SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

1134135137139140142

Comments

  • backhillbackhill Members Posts: 92 ✭✭
    edited Feb 19, 2019 3:17pm #4082
    More info against ProVs. Test pack is ordered!



    https://www.youtube....h?v=Yzo6wXC4BLA
  • BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭
    KParks wrote:
    I assume nobody here has seen the MTB-X in person, but thought I'd throw this out there in case anybody can comment. Currently game the MTB Red and, while I'm excited about the MTB-X, one thing I'm worried about is the dimple pattern. On the MTB Black (or at least last years) there is a seam in the dimple pattern (around I guess the equator of the golf ball) of the MTB Black that, while I doubt it impacts performance, just kind of bothers me once it was pointed out to me and I saw it. By contrast, the MTB Red didn't have any kind of seam/equator and so I just much preferred the look of that dimple pattern as a result. Does the MTB-X have the same dimple pattern as the MTB Red (or at least not have a seam), or is it now the same dimple pattern as the MTB Black and the inside of the ball is just different. Not sure if the seam was a necessary evil of the construction of the cover or something different. Thanks!
    That's interesting. I was never bothered by the seam - neither on the MTB or the Project a.
    Ping G400 Max, 8-degrees, tour stiff
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged irons
    Ping G400 5-wood
    Srixon Z Star
    Maker's Mark
  • rtraudtrtraudt Members Posts: 1,748 ✭✭
    KParks wrote:
    I assume nobody here has seen the MTB-X in person, but thought I'd throw this out there in case anybody can comment. Currently game the MTB Red and, while I'm excited about the MTB-X, one thing I'm worried about is the dimple pattern. On the MTB Black (or at least last years) there is a seam in the dimple pattern (around I guess the equator of the golf ball) of the MTB Black that, while I doubt it impacts performance, just kind of bothers me once it was pointed out to me and I saw it. By contrast, the MTB Red didn't have any kind of seam/equator and so I just much preferred the look of that dimple pattern as a result. Does the MTB-X have the same dimple pattern as the MTB Red (or at least not have a seam), or is it now the same dimple pattern as the MTB Black and the inside of the ball is just different. Not sure if the seam was a necessary evil of the construction of the cover or something different. Thanks!
    That's interesting. I was never bothered by the seam - neither on the MTB or the Project a.




    I don’t think it has any affect on performance, otherwise I fully trust that Snell wouldn’t have it on their product, but I do remember a seam in the Black when testing both. Definitely didn’t factor into my choice between the two though.
    Callaway Epic SZ 9* Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8 63 or Yonex Ezone 380 9* Matrix MFS 40+
    TM M2 15* Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8 73 or Yonex Ezone ST 15* Matrix MFS 40+
    TM TP UDI 21* S300
    Adams MB2 Raw 4-P S300
    Cleveland RTX3 50, 54 Nippon Modus 115
    Cleveland RTX4 58 Nippon Modus 125
    Byron Morgan 612 or Odyssey Jailbird S Mini
    Sun Mountain 3.5/CaddyTek
    Snell MTB Red
  • IshIsh Members Posts: 326 ✭✭
    Dean, I LOVE the new tiered pricing system!
    910D2
    917F2
    913H
    '16 JPX EZ Forged
    T7 54/58
    Bettinardi SS3 DASS BEE KOOL
    Snell MTB Black

    Nese mund te lexoni kete, me dergoni nje mezazh.
  • KParksKParks Members Posts: 67 ✭✭
    rtraudt wrote:

    KParks wrote:
    I assume nobody here has seen the MTB-X in person, but thought I'd throw this out there in case anybody can comment. Currently game the MTB Red and, while I'm excited about the MTB-X, one thing I'm worried about is the dimple pattern. On the MTB Black (or at least last years) there is a seam in the dimple pattern (around I guess the equator of the golf ball) of the MTB Black that, while I doubt it impacts performance, just kind of bothers me once it was pointed out to me and I saw it. By contrast, the MTB Red didn't have any kind of seam/equator and so I just much preferred the look of that dimple pattern as a result. Does the MTB-X have the same dimple pattern as the MTB Red (or at least not have a seam), or is it now the same dimple pattern as the MTB Black and the inside of the ball is just different. Not sure if the seam was a necessary evil of the construction of the cover or something different. Thanks!
    That's interesting. I was never bothered by the seam - neither on the MTB or the Project a.




    I don’t think it has any affect on performance, otherwise I fully trust that Snell wouldn’t have it on their product, but I do remember a seam in the Black when testing both. Definitely didn’t factor into my choice between the two though.




    Yeah, I highly doubt it has any impact on performance as well. Just one of those things that kind of triggers my OCD tendencies a little bit and makes me wonder what the MTB-X dimple pattern is.
  • wfrogge1wfrogge1 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭
    backhill wrote:


    More info against ProVs. Test pack is ordered!



    https://www.youtube....h?v=Yzo6wXC4BLA




    Not saying its not comparable to the ProV but the MTV-X is a ProV1x competitor and should have been tested against that ball instead.
  • wmblake2000wmblake2000 Members Posts: 5,597 ✭✭
    I played the Reds (because they were yellow and my eyesight sucks)... down to my last 9 balls. After all the rain in So Cal, the rough is tall. Not gonna last till April to be sure. But now the Black is also yellow, so I had to try to decide between the new X and Black. I felt a little like Brandon D with a slide ruler trying to figure out which, so I ordered the test pack (x2).



    I hope they can ship in early April... Eager to test the two balls...
    Ping GMax 400 10.5
    Callawy Epic 5W
    Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
    TM P790 4-AW
    Fourteen mt28v3 54, 58
    Cameron Futura 5W

    If you see any more new irons in my bag before 2020, call the paramedics because my wife will have seriously injured me
  • Snell GolfSnell Golf Sponsors Posts: 537 ✭✭
    wfrogge1 wrote:

    backhill wrote:


    More info against ProVs. Test pack is ordered!



    https://www.youtube....h?v=Yzo6wXC4BLA




    Not saying its not comparable to the ProV but the MTV-X is a ProV1x competitor and should have been tested against that ball instead.
    For me, I dont care which model it is tested against.. the data shows the MTB-X is faster in ball speed, and longer off the tee, with the same wedge spin into the green...and this is against the NUMBER ONE ball model sold in the world...and MTB-X is sold at fraction of the cost... to me, I am happy with these results..
  • Hot Rod 71Hot Rod 71 #TheWRX ClubWRX, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 8,847 ClubWRX
    Yellow MTB Black/MTB-X test packs sold out! Dammit!
    PING G400 LS 9* - Graphite Design Tour AD TP 6X
    Callaway Epic 15* - Diamana S+ 70X
    Titleist T-MB 3 Iron - Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour Spec
    Srixon 785 4-P - Nippon Pro Modus 120
    Cleveland RTX4 50, 54, 58 - DGTI S400
    Yes! Jenny Tour
    Titleist Pro V1 Yellow
  • BY#99BY#99 Posts: 321 ✭✭
    I think what the tests have shown over the last few years is that the Snell balls provide at the very least comparable, if not better results than the Titleist balls at close to a 40% discount. To me that is an unreal value. To put in perspective, if you were to buy 5 dozen of current year model of each- you would save roughly $100+ buying the Snell balls. To me it is a no brainer.
  • NRJyzrNRJyzr Allez Allez Allez Allez Minnesota, USAMembers Posts: 6,187 ✭✭
    edited Feb 21, 2019 10:24am #4092
    Hot Rod 71 wrote:


    Yellow MTB Black/MTB-X test packs sold out! Dammit!




    D'oh!!



    Good thing I have three dozen MTB-Chocolate to keep me company. When combined with my other leftovers, so to speak, I'm probably stocked well enough for the year. If not, they'll be back in stock later. image/pimp.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':pimp:' />
    The Ever Changing Bag!

    Driver: Cobra King LTD, ProtoPype 80x or RIP 80x, 43.5" -or- SuperDeep 9.5*, ProtoPype 80x or NV85x, 43.5"
    3w: Cobra King LTD, Motore F1 85 X, 42.5"
    1 iron: Maxfli Revolution, DGS400
    2-PW, Golden Ram Tour Grind, Dynamic S
    SW: Ram Tour Grind Feel Matched 58*, DGS
    Putter: Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34.5", PP58 midsize grip
    (Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35" -or- Mizuno TPM-2, 35" as backups)
    Balls: in no particular order... Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar/ZStar XV, Snell MTB Black... will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time
    Shoes by True Linkswear
  • Snell GolfSnell Golf Sponsors Posts: 537 ✭✭
    Hot Rod 71 wrote:


    Yellow MTB Black/MTB-X test packs sold out! Dammit!
    Hello.. they are not sold out.. these are on a PRE ORDER period now.. they can be ordered and put into the PRE ORDER queue for us, and we will ship sometime early April when the ball arrive... if you are seeing sold out, please send us a snapshot of the website to [email protected] and I can have someone look into it for you...
  • SixtySomePingSixtySomePing Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭
    wfrogge1 wrote:

    backhill wrote:


    More info against ProVs. Test pack is ordered!



    https://www.youtube....h?v=Yzo6wXC4BLA




    Not saying its not comparable to the ProV but the MTV-X is a ProV1x competitor and should have been tested against that ball instead.


    Of course it's comparable to the ProV, Dean co-designed that too. But he didn't design MTV. It came out in 1981. Didn't know about the X version, has it been released yet? image/happy.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':happy:' />
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 8,930 ✭✭
    Snell Golf wrote:

    Hot Rod 71 wrote:


    Yellow MTB Black/MTB-X test packs sold out! Dammit!
    Hello.. they are not sold out.. these are on a PRE ORDER period now.. they can be ordered and put into the PRE ORDER queue for us, and we will ship sometime early April when the ball arrive... if you are seeing sold out, please send us a snapshot of the website to [email protected] and I can have someone look into it for you...
    I for one agree and appreciate that Dean!
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 8,930 ✭✭
    edited Feb 21, 2019 12:30pm #4096
    Snell Golf wrote:

    wfrogge1 wrote:

    backhill wrote:


    More info against ProVs. Test pack is ordered!



    [url="




    Not saying its not comparable to the ProV but the MTV-X is a ProV1x competitor and should have been tested against that ball instead.
    For me, I dont care which model it is tested against.. the data shows the MTB-X is faster in ball speed, and longer off the tee, with the same wedge spin into the green...and this is against the NUMBER ONE ball model sold in the world...and MTB-X is sold at fraction of the cost... to me, I am happy with these results..
    I agree and appreciate the value. The new X will be my ball in 19’ I garantee it. Well done Dean! BB
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • flushemflushem Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭
    Snell Golf wrote:

    Hot Rod 71 wrote:


    Yellow MTB Black/MTB-X test packs sold out! Dammit!
    Hello.. they are not sold out.. these are on a PRE ORDER period now.. they can be ordered and put into the PRE ORDER queue for us, and we will ship sometime early April when the ball arrive... if you are seeing sold out, please send us a snapshot of the website to [email protected] and I can have someone look into it for you...




    I could imagine you smiling a mile wide gaining popularity.
    WWG1 WGA
  • Jrweber77Jrweber77 Webz59 Members Posts: 163
    I play the MTB-Black and love it (have 6 dozen). But pre-ordered a dozen MTB-X in yellow ... just because Dean is the man!! Let it develop!
  • Randy Jr.Randy Jr. Members Posts: 2
    edited Feb 22, 2019 4:13pm #4099
    Hello Mr. Dean,



    Have been a Snell customer for the last 4-5 months now. I have not tried the Reds, but love, love the MTB-Blacks. My understanding of the new MTB-X is, its replacing the Reds. So my question is, how will the MTB-X be compared to the Blacks. Will there be a noticable difference in distance gain (driver) and spin (150 yds in) vs the MTB-Blacks, or should i stay with my MTB-Blacks. Like everyone i want to try the new MTB-X, but will it out perform my MTB-Blacks?



    Thanks for a great ball, and excellent price for the average player.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • hwturner17hwturner17 Members Posts: 313 ✭✭
    FYI, someone in the BST forum is selling 5 or 6 dozen MTB Red Optic Yellows right now
    Driver: M5
    FW: Ping Anser 4 wood
    Irons: Mizuno MP-18 Combo X-100
    Wedges: 50/54/58 Callaway Mack Daddy Forged
    Putter: Odyssey #7

    Ball: Many
  • duffer987duffer987 Don't feed the Choo. Canadian in CaliforniaMembers Posts: 8,965 ✭✭
    A couple years ago I posted a tongue-in-cheek post about jarring a Snell from 95yds for eagle my first time using them (it did happen, but some took my post as a complaint on cover-quality); now this time out I've gone one better image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />



    For the first time - after IDK maybe 750 or so career rounds - I got an eagle on a par 3.

    I'd actually not used any Snells for quite some time as I really like the Tour B 330RX and then bought some Z Stars I feel obligated to use, but I took a different bag yesterday that had Snells in the ball pocket, so here we are!



    Corica Park South Course - #16 - 150yds - 7 iron:

  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,202 ✭✭
    Congrats! You get emotionally attached to the ball that makes 1st HIO. Hope you use Snell for a long time.







    Unfortunately for me, mine was a practice ball. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,202 ✭✭
    Dean, could you please have a test pack for MTB-X white and yellow balls? Me and thousands of people reading this are ready to buy.
  • larciel wrote:
    Dean, could you please have a test pack for MTB-X white and yellow balls? Me and thousands of people reading this are ready to buy.


    I’m sure they will do this if you specify in the notes that’s what you want when placing the order. I did this when the yellow Get Sum first came out and ordered a test pack with 2 sleeves of MTB, 1 yellow Get Sum and 1 white Get Sum sleeve.
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,202 ✭✭
    tried to go thru checkout but I don't see space for note?
  • Snell GolfSnell Golf Sponsors Posts: 537 ✭✭
    larciel wrote:


    Dean, could you please have a test pack for MTB-X white and yellow balls? Me and thousands of people reading this are ready to buy.
    We can do a test pack in yellow/yellow if you want.. just put this comment in the NOTES section of the order.. "Yellow/Yellow test pack please"... we will pack this based on the notes since the price is the same... we did not offer it on the site due to the small amount of yellow players, and trying to keep the confusion and SKU amount down on the site... but not problem if you order and use that note.. now, I hope to see "thousands of orders with notes today"... haha...
  • Snell GolfSnell Golf Sponsors Posts: 537 ✭✭
    larciel wrote:


    tried to go thru checkout but I don't see space for note?
    the notes section is listed after you enter all your info during checkout, then hit enter and the spot for NOTES appears there.. you have to go through the order and checkout page to get to it.. final steps to purchase...
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,202 ✭✭
    Snell Golf wrote:

    larciel wrote:


    tried to go thru checkout but I don't see space for note?
    the notes section is listed after you enter all your info during checkout, then hit enter and the spot for NOTES appears there.. you have to go through the order and checkout page to get to it.. final steps to purchase...




    Not sure because I was logged in that it was different, but I only saw Note section when I went back to Shopping Cart. I did not see it until the very end.



    S70239
    xn.PNG 137.6K
  • Snell GolfSnell Golf Sponsors Posts: 537 ✭✭
    larciel wrote:

    Snell Golf wrote:

    larciel wrote:


    tried to go thru checkout but I don't see space for note?
    the notes section is listed after you enter all your info during checkout, then hit enter and the spot for NOTES appears there.. you have to go through the order and checkout page to get to it.. final steps to purchase...




    Not sure because I was logged in that it was different, but I only saw Note section when I went back to Shopping Cart. I did not see it until the very end.



    S70239
    hello... im not sure if you got what you wanted to get here on this order.. if you were not able to, please send email to [email protected], and tell them that I asked you to send email... tell them you order number in the email, and exactly what you want the test pack to be made up of... they will manually make a note for you, and when we pack, it will be what you want... thanks for the order..
  • DLBTide7DLBTide7 Birmingham, ALMembers Posts: 90 ✭✭
    Dean,



    Which ball will be better for a low spin player- Black or the new X ?
    PXG Gen2 XF Driver
    PXG Gen2 X 3 metal
    PXG Gen2 17 degree hybrid
    PXG Gen2 XF Irons, 4-Gap
    PXG milled wedges, 56 and 60
    PXG Mustang putter
  • drvrwdgedrvrwdge Members Posts: 2,236 ✭✭
    Snell Golf wrote:
    larciel wrote:

    Snell Golf wrote:

    larciel wrote:


    tried to go thru checkout but I don't see space for note?
    the notes section is listed after you enter all your info during checkout, then hit enter and the spot for NOTES appears there.. you have to go through the order and checkout page to get to it.. final steps to purchase...




    Not sure because I was logged in that it was different, but I only saw Note section when I went back to Shopping Cart. I did not see it until the very end.



    S70239
    hello... im not sure if you got what you wanted to get here on this order.. if you were not able to, please send email to [email protected], and tell them that I asked you to send email... tell them you order number in the email, and exactly what you want the test pack to be made up of... they will manually make a note for you, and when we pack, it will be what you want... thanks for the order..




    I bought a few (bunch) of the new Srixon Z Star XV trial packs so I’m pretty set on ball but I did really like the MTB Black last year when I played it and it’s this exact reason, the man himself, replying to customers questions in an online golf forum why I will probably play Snell regardless of having 5+ dozen Srixons.
    Ping G400 8.5 LST Kuro Kage XT 60TX
    Ping G 14.5 Fujikura VC TS 7.3x
    Ping G410 2 Crossover Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 TX
    Ping i210 4-pw PX 6.5
    Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 50 SS, 54 SS, 58ES PX 6.5
    Ping Sigma2 Tyne 4, Black Stealth Shaft, PP58
    '19 Srixon Z Star XV
    Jones Utility Trouper
Sign In or Register to comment.