2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Aldila finally announces RIP, also new series for maufacturers

markheardjr

PICS!Aldila En Fuego series, Serrano, Habanero, and Wasabi
PICS UP!!! There are more pics of En Fuego series at the bottom of page 1!!!

Aldila announces En Fuego series and RIP. Suprised noone else posted...maybe they did? Stole the pic of the RIP and wasabi from an earlier post from June. EnFuego series from link to pdf posted below.

$99 MSRP
Habanero - Mid to High Launch R,S,X
Wasabi - Mid Launch R,S,X
Serrano - Low to Mid Launch R,S,X

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NV = ENVY
Voodoo
RIP

Ok how'd they get Wasabi? Who's the wise guy that came up with that? :D

Ping G430 LST 98 VenTUS Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Aldila Rogue 130MSI 80 X

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood VA Composites Drago 65 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

Yes, I got to hit the RIP, UST Axiv green, Vodoo XPP7, and a UST proforce Tour shaft yesterday in a Cobra 3 wood. They were all in x flex and around 80 grams. Of the 4, the RIP was the hardest to get thru, the Axiv Green had the flattest flight, and the vodoo had the most roll. The UST proforce just felt like a regular old Proforce V2, but it was heavier.

I have my order in for a RIP, and a UST Axiv Green. My source will get them from the tour vans, as he is a caddy on tour.

OK, so let me start by saying, I play the VS Proto shafts and in the past, the Green NV shafts.

But recently, Aldila has named their shafts "Voodoo", now with RIP (with skull picture) etc... What the heck? Aldila, i am avoiding your SATANIC names, I only wish you'd use better names, because I am very interested to buy more shafts from you.

I now think of the Fubuki... fits my swing type, and rhymes like "Fuk my bookie" (which happened to be a librarian type of wild lady ;-))

[quote name='west coast duffer' post='1954533' date='Sep 16 2009, 12:54 PM']What the hell were they thinking, was the Aldila marketing dept walking down the chile and spices aisle at the supermarket when they named theses shafts.[/quote]

Yeah, they walked in the asian spice store for the Wasabi name, but they were in their satanic cult session when they named VooDoo and RIP.

[size=5][b]What a bunch of IDIOTS at Aldila! [/b][/size] If they think of golfers who are staying away of the shafts because of those evil-sounded names, they will realize how much money they lose in business...

Fujikura, Mitsubishi and UST are smarter Marketing product team for sure... Neutral names = more businesses, just like in any other product or good.

[quote name='buztech' post='1954554' date='Sep 16 2009, 11:00 AM'][quote name='west coast duffer' post='1954533' date='Sep 16 2009, 12:54 PM']What the hell were they thinking, was the Aldila marketing dept walking down the chile and spices aisle at the supermarket when they named theses shafts.[/quote]

Yeah, they walked in the asian spice store for the Wasabi name, but they were in their satanic cult session when they named VooDoo and RIP.

What a bunch of IDIOTS at Aldila! If they think of golfers who are staying away of the shafts because of those evil-sounded names, they will realize how much money they lose in business...

Fujikura, Mitsubishi and UST are smarter Marketing product team for sure... Neutral names = more businesses, just like in any other product or good.
[/quote]

I'd have to say you're in the minority if you won't play a shaft because of it's name...I think the idiot comment may be a self-reference, not a term to use against a good company??? :black eye: For your information, RIP stands for "Reverse Interlaminar Positioning" which is the design/processing of the shaft. People have been putting skull and cross bones of golf merchandise way before the VooDoo came out. The VooDoo is supposed to be funny as in the shaft is magically good! Wasabi was so named because it has extra kick!

I think the pepper marketing is funny. Hot, hotter, hottest...It's not that far fetched. Look at GD with their throttle line, they have Turbo ( R), Super (S), Nitrous (X), and Methane (XX).

:Schooled:

[quote name='ROBOPTI' post='1954348' date='Sep 16 2009, 09:21 AM']AWESOME NEWS Mark !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the 411 .... R.I.P. is KILLER

Very much looking forward to the new shafts ... Anything named Habanero or Wasabi is already A+ to me - on name alone !!!!!!!!!! ... How can they not be good with those names

ATTA BOY Aldila !!!!![/quote]

To say I'm excited would be an understatement! I really hope the Habanero is the players model. Low spin, mid (maybe low) launch, heavier models, maybe cinnamon/habanero metallic red???, TOO HOT TO HANDLE!!!

Just how is "Voodoo" or "RIP" in any way related to Satanism? Voodoo is all about protection from evil and "rest in peace" doesn't sound Satanic to me..
At first I was thinking you were being ironic / sarcastic. Blimey. :russian_roulette:

STZ 10.5 Motore F3 60s

STZ 5 wood Motore F3 70s

CLK 22 Tensei blue 
JPX 850 Forged 4-pw S300

ES21 54 60 
Mizuno Craft 1

pretty sure the Serrano is the "players" model of the en fuego series. The press release had it as the lowest spinning and launching of the 3 from what i remember. But i would say it's more mid launching. It works great with the new G15 i'll tell you that much

kind of weird names i agree. But it's only a name i guess

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

/Weirdest post I've ever seen on Wrx. Takes the cake.

[quote name='buztech' post='1955026' date='Sep 16 2009, 06:23 PM'][quote name='markheardjr' post='1954636' date='Sep 16 2009, 01:41 PM']I'd have to say you're in the minority if you won't play a shaft because of it's name...I think the idiot comment may be a self-reference, not a term to use against a good company??? :black eye: For your information, RIP stands for "Reverse Interlaminar Positioning" which is the design/processing of the shaft. People have been putting skull and cross bones of golf merchandise way before the VooDoo came out. The VooDoo is supposed to be funny as in the shaft is magically good! Wasabi was so named because it has extra kick!

I think the pepper marketing is funny. Hot, hotter, hottest...It's not that far fetched. Look at GD with their throttle line, they have Turbo ( R), Super (S), Nitrous (X), and Methane (XX).

:Schooled:[/quote]

Hey markheardjr, do you work for Aldila? Why are you calling me name, you stupid sh*tty hole?

Did you even READ what I wrote - I use VS Proto shafts (see signature), I love their shafts, and while I agree they are a good company, trying to mimic satanic names are just not cool.

Mark heard jr, I really think you are part of the satanic cult yourself. You are probably the Idiot that they paid to advertise the shafts on WRX- yes you work for Aldila, admit it!! :busted2:

markheardjr ----> this is you with your Voodoo loving and RIP :diablo:

[/quote]

[quote name='BigPete' post='1955051' date='Sep 16 2009, 05:37 PM']Just how is "Voodoo" or "RIP" in any way related to Satanism? Voodoo is all about protection from evil and "rest in peace" doesn't sound Satanic to me..
At first I was thinking you were being ironic / sarcastic. Blimey. :russian_roulette:[/quote]

BigPete,

I was being sarcastic :-) Until the OP got offended and really piqued my curiosity - I think he was an Aldila spokesperson.

But I was also questioning the naming convention - why not using neutral and generic names that people who may be church-goers or conservative or even religious don't have to stay away from the shafts, only because they may get offended by the names.

Take care.. glad to see someone here got the humor.

I recently bought a Voodoo XPP6 because of the name and the skull and crossbones. ;) There is something to be said in a name. I

Ping G430 LST 98 VenTUS Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Aldila Rogue 130MSI 80 X

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood VA Composites Drago 65 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

[quote name='buztech' post='1955153' date='Sep 16 2009, 07:44 PM'][quote name='BigPete' post='1955051' date='Sep 16 2009, 05:37 PM']Just how is "Voodoo" or "RIP" in any way related to Satanism? Voodoo is all about protection from evil and "rest in peace" doesn't sound Satanic to me..
At first I was thinking you were being ironic / sarcastic. Blimey. :russian_roulette:[/quote]

BigPete,

I was being sarcastic :-) Until the OP got offended and really piqued my curiosity - I think he was an Aldila spokesperson.

But I was also questioning the naming convention - why not using neutral and generic names that people who may be church-goers or conservative or even religious don't have to stay away from the shafts, only because they may get offended by the names.

[...]

[/quote]
Because it is boring and the Amish don't play golf anyway.

On a side note, I think it is interesting that you had to list "church-goers" and "religious" separately...

[quote name='HeadonaStick' post='1955411' date='Sep 17 2009, 01:38 AM'][quote name='buztech' post='1955153' date='Sep 16 2009, 07:44 PM'][quote name='BigPete' post='1955051' date='Sep 16 2009, 05:37 PM']Just how is "Voodoo" or "RIP" in any way related to Satanism? Voodoo is all about protection from evil and "rest in peace" doesn't sound Satanic to me..

BigPete,

[...]

[/quote]
Because it is boring and the Amish don't play golf anyway.

On a side note, I think it is interesting that you had to list "church-goers" and "religious" separately...
[/quote]

That's funny (wether intentional or not)

It's not the name that bothers me, its the drinks can graphics.......

Someone would not buy a shaft because it has a skull and crossbones or RIP on it? These are the same people who probably vote a certain way because of the party affiliations and not really bother looking into the detailed issues.

IMHO the RIP is the best looking shaft out there. "Neutral and generic" is probably the worst way to market something, especially if you are trying to get your products noticed. This world is full of people worrying about who they are going to offend with their marketing, tv shows, sponsors, etc that it makes me sick. If you don't like something, don't pay attention to it.

It's not like they have 666 all over the shaft, and even if they did, don't buy it or support their company if you don't like it.

I'm buying a RIP shaft now just because of this thread.
Then I'm going to put it in my Flat BLACK (whoooo evil) Cobra Pro D. :ninja:
I might even airbrush some flames on it.

I bet there will be people that won't even hit balls on the driving range when I am just because of the shaft and head!!!!!!
It's quite possible the ground will open up and swallow them. :diablo:

You know, maybe I should put it in a Diablo Driver head instead.....Those evil Callaway marketers...

I crack myself up!!! :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

[quote name='ToysRUs' post='1955751' date='Sep 17 2009, 12:06 AM']I'm buying a RIP shaft now just because of this thread.
Then I'm going to put it in my Flat BLACK (whoooo evil) Cobra Pro D. :ninja:
I might even airbrush some flames on it.

I bet there will be people that won't even hit balls on the driving range when I am just because of the shaft and head!!!!!!
It's quite possible the ground will open up and swallow them. :diablo:

You know, maybe I should put it in a Diablo Driver head instead.....Those evil Callaway marketers...

I crack myself up!!! :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:[/quote]

hahahahaha :clapping::clapping:

Ping G430 LST 10.5* // Fujikura Speeder NX Green 60 X
Ping G430 Max 15* // Fujikura Speeder NX Green 70 X

Srixon ZX MKII 3H // Fujikura Speeder 904H S
Ping Blueprint S (4-W) // Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue
Titleist SM9 50F, 56S, 60L // Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue
Byron Morgan DH89

Is it just me, or does anyone else see the RIP as rip, not R-I-P, like i just ripped one down the middle 310 yards or Tiger just ripped one on the 17th tee box.

P.S. I'm offended by Wasabi, I'm more of a soy sauce fan myself

Tour issue Aeroburner TP 10.5* Diamana D+ 70x
SLDR 15* & 19* Diamana blueboard 83x
Adams Red 20* Ozik x
Macgregor Pro-C 4 Iron X100
Macgregor Pro-M 5-PW X100
Callaway Forged Copper 54 & 60*
Scotty Cameron Classic black Newport 2 34"

It's R.I.P., it's an acronym for something, but I just say rip like you because it is easier. Either way it's a pretty awesome shaft, super low spin

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15* Devotion HB 75-X
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x