one both ways 

6 hours ago, doctor220 said:

50% more fairways ? Sounds like your prior driver fit was really bad or weird swing issue. That is a huge change 

I was mishitting my driver so often and at those speeds, mishits are obviously much more errant. Just hitting the middle of the face has made all the difference. 

• Like 2

Question for the lower cap guys gaming the mini - what  shaft combo have you found works the best? 

Length, weight, brand?

I'm a mid handicapper and I love my 300 mini which has been a game changer for me. I currently have a Ventus red 7S 3 wood shaft, but I was wondering what else you guys find works. I don't have any numbers, but it seems like the red spins a touch much for my swing. I really like the feeling of the ventus shafts though and would lean towards them. The OG shaft was very unstable and it was night and day when I swapped them around. 

Thanks

• Like 1