2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Jon Rahm - How to make $600m + Why Youtube golf is better than PGA or LIV = Not boring.

Jeselnik

3 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Most interesting to me is that people are interested in sports stars

speaking 🤣

I can’t recall one word that any of the dozens of legendary athletes I’ve watched over the decades actually said 

I mean, this is what it’s all about 

lawrence taylor giants GIF

What possible interest do I have in what an athlete says 

Its almost an oxymoron to me 🤣

But, I guess I understand how people could be interested, athletes now try to build their “brand” and it’s fun for some to see. 

Namath, Arnie, Ruth, Ali, etc. There have always been athletes who's personalities have transcended sports. The internet and social media was just gas on the fire. Previously, only the unique or interesting had much of a voice or brand. Now, for better and worse, everybody does. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Most interesting to me is that people are interested in sports stars

speaking 🤣

I can’t recall one word that any of the dozens of legendary athletes I’ve watched over the decades actually said 

I mean, this is what it’s all about 

lawrence taylor giants GIF

What possible interest do I have in what an athlete says 

Its almost an oxymoron to me 🤣

But, I guess I understand how people could be interested, athletes now try to build their “brand” and it’s fun for some to see. 

A few Sports Legends quotes:

Namath:  “I guarantee we will beat Baltimore in the Super Bowl.”

Nicklaus:  “The biggest rival I’ve had in my career is me.”

Ali:  “I am the greatest of all time.”

Tiger:  “Winning takes care of everything.”

Yogi Berra:  “It gets late early this time of year.”

Arnie:  “The road to success is always under construction.”

Willie Mays:  “It isn’t hard to be good from time to time in sports.  What’s tough is being good every day.”

A few YouTube Golf Posers quotes:

I only hit that 7 iron 260 yards because it was into the wind.

I’m as good as all those tour guys but I don’t play the tour because of the travel.

I need a triple extra stiff shaft to fix my ball flight.  

Edited by Mcfly
  • Like 2

Taylormade Sim 2 Max 10.5*

Taylormade Burner 15* 3 wood

Taylormade Rescue Mid 22* & 25* hybrids

PXG 0311T Gen1 5/GW irons

Cleveland 588 56* & 60*

Putter Yes! Marilyn 

I'm super into Youtube golf and the PGA Tour, but maybe more selective than some. The Bryan Brothers are absolute sticks. Wesley has won on the PGA Tour and George has made a cut on the PGA Tour and I think he played PGA Latin America and maybe PGA Canada, but I could be wrong. To get an up close and frequent insight on how they play is great for me personally. When I watch Grant, Good Good, or Bob Does Sports, there is a striking difference in elite golf (Bryan Bros) and the rest. I have tried, but I have no interest in watching Micah Morris, Grant Whatever His Name, and Bob Does Sports (even though I think he's a funny guy). I want to watch elite golf and I think the Bryan Bros are elite in the whole scheme of things. Plus, George Bryan just seems like a genuinely nice guy chasing the dream of being on the PGA Tour and I happen to think he has the talent to do that.

It's entertaining.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, jdl said:

I don't understand the comparison, they aren't even close to being the same thing. I like a lot of the YouTube content and I like pro golf, too. It is interesting hearing from the pros in a more relaxed environment for sure. But I'd still rather see them playing "at work" on tour.

Yeah I don't understand the comparison either. Apples and Oranges. 

Akin to attending a practice round vs tournament day. Both enjoyable but for different reasons. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, angler99 said:

I'm super into Youtube golf and the PGA Tour, but maybe more selective than some. The Bryan Brothers are absolute sticks. Wesley has won on the PGA Tour and George has made a cut on the PGA Tour and I think he played PGA Latin America and maybe PGA Canada, but I could be wrong. To get an up close and frequent insight on how they play is great for me personally. When I watch Grant, Good Good, or Bob Does Sports, there is a striking difference in elite golf (Bryan Bros) and the rest. I have tried, but I have no interest in watching Micah Morris, Grant Whatever His Name, and Bob Does Sports (even though I think he's a funny guy). I want to watch elite golf and I think the Bryan Bros are elite in the whole scheme of things. Plus, George Bryan just seems like a genuinely nice guy chasing the dream of being on the PGA Tour and I happen to think he has the talent to do that.

It's entertaining.

it also helps that the bryan bros often have other pros playing on their channel.

1 hour ago, jimecherry said:

it also helps that the bryan bros often have other pros playing on their channel.

Never a bad time for some Crashkins or Cardboard content!

One of the other things I like about watching them is you get to see every shot they hit, so you can watch them work their way round the course. You watch on the TV and you get to see a lot of putts go in and not a lot else, unless Tiger's playing. 

• Like 1

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

For me YouTube golf over the last few years has taken over the majority of my golf viewing time. Besides majors I don’t watch much professional golf at all anymore. Being able to see guys work their way around from start to finish on a course I would like to play some day is a huge positive. I mostly just watch Bryan Bros and a few others. The golf frat boy channels are definitely not something I am into. Watching pros in a more laid back situation is usually very entertaining.  It’s pretty sad that you see more golf shots in a 30 minute YouTube video than an entire PGA weekend broadcast. 

• Like 1

Cobra LTDX 9* Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 60 6.0

Ping G400 17.5* Project X Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.0 

Taylormade SIM Max Hybrid 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue 7S 

Mizuno MP69 4-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Cleveland Zipcore 50* 54* 58* DG Tour Issue X100

Toulon San Diego

On 2/21/2024 at 11:57 AM, JohnnyHangs said:

Oh for sure - I've been a fan of his, but never have I liked Rahm more than after finishing this series 

Bryan bros and Grant are just great entertainment as well. Grant is an absolute stick as well, I'm sure he'd be even better if he wasn't focused on producing so much content and just practicing. 

I'd love to know the average age of the YT golf haters

On 2/21/2024 at 5:07 PM, Ty_Webb said:

That's not unreasonable. I like Bob Does Sports the most of all of them. They're fun and funny and there's never a bad time for a cold cuts tantrum. FP's acerbic wit alongside that just works too. Good Good is what kind of pulled me in to youtube golf, but when Micah and Grant left, it got too much for me. I watch their stuff when they have tour players on. Min Woo Lee is my new favorite golfer when Tiger's not playing (which is basically all the time these days) and a chunk of that is watching him on YT. 

I do really like George and Wesley though. The standard of golf on their channel is way above the rest of them and I enjoy the level of golf and the banter from Wesley. Watching him take it from Jon Rahm in this latest one was priceless. "Does this feel like the Ryder Cup?" "No...in the Ryder Cup I had help". Mic drop.

Good Good has gotten old, but Bryan Bros and BDS are fantastic imo

14 hours ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

Literally have never had any interest in watching frat boy golfers “play” on YouTube. These clowns have abhorrently bad social media accounts and the last thing I want to do is watch something longer than a scroll

past Instagram suggestion post of theirs.

I'm pretty new to golf and basically only watch the youtube "frat boys" dick around, way more entertaining than listening to some old fart on the PGA talk about the angle of attack and why X spun the ball too much on that one.

18 hours ago, 1puttTUT said:

I'd love to know the average age of the YT golf haters

Wouldn't say its solely age related, but wouldn't be surprised if there are some issues coming to terms for some that the world is different than it was. Watching young people carve out a life for themselves around golf, some without exceptional physical talents, is probably a tough pill to swallow for some from a jealously standpoint. Especially when you turn on a PGA event and theres no one in the field you want to watch.. 

Back and forth dialogue is one thing, but agree some passive aggressive, rude comments that don't add anything to the convo just come off as being salty. Why go out of the way to hate on people who watch the bachelor, or people only interested in golf instructionals - Who cares lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyHangs said:

Wouldn't say its solely age related, but wouldn't be surprised if there are some issues coming to terms for some that the world is different than it was. Watching young people carve out a life for themselves around golf, some without exceptional physical talents, is probably a tough pill to swallow for some from a jealously standpoint. Especially when you turn on a PGA event and theres no one in the field you want to watch.. 

Back and forth dialogue is one thing, but agree some passive aggressive, rude comments that don't add anything to the convo just come off as being salty. Why go out of the way to hate on people who watch the bachelor, or people only interested in golf instructionals - Who cares lol

I guess if there was YT back when I was young I would be watching some YT videos on the best way to roll a doobie. There’s always a better way with anything, right? With that said, my daughter watches several fitness influencers. I don’t get it but she certainly seems to enjoy it. 

Edited by ahenderX

15 hours ago, ahenderX said:

I guess if there was YT back when I was young I would be watching some YT videos on the best way to roll a doobie. There’s always a better way with anything, right? With that said, my daughter watches several fitness influencers. I don’t get it but she certainly seems to enjoy it. 

I hear that. I honestly just got into youtube a few years ago. 

There's certainly an appeal to low cost, high volume content regardless of the genre. People waiting two years for a game of thrones season, compared to tuning into their favorite creator a few times a week. Some of these guys really put a lot into their production quality as well, just a no brainer. 

I'm sure tons of people scratch their itch to socialize from it as well during the week

• Like 1

I honestly like some Youtube golf from time to time. I like when its clear everyone is friends and having a good time.

BUT

This idea Youtube golf could be compared to pro golf, hell no. 

• Like 4

Woods: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Spoon, TaylorMade RBZ 5 Wood

Long Irons: Ping Zings 2 Iron, 3 Iron 

Iron Sets Cleveland Blacks 2012 5 To 9 or Wilson Staff Goosenecks 1988 4 to PW or Hogan Redline's 1988 4 to E (no 7)

Wedges: Mizuno T22 (45/05) ,1969 Fluid Feel PW (52 degrees)  , 80s Wilson BeCu (54 degrees),  60s Wilson Sandy Andy

Putter: Ping Pal or Odyssey White Hot XG Marxman Blade. 

Ball: Yellow Srixon Q Stars

An interview with say Lionel Messi or some hotshot american football QB might be interesting enough, but few would trade it for watching real football.

Exactly what is meant by "Why Youtube golf is better than PGA or LIV = Not boring."
If you think watching golf tournaments is a boring activity, why hang around here?

Then, is it just a generation thing not to like forced merriment and forced elation? If I go to youtube for golf, I go to someone who can tell me what I want to know without any wows or hahas. Guess thats a matter of personality rather than age. But sure, content on Podcasts, by youtubers and so on contains a lot of redundance to make it sound flashy, guess younger people is used to that, while we all book readers preferred coming straight to the juicy parts skipping over the bullxxxx in between...

Of course, a football match, international or american as well as a golf tournament does contain a lot of uninteresting redundancy too, and I guess that golf tournament lovers has learned how to deal with that as podcast lovers has learned how to deal with the hahas.

Edited by Hankshank

I was taught BIDMAS in school, but I'm struggling to get the answer to this one.

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Pal

Most of my YT golf is watched between Monday and Wednesday. I have no ridiculous hard rules for what I watch but I’m generally mostly interested in matches and full rounds of good golf. The more interesting the course is the better as well. Grant Horvat’s new video of Cabot Citrus Farms had me drooling about the course. Despite not being a competitive video, the beauty of the course held my attention.

Stuff like BDS challenges with mostly average golf are not my thing at all. Used to watch Rick Shiels but having to hear him moan about the state of his game in addition to watching it is getting old.

Bryan Bros as well as Pete Finch and Matt Fryer, especially together, are also favorites of mine. I’d like to see more content like Pete’s road to the open where there’s a storyline through multiple videos.

Weekends are mostly for watching PGAT. Unless the field absolutely stinks.

They didnt put much out this year, buy Fried Eggs golf is A+. Good father + son content and they have a private par 3 course 

https://www.youtube.com/c/FriedEggs

Woods: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Spoon, TaylorMade RBZ 5 Wood

Long Irons: Ping Zings 2 Iron, 3 Iron 

Iron Sets Cleveland Blacks 2012 5 To 9 or Wilson Staff Goosenecks 1988 4 to PW or Hogan Redline's 1988 4 to E (no 7)

Wedges: Mizuno T22 (45/05) ,1969 Fluid Feel PW (52 degrees)  , 80s Wilson BeCu (54 degrees),  60s Wilson Sandy Andy

Putter: Ping Pal or Odyssey White Hot XG Marxman Blade. 

Ball: Yellow Srixon Q Stars