Best golf headphones???

Olesie

[quote name='MarkFromTheUK' timestamp='1328001916' post='4183579']
Any earphones that can be fitted with Comply foam tips. They won't budge.

I use two sets, Shure SE535, and Phonak Audeo PFE232. Both are marvellous.
[/quote]

450.00 bucks for earbuds to play golf in?....does the cord fit ok under the 300.00 polo shirt.

[quote name='topr' timestamp='1328030148' post='4185131']

[/quote]

450.00 bucks for earbuds to play golf in?....does the cord fit ok under the 300.00 polo shirt.
[/quote]

Why do people get mad when other people can afford nice things?

910D3 9.25* PX 6.5
910F 16.5* PX 6.5
910H 20.5* PX 6.5
T-MB 4, 5 TI X100
716 AP2 6-9 TI X100
SM5 46* Chrome TI X100
SM5 Raw 52*, 56*, 60* Raw TI S400
Wilson Staff 1

[quote name='bNeill' timestamp='1328037008' post='4185809']
[quote name='topr' timestamp='1328030148' post='4185131']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why do people get mad when other people can afford nice things?
[/quote]

jealousy

The ability to afford nice things, great, I don't begrudge anyone who has the means to do so, but to recommend them for something to listen to while your bumping around at the golf course is a different thing all together. It's not critical listening, not to mention once you find the timbre you prefer, if the fit of the earpiece is good you're pretty much splitting hairs after about 200.00 bucks when comes to earbuds. I may have the means to carry a 3000.00 elephant skin bag but if asked to recommend a good carry bag I'm probably going to say Sun Mountain or a Hoofer.

[quote name='topr' timestamp='1328040791' post='4186177']
The ability to afford nice things, great, I don't begrudge anyone who has the means to do so, but to recommend them for something to listen to while your bumping around at the golf course is a different thing all together. It's not critical listening, not to mention once you find the timbre you prefer, if the fit of the earpiece is good you're pretty much splitting hairs after about 200.00 bucks when comes to earbuds. I may have the means to carry a 3000.00 elephant skin bag but if asked to recommend a good carry bag I'm probably going to say Sun Mountain or a Hoofer.
[/quote]

The gentleman was not suggesting to go out and buy $450 earbuds. He was suggesting that any set of earbuds will work with the Comply foam tips which will help them stay in your ear, which is the problem the original poster was having. He used his earbuds as examples. The comply foam tips are only about $15

at least that is how I took his post... maybe I'm wrong.

I didn't see them mentioned anywhere else in this thread, so...

I use Motorola ROKR S9-HD, which are Bluetooth wireless and also function as a wireless headset for talking on the phone if you are using a phone as your music source. To listen to stereo music, you need to have a phone/music device whose Bluetooth radio is A2DP-capable. I am pretty sure that this is commonplace these days, but it wasn't when I first got these.

• 5 years later...

Good job reviving a five year old thread!

Bose Sound Sport.

Now we can end thread lol. :)

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

I got these on Prime Day for ~$9 and can hit every shot on the course without any fear of them coming loose. They come with 3 tip sizes. If not this particular model, there are a million other PowerBeats style sets that should do the trick with no risk of coming off/loose through the course of play with reasonable sound quality and even the ability to answer calls... all for around $20.

https://www.amazon.com/iClever-Bluetooth-Headphones-Sweatproof-Wireless/dp/B0748HBW29/

[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8+[/color] [color=#000000][i]Driver 10.5* [/i] | Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra[/b] [/color][color=#808080]King F8[/color] [color=#000000][i]3/4w 14.5* [/i]| Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8 [/color][color=#000000][i]5/6w 17.5* [/i]| [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][/b][/color][color=#808080][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]King F8[/font][/color] [color=#000000][i]4h 22*[/i] | Aldila Rogue Pro 75 S[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]Bio Cell +[/color] [color=#000000][i]5i - Gw[/i] | [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]TT Dynalite Gold XP S300[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King WideLow[/color] [color=#000000][i]56* & 60* [/i]| TT Dynamic Gold S200[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cleveland [/b][/color][color=#808080]TFi 2135 Satin Elevado CB[/color] [color=#000000][i]Putter [/i]| 35" Counterbalance[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]OZone Cart [/color]| [color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]Shredder Stand[/color][/size][color=#696969][size=3] [/size][/color][size=3]| [/size][color=#000000][size=3][b]Orlimar [/b][/size][/color][color=#696969][size=3]Pitch & Putt Stand[/size][/color]

Bose Sound Sport.

Here's a first, telling to my own post. The best might be the new Bose Sound Sport Free.

Apple Air Pods. I was a skeptic at first and thought id lose them, but they are amazing. They stay in my ears the whole time I am hitting at the range and most the time I don't notice they're there. Its a plus too because if they were to fall out, the music stops so you know. Wireless as well so no wires. The last nice thing is the tops of them have touch sensors so you can program them to pause/play a song or skip a song so it is very nice for range practice and working out in. I was a skeptic but have come to love them! Would definitely recommend giving these a shot.

Do the apple air pods work on Android phones or just with Apple products? No issues with movement in your hears or with sweat (i.e working out)

CHeers

None at all. I hit all clubs from drivers to wedges with no issues at all. If I ever get out and play a round by myself too, I will play the whole round with them in and they don't move an inch. Swear same thing, no issues at all, they're really good headphones and the quality is top notch. From what I have heard they are compatible with any bluetooth device so yes they would work with Android!

Bose Sound Sport.

Here's a first, telling to my own post. The best might be the new Bose Sound Sport Free.

these are inner ear ones no? hold well for swinging but are they wireless?

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/earphones/soundsport-free-wireless.html?mc=25_PS_SF_BO_00_GO_&gclid=Cj0KEQjw3_HOBRDa7NbDqdudqMEBEiQAvLBbomOXN6p6_sVNLedEc3gCLMu8G1EsLlPhHUrsYlNLNR0aAhrG8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Bose Sound Sport.

these are inner ear ones no? hold well for swinging but are they wireless?

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/earphones/soundsport-free-wireless.html?mc=25_PS_SF_BO_00_GO_&gclid=Cj0KEQjw3_HOBRDa7NbDqdudqMEBEiQAvLBbomOXN6p6_sVNLedEc3gCLMu8G1EsLlPhHUrsYlNLNR0aAhrG8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

My soundsports work well while swinging but the cord attaching the two ear pieces does occasionally cause one to get pulled out. These would be ideal. But another $250? Time to ponder.

Who would want to drown out the sound of a well-struck golf ball??? I'll never understand how people can do this.

Yup...or not hearing your edges on the snow while skiing. golf + music? :russian_roulette:

It's not the sound of a well struck golf ball that I'm trying to drown out. It's the jerkoff giving golf lessons to his buddy after shanking 5 balls himself, the group of friends who laugh at their buddy whiffing on a Happy Gilmore swing, or any other noise that seems to be unnecessary at a driving range.

By the way, I use Beats By Dre Powerbeats 3 earbuds.

And yes, I use a Bluetooth speaker on the course as well. Music relaxes me. If someone in my group nicely asks to turn it off, then I would grab my earbuds. But that hasn't happened to me yet.

I have Bose MIE2i headphones which are worn during work outs, on elliptical, running and cycling, etc. They are not the newest or waterproof. Never used them at the range or during golf, but given how they have performed during other strenuous activities, no reason they wouldn't function well at the range or during golf. They lock in-place in my ears and put the cord under my shirt... all is good. Been considering getting the latest water proof version, just haven't got around to it yet.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

Who would want to drown out the sound of a well-struck golf ball??? I'll never understand how people can do this.

Yup...or not hearing your edges on the snow while skiing. golf + music? :russian_roulette:

It's not the sound of a well struck golf ball that I'm trying to drown out. It's the jerkoff giving golf lessons to his buddy after shanking 5 balls himself, the group of friends who laugh at their buddy whiffing on a Happy Gilmore swing, or any other noise that seems to be unnecessary at a driving range.

And yes, I use a Bluetooth speaker on the course as well. Music relaxes me. If someone in my group nicely asks to turn it off, then I would grab my earbuds. But that hasn't happened to me yet.

I totally agree on this point. Most of the time when I hit the range I go without headphones. But, sometimes when I go and I know it's going to be very busy I bring my headphones for the sake of drowning out the noise. I'm not even upset with the people talking or being loud enough for me to hear them. I don't expect a place with 60 people standing in 5ft intervals to be silent or even close to it. When I'm at the range I'm just looking to see grandma in a KISS mask and enjoy Virginia Bennett wearing all white in my happy place, and the headphones help.

I wear wireless Beats Studio 2.0's and don't have an issue with them falling off of my head.

Driver-SIM2 9* 

3 wood-TM SIM 14* 
5 wood-TM SIM 18*
3H- Ping G400
5i-Ping g700 
6-PW Ping i500 
AW/SW/LW- Titleist SM8
Putter-Evnroll EV5 Black
Ball-Bridgestone B X/Prov1x Yellow

I totally agree on this point. Most of the time when I hit the range I go without headphones. But, sometimes when I go and I know it's going to be very busy I bring my headphones for the sake of drowning out the noise. I'm not even upset with the people talking or being loud enough for me to hear them. I don't expect a place with 60 people standing in 5ft intervals to be silent or even close to it. When I'm at the range I'm just looking to see grandma in a KISS mask and enjoy Virginia Bennett wearing all white in my happy place, and the headphones help.

I wear wireless Beats Studio 2.0's and don't have an issue with them falling off of my head.

I agree, I'm a big fan of just being out on the course, in nature in peace and quiet. Sometimes when people get loud on the range though, I'll just go with my bose earphones. I can hear the strike of the ball, but drowns out the other noises.

Agreed. I took my 5 year old to the range last week. We usually go to the end of the line, but we had to settle for a spot in the middle of others practicing. He hit one a few yards and started out to get it. I rushed to get him and yelled a "HOLD" to the guys around me. My boy was not in harms way, but it was just the natural reaction to tell the guy next to you not to hit. He never even flinched and hit his ball anyway. I was pretty pissed until I noticed he was rocking out with his earbuds in and couldn't have heard WW3 start. There are times where you need to hear what is going on around you...like my incident and also when the group hitting into you yells FORE. Earbuds are for working out...not playing golf... My .02c.

Yes because we should blame other people for your kid's lack of awareness....You cannot be serious