2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Opinion please!

Emac005

Hey guys,

quick question. I sent a club up to Canada in august that i figured to be delivered long ago. Today it arrived back in the mail on a return. I notified the buyer and told him i would resend it back up to him. 
he asked for a refund because golf season is over now in Canada. I told him i would send him a refund by this weekend.

i then searched the tracking information and it looks like it was attempted to be dropped off at his house in august. They then held it at the usps facility to be picked up by him. That was way back in August.

After so many days, it was finally sent back to me. 
my question is, do i send a refund or do i not send a refund seeing as the product was actually attempted to be dropped off at his house and then he had a grace window to pick it up?

i take this site seriously and do not want to step on anyone’s toes.

thank you for you input. 

Edited by Emac005

While the buyer may have had remorse and pulled a stunt to not pick it up I wouldnt consider it free money. You got the item back without paying anything extra so refund the total....but...

I believe a paypal nowadays does not refund all of the money so I would however put that on the buyer during the refund and let them know theyre not getting the full amount back if they do not want the item any longer.

• Like 4

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

Depending on the carrier used  , they would have left a notice of attempted delivery and multiple attempts could have been made without them accepting or picking up the club. 
My question to your buyer would be “why did you not accept or pickup the club after the attempted delivery?”

Sorry , but it feels like you you got had due to buyers remorse, but you’re not out anything and I’d just refund whatever the amount PayPal allows minus the fees and move on. Relist and be done with this buyer. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

While the buyer may have had remorse and pulled a stunt to not pick it up I wouldnt consider it free money. You got the item back without paying anything extra so refund the total....but...

I believe a paypal nowadays does not refund all of the money so I would however put that on the buyer during the refund and let them know theyre not getting the full amount back if they do not want the item any longer.

Thank you

13 minutes ago, golffeen007 said:

Depending on the carrier used  , they would have left a notice of attempted delivery and multiple attempts could have been made without them accepting or picking up the club. 
My question to your buyer would be “why did you not accept or pickup the club after the attempted delivery?”

Sorry , but it feels like you you got had due to buyers remorse, but you’re not out anything and I’d just refund whatever the amount PayPal allows minus the fees and move on. Relist and be done with this buyer. 

Thank you 

@Emac005 Post the buyers name so we all know who to avoid.

As stated above, refund minus shipping costs and PayPal fees.

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra Darkspeed X 9* Tour 2.0 Black 65X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 14* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 5-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

While I agree you shouldn't have to absorb the shipping fees, PayPal will likely disagree if buyer makes a claim.  Maybe try the refund - shipping/fees, but be prepared for a claim in that instance.  Now that I think about it, not sure if PayPal will allow a "refund" minus shipping, so be very careful how you issue the refund.

• Like 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

Can the buyer make a claim if tracking shows delivery was attempted but buyer never picked it up?  Or will Paypal side with seller in this case?

I'd say at the point USPS attempted delivery and he didn't pick up, ownership changed hands.  You now have his club, and you don't owe a refund.  Since you already said you'd give one, I'm not sure how Paypal would see it.  But if you don't mind having the club back, refund less shipping and fees.  If you don't want the club back, I'd offer to resell, and if you get less this time, deduct that difference from the refund.   

32 minutes ago, jacob7071 said:

Can the buyer make a claim if tracking shows delivery was attempted but buyer never picked it up?  Or will Paypal side with seller in this case?

I'd say at the point USPS attempted delivery and he didn't pick up, ownership changed hands.  You now have his club, and you don't owe a refund.  Since you already said you'd give one, I'm not sure how Paypal would see it.  But if you don't mind having the club back, refund less shipping and fees.  If you don't want the club back, I'd offer to resell, and if you get less this time, deduct that difference from the refund.   

Attempted delivery isn't changing ownership. PayPal would probably side with the buyer if a claim was made in this situation. It's unfortunate and I feel there needs to be some accountability in situations like this on the buyers side , but it won't happen.

Maybe if the refund was minus the shipping and PP fees, then be able to tack on a PITA fee of 20%, that might derail some of these turds.  

Who was the buyer? Why not invite them in here so they can learn from the situation too. 

4 minutes ago, Emac005 said:

So because of the shipping (which was $45 to Canada),

the club was sold cheap cheap at $35. So he paid me $80 in total. I offered the $35 back which he disagrees with. I feel like I just got another bill to pay now that’s it been 2 months. I will offer $45 but no more. 

What’s the buyers username on here?

You shipped this back in August, and never looked to see if it was delivered until October?  The buyer never tracked the item to see why the shipping was taking so long?  This whole thing stinks.  Seems like carelessness on both parties part.  If you take this site seriously you should have been more proactive a month ago to find out what was going on.

Edited by zip7111
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Emac005 said:

the club was sold cheap cheap at $35. So he paid me $80 in total. I offered the $35 back which he disagrees with. I feel like I just got another bill to pay now that’s it been 2 months. I will offer $45 but no more. 

For this person to think it's on you to eat the shipping because he no longer wanted the club is asinine... especially to CN.

Why not invite the buyer here to let us all know not to deal with the person? This could easily happen to any of us that sell here. 

Edited by golffeen007
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, zip7111 said:

You shipped this back in August, and never looked to see if it was delivered until October?  The buyer never tracked the item to see why the shipping was taking so long?  This whole thing stinks.  Seems like carelessness on both parties part.  If you take this site seriously you should have been more proactive a month ago to find out what was going on.

No. If the buyer never said anything for 2 months you’d expect everything arrived and he was content with the club. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Emac005 said:

Why would someone pay $45 shipping for something cost $35 to buy? It doesn't make sense in the first place. I am not even sure if the time has expired for him to file anything with Paypal even if he disagrees with you not refunding the shipping cost. 

Yeah please invite the buyer so we can get his side of the story. 

Edited by mister2cool

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

How much was the discount on the club to account for the shipping costs to Canada? i.e. is this a $50 club, $100 club, or more that you sold for $80 shipped?

Anyone buying clubs in August knows the season is almost over, so that's a weak excuse at best. He just had buyer's remorse doesn't want to pay for it.

Please share the buyer's username so they can explain their side of the story and/or we can all block them.

24 minutes ago, Bad9 said:

As a Canadian this kind of stuff burns me up. It's hard enough to buy stuff from guys in the US (see Jeri6gt's comment above) even when agreeing to pay extra shipping and then someone pulls this kind of shenanigan.

I agree, it's tough, but it really just takes one bad situation to avoid international deals all together. I had one eBay a while ago and have no plans to ever offer international shipping again. The risk is too high for no additional return.

3 hours ago, zip7111 said:

When it’s not a large transaction and is just a single iron totaling $80, I did not quadruple check no. Do you have your tracking receipts from summer time still just in case their is a dispute?

1 hour ago, mister2cool said:

Why would someone pay $45 shipping for something cost $35 to buy? It doesn't make sense in the first place. I am not even sure if the time has expired for him to file anything with Paypal even if he disagrees with you not refunding the shipping cost. 

Yeah please invite the buyer so we can get his side of the story. 

I discounted the price of the club to include the shipping. So $80 in total. It’s a Nike Vapor 4 iron (lefty blade) that I will not be using and was just trying to make a few dollars off of it because it would rot in my basement. I have a great seller rating and would never mess around with it. I just don’t feel like paying something for a two month old transaction. Unfortunately the buyer does not have as many transactions but they have a decent satisfaction rate from purchases

3 hours ago, golffeen007 said:

For this person to think it's on you to eat the shipping because he no longer wanted the club is asinine... especially to CN.

Why not invite the buyer here to let us all know not to deal with the person? This could easily happen to any of us that sell here. 

To be fair, the buyer had shipping included in his purchase but I significantly lowered total price to help him with that.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bad9 said:

As a Canadian this kind of stuff burns me up. It's hard enough to buy stuff from guys in the US (see Jeri6gt's comment above) even when agreeing to pay extra shipping and then someone pulls this kind of shenanigan. He had 15 freaking days to pick up his item and would have received at least one delivery notification card, maybe more. 15 days. Not doing so just means he didn't want the item any more. I wouldn't refund him anything and would let their PP claim process work it out should he decide to file a claim. You should post his forum name so we can all avoid dealing with him. Geez I hate when jerks ruin stuff for the rest of us. Additionally I don't think you or any other seller needs to confirm delivery unless you want to, that's on the receiver. I aways tack stuff but only ever have one package out at a time so its no big deal and I like to make sure deals end as positive for both parties.

I think this is my last transaction only because the whole process sucks!

1 minute ago, Emac005 said:

To be fair, the buyer had shipping included in his purchase but I significantly lowered total price to help him with that.

So not only were you a gentleman by lowering the price to offset shipping, but now they want it all back because they either had buyer's remorse or were lazy?

Post their username please. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

TE C722 - Maltby TS3 - Maltby TSW - Wilson Windy City