judging players by their bags

MtlJeff

My bag has changed a bit so I'll give it another shot.

M1 10.5 down 1 notch Aldila RIP Alpha 70-s

Ping G30 5 wood down small - stock stiff

Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid Project X 6.0

Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 DG Pro S300 4-PW

Edel 51 Spinner +

Nike Engage 60 Dual Sole Wedge flex

Bettinardi Inovai 1.0 Counterbalance

All left handed for what it's worth...

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]

Looking forward to getting my bag analysis! Do your worst :D

Sun Mountain 2015 Four 5 Custom

Srixon Z 565 10.5º | Miyazaki Kaula Kiri 6X

Callaway GBB Heavenwood 19º (N -1) | Fujikura Speeder 765 S

Callaway BB Alpha 815 3H 22º (N +2) | Fujikura Speeder 865 S

Srixon Z 565 5-PW | Nippon Modus³ Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX-3 MB 48º, 52º, 56º, 60º (V-MG) | Nippon Modus³ Wedge 115

SeeMore Z3 Tour Limited 35" | Golf PrideTour SNSR Contour 140cc

Rose & Fire wood head covers (driver, FW, hybrid), Club Glove Gloveskin iron head covers

:ping-small: G430 Max 9º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:taylormade-small: Qi10 Rescue 19º | UST Recoil Hybrid Proto 85F4
:mizuno-small: Pro 243 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX 6 ZipCore Tour Rack 50º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour
:callaway-logo-1: Chrome Tour

Rose & Fire wood head covers (driver, FW, hybrid), Club Glove Gloveskin iron head covers

Ha...you did say "Do your worst"...so here goes.

If there was a poster child for someone who will BUY their game, you would be it -but- there is reason in what you do.

Or you found that stash of plundered gold from the Pirates under the compost area while digging it up. In which case BEWARE (hint the classic movie "The Fog"...insert eerie music....)

Brand new Srixon irons baby. 565 the latest and greatest.

RTX 3.0 not 2.0 or 1.0...but GOLLY GOSH....4 of them! There goes the Cleveland stocks on the upward trend, lol.

and even the SNSR grip in the SeeMore. You do like shiny new stuff and perhaps it will help you cut down your handicap to single digit. Perhaps.

Now if I were to play u, I'll take you on all day because while the equipment is new, you do not know how it will fare in the game. Hit your irons hot and past the pins with the juiced up lofts, easy money on the shorter holes.

On the longer holes, you have a chance. You have your trusty Callaways...kinda surprised that in the bag still. Kinda looks like a smelly sheepskin cover in your brand new Cadillac but -hey- it is yours. I suspect they are there because they are really killer clubs and you have yet to find a new 2017 replacement for them.

Oh....are those Pirates moaning for their gold?!?!?

All up, still think you'll be a fun player in the foursome, easy money for sure but thats only until you know your equipment. Unless the 2017 Srixon irons comes out and GROUND HOG DAY.....

Enjoy, good stuff and u did say "do your worst", right :busted_cop:

ps since you didn't specify which ball you play. Lemme guess... :read:

OnCore golf ball with the metal core. It would have been Nike, but Nike is out of business with their Resin core.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz Maz Broomstick ACCRA shaft, 44"
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Ha...you did say "Do your worst"...so here goes.

If there was a poster child for someone who will BUY their game, you would be it -but- there is reason in what you do.

Or you found that stash of plundered gold from the Pirates under the compost area while digging it up. In which case BEWARE (hint the classic movie "The Fog"...insert eerie music....)

Brand new Srixon irons baby. 565 the latest and greatest.

RTX 3.0 not 2.0 or 1.0...but GOLLY GOSH....4 of them! There goes the Cleveland stocks on the upward trend, lol.

and even the SNSR grip in the SeeMore. You do like shiny new stuff and perhaps it will help you cut down your handicap to single digit. Perhaps.

Now if I were to play u, I'll take you on all day because while the equipment is new, you do not know how it will fare in the game. Hit your irons hot and past the pins with the juiced up lofts, easy money on the shorter holes.

On the longer holes, you have a chance. You have your trusty Callaways...kinda surprised that in the bag still. Kinda looks like a smelly sheepskin cover in your brand new Cadillac but -hey- it is yours. I suspect they are there because they are really killer clubs and you have yet to find a new 2017 replacement for them.

Oh....are those Pirates moaning for their gold?!?!?

All up, still think you'll be a fun player in the foursome, easy money for sure but thats only until you know your equipment. Unless the 2017 Srixon irons comes out and GROUND HOG DAY.....

Enjoy, good stuff and u did say "do your worst", right :busted_cop:

ps since you didn't specify which ball you play. Lemme guess... :read:

OnCore golf ball with the metal core. It would have been Nike, but Nike is out of business with their Resin core.

This is greatest thing I've read in a long time, hahaha! Multiple pirate references = pure gold!

I did forget the golf ball! I've played the Chrome Soft the majority of the year, but I did just order 2 dozen Snell MTB to try ;)

:ping-small: G430 Max 9º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:taylormade-small: Qi10 Rescue 19º | UST Recoil Hybrid Proto 85F4
:mizuno-small: Pro 243 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX 6 ZipCore Tour Rack 50º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour
:callaway-logo-1: Chrome Tour

Driver: Nike Vapor Fly Pro Blackout w/ Graphite Design AD BB 6X

3-Wood: Taylormade M2 15* w/ Graphite Design AD DI 7X

2 Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics w/ Matrix Ozik HD6.1

3-PW: Nike Vapor Pro w/ Dynamic Gold S300

52*/58* Wedges: Nike Engage Square Sole

Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X

Bag: Nike 2016 Platinum Staff Bag

Ball: Nike Rzn Dot Platinum/Titleist ProV1X

Someone who is sure glad that Nike have decided to stop selling hard goods. Clearly a good player but being held back by inferior equipment. Liking facing an uncertain but happy winter trying out the offerings that are out there already. I see an M1, Titleist irons and some Vokey's joining your set up for next year.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist 915Hd 17.5* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Stiff
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM10 50.08F, 54.10D (Raw) & 60.04T (Raw) KBS Tour Stiff
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

I'll give yours a go Bomber.

You're a Nike fanboy (I have personal experience in this category). The Nike Fly Pro driver works well for you, and the photo blue crown wasn't a turnoff, but you just couldn't pass up the chance to use the limited edition blackout version - because it does look damn sexy. AD BB6X shaft means you have a high swing speed and prefer a lower trajectory. That tells me that you are a long ball hitter (300+). The M2 3 wood with ADDI7x combo sticks out to me as a "let's see what this M1/M2 craze is all about." You put it in your bag and it is a great combo so it won't be leaving anytime soon. The Tour Exotics hybrid seems a slight bit off in your bag considering the Nike (& new M2) but it keeps a spot there because it just works - so why change anything?) Nike Vapor Pros tell me you are a somewhat consistent ball striker and you don't have any need for the lower lofts of more game improvement type irons. The Engage wedges are in the bag because they match the Nike theme and they are some of the best wedges on the market. The Scotty Futura X putter is the style that fits your eye and your game the best. If Nike had anything similar you may have tested it out, but they never did, so the Futura X is the gamer for the present and the future. You show off your Nike love with the Platinum Staff bag - and it is a good looking bag. RZN dot Platinum balls or ProV1x balls are pretty interchangeable in performance, so when the Nikes are gone it will be full-time ProV1x for you.

Your bag is a mixture of what you like the looks of and what performs well for you. You are a long ball hitter with high swing speeds and good ball-striking overall. When other players on the course see your bag, they can tell you are a solid player before you ever get to the tee box. They see your drives and can't believe that black driver is a Nike. "Damn, maybe their equipment wasn't so bad after all."

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

Well I'll give it a go now

Driver: Nike vapor flex w/ KK silver tini 70x

3 wood: tour issued M1 3wood w/ KK silver tini 80x

Just put this in the bag over a tour issued vapor speed with 103x Blueboard

5 wood: nike covert 2.0 w/ Blueboard 103x

3 iron: Nike vapor fly pro w/ Tour ad di 105x shaft

4 iron: Nike vapor pro combo DG x100

5-PW: Nike vapor pro DG x100

52&56 wedge: Nike VR forged DG x100

60 wedge: Nike VR forged ds dgx100

Putter: Nike method 001

Ball: Nike RZN tour platinum trying this out over the black but play the proV1 and like that.

Swap the 3 iron and 52 depending on the course

Well...here goes...keep in mind I'm 2 years in from never lifting a club to scoring around 100 consistently...

Driver: TM M2 10.5 Degrees set to 10

3 wood: TM Aero burner HL

5 wood: TM M2 18 degrees

Irons: TM Aero burner 4-SW 1/2 inch longer, 2 upright (Inc. G wedge)

TM EF 60 degree

Putter: Odyssey versa works 1 blade

Well...here goes...keep in mind I'm 2 years in from never lifting a club to scoring around 100 consistently...

TM EF 60 degree

Welcome to this highly addicting and constantly infuriating game. You're probably in your 20's-30's and because of your newness to the game, what to do besides follow the hype! Who does a better job at marketing and promise of greater distance and forgiveness than Taylormade? NIKE! THAT'S WHO (and truth be told it wasn't hype...not the new stuff anyways). But since nike's out of the equipment biz....

You bit! Not that it's a bad thing because I've heard good things about that m2 series...but you're already eyeing the new rumored TM drivers and woods because hey, you hit that M2 better than the aero burners. You happened to fall upon a great deal for a full aero burner set and your golf buddies said BUY THEM what they didn't tell you was that it would be "old stuff" in the next 6 months and so you replaced the driver and 5w with the m2. but irons, you got them fitted and that's where your strongest part of your game is.

You don't drive the ball too far - no not because the swing speed is slow, but because the balls curves to the slice side too often, causing you to utilize longer clubs on that second shot on par 4's and.... Oops I topped it again...your buddies tell you to re-tee, but you say "no...i'll play it as it lies" so you utilize that 3 and 5 often.

You're going to pick up a Red itsy bitsy when you find one for cheap. you want a full taylormade bag. But you haven't tried a mallet putter because all your buddies use blades. Brand means something...and that isn't a bad thing either. You'll eventually be a club ho as you get better and want to try out all sorts of different things, like I did.

Hope I wasn't too hard on you because I went from not touching a club 4 yrs ago to 80-90 scores...believe me, I was like you before...TM Driver to Wedges...

How'd I do?

Your turn Jonny. review someones bag

I'll give this a go:

Driver: TM R11s 10.5* Stiff stock shaft

3 Wood: Titleist 915f 15* Stiff Stock shaft

Hybrid: Titleist 913h 19* stiff stock

Irons: 3-PW Mizuno MP54 w/ KBS Tour Stiff

Wedges: SM5 52* and 56*

Putter: Some mediocre TM putter that rolls nice for me

Ball: I just around but typically ProV1x or Velocity (Planning on trying the Snell MTB soon)

Have at it! :hunter:

Driver: Titleist 915 10.5 w/GD AD DI 8X 43.5"

3 Wood: Titleist 915 16.5 w/ATTAS Elements MK 8X 42"

5 Wood: Titleist 915 18 w/ATTAS T2 8X 41.5"

3 Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90x 40.5"

4 Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1 24 w/ Diamana D+ 90x 40"

Irons: Callaway Apex 2014: 6i-AW: PX 5.5 (+2" up 4)

Wedges: Yururi Gekku 57 and 61: PX 5.5 (+2" up 4)

Grips: Iomic 2.3 Sticky w/5 wraps

Putter: YES! Tracey fc - 33" - Iomic midsize

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x

Bag: Sun Mountain C130

Driver: Callaway Epic Max - 10.5 Deg - GD Tour AD HD - 5S
4 Wood: Callaway Epic Speed - 16.5 Deg - GD Tour AD MT - 6S
Irons: Callaway Epic Forged - 4i-SW - Aerotech Steelfiber FC90-F4
Wedge:Fourteen RM-21 - 58/12 - Recoil 110 F4
Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Black #7 - 33"
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x 
Bag: Sun Mountain C-130 or Four5[/font][/size][/b]

Oh boy... here we go

Nike Vapor Flex 440 9.5 Deg X-stiff (Diamana Whiteboard 70)

Callaway X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5 Deg X-stiff (Aldila Rogue Green)

Callaway X2 Hot 2-Hybrid 19 Deg X-Stiff (Fubuki ZT 80)

Callaway Razr X Forged 4-PW (DG X-100)

Callaway MD2 50 deg

Vokey SM4 54 Deg

Callaway MD2 60 Deg

Odyssey ProType #2

Ball: Apply for position

Being Honest: I want to replace all of these clubs, but they work just fine

hey it'd be great to also review judge one before you post your bag...helps the circle of life. lol

+1

Yep, try chiming into the conversation. You never know, hicksta and I had a great PM conversation. Meet new friends and discuss golf :)

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz Maz Broomstick ACCRA shaft, 44"
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Oh boy... here we go

Nike Vapor Flex 440 9.5 Deg X-stiff (Diamana Whiteboard 70)

Callaway X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5 Deg X-stiff (Aldila Rogue Green)

Callaway X2 Hot 2-Hybrid 19 Deg X-Stiff (Fubuki ZT 80)

Callaway Razr X Forged 4-PW (DG X-100)

Callaway MD2 50 deg

Vokey SM4 54 Deg

Callaway MD2 60 Deg

Odyssey ProType #2

Ball: Apply for position

Being Honest: I want to replace all of these clubs, but they work just fine

Clearly a good player with a +2 handicap. You hit the ball a decent distance, not as long and high as some of those who (apparently) populate this board but plenty long enough. Sometimes the driver just doesn't behave itself though and for that reason you have plenty of strong options at the top end of the bag. Your 3 wood goes nearly as long as your driver and is much more reliable. It doesn't get much use off the fairway but you hit it far enough that you don't really need to. The 5 wood is your go to club on long par 5's for second shots. You can flight that 5 wood up plenty high and use it to score well on the Par 5's.

Irons wise, a simple looking head matches what most people of your handicap like to see from there irons. You don't need too much help given how well you hit it. There is no 3 iron in there which makes me think that you don't play too many courses where the fairways are hard or dry. If you are between clubs you prefer to go one down and hit it hard rather than baby it in, a fast swing gets more out of the X100's than a soft one.

With the wedges, you need the 50 as a GW because your PW goes. The 54 and 60 are your finesse clubs. The wedges are a few years old and again that makes me think that you typically play on softer courses with soft greens otherwise someone with your index would want some sharper fresher wedges to maximise spin.

The putter is a classic looking and has no inserts. You have a good touch and you know it.

As for the ball, all the top of the range balls are so good that it's hard to put much between them. Again going on my guess for your course you prefer the firmer options, you would take the V1x over the V1 for example.

Any good?

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

How does this look...

Titleist 915D2 9.5 Stiff Diamana D+

Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black

Titleist 712 U 3 Iron Stiff KBS Tour

Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour

Titleist Vokey SM5 52.08, 56.10, 60.07

Scotty Cameron GoLo S5

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

TM EF 60 degree

Welcome to this highly addicting and constantly infuriating game. You're probably in your 20's-30's and because of your newness to the game, what to do besides follow the hype! Who does a better job at marketing and promise of greater distance and forgiveness than Taylormade? NIKE! THAT'S WHO (and truth be told it wasn't hype...not the new stuff anyways). But since nike's out of the equipment biz....

You bit! Not that it's a bad thing because I've heard good things about that m2 series...but you're already eyeing the new rumored TM drivers and woods because hey, you hit that M2 better than the aero burners. You happened to fall upon a great deal for a full aero burner set and your golf buddies said BUY THEM what they didn't tell you was that it would be "old stuff" in the next 6 months and so you replaced the driver and 5w with the m2. but irons, you got them fitted and that's where your strongest part of your game is.

You don't drive the ball too far - no not because the swing speed is slow, but because the balls curves to the slice side too often, causing you to utilize longer clubs on that second shot on par 4's and.... Oops I topped it again...your buddies tell you to re-tee, but you say "no...i'll play it as it lies" so you utilize that 3 and 5 often.

You're going to pick up a Red itsy bitsy when you find one for cheap. you want a full taylormade bag. But you haven't tried a mallet putter because all your buddies use blades. Brand means something...and that isn't a bad thing either. You'll eventually be a club ho as you get better and want to try out all sorts of different things, like I did.

Hope I wasn't too hard on you because I went from not touching a club 4 yrs ago to 80-90 scores...believe me, I was like you before...TM Driver to Wedges...

How'd I do?

Not bad actually, not bad at all. I had 588TT's fit originally but I just didn't get along with them, bearing in mind I only seriously took lessons January this year and out of all the irons (within budget) I read the reviews on and tested,I just felt I could hit the AB irons. That has borne out as from 120 yards and in I can get the ball close (for my HCP) and I surprise people I play with.

Driver you are correct, I don't hit it long, SS is only around 63mph so my average measured carry is 208. BUT...I rarely miss a fairway, my drives are draw /dead straight. But this season I have struggled with longer irons so I tend to knock it up another 120 yards then wedge it on. Short irons and putting keeps me around my HCP in medal.

Putter is totally wrong though. I truly despise mallet putters, I had an Odyssey 2 ball and made nothing. Practice with the blade putter I feel as though I can hole anything inside 12 feet and I now rarely 3 putt as I can get distance control much better. TM & putters is a crime I cannot commit.

Thanks for taking the time....more or less there but my TM driver/woods is a result of testing/fitting. Nike vapor woods were in my bag briefly but feel as I improve I can step on the TM's more...Nike I could feel as though I stripe and no noticeable increase whereas TM 5 wood I've measured an extra 7-8 yards.

Will review a bag shortly. Thanks again.

TM EF 60 degree

How'd I do?

Not bad actually, not bad at all. I had 588TT's fit originally but I just didn't get along with them, bearing in mind I only seriously took lessons January this year and out of all the irons (within budget) I read the reviews on and tested,I just felt I could hit the AB irons. That has borne out as from 120 yards and in I can get the ball close (for my HCP) and I surprise people I play with.

Driver you are correct, I don't hit it long, SS is only around 63mph so my average measured carry is 208. BUT...I rarely miss a fairway, my drives are draw /dead straight. But this season I have struggled with longer irons so I tend to knock it up another 120 yards then wedge it on. Short irons and putting keeps me around my HCP in medal.

Putter is totally wrong though. I truly despise mallet putters, I had an Odyssey 2 ball and made nothing. Practice with the blade putter I feel as though I can hole anything inside 12 feet and I now rarely 3 putt as I can get distance control much better. TM & putters is a crime I cannot commit.

Thanks for taking the time....more or less there but my TM driver/woods is a result of testing/fitting. Nike vapor woods were in my bag briefly but feel as I improve I can step on the TM's more...Nike I could feel as though I stripe and no noticeable increase whereas TM 5 wood I've measured an extra 7-8 yards.

Will review a bag shortly. Thanks again.

DOH! I guess I misjudged you a little. LOL all in good fun though. Please do review one. It's really a lot of fun to see how close we get.

just for you

TM R1; Stock Rogue R Flex.

Adams Tight Lies Ti 5w; Stock R Flex

Cleveland Mashie 3h,5h Stock R Flex

Nike Covert 2 Forged irons PW-5i; SteelFibre i95 R flex shafts; 2* flat

Cleveland 588 51*; 2* flat

MD Golf Seve 58*; 2* flat

Yes Sandy 32"

Bridgestone Tour B330 RX/RXS

IDK if I'm doing this right, but I'll give it a try :

I'd say you're shorter in stature, probably around 5'7". You base your club selection only on performance/feel/appearance, there's no brand loyalty involved. You're a calculating, fairly consistent player, but lack in the length department some. I'd say you play to around a ~11 cap

How did I do?

PXG 0811X+ 10.5* (12*)

CW Epic Flash 5W 

TM M3 3H & 4H

TM RocketBladez HL 5-PW

W/S PMP 52*, 56*, 60*

Cleveland HB Soft #1

My bag might be a change of pace for this thread lol

Driver-Nike Covert

5 Wood-TM M2

Hybrid-Nike Covert tour

Irons-4,5,6 Nike VRS-X. 7,8,9,PW-Ping eye 2

Wedges-Vokey SM5 52, SM4 56, 60

Putter-Nike Method 003

Ball-Titleist NXT

Grips-Tour velvet, super stoke slim 2.0

Bag-Ogio Grom

I didn't see a post on this bag, so I'll give it a go. A different kind of review on a different kind of bag:

So one of my regulars had to miss Saturday golf because of their granddaughter's dance recital. The pro-shop paired us up with a single named Chill.

The first thing I noticed was when he was warming up by swinging a couple clubs around was that one was a classic Ping Eye 2, and the other was Nike VRX. Golfers can be an interesting lot, but I had to take a closer look. It took a few holes to get close enough to Chill's bag because the bright Neon bag was kind of blinding. Sure enough, half a set of Pings, half a set of Nikes. Awesome! This iron choice was just as interesting to me as the way he played the game.

On the long 425 yard opening par 4 Chill bangs a perfect 5 wood down the middle. The TM surely found his bag due to performance, not brand. Sauntering down to his ball with a neon bag and Jordan golf shoes, Chill was looking chill for sure. His Titleist NXT came to rest right next to my Titleist TruSoft. After addressing my ball, he realized his was 15 feet to the left. And a after a quick look at his GPS watch, he realized his biggest fear. 163 yards. Nike 6 iron, or Ping 7 iron. I heard him mutter, "hit the short one harder", so out came the Ping. A lovely shot and 10 yards short of the green. Next week I'm sure the Nike 7-iron is back. After a semi-chunked LW from the short grass and a couple of putts, a bogie was carded.

Hole 2. 340 yards. Out came the driver. Chill lost his cool trying for the green with a Nike driver that sounded like a half full can of ginger ale at the end of a stick. As he steamed toward his ball in the fairway to the right, a little lecture about using the 5-wood was surely happening. All I heard was, "go big, or go home Chill...and we're not going home!". What, doesn't everyone talk to the great TW in the sky? 80 yard over a tree was his result. The height was there, but not the distance, and plunk, bunker city.

The shot of the day was about to happen on only the second hole. A perfect explosion shot lipped out to 2 feet! Nice shot Chill! Now I almost kicked the ball back to him, but he went and got his putter, so putt it out I figure. Luckily Chill was able to line that line on his ball perfectly inside the left edge of the hole on the first try. A death grip on a newfangled putter grip and the ball lipped in the right edge! Nice par Chill.

It was a very fun round of golf. We talked classic clubs vs new clubs a little. A little basketball. And some playoff baseball. Chill ended up with an 86 on the day and wasn't too upset. Would have liked to be 5 strokes lower, but was glad to not hit the 90s either. Chill, you're welcome to join us anytime...