Srixon ZX 22* Graphite Design AD DI 75 S
Srixon ZX5 MkII, 5-6, C-Taper Lite S

Srixon ZX7 MkII, 7-PW, C-Taper Lite S
Cleveland RTX6 "Raw Tour Rack" 48*, 54*, 58* Dynamic Gold S400
Odyssey Eleven Tour Lined CS
Hdcp 2.1

Srixon Staff Member

• 4 months later...

So, I got my fist ace in 34 years of playing golf. I am currently a 5.0 index and was playing Twin Warriors Golf Club (resort course) near Albuquerque, NM. We were playing back one set of tees from my usual, they were playing 7250 yds at about 5200 ft elevation. I came within 5 inches on the 4th hole par 3 and complained that I was never going to get one. Then I play a 19 degree hybrid into a 5+ MPH wind at 195 yds on the 9th hole and I hit it pretty pure. I see it hit and roll toward the pin and disappear. I said, "It probably went over the green". As we approach the green I grab my wedge and putter and start looking behind the green. I don't see anything and the guy I am playing with says, "I am going to let you look in the hole in case it is in". I walk up and still doubting, I see it in the hole. It was very surreal and I didn't believe it until I actually touched the ball. I reported it to Titleist as I was playing a Pro V1X and a 909h hybrid and they said they would be sending me a bag tag. The Pro took down my info and I will probably get mentioned in the monthly newsletter. I am wondering what will be next, will it be a long time for the next or will it come soon? I still believe it is 99% luck given that I made a 1.68 inch ball into a 4.25 inch hole that was occupied by a 3/4 inch flag stick from ~7000 inches away. That doesn't allow for much error. Plus I have a hard time making a straight putt from 6 ft a lot of the time! Regardless, I FINALLY HAVE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping::drinks:

[quote name='tesuquegolfer' timestamp='1370993553' post='7217866']
So, I got my fist ace in 34 years of playing golf. I am currently a 5.0 index and was playing Twin Warriors Golf Club (resort course) near Albuquerque, NM. We were playing back one set of tees from my usual, they were playing 7250 yds at about 5200 ft elevation. I came within 5 inches on the 4th hole par 3 and complained that I was never going to get one. Then I play a 19 degree hybrid into a 5+ MPH wind at 195 yds on the 9th hole and I hit it pretty pure. I see it hit and roll toward the pin and disappear. I said, "It probably went over the green". As we approach the green I grab my wedge and putter and start looking behind the green. I don't see anything and the guy I am playing with says, "I am going to let you look in the hole in case it is in". I walk up and still doubting, I see it in the hole. It was very surreal and I didn't believe it until I actually touched the ball. I reported it to Titleist as I was playing a Pro V1X and a 909h hybrid and they said they would be sending me a bag tag. The Pro took down my info and I will probably get mentioned in the monthly newsletter. I am wondering what will be next, will it be a long time for the next or will it come soon? I still believe it is 99% luck given that I made a 1.68 inch ball into a 4.25 inch hole that was occupied by a 3/4 inch flag stick from ~7000 inches away. That doesn't allow for much error. Plus I have a hard time making a straight putt from 6 ft a lot of the time! Regardless, I FINALLY HAVE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping::drinks:
[/quote]

Took me 34 years for the first one & have now made 3 in the last 16 months. It's a good omen. Congrats.

So far for me, only two eagles, one chip in and the other from a put on the fringe. However, when i was playing with my dad and some buddies of ours, he got as close as you can get without acing the hole. It is a 170 yard hole maybe playing 165 to the pin that day, and my dad pured his shot right on the pin and it landed in the hole...then jumped out to about 2 inches away! When we got to the green part of the cup was caved in too...surprisingly he wasn't too mad, its a great story to tell people when they ask about hole in ones! :)

probably won't be the best hole-in-one story, but is probably the most unique...

so, no sh*t, there we were in Afghanistan, stationed on FOB Sharana. And our Battalion Commander (big golfer), tells my buddy Kev and I to build a sand green course in the wadi just between us and the helipad. So, with the help of our Executive Officer, we get the thing built with donated driving range mats, an asphalt roller, and some old cups/flags/pins from a course that Kev used to play at. Dubbed it the TPC Sharana. now, after the sandgreens were rolled, and the tees were put in, we had a 9 hole par 3 course, and the first time we went out to play, Kev, the XO and I were taking turns hitting off #1 to the closest green. i stepped up to take my turn, with an old hogan fatback PW. tee to green is maybe 115, with 60 feet of downhill to it. i swing, pure feeling through impact, and we all watch as it drops 60 feet down to the green, hit 3" left of the pin, jump past about 3 feet, and then start rolling back towards the cup. with all the small pebbles in the sand greens, the ball looked like a plinko chip from price is right moving left and right, and then it just found the cup. i said, and i quote,"woah, that was cool". Kev said "holy sh*t", and the XO started screaming like a little girl. best golf moment of my life without my son.

one of the cooler things about the course was the Battalion Commander somehow had a contact in the PGA Tour's public affairs department, and she sent us TPC flags to put up on the pins and send her some pics...which we did. The BC then gave them as gifts to Kev, the XO and I. My wife, Sara had mine framed as a birthday gift (pic coming), and found the scorecard from the first time I beat the BC, think it was 31 or 33 out there on that crazy a** course. great memory.

Cool story Sammhk! And, thank you for your service to our country..

Closest that I have ever come has been about 4 or so inches... Hit the flag once, but it only saved my ball from skidding way off the backside of the green.

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

five aces. first when I was thirteen and then not again for another decade or so. then, twice in 2007, once in 2009, and one in 2011. varying lengths and clubs from a 150-yard 5-iron (at thirteen) to a 190-yard uphill 6-iron. I meant to write it up but got busy. Thanks for the thread...I'll try to remember to do it now

1 hole in one in 1992 (with a 1-iron) and 1 double eagle just last year.

Driver - TSR3 10 deg. ADDI6S

3 Wood -TSR2 ADDI7S

3 Hybrid TM Stealth 

4-7 iron - TM P770  KBS C-Taper Lite S

8-PW - TM P7MC  KBS C-Taper Lite S 

52, 56, 60 - Vokey SM9 Black  KBS Tour S

Putter - Evnroll ER2B, 35" with black gravity grip

Ball - ProV1

Got my first ace yesterday after 12 years of trying. Short 103 yd par-3 playing about 90 yds due to front pin placement. Playing from the Blue(next to back) tees, I hit my 56* wedge. It was tracking right on the pin and when it hit about a foot behind the pin, took a hop, then spun back and disappeared. I was pretty excited. First one I have ever seen in person and it happened to be mine. Was at that Grandover Resort in Greensboro.

Taylormade SIM2 9* AD-BB7x
Taylormade M2 3W
Titleist 913Hd 20*
Srixon Z585 w/Nippon 125TX 
Cleveland CBX2 50* & 56*
Odyssey 2Ball Fang

I got my first and only hole in one a couple years ago on the 18th at 1757. It landed in the hole, so we were all a bit confused for a second before realizing what happened. It was awesome to end the round like that; if it wasn't the finishing hole, there's no way I would have been able to play well after all of that excitement.

Have had 1 Ace and it was in my Senior year of high school. We were practicing 2 days B4 out first match of the year and I was playing with my golf coach who was 68 at the time and never had a ACE of his own. I hit a 7 iron from 163 into the wind and it was flagging the whole way. The green was blind so we did not see it go in, but I would have rather he got the ace instead of me. It was pretty cool though. Almost had a double eagle once. Hit a three wood into a 565 yd par 5 and the ball finished 4" directly behind the hole. Closest I have come to that.

Taylormade R1 9.5* Myazaki 61X silver
PIng I20 14.5* Aldila proto 60x by you
TM Stg 2 19* Hybrid Matrix Black Tie X
TM Rocketbladez TTDG Tour issue x100
Titleist SM4 50, 55, 60 TTDG X-100
Cameron Newport oval back

Mine is a strange story. I have had one hole in one. On a hole that has forever been listed on the card as a par 4 and still is today. The day I played it however, it was a par 3. The original hole is a par 4 that has a ravine running across the fairway. That year, the course flooded and all the grass in the lower area was lost. In an attempt to limit traffic and keep players from hitting balls all over down there, they moved the tee box down to the bottom of the hill and played it as a 206 yard par 3 for a few months. I hit a 3 iron up the hill into a breeze. The ball never left the flag, but I expected to find it just at the front of the green. I was puzzled not to see my ball anywhere. I figured it must have run over the back. Well, my dad and I always jokingly say "Better look in the cup just in case..." so I checked and there it was. Awesome! Problem is, any time I tell anyone about it, Just like on this forum, it's a long story. I can't just say "Yeah, I have one. Number 5 at course X." No sense in keeping the scorecard either. Oh well, I guess it's unique.

Had my first one last week at the age of 70. Short hole from Sr. tees. Used my new Ping G25 Gap Wedge (U) and Titleist Pro V1. Neat thing was that this happened on Hole No. 11 and on Hole No. 16 a young man playing with us had his first hole in one! His name is Blake and a great young man. He will have many more chances and fewer far me.

I have played golf since the mid 1960's. That's a lot of golf with a lot of people. Not only have I never had an ace, but i have never seen anyone have one. That really shocks me.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

[quote name='Buzzkill' timestamp='1349928348' post='5779507']
[quote name='Johnny Biarritz' timestamp='1349927729' post='5779471']
[b]I simply don't understand how people rack up holes in one. I play the majority of my rounds on a par 3 course[/b], have played it around 100 times in the past year, 0 aces confirmed; I might have made one during a practice game when I hit 5 or 6 balls on one hole, ball was in the cup, but no idea if that was the shot or if it was a deflection.

The only hole in one I have came when playing as a single...didn't see it go in the hole myself and no witnesses...really? REALLY?? :cry:

No double eagles, though I did witness one on a par 4 once.
[/quote]

Controlled luck I guess - I've got 11 aces, 10 were on Par 3 courses ranging from 70-135 yards and the other was on a regulation course Par 3 hole of 215 yards. No double eagle yet but time is against me at 53.
[/quote]

Got number 12 today, 120 yards w/PW but it was another Par 3 ace. Still worth posting for me though.

Handicap:  3

So, I got my fist ace in 34 years of playing golf. I am currently a 5.0 index and was playing Twin Warriors Golf Club (resort course) near Albuquerque, NM. We were playing back one set of tees from my usual, they were playing 7250 yds at about 5200 ft elevation. I came within 5 inches on the 4th hole par 3 and complained that I was never going to get one. Then I play a 19 degree hybrid into a 5+ MPH wind at 195 yds on the 9th hole and I hit it pretty pure. I see it hit and roll toward the pin and disappear. I said, "It probably went over the green". As we approach the green I grab my wedge and putter and start looking behind the green. I don't see anything and the guy I am playing with says, "I am going to let you look in the hole in case it is in". I walk up and still doubting, I see it in the hole. It was very surreal and I didn't believe it until I actually touched the ball. I reported it to Titleist as I was playing a Pro V1X and a 909h hybrid and they said they would be sending me a bag tag. The Pro took down my info and I will probably get mentioned in the monthly newsletter. I am wondering what will be next, will it be a long time for the next or will it come soon? I still believe it is 99% luck given that I made a 1.68 inch ball into a 4.25 inch hole that was occupied by a 3/4 inch flag stick from ~7000 inches away. That doesn't allow for much error. Plus I have a hard time making a straight putt from 6 ft a lot of the time! Regardless, I FINALLY HAVE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping: :drinks:

Crazy game, I got my 2nd hole in one today. The guy I played with when I got my first two weeks ago said don't be surprised if you get another one soon as they come in runs. I had a terrible start and was 5 over thru 3 holes as a 4.6 index. I was considering calling it quits but we had a team thing going. I was very quiet and just walked up and went thru my routine felling pretty numb due to my poor play and anger, then I hit it pure and saw it bounce and disappear. The guys I was playing with today said, "It's in the hole" after the first bounce but I was doubtful and said it probably just rolled by. When we got up to the green, there was no ball to be found and it was in the hole. There were 17 of us playing in a regular weekend thing and we did it right with many beers and a $150 tab. I aced it with a Pro V1x using a virgin Mizuno JPX825 Pro 8 iron that I recently purchased. How long 'til the next one?

IMG_20130623_211807_411.jpg

I've got two. One on an executive par 3 course at 13 years old. Hit a 5 iron from 115 yds. I also have one on a regulation course. 140 yard 8-iron. Got to see both of them fall, and the second was witnessed by friends for life!

TaylorMade SLDR 430 9* with Project X 7C3 6.0
Callaway X Hot Pro 3Deep 13* with Aldila ProtoPYPE 80 S
TaylorMade UDI 1-iron 16* with Dynamic Gold X100
Cleveland 588TT 4-PW with KBS C-Taper X
Scratch 47, 51, and 56 wedges with Dynamic Gold X7 8-iron shafts
Odyssey Metal-X 7 Mid 385g cut to 38" and counterbalanced
TaylorMade Lethal / TaylorMade Tour Preferred X

I scored my only (so far) Hole in One last August after 50 years of playing golf! Uphill 152 yard par 3.

11thSmall.jpg

In April I scored my first Albatross at a par 5, driver, 3 wood NO putt!

I repeated this at an uphill par 4 around 455yds a couple of weeks ago in a County Seniors match. Drive into left hand semi and 3 wood straight in the hole, eagle 2 and went 1 up.

Mizuno ST190 TS Driver Fujikura Atmos 5R

Mizuno ST 190 TS 3 wood Fujikura Atmos 6 R

Taylormade 3,5 Hybrid (2010)
4 - 6 Mizuno MP18 MMC FliHi Recoil F3 95g R 
7 -W Mizuno MP18 SC Recoil F3 95g R
52.08 Vokey SM5
56.08 Vokey SM5
Odyssey DFX Double Wide

2 Aces so far. Hoping for four of a kind before I die

PING G430 10k 9* Project X HZRDUS Hulk
PING G425 14.5* Tensei Orange 
PING G425 17* Tensei Orange
Titleist TSR Hybrids HZRDUS Silver 
PING i210 Irons Project X LZ
Edel Wedges S400 / TaylorMade MyMG4 Wedges S400
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Robert Mark Headcovers
Jordan Golf Shoes
PING Hoofer

I hit my 1 and only at age 15. It was a 154 yd par 3, in a tournament - best ball. I hit a 9 iron, slightly down hill. One bounce before the hole and went about a foot past and spun back into the hole.
This particular hole there was a hole in one prize. The sign said a 3 day golf trip to FL. It was one of those insurance prizes. After the round we filled out all the necessary paperwork with the witnesses and the club pro. Sent in the paper work and got the run around from the prize insurance company for 6 months and then their phone number was disconnected. I never got the trip. Kind of a bummer but I was still pumped about the ace.