New Fujikura shaft?

1 minute ago, schaperb90 said:

It's hard to understand because no thread on here stays 100% on topic. Even the modified version of this thread isn't purely speculation on what this shaft may be. Not to mention the only reason it became a topic was because people were trying to argue that it isn't/wasn't an issue. Does golfwrx go clean up the 10k thread when people start shaft talk? No. Even worse, do they delete unrelated good good talk as they clean up THIS thread? No. But when people talk negatively on a company that's sponsored a some giveaways on here, they are quick to respond. None of this would even be a topic on here if Fuji would've been a "stand up" company like people on here want to believe they are. But it's us that's the problem for talking about it in the wrong thread, even though it's relevant to this topic. It would be like people talking about carbon face failures in the qi10 thread. Don't see how that would be an issue. I'm not sure how you don't understand this... 

Anyway, I agree let's move on. Maybe someday this will be called golfwrX and stuff won't disappear overnight. Sorry had to make that joke 🤣

I would be surprised if it's just a straight up new blue that's replacing the old one. Feel like if it was that simple we would've seen some pros testing it first, not just Ian.

Eh but all that that you mentioned is related in the fact its speculation, rumor, leaks, or questions about the actual product (like the shaft talk, 10k is a very heavy head, so naturally setup is going to be a topic). This is a “pre-release” sub-forum, therefore speculation and setups are IMO exactly what is expected and related in topic. Complaining about a companies policies shouldn't be in the pre-release sub-forum IMO. Now if you have firsthand experience with this actual release having issues, share away.

Last, the other threads about Fujis QC have not been edited to remove negative feedback, at least to my knowledge, so WRX isnt “protecting” them like you are implying.

4 hours ago, WristySwing said:

They are starting to sound like Mitsubishi with all of their "blue" profiles. TB, 1K Blue, AV Blue, AV Blue SFW, Kai'li Blue, C6 Blue...it's too much.  These material differences are going to be noticeable for less than about 5% of the golf population in terms of material changes in distance/accuracy.

these guys keep popping up more and more in threads. Don’t buy it then, don’t try it either! 
If someone wants to see if it’s noticeable, then they have at it, but you’re adding no value to the dialogue. Choices are a great thing! All OEM have a ton of overlapping options nowadays, I’m sure you could find something that makes you happy. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, zlawson36 said:

The new shaft is a Ventus Blue Velocore + which is just a refresh of the OG Ventus Blue with slightly stronger and more refined Velocore. It is hard to imagine that the shaft will be revolutionary, but, if Fuji can figure out it's QC issues then this could be a winner. I just don't think switching from OG Ventus Blue to this new one will be worth the price tag. 

Well I am happy about that, the OG Blue just works for me.  Hit the QI10ls today with my gamer Velo Blue & it really performed well in the LS head.   

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

Still hoping it is a new HB TR shaft. 

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

1 hour ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

these guys keep popping up more and more in threads. Don’t buy it then, don’t try it either! 
If someone wants to see if it’s noticeable, then they have at it, but you’re adding no value to the dialogue. Choices are a great thing! All OEM have a ton of overlapping options nowadays, I’m sure you could find something that makes you happy. 

Easy there, cowboy.  It's just a comment.  Yes, I agree choices are a great thing.  I just don't like seeing companies come out with 5 different products that do the exact same thing.  From a retailers perspective, all it serves to do is confuse the average person.  Sometimes less is more.  I think this is in large part why Fuji dropped the EVO lines when you had 7 different models, 3 of which were current at any one time, that did the exact same thing, with the same profiles, with minor tweaks to flight or spin.  It got to be too much.  That, and Ventus came out and blew it all out of the water too, of course.

Edited by WristySwing

The Weirdo 2024 Bag

Ping G430 Max 9* --- Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50 --- set to 7.5* at 45.75"

Taylormade BRNR Mini Copper 11.5* --- Diamana Thump 70 --- 44"

Titleist TSR3 16.5* --- Diamana Thump 70 --- 42.75"

Callaway Apex UW 21* --- Diamana Thump 80 --- 41" 

Mizuno ST-Max 5H & 6H --- Steelfiber i95 Private Reserve

PXG Gen 5 0311T 7-G Black --- KBS $-Taper 115 

Titleist SM10 54.12D & 58.08M Jet Black --- KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Black 125

Bettinardi Hive Custom --- Stability Black

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track Yellow; Lamkin Sonar Midsize + grips

1 hour ago, WristySwing said:

Easy there, cowboy.  It's just a comment.  Yes, I agree choices are a great thing.  I just don't like seeing companies come out with 5 different products that do the exact same thing.  From a retailers perspective, all it serves to do is confuse the average person.  Sometimes less is more.  I think this is in large part why Fuji dropped the EVO lines when you had 7 different models, 3 of which were current at any one time, that did the exact same thing, with the same profiles, with minor tweaks to flight or spin.  It got to be too much.  That, and Ventus came out and blew it all out of the water too, of course.

Perhaps your definition of the "same thing" differs from others because to me the Ventus velocore OG line doesn't even do the same thing as the Ventus velocore TR line (personally I prefer OG line).  

44 minutes ago, txbadger said:

Perhaps your definition of the "same thing" differs from others because to me the Ventus velocore OG line doesn't even do the same thing as the Ventus velocore TR line (personally I prefer OG line).  

The EI curve would disagree with this.  But it doesn't matter, if you feel there is a difference and hit it differently, so be it.  My comment to the original person was that it seemed silly to have 3 Ventus blue profiles, a standard one, a TR model that is slightly stiffer across the whole line and then a new + line that had some new materials. The whole idea behind the Ventus was that it had the super stable material where it matters.  The original model already was using 40 and 70 ton pitch fiber, which is to my knowledge some of the strongest to weight you can get.  The TR line then took that stability and increased it across the whole length of the shaft. I just didn't see what other new material they could add that would have a noticeable improvement in the already best selling shafts of the past 4-5 years.

Having said all of that, the person I was commenting to then said it was a replacement for the original Ventus anyways that would be going away, to their knowledge.  So my comment is moot anyways.

Edited by WristySwing

The Weirdo 2024 Bag

4 hours ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

The average golfer knows nothing about Ventus.

The average golfer doesn’t look up shaft variations or even the OEM that produces the shaft.

The WRX golfer is not the average golfer.

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

BALL; Chrome Soft X

They posted again on social media saying this shaft will be a Revolution in Blue. Could actually be an update to OG Blue.

• Like 1

Driver - Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 8° w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood - Ping G425 14.5° w/ Fujikura Ventus Black 7X

Hybrid - Ping G425 17° w/ Accra TZ SIX 85H M5

Hybrid - Ping G430 20.5° w/ Accra TZ6 Proto 85H M5

5 Iron - Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal Pro w/ Nippon Modus 120S

6-GW - Mizuno JPX 923 Forged w/ Nippon Modus 120S

Sand Wedge - Callaway JAWS Full Toe Raw Black 53° w/ Nippon Modus 125

Lob Wedge - Callaway JAWS Full Toe Raw Black 58° w/ BGT ZNE 130

Putter - Odyssey Ai-One Double Wide DB 32.5" w/ Garsen Max Grip

Ball - Callaway Chrome Tour Triple Track

Just ordered OG Blue for my 3 wood. About to pull the trigger on a new driver, was going to go Blue TR which I was fit for last year, but now I have to hold off one more day 😂

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

18 hours ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

The average golfer knows nothing about Ventus.

The average golfer doesn’t look up shaft variations or even the OEM that produces the shaft.

The WRX golfer is not the average golfer.

So true.  My golf buddy, who plays more rounds per year than most and plays off a mid-single-digit, was fitted into a SIM (by a WRX sponsor) with a Ventus blue stock non-Velo and is none the wiser.  It was the best shaft for him in the process.  

The same guy who just texted me, "What is the best shaft Titleist makes, looking for new irons?"

• Haha 1

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

21 hours ago, WristySwing said:

The EI curve would disagree with this.  But it doesn't matter, if you feel there is a difference and hit it differently, so be it.  My comment to the original person was that it seemed silly to have 3 Ventus blue profiles, a standard one, a TR model that is slightly stiffer across the whole line and then a new + line that had some new materials. The whole idea behind the Ventus was that it had the super stable material where it matters.  The original model already was using 40 and 70 ton pitch fiber, which is to my knowledge some of the strongest to weight you can get.  The TR line then took that stability and increased it across the whole length of the shaft. I just didn't see what other new material they could add that would have a noticeable improvement in the already best selling shafts of the past 4-5 years.

Having said all of that, the person I was commenting to then said it was a replacement for the original Ventus anyways that would be going away, to their knowledge.  So my comment is moot anyways.

You have to admit, when taylormade, callaway, cobra come out with a “new” driver every year….has become norm. Why wouldnt shaft companies do that as well, from a business standpoint? Its not overly complicated… golfers have proven they will buy the lastest because of fear of missing out.

1 hour ago, Red4282 said:

You have to admit, when taylormade, callaway, cobra come out with a “new” driver every year….has become norm. Why wouldnt shaft companies do that as well, from a business standpoint? Its not overly complicated… golfers have proven they will buy the lastest because of fear of missing out.

I'd agree to disagree on the golfer buying the latest and greatest.  Having worked the retail side of it for the better part of 20 years now, the average golfer (think your Joe 20 handicap) will average probably about 10 years for each new club/shaft purchase. Your avid players will be about every 2-3 years. I had some clients at the last place I worked that I would see once or twice a year but it would typically be driver one year, irons and wedges another year, fairways and hybrids the next, then the driver was back on deck, and so on.  Very rarely was I seeing someone year over year, or multiple times a year (except for a couple prominent juniors who had parents with money to burn and it seemed like every inch the kid grew they wanted a full new setup).

I do see your point, from a business standpoint, yes it makes sense to have more SKUs available as it increases the probabilities that you are going to find someone who will not only fit into that specific SKU, but also the new and improved crowd are willing to try it out on a whim just for the fact its the new shiny thing.

Edited by WristySwing
  • Like 1

The Weirdo 2024 Bag

love the addition of a 9x! That would be great in a 7 wood or Callaway UW..

• Like 3

BALL; Chrome Soft X

New WB New Ventus Blue +

The Shaft Wars begun, they have!!!star wars GIF

Seeing  the new WB profile vs Ventus + I will likely try the Ventus. 

Edited by ignitewvu

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)